Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS (41131 Views)

Thousands Of Muslims Protest Against Isis And Terrorism In London / Female Suicide Bomber Strikes In Cameroon, Killing Scores (Graphic Photos) / Russia Begins Deporting Turkish Businessmen, Seizing Turkish Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Missy89(f): 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
Finally

Shymm3x , appleyard, nairaminted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng8RjFKuQ1I

So will this teleconference change anything?
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by NairaMinted: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
Missy89:
Finally

Shymm3x , appleyard, nairaminted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng8RjFKuQ1I

So will this teleconference change anything?

What this about, Missy? It has no sound.....
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Missy89(f): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
NairaMinted:

What this about, Missy? It has no sound.....

US and Russian military are now talking. at least to prevent accidental engagements
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by NairaMinted: 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
Missy89:

US and Russian military are now talking. at least to prevent accidental engagements

Duh! Like the US had any other choice. Their proxy army is being bombed and I'm sure by the time we wake tomorrow morning, there will be reports of more bombing raids...
The US didn't see this coming from Putin. Obama honestly isn't good at this foreign policy thing. He is just an orator that knows how to move the audience and thats about it. He keeps getting outsmarted by Putin.

Biko, I need to retire to bed, Missy. Hold the fort.. wink

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by emmatok(m): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
all4naija:

You are correct. Possibly, I couldn't explain it better from that very intelligent perspective you gave here. I think Syria is the only country where Russia has its military base outside of Russia. Nevertheless, I don't think it is going to be easy for Russia. It is going to lose a hell of money and casualties at the end.

Well Iranian troops are already on Syrian soil.

Russia might not spend much money since they don't fight like the US. But lots of casualties for sure because these Russians fight dirty, just like the Israelis.

You don't spend much money when you fight dirty.
Just keep bombing and destroying everyone opposed to Al Assad.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by JiggamanGh: 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
all4naija:

The Russian fighters can't differentiate between ISIS and those rebels fighting Al Assad for freedom means they might end up bombing the government troupe and Al Assad himself with time.

That is what you get from unreasonable military superpower. I hope the USA government won't be blamed again for killing people in the past. Over to you Russia! Smh...!

For once I agree with you. Filthy albino Eba eater

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
emmatok:

Well Iranian troops are already on in Syrian.

Russia might not spend much money since they don't fight like the US. But lots of casualties for sure because these Russians fight dirty, just like the Israelis.

You don't spend much money when you fight dirty.
Just keep bombing and destroying everyone opposed to Al Assad.
Well, Iranian usually infiltrate as rebels with their infamous 'Iranian Guard' and that might end them in head-to-head collision in the line of battle with Russia. They will definitely spend more money in logistical activities and transportation. However, most of the equipment they are going to be using perhaps will be the post Soviet era weapons without good precision. That means we are expected to see a huge collateral damages at the end.

This is going to be a war of influence because those nations which might oppose Russian position definitely will weaponize the rebels. Know that the freedom fighters are not on the same page as ISIS and the international community might provide them weapons and train them to fight. Russia is in for a huge lost. Possibly they haven't carried out a thorough feasibility study of engaging in this fight. Putin is plainly interested in showing Russian might as usual to remain relevant instead of cooperating with the west.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
JiggamanGh:

For once I agree with you. Filthy albino Eba eater
Thank you. But, the 'filthy-albino-Eba-eater part' is unrelated to the discussion. I would let that go by without retaliation.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 12:41am On Oct 02, 2015
omenka:
What exactly does the US want for Christ's sake?? Time and again, coalition airstrikes have proven totally ineffective against ISIS, yet they grumble about Russia's emergence on the theatre.

US caused all the mess we are seeing in the mideast today. The root of all the chaos could be traced to the removal of Sadam and then exacerbated by the removal of Gadaffi. The power vacuum created by their removal gave the terrorists the much needed impetus to emerge from their caves and launch such viscous campaigns as never seen in modern times.

These were strongmen that sort of kept belligerent non state actors at bay, but today, we don't get to see headlines from the region without ISIS, Houti Rebels and those from Libya featuring prominently.

In this campaign, I'd put my money on the effectiveness of the Russians than the US. The Pakis were able to mitigate the excesses of the Taliban soon after US airstrikes ceased (or drastically reduced) in their country- what I'm saying is that the US isn't known to fix armed conflicts anywhere in the world either with boots on ground or jets in the air, their presence rather tends to make the situation deteriorate.

The only problem with this is that Asad stays, against the desires of most of the citizens of the country. The Arab spring was never meant for them, I guess Tunisia and Egypt were just lucky.

sensible yarn!
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 12:44am On Oct 02, 2015
LieDetector:

ok

but na pictures I been wan see for here. No be long epistle
cheesy

e for beta if u go war front go snap the pictures nagrin

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 1:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Stelvin101:
Watching in 4D. I just hope Russia and USA won't intercept each other's jet, sparking a flame for war.
Russia knows it's targets, which includes ISIS and so-called moderate rebels. The US dont realy have any other target apart from Assad's army which they have been targeting for long now under the guise lof fighting ISIS.
Already, Sergie Lavrov have warned the US of " uniintended consequencies " prior to the Russian airstrikes. What he meant to say is that, " if you or any of your allies try in whatever way to hamper or comes in direct contact with us, anything you see, you will take it'.cheesy It is as simple as that.grin
The bitter thing about the situation for the US now is that, it can no longer attack the Assad forces with ease directly or indirectly as before on the front lines, especially if Russia put boots on the ground by the thousands, while at the same time, it can not openly support or give weapons to ISIS through so-called "moderate rebels", and even if they manage to sneak some in, they will end up being destroyed by the angry Bear air power, since there is virtually no anti aircraft or surface to air missiles that can protect their positions against the lightning fast Russian planes; given the fact that the hegemon can't provide them with such weapons for obvious reasons.grin. Air defence systems no be wetin you go fit hide for plane come drop am by parachut.gringrin

You can now see how the US hands and legs are be shackled by the situation the Vladinator puts themgrin

what does it mean? It mean that while Russia can legitimately target and bombard the ISIS (including so-called moderate rebels) in the open, being invited by the Syrian government, falls within the periphery of international law, (whereas the primary aim is to mentain the Assad regime cool ). The US on the other hand, can not openly and no longer effectively carry out their mapped out strategy of " fighting ISIS", whereas the real aim is to remove Assad and pave the way for their pipeline and other geopolitical and economic business.grin)

Putin playing them back their own game of deception. How it must suck to be caught pants down in your own game.grin

Now the US suddenly deem it fit to have military to military talk with Russiacheesy But last time i checked, Russian wasn't an important nation to talk to; and even got kicked out of the G7 for frustrating yet another misadventure of th e Hegemon in Ukraine.cheesy

See as America fowl don lay cook egg!gringrin

The grand plot to remove Assad is crumbling like a pack of cards! gringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 1:51am On Oct 02, 2015
mentorken05:
The way these things are going in Syria now, soon mistakes are gonna be made and everybody will start shooting everybody.
Not many are gonna understand the following...
Syrian military are Fighting ISIS, Al nusra and other Rebel groups.
The Rebels are fyting ISIS, Al nusra and The Syrian Army.
Al nusra are fyting Syrian army, ISIS and oda rebels.
The Kurdish Pershmaga (YPG) are fighting ISIS but friendly to PKK.
The PKK are fighting ISIS.
The Turks are fighting both ISIS and the PKK but friendly to the YPG.
The Iraqi military are fytin ISIS but are friendly to the PKK, d Turks but not the YPG
The Iranians are supporting the Syrians and Iraqis in fight against ISIS only.
The Americans and dia western allies are fighting ISIS and are friendly to Turkey, Iraq, YPG and PKK, but not to the Iranians and d Syrian Govt.
The Hezbollah are fyting ISIS, and are friends wit d Syrian govt and d Iranians, but not the Americans
The Saudis are supporting Al Nusra and oda rebel groups fighting the Syrian govt and ISIS
Now the Russians av arrived, and av started fyting ISIS, Al nusra and oda rebel groups (who av western and Arabian backing) dat hav bn fytin the Syrain Govt
ISIS...fyting Everybody!
You were correct in all, except that the US was fighting ISIS. The US was never fighting ISIS at the first place, and that is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 1:54am On Oct 02, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Expect CNN, BBC and other Western media to start spreading propaganda about how Russian strikes are killing innocent people and expect Linda Ikeji to copy and paste.
Its already started.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 1:57am On Oct 02, 2015
CSTR2:
The way you guys overestimate russia is funny.
You just wait till a republican gets into the white house and watch how putin is put in his place.
Just like carly fiorina said, the US have talked too much with russia. It is time for an overwhelming action.
Talk is always cheap my brother. When you get on the hot seat, you will understand why you must talk to nations like Russia. And by the way, who was actually doing talking? Stubborn US or willing Russia?

