Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Problem With Wayne Rooney! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Problem With Wayne Rooney! (4709 Views)

The True Problem With The National Team / Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi / 'big Difference' Between Wayne Rooney & Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi & Kaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

By performance. . . . .

Ronaldo
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Rooney
VDS
Carrick
Brown
Hargreaves
Carrick.

Rooney is 5th on the list because he had less games than the people ahead of him.
However, if the stats are based on his work-rate and the determination to succeed, he is better than Cristiano Ronaldo.
Moreover, if we are to base the performance on the last 3 seasons, Rooney wins by an astronomical mile.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2008
over the past 3 seasons, Ronaldo has scored more goals than him . Check the number of times Ronaldo has featured in PFA Team of the season, European and world footballer of the year, Man Utd player of the month and compare with that failure called Wayne Rooney.

How many games did Messi play this season? Then compare him to other Barca players and rank them.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Jackal(m): 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

It's not about goal-scoring, u pillock.
Ronaldo is the 1st choice penalty taker and the dead ball merchants. . . . all those stuffs tend to build his goal haul.
Besides, Ronaldo doesn't miss games but defenders would tell u they fear Wazza more than Cristiano Ronaldo.
Rooney is the focal point of Man United's attack. . . . go and watch Man Utd vs Liverpool game at OT(Rooney didn't score but won MOTM).
United's best performance this season in any game was the humiliation of Wenger at OT in Feb.(Ronaldo didn't feature).

Messi missed many games this season and it will be stupid of their fans to make him their player of the season.
Xavi, Iniesta, Bojan, Henry, Abidal and Yaya Toure should be ahead of Leo Messi on their list.
Performances and number of appearances are the factors put into consideration here.
In many games, Ronaldo goes missing and the team looks up to Rooney to conjure up a moment of brilliance.
Letz just say the way Ferguson has set Man Utd up does flatter Ronaldo more than Wazza.
This is why i think Ronaldo would struggle without the work-rates of Tevez and El Apache if he moves to Spain.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Akin Alabi and Jackal

one thing ive learnt is not to argue with those who cannot learn.
This thread came alive cos my friend David feels Rooney is shyte and we of course are out to say hes not shyte.
let them keep posting rubbish

@davidylan
wetin now? wetin Rooney do u?
Rooney has goals to his name. how many goals has Poldoski scored?(international+league games together)
what about RVP? count the number of goals theyve scored.

United will never be finished because one single player is leaving
Remember Stam, Bