Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

The Problem With Wayne Rooney! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Problem With Wayne Rooney! (4710 Views)

The True Problem With The National Team / Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi / 'big Difference' Between Wayne Rooney & Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi & Kaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Grizzly(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2006
hmm. undecided
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2006
@ Loyika,
U are the funniest goon on NL.
Who do u think u are deceiving?
Why must u always go to arsenal sites to talk about Wayne Rooney?
I can go to Red Devil's sites and bring out comments people made about Wenger, Henry and Reyes as well.
Which gunner acknowledges Wazza's supreme skills?
Ya comments cannot be reckoned with cos it's biased.

Wayne Rooney is one of the best players in the Premiership.
Ferguson can never put Rooney on the bench cos he needs more games and NOT less games.
Rooney is the epitome of the new Man United so he is as important as Ferguson in the club.
I decided to snarl at davidylan cos he was talking thru his ass rather than from his head.
Its pardonable to misinform the public when talking of other clubs but dont u ever mis-inform the public on any thing Man Utd.
The passion i have for the club is awesome and it makes me wanna eat out people's hearts.
U get me?
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by kitaun(m): 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Jackal

Funny enough you did not prove anything except to reiterate the fact that your love is as awesome as u insulting peeps who disagree with you on certain issues you feel strongly about cool

Why should you say Gunners don't appreciate the fact that Rooney is good shocked well the average Gunner will never accept that he is as good as you chaps make him out to be or maybe more explicitly as a result of the hype which surrounds the average English XI player just the same way the average non-Gunner would not want to accept that Cesc is a wonderful player, so how do you see that?

Are you saying that it amounts to suicide for you to actually put a player that is non-performing on the bench? or you have forgotten that it has taken some players being benched to fight their way back in the face of stiff opposition and competition for a place in the team, maybe that is just the right precipe for the boy to come alive and do his thang once again for both club and country cool
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2006
@ Kitaun,
Rooney is different.
Put a player like Wazza on the bench at your own peril.
Every striker passes through this stage and Rooney will pass thru this unscratched.

Rooney's ineffectiveness bores down to football regulations taking out the passion from him.
He cannot swear, he cannot contest for the ball, he cannot do the things he used to do without getting booked.
Wazza has lost the rage and inferno and thats why he is now so ordinary.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by loyika(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2006
Jackal cool

Like Mr Kit said "What is your point!?" Do not be decieved into thinking Sir Alex will not drop Rooney if this bad form continues and Man United get to that part of the season where they need to rake in the points, BELIEVE ME ROONEY WILL BE DROPPED TO THE BENCH AND USED AS A SUBSTITUTE. "NO PLAYER IS INDESPENSIBLE, and Sir Alex is in charge of Man United and answers to the Board and the fans, he is not there to be a baby sitter for Shrek.

Jackal i still insist that Wazza's problem is more of him adjusting to a new form of play, which he has to, Football does not respect names, you have to conform to the rules. And wazza has to find a better way to use his anger and passion for the game. Jackal i like the lad, even as a gooner (i have said it so many times) But i know the boy is suffering and needs help. you feel he should play, i feel he should be made to sit on the bench and fight for his place, that way he has something that will challenge him. the basic point being, he gets back the love of the game.

Secondly, if you think Myles Palmer is biased, then i wonder if you actually live in England Everyone knows that Myles is a gooner, but anyone that knows their football journalism, will know that Myles is one of the most objective gooners there is (even many gooners get mad with him for some of his analysis).

Every journalist has a club they support. Amy Lawrence of the Guardian is a Gooner, but she tries to be objective when she writes about football in the Guardian.

Jackal please do check, Myles Palmer is a well known football and Music journalist that is well known in England. You don't have to agree or like his analysis, the same way i hate Alan Hansen tongue but Jackal do not accuse me of being biased, put up other links that counter any statement put by me. (We are not talking of wenger and Henry i don't know why you have to always make everything a Man U vs Arsenal thing, if you bring up a topic on an Arsenal player i will give my honest opinions. I was one of the few that praised Reyes and Tweedy, on NL and other Footie forums, so please lets try and stick to the subject, i get points from you, i know you don't believe you can get any thing from any other person.)

MYLES PALMER BIO:

Myles Palmer has written about football for The Scotsman, 90 Minutes, FourFourTwo, and The Scottish Sunday Herald. He has appeared on radio programmes and BBC television's Newsnight. He is the creator of ANR, a popular website. Myles Palmer is also a feature writer and rock critic, Writing regularly for mags like Rolling Stone and Esquire.