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:01am On Oct 02, 2015
Xsolutions:
Good Thought, as far as world issues are concerned most recently; particularly SYRIA, the US have been just too annoying and their HYPOCRISY sickening undecided

They OVERESTIMATE themselves, they think it's THEIR WAY or NO WAY even if their way isn't working.

They don't even RESPECT the UN when it comes to desicion making on issues like these...

Is this what it means to be AMERICAN?? undecided, SMH!
That is a fact, brother. They preach international law, but have no law governing them and their sick foreign policy.

The US is the true definition of hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:06am On Oct 02, 2015
awesomet1:
God bless mother Russia!
Amennnnn!cool
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:08am On Oct 02, 2015
ayodele234:

Watching too much CNN has affected your brain. You will never be able in your life to comprehend. America and their Zionists overlords are responsible for every evil in our world today. Trust me, western education (slavery and dumb thinking) has done enough damage to 99% of global afrikan people
Help me tell am

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:11am On Oct 02, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao!

Is that how to back up military posturing and sabre rattling, especially after talking about military consequences? grin

Russia is reacting to the encircling of the country and they know the ultimate prize is Siberia.

Ukraine is safe now and it's a buffer zone, with Crimea now under Russia. And Syria is next...so Russian Navy has enough to defend itself.

All the lousy missile defense systems in Poland and stealth nuclear missile systems in Germany are toys compared to what Russia has in stock.

It's a new century for chess players...enjoy the game. It's going to be a long century.
Long long one for the matter.grin
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:17am On Oct 02, 2015
CSTR2:
Mother russia?
The population of Nigerians in russia is not up to 10,000.
Do you know how many Nigerians are in the US and praying to go to the US.?
You are suffering from the highest syptom of western hallucination. Because many Nigerians are living in the US should now make people to support their satanic policies and terror military adventurism abroad?

Na wow!

3 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:20am On Oct 02, 2015
CSTR2:
I don't like to call out obama, but it is unacceptable that russia was able to do this under his watch.
I expected him to have faced the russians in crimea and blow them out of the sky with overwhelming NATO forces, even if it results in a nuclear war which i believe the russians don't want.
That is the disadvantage of democrats. They think too much.
Now i know you are a kid.cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:23am On Oct 02, 2015
Shymm3x:

Stop reading simple illustrations backwards. I said toys compared to what Russia has in stock (to retaliate with).

The US defense missiles he was alluding to are the Patriot missiles and even the Russian s300s are superior to those missiles. Now, Russia has the s500, which is the greatest defense missiles ever and the Topol that can wreck havoc on anyone. grin

Don't believe the hype - no one can defeat Russia in continental Europe.
Blame them not sire.cheesy Too much hollywood, CNN and BBSin has wreck alot of havoc.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:33am On Oct 02, 2015
uselessgoat:

stop misleading people. Russia cannot withstand britain in europe. Moscow will be a graveyard within 1hr.
Britain? Hahahahaha! gringrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 2:39am On Oct 02, 2015
ayodele234:

