Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria (44453 Views)

List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / Live Photos Of Biggest Cultural Festival On The Plateau -NZEM BEROM 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Fulaman198(m): 8:53am On Oct 02, 2015
lomprico:

What is false here? In the north hausa (fulani, hausa, kanuri, birom, kataf, etc) all the indiginous northern tribes combined are d most populous followed by igbos!

What is false is that the Igbos are not 2nd most in the North after the Hausa, it's clearly the Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Uncletony(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2015
AfricanApple:
you must be from Iraq or iran

If i say yes, will that make you happy?!
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You mean the same North where millions of children were 'voting' whose votes increased the figures of the North? Nothing was free and fair about Nigeria's last election.

I am still in awe over how such bizarre practice was left to go unnoticed.

pasol4real:

Dis just shows how dumb u are .using the election as a yard stick .we all know the elections especially in the north were massively rigged .For ur info no single ethnic group is as populated as the igbo tribe.

- You should probably compare the average number of females an average ibo polygamyst in 21st century is likely to marry to the average number of females an average hausa polygamyst in 21st century is likely to marry.

- Do ibo polygamysts continue to acquire wives at 50+ (in comparison to the hausa counterpart)?

- You should also compare how early average ibo and hausa females likely get married and give birth.

- Also factor in western education/exposure of both genders on both sides.

Allegations of rigging and/or under-age voting happens in every corner of Nigeria; the result only shows one part either does it better or has the population indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by konjivity: 9:21am On Oct 02, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

I still honestly doubt the Igbos outnumber the Fulbe, don't even start with the Hausas. You always assault us because of our high rate of reproduction yet you refuse to accept how large our population is. You my friend are a joke. Classic case of overdosing on the haterade.
Did you factor in the high mortality rate in the North due to strange diseases and their apathy towards vaccination?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by lomprico(m): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

What is false is that the Igbos are not 2nd most in the North after the Hausa, it's clearly the Fulani.
You still dint get my point even after explaining. I classified all the indigenous ethnic groups in d north as hausa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Ihuomadinihu: 9:30am On Oct 02, 2015
madridguy:
Nice one @ OP, beautiful ladies. Anyone with useful information about the Yoruba and Hausa ladies ? The ladies look take away.
Lol. Well,most of these ladies are only fashion models that have little or nothing to do with any ethnic group. The Hausa lady is just a model. The other lady on aso oke is Yoruba but is married to an Igbo guy.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2015
The Picture used for the Fulanis is not that of a Fulani Girl. Gogettherealone or gerrarahia undecided
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Ihuomadinihu: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2015
There are so many ethnic groups in the north that have nothing to do with Hausa or Fulani. Most of them don't even want to be associated with Hausa. I had a friend from Kaduna who i called a Hausa boy and he immediately corrected me. It's only in Nigeria that all Northerners are classified as Hausa to swell population figures for political reasons. We need to organize a credible census in this Nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Scheming through the comments; the white man really did do a lot of damage to our mentality cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Yujin(m): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2015
bigfrancis21:
The Igbo population should be greater than 32 million. The 35 million figure for Hausas in Nigeria seems somewhat exaggerated. There has never been a proper or true census done in Nigeria that truly reflects the actual population of ethnic groups in the country.
Ndigbo must be very vigilant with what is being presented of recent. Which census figure gave the 18% being credited to us? Who carried out that census? Some mischief makers are at it again. If we keep silent in the future posts like this will be used for reference by our kids. We must debunk such blatant falsehood anywhere and everywhere. Since when did the Yorubas or the scanty areas of hausaland have more population than the Igbos? Our silence means we concede to their propositions. UmuIgbo k'anyi muru anya ka azu.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Sunymoore(m): 11:16am On Oct 02, 2015
Ahmed4002:
The Kanuri are tall, with a stately, dignified look. This signifies their pride and appreciation for their past as rulers, as well as their present position of leadership and influence. Many Kanuri speak Hausa, Arabic, or another area language in addition to Kanuri.
grin
Inda watu klewa!
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 02, 2015
konjivity:
Did you factor in the high mortality rate in the North due to strange diseases and their apathy towards vaccination?