He has written several Biographies, most notably "The Professor" on Arsene Wenger and Mark Knopfler: An Unauthorised Biography by Myles Palmer also Small Talk, Big Names: 40 Years of Rock Quotes, 1953-93 by Myles Palmer.

So you see Jackal wink i am very selective on the views i put up, i didn't put up views by "Arseblogger" or "Arsenal Mania" or "Gunnerblog" which i know are very biased and unobjective concerning Non Arsenal issues.

cool GOONER 89
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by loyika(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2006
Things are just piling up for this lad, and i am really sorry to say, he might not be able to handle the presure,

i mean how could he go from being seen as a hero and victim from C Ronaldo's antics at the World Cup to now being the one likely to be boooed by English fans during games, while C Ronaldo is heading towards nomination for PFA player of the year

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1921159,00.html

Another version, but less informative

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6046144.stm

Even Cantona at his worst almost cracked during the bad publicity period (but he is french, and knowing the french, they really don't give a toss about the English or Great Britain for that matter grin a la Cantona's infamous "seagulls" statement and Henry's statement to the Scottish supporters)

Maybe he will adopt the Keano attitude or bad boy behaviour of Bellamy or Joey "moonshine" Barton grin

Rooney is at a crossroads in his career and however things palm out will determine whether he lives up to extreme potential he has or goes the way of Gazza, a living memory cry

cool GOONER 89
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2008
This Topic was like 2 years ago and its still very relevant. The guy does not have a clue.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tocdee(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2008
I just scanned through this thread thinking it was quite current!! I've always seen Rooney as a shining example of the over-hype of English players. He's average at best. I mean, any decent attacker at Manchester United should be scoring at least 20 goals per season given the decent service guaranteed there.

Players like Torres, Roque Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Drogba, Benjani, Forsell,etc are far better finishers but hell, the EPL Intro theme starts with Rooney handling a ball!!! grin
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2008
Its good not to misinform

der is a difference in a slump in form and being average as a player as some people are spewing.

Ok. Rooney at age 16 and days ended Arsenals 30game unbeaten wearing Evertons shirt
Rooney scored 3 goals in euro 2004 in the group stage and eventually got injured.
Rooney scored in a hatrick in the 6-2 thriller against fernabache in his first UCL game
Rooney won the FA cup for United after scoring 2 goals for United. all the while, he was still UNDER 19!!!!

2006-7 saw him playing 10 games without a goal and he came back with a hat trick against Bolton and subsequently he was the TOP ENGLISH GOAL SCORER IN THE PREMIERSHIP!!!!
HE SCORED 23 GOALS JUST LIKE CR7 . 23 Goals!!!!! (all competitions)

and then, this last season, he was injured twice between August and November 2007. yet, the dude still got 18goals!!!
Is der a difference in slump in form and this chant about him being mediocre.

People should learn to speak with facts. your opinions about him wont count tho.
agreed, on the international scene, he has been running awol but i know with time, the dude will hit it.

abeggi o! at least, the guy don score 93 goals so far.

@tocdee
what do you know about santa cruz, benjani, forsell and all these para-lympians u mentioned?
this is not a beer parlour. watch what u post
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2008
Oh!

after reviewing TKB's post, i agree that Rooney is the best striker in the world

the dude is good, scorings hatricks and ending unbeaten runs

what else do you want from rooney after 93 goals

He shouold win the world's all-time best striker

good work! Rooney smiley
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2008
@folahann
what im saying is
the dude is not as bad as people are saying and i highlighted some of his good works.
for someone who averages between 18 and 20 goal per season, then how dare u say hes bad.

hes not an out an out striker like the Drogbas, Tonis, Villa and co. what people expect from him is what i dont understand
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
Rooney at age 16 and days ended Arsenals 30game unbeaten wearing Evertons shirt
Rooney scored in a hatrick in the 6-2 thriller against fernabache in his first UCL game
Rooney won the FA cup for United after scoring 2 goals for United. all the while, he was still UNDER 19!!!!

So when did that become a yardstick to measure anything? Scoring against Arsenal? Scoring in Champions league?
See this about Lars Ricken

"Ricken scored a memorable long distance goal in the Champions League final against Juventus Turin, momentarily propelling him to fame. The goal made Ricken the youngest & the fastest player ever to score in a Champions League final, just 16 seconds on the field as a substitute".

On this basis I can say lars Ricken is the best player the world has seen?

Which FA cup are you talking about . Pls clarify!!!!!

006-7 saw him playing 10 games without a goal and he came back with a hat trick against Bolton and subsequently he was the TOP ENGLISH GOAL SCORER IN THE PREMIERSHIP!!!!