You are dreaming man. Victory in a conventional war? The Taliban who fought with sticks and stones defeated the United States not to talk about the billions the US. used in bribing Iraqi to stop killing Americans. Let's not even take it back to Vietnam or the Korean war. You read too much MSM (Mainstream Media)
You are just wasting your time replyoing these uninformed trollers. Do you know how many numbers of american dvd plates they have at home?grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 3:08am On Oct 02, 2015
Rotimi47:
True even recent United States military simulations shows that the United States cannot defeat the Russians in all out war but they tend to play it down later saying there is a probability that they can win on the long run if they deploy all their troops & equipments from bases all over the world to fight the Russians.
Yes! They did that simulation recently, and it was so shocking to them that they can never defeat the Russians. They are still fionding it hard to cope with.

So much for the hype.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by fineguy11(m): 3:10am On Oct 02, 2015
CSTR2:
The invasion of georgia reulted in US military response in eastern europe.
Missile defence systems in poland and the stealth nuclear missile systems in germany.
Infact that audacious and stupidd move by russia culminated in ukraine trying to join NATO.
UKRAINE CAN NEVER JOIN NATO!!!GERMANY WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH UKRAINE,,as regard them joining nato..ukraine's request has been turned down by the likes of Germany and other europeans who fears russia might be provoked into responding to the move..As for those ''false defence shields''russia has an answer to that..''ISKANDER"...why did the US stop its missle shield deployment in poland?coz russia threated to move series of ISKANDER BALLISTIC MISSLES TO "KALLINGARD"....one thing u should know is this,, USA can never dominate and dictate to this new russia with putin@the helms again,,unless they want a nuclear war.....

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by fineguy11(m): 3:16am On Oct 02, 2015
dayo23:
American missile defense system are toys? Even your master Russia would disagree that with.
those systems are toys.....APRIL 2014 COMES TO MIND!!!

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by fineguy11(m): 3:31am On Oct 02, 2015
CSTR2:
I don't like to call out obama, but it is unacceptable that russia was able to do this under his watch.
I expected him to have faced the russians in crimea and blow them out of the sky with overwhelming NATO forces, even if it results in a nuclear war which i believe the russians don't want.
That is the disadvantage of democrats. They think too much.
Nobody wants a nuclear war...once those warheads starts flying,,its goodbye 'earth'...even if the republicans take back power in the US..,there is little America can do with regards to russia's perceived aggression...as for NATO..lol..i think u'av been watching lots of movies of late..

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 3:33am On Oct 02, 2015
Missy89:
I have been enjoying the coordinated Media attack on the strikes all day. For the first time, Mccain is not happy about bombs dropping

That said, I hope Putin doesn't over reach

MCcain lol. I thought he was a bomb lover. By the way, how are are you, Mrs Shymm3x? grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by fineguy11(m): 3:38am On Oct 02, 2015
CSTR2:
Shymmex is just joking.
It would take russia 100 years to come up with a missile defence system as sophisticated.
THE BEST SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE IN THE WORLD TODAY IS THE S400...u dont have your facts,,u argue like a kid...go and research about the incident@the BLACK SEA IN APRIL 2014..HOW THE "USS DONALD COOK"WAS BLINDED BY AN UNARMED RUSSIAN BOMBER!!!drop the hollywood shit and make researches,,..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by fineguy11(m): 3:48am On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:
Britain? Hahahahaha! gringrin

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 3:49am On Oct 02, 2015
NairaMinted:
MCCAIN: ARM SYRIAN REBELS TO SHOOT DOWN RUSSIAN PLANES
'Just like we did in Afghanistan'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8hP_7iCqqQ

When is this l00ney bin gotta retire before he leads the world to another world war?!
The man is sick. May God help him.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 3:50am On Oct 02, 2015
CSTR2:
Putin has manipulated the world view to his advantage.
We are here to kill terrorist.
WTF.
Go tell that to the marines. Why have you not been killing terrorists all these while.?
Very soon, fowl yansh go open.
Just as America own don opengrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Palestinians Warn Of Religious War If Jews ‘storm’ Temple Mount (Pics) / Muriel Bowser Renames Road Leading To White House Black Lives Matter Plaza / Zuma And Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.