Vaccination? Is it not almajiris you complain about? Are they babies susceptible to such illnesses? Are they not grown past infancy? LOOOL! You Igbos need to pull your head out of your ass.es.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Yujin(m): 11:23am On Oct 02, 2015
danjumakolo:
So if the hausas are 35m and the fulanis are 20m.
This makes the Hausa-fulani language 55m.
Also don't forget that parts of ilorin is fulani.

55m simply means they are approximately 33% of naijas population
The Fulani population is not even up to 10million. They are mainly found in the northwest and northeast and the only state where their language is of any relevance is in Adamawa state. Why they are very influential is because they've mastered politics and the manipulations of its power. Notice how they rode on the hausa population to ruling virtually all the northern states. Its a great feat I must admit. I repeat they are less than 10million in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Ahmed4002(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2015
Sunymoore:

Inda watu klewa!

Barka. Hamdullah
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2015
Yujin:

The Fulani population is not even up to 10million. They are mainly found in the northwest and northeast and the only state where their language is of any relevance is in Adamawa state. Why they are very influential is because they've mastered politics and the manipulations of its power. Notice how they rode on the hausa population to ruling virtually all the northern states. Its a great feat I must admit. I repeat they are less than 10million in Nigeria.

You my friend are simply stu.pid. Gombe and bauchi are almost overwhelmingly fulani states. And rode the Hausa population how? Irrelevant traditional rulers who by the way aren't all fulanis? Or governors? Because all the governors in Hausa states and some fulani states are hausas dumb as.s! And what is a great feeling? We hausas do not care as long as you identify with our culture you're one of us. That's why ibb abacha abdulsalami, balewa, who were all minorities were supported by hausas. Right from the beginning of time, if you are familiar with hausa history, various ethnicities were assimilated into the culture and language of the hausas. There used to be different groups of Hausas. Even today, different hausas have different ethnic background. E.g katsinawas, zazzagawas, kanawas etc Even though hausas, you can tell are not of the same ethnicity. Even some hausas theses days are actually fulanis who have either abandoned their identity or just don't want to admit it. You think these comments of yours are of any relevance? Lol! They're not! You southerners have no idea what the north is like, you only accept the picture your stupidity or that of your fellow idiott's paint you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by wexyee: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2015
bigfrancis21:
The Igbo population should be greater than 32 million. The 35 million figure for Hausas in Nigeria seems somewhat exaggerated. There has never been a proper or true census done in Nigeria that truly reflects the actual population of ethnic groups in the country.
lol... weda it's proper or non proper censsus. Wt u dnt wnt to hear is hausa is more populated dan ibo.. well dats a fact. Previous election should clear ur doubt.. wake up hausa re doubling every year. Ibo re more than 32 million u say? While sayin hausa should be less smh for ur likes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Yujin(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

You my friend are simply stu.pid. Gombe and bauchi are almost overwhelmingly fulani states. And rode the Hausa population how? Irrelevant traditional rulers who by the way aren't all fulanis? Or governors? Because all the governors in Hausa states and some fulani states are hausas dumb as.s! And what is a great feeling? We hausas do not care as long as you identify with our culture you're one of us. That's why ibb abacha abdulsalami, balewa, who were all minorities were supported by hausas. Right from the beginning of time, if you are familiar with hausa history, various ethnicities were assimilated into the culture and language of the hausas. There used to be different groups of Hausas. Even today, different hausas have different ethnic background. E.g katsinawas, zazzagawas, kanawas etc Even though hausas, you can tell are not of the same ethnicity. Even some hausas theses days are actually fulanis who have either abandoned their identity or just don't want to admit it. You think these comments of yours are of any relevance? Lol! They're not! You southerners have no idea what the north is like, you only accept the picture your stupidity or that of your fellow idiott's paint you.
I'll overlook your insult and puerile rantings. Having spent atleast a score of my life in the north, there's nothing you can tell me about the region. The saving grace of the Fulanis were the military heads of state who always chose a fulani dominated town as the various capitals of the states they created. Gombe state you mentioned how many fulanis are there save for the main Gombe town? All the zangos they have scattered around, what population can they boast of? In Bauchi state where you guys have succeeded in swallowing numerous minority tribes and tormenting others who refused to fall in line eg the sayawas of tafawa belawa, gbogoro and environs. Most nairalanders won't have known of the Eggons until the ombatse debacle. I know about the north just as I know the palm of my hands. Your population is highly exaggerated.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Barbiekhadyjarh: 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
# teamhausa# God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
Yujin:

I'll overlook your insult and puerile rantings. Having spent atleast a score of my life in the north, there's nothing you can tell me about the region. The saving grace of the Fulanis were the military heads of state who always chose a fulani dominated town as the various capitals of the states they created. Gombe state you mentioned how many fulanis are there save for the main Gombe town? All the zangos they have scattered around, what population can they boast of? In Bauchi state where you guys have succeeded in swallowing numerous minority tribes and tormenting others who refused to fall in line eg the sayawas of tafawa belawa, gbogoro and environs. Most nairalanders won't have known of the Eggons until the ombatse debacle. I know about the north just as I know the palm of my hands. Your population is highly exaggerated.

75% of gombe is dominated by fulanis. So is bauchi. I don't know which north you lived in. And to the best of my knowledge, I dont know who sayawas are but tafawa balewa was bagerra. What do you describe as swallowing and what would you describe as refusing to fall in line? I honestly think our population is underestimated. The 2 million votes you complained about in Kano, the people of kano found a disappointing figure. But calm your horses charlatan, census is coming.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by heeqhmart(f): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
SeXistBaStaRd:
Stupid Country stupid Culture
for ya shallow mind yu don't talk be dat o
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by tenderlady: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
EazyMoh:

Abadiye? Dakkada!
Dakkada ke maitama nyong ufok tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Fulaman198(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
lomprico:

You still dint get my point even after explaining. I classified all the indigenous ethnic groups in d north as hausa.

Which is a wrong thing to do
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Fulaman198(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Yujin:

Loll what?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba? The Fulani population in Nigeria easily exceeds 11 million.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Loll what?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba? The Fulani population in Nigeria easily exceeds 11 million.

+bauchi + biggest minority in most north western states.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Fulaman198(m): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

+bauchi + biggest minority in most north western states.

Exactly, but don't get mad at me for saying this, since the ones in the NorthWest don't really speak the Fulani language, I don't consider them Fulani lipsrsealed. We from the North East, Adamawa, Taraba and Gombe do though.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
HerexG:

I will attend to all what you have written one after the other

• Yes without the slave master I wouldn't be writing in a foreign man's language, that majority of our kids finds it hard to assimilate, I would ve been happily writing in my own indigenous language. No thanks to colonization.

• Living in the Jungle ? Are you for real ? The cradle of civilization started from Africa, most ancient mummies, artifacts and discoveries all reads Africa. Do you know the Black Africans actually built the Egyptian pyramid, checkout the ancient Ashanti tribe constructions, or our own Nok art, the Ethiopian ancient construction, the monomatopa in Zimbabwe, Africans discovered Mathematics, the wheels and many more. Our ancestors are so kind to a fault, peaceful and loving, they welcomed these foreigners into our land but these ancient western men took advantage of our ancestors. They are the initiator of evil, destroyed them physical, emotionally and mentally, they took all of our discoveries and made it theirs, covering all the traces linking to its origin Africa. They want you and I the New age African to think our ancestors was as dumb as they portrayed them to be in their doctored movies and documentary. We really need to wake up from the mind-control these people has put us through for centuries. We are one big continent, with or without them we would be very successful.

• I care less if I score even something far lower than F9 in English but would weep if I hadn't passed one indigenous language

• Yes Christianity that most people in this part of the world hold in high esteem was a hijacked and a corrupted Jewish worship or Judaism, the Roman hijacked that religion and included their ancient pagan worship to bring about Christianity. Now tell me how does Yahushua the original name of the Christian christ relates with Jesus, now look at their own god called Zeus and Jesus

• I would rather worship my Amadioha, Sango and the rest African gods than to bow down to a foreign god, who told you the pagan worshipers are frustrated. Is Wole Soyinka not one, the late Chinua Achebe is a real Traditionalist, the late Fela Ransome Kuti and many more. Are these great men all frustrated as you have claimed

Africans wake up ! And embrace true Africanism, let's dig out more facts about our history and culture

Thank you
What a trash again. What?
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Exactly, but don't get mad at me for saying this, since the ones in the NorthWest don't really speak the Fulani language, I don't consider them Fulani lipsrsealed. We from the North East, Adamawa, Taraba and Gombe do though.