Whom was he contending with ? Injured Michael owen, Paralympians like Jermain Defoe, Bent, Darius Vassel or which English striker of note could you be referring to?

Raul Gonzalez, Totti, C.Ronaldo, Del Piero, Frank Lampard, are what? Out and In strikers? Who is the main striker for Man Utd for the past 2 seasons after RvN?

The guy is a failure!!! Simple
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by akinalabi(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2008
Wayne is a player we cannot do without at Old Trafford.

The 5 matches we lost last season, he was not there. That is
an amazing statistics.

If he is a failure, we'll like more failures in our team.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2008
akinalabi:

Wayne is a player we cannot do without at Old Trafford.

an amazing statistics.

May God Bless You, Akin.

All i know is Wayne Rooney is more technically gifted than any Bayern Munich's striker.
Klose, Podolski and Ludicrous Toni have nuthing on Wazza.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2008
Klose highest goal scorer in his league once, 10 goals at world cup. Over 40 international goals for Germany. Wayne Rooney ________ Fill in the gap.

Podolski, Young player of the tournament 2006 world cup, 3 goals in 2008 Euro. 28 Int"l goals for Germany. Wayne Rooney ______ fill in the gap.

Luca Toni: highest goal scorer Italian Serie A 2006, Highest goal scorer 2008 german Bundesliga. 15 goals for NNational team. Wayne Rooney____ fill in the gap

@Akinalabi,
Last season Man Utd did not lose any game J.S park played that means he is better than/more important than C.Ronaldo who played in those losses? Huh
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

You are a big idiot.
How many times have u told us it's not about goal-scoring. . . . It's about setting up others to score.
Man Utd(after the exit of Van Nistelrooy) has been playing 4-6-0 so shut ur traps about Rooney this n that.
Wayne is more technically gifted than Toni, Podolski or Klose. . . . .any idiot can score goals.
Is Adebayor better than Van Persie?? Is Klose better than Drogba??
U need to start thinking before this STUPIDITY drowns u.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by vislabraye(m): 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2008
@ Jackal,
How could u in your wildest dream say Rooney is better than Fabregas?? Come on. That guy is over reated. Its not as if he is a bad striker though . But u cannot compare him to Berbatov, Messi or Ronaldo. You cant even compare with Owen at the same age. English press are fond of overhyping their players. Even adebayo is in better form than Rooney . I dont think the guy justifies the amount spent on him, Forget about being a fan of Man U or Arsenal. Rooney is not amongst the top five strikers in the league. I dont think he is amongst the top 20 players in perfomance.
The only English player i truly admire is Steven Gerrard
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2008
akinalabi:

an amazing statistics.

i'm sooooo confused,

who scored United's goal in the 2-1 loss to Chelsea?

or that is not part of the matches you lost?

i mean the one at stamford bridge
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2008
folahann:

i'm sooooo confused,
who scored United's goal in the 2-1 loss to Chelsea?
or that is not part of the matches you lost?
i mean the one at stamford bridge

Stop talking via ya ass. . . . .

Rooney equalised and was forced out of the pitch immediately after scoring his goal.
As at the time he was playing . . . . . .game was 1-1. United lost the game while he was OUT!!!

@ Vislabraye,

Adebayor is better than Rooney?? shocked shocked shocked
I won't even commend further. . . . .For u plastic fans, it's goal scoring.
For us Man Utd fans. . . .It's his work rate and ability to pave ways for his strike partners.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2008
after reviewing Jackal and TKB's post, i agree that Rooney is the best striker in the world

the dude is good, scorings hatricks and ending unbeaten runs

what else do you want from rooney after 93 goals

He shouold win the world's all-time best striker

good work! Rooney smiley
cool cool cool cool
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by davidif: 12:08am On Jun 26, 2008
this is soooooooooooooo on point. That's why they don't want to let Cristiano Ronaldo go because they would be finished.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by fellow(m): 12:39am On Jun 26, 2008
rooney ronney ronnie ro, whateva

i feel so sick when peeps like you alk about ronnie like some kinda GOD. Last season, tevez performed a lot more better than your brute of a striker.

it is just so simple

he's an over hyped english player who isnt even better than defoe. grin

you should be named a jackass JACKAL
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 26, 2008
fellow:

no be lie! cheesy
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 1:01am On Jun 26, 2008
fellow:

rooney ronney ronnie ro, whateva

i feel so sick when peeps like you alk about ronnie like some kind of GOD. Last season, tevez performed a lot more better than your brute of a striker.