But where census is concerned they will still be counted as Fulbe. You choosing to to alienate them because of the circumstance they grew up is not admissible in this case. And btw, why are you excluding bauchi? Not only is it in the north east but it's a Fulbe state is it not?
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by HerexG(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2015
wiseoneking:
Don't ever quote this moniker again, till you are ready to learn.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by HerexG(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2015
wiseoneking:
Don't ever quote this moniker again, till you are ready to learn.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Yujin(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

75% of gombe is dominated by fulanis. So is bauchi. I don't know which north you lived in. And to the best of my knowledge, I dont know who sayawas are but tafawa balewa was bagerra. What do you describe as swallowing and what would you describe as refusing to fall in line? I honestly think our population is underestimated. The 2 million votes you complained about in Kano, the people of kano found a disappointing figure. But calm your horses charlatan, census is coming.
Your consistent way of pouring insults speak a lot about you. I won't be wrong if I call you a 'dan iska'.
Now to the forth coming census I know you guys are good in planning and execution. Your have already set up all the parameters to give yourselves a high population but I'll tell you something. All your machinations will fail. Just at the time when you will be rejoicing that all is fine suddenly darkness will overtake you. You will be dashed to the ground and will never recover. Mark this my post. It will surely come to pass. All your falsehood will be laid bare and shame will be your lot.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by AleqsChizar(m): 10:43am On Oct 16, 2015
Kindly download these blazing IGALA RAP songs by ALEQS CHIZAR#

G'OMI ABAJOI
http://madeinksu.com/post/384/music-aleqs-chizar-g-omi-abajoi-

KP'IBE WE ft OD Tension
http://ksuamebo.com/2015/07/aleqs-chizar-feat-od-tension-kpibe-we-prod-by-samzy-aleqs-chizar-x-od-tension/

Facebook: ALEQS CHIZAR
Twitter: @AleqsChizar
Instagram: @al_chizar
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Junior66(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2015
Ricmayak1:

Bros, you can lie o. Nupes are Majority in Niger, Many in Kwara, Kogi (infact original inhabitants of Lokoja), some are from Kaduna and lastly FCT.

Igalas are just found within very few kilometers. Itobe (after Ajaokuta) ...Odolu(near Nsukka)... Agbaduma (after Ankpa)....Ogugu.... Bagana (After Abejukolo).... Dekina. Igala land don finish. Tell me where again? let me even pity by adding ibaji area. And you said that you are pretty sure. Area of coverage of nupes in Kwara alone is almost as big as the whole Igala land.

Take note that the population too shouldn't be compared.

How many tribes does Igalas have sef? Under the original Nupe, we have Basanges, Kakandas, Dibos and so on. When you add all, the figure can no longer be 2 percent.

Research well.
my guy, u sabi lie o, abi u de ignorant sef? Kakandas, bassa Anges, Oworos and the rest that you are assuming are Nupe are actually different tribes which are not related to Nupe at all. Kakandas and Oworos are yoruba people in lokoja local govt. The Bassa People are nomadic people people and there live in Kogi, Abuja, Nasarawa, Niger, plateau states etc and they are a different tribe from Nupes alltogether. Lastly, igalas occupy 9 local govts in kogi and can also be found in their thousands in anambra and enugu states. Igalas are indegenes of at least 6 local govts in Anambra and Enugu states and can also be found in Edo, Delta and Benue states. I have no idea if we are more populated than the Nupes but we are currently estimated at about 3.5 million in Nigeria. Lastly, Ibaji people are Igalas cos it seems u believe they are not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Welcome His Son And Princess Naomi To The Palace / Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan / Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.