it is just so simple

you should be named a jackass JACKAL

. . . . . And u should be named a CRETIN.
How can one write so much and makes no sense.
Rooney compared to Defoe . . . . and Rooney is overhyped cos he is English. . . .
So what is Defoe? Cameroonian?? You are a pillock.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by fellow(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2008
see i have no time to come up to nairaland and argue with peeps like you. Check your facts very well before you come up and state your views. plus learn to respect peoples views.

anyhow i wont even start comparing rooney with the likes of drogba, eto, klose, toni, not even a lucas podolski. rooney should be in the league of players like andy johnson, mc bride grin grin grin

if you cannot do without rooney at Old Trafford now then i must say during RVNs' era, ruud must have been worshipped by you OT fans.

my shite
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by akinalabi(m): 9:36am On Jun 26, 2008
@ dayokanu,

Come on mate. How can you bring JS Park into this?

How many matches did Park start for us to bring him into this
analogy.

And besides, I was talking about the matches he missed and
not the ones he played. Afterall, we didnt win all the matches
he played in.

But the ONES HE DID NOT PLAY IN, we lost. That means we
missed his contribution soo much. That shows he is invaluable
to us.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2008
he played some and you lost!!

Rank Man Utd players according to their importance this season.

Mine goes

C.Ronaldo,
Vidic,
Evra,
VDS,
Ferdinand,
Brown(credit to the miserly defence)
Scholes
Hargreaves
all these players would come before Rooney in their contribution.

France won the world cup. What was the contribution of Stephane Guivarch?
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by ritchboy(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2008
@akin
Ur still ignoring the fact that he STARTED and SCORED @ the bridge and utd LOST!!!
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2008
Rooney has not improved a single jot since he was 17.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by akinalabi(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ ritchboy,

I didn't ignore anything. Read what I wrote.

I said: "Afterall, we didnt win all the matches he played in"

@ dayokanu,

That is YOUR OWN ANALYSIS and I can bet with my new car grin that
you didn't watch up to half of Man Utd's matches I watched. How can
I reckon with your list?

@ Ibime,

Rooney has not improved a jot since 17? We must be talking about another
Rooney here.

I mean Man Utd's Wayne Rooney. Oko Coleen. cheesy

At 17, at Everton, he was averaging less than 10 goals a season. His last
season at Everton, he scored 9 goals in 40 appearances. The least he's
scored a season since joining Man Utd is 17 a season.

2006/2007 he scored 23 goals in 55 appearances. That is almost a goal
in 2 games.

And you said he has not improved a jot. shocked

Armchair analysis don't cut it with me. tongue
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2008
akinalabi:

@ ritchboy,

I didn't ignore anything. Read what I wrote.

I said: "Afterall, we didnt win all the matches he played in"

@ dayokanu,

That is YOUR OWN ANALYSIS and I can bet with my new car grin that
I reckon with your list?

@ Ibime,

Rooney has not improved a jot since 17? We must be talking about another
Rooney here.

I mean Man Utd's Wayne Rooney. Oko Coleen. cheesy

At 17, at Everton, he was averaging less than 10 goals a season. His last
season at Everton, he scored 9 goals in 40 appearances. The least he's
scored a season since joining Man Utd is 17 a season.

2006/2007 he scored 23 goals in 55 appearances. That is almost a goal
in 2 games.

And you said he has not improved a jot. shocked

Armchair analysis don't cut it with me. tongue

Akinalabi, please don't mind this buncha idiotic plastic fans.
How many of em really watch Man Utd's games week in week out. . . . Many of em depend on the myopic analysis of goal.com.
Blimey. . . .It's nauseating how anyone with an IQ of more than 10 can come out and say Rooney has not improved since 17.

A player that was plagued by career-wrecking injuries THRICE in one season and still managed to notch 12 league goals in 28 games is not a dud.
His 12 league goals was still higher than any player in the whole of Chelsea FC so should we conclude Chelsea's strikers are overrated?
Rooney is the most influencial player in Man Utd . . . I wld rather have him playing than Ronaldo any day of the week.
Lil wonder United's best away game in the past season was at Villa Park(where Rooney was a constant menace to a ramapant Villa).
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2008
That is YOUR OWN ANALYSIS and I can bet with my new car Grin that
I reckon with your list?

Can you rate Man Utd players this season per their performance and lets do a bit of logic here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The Striker Who Scored 0 Goal In 24 Years Across 9 Teams / Official: Mikel Joins Newcastle United / Nigerian Football Conmen Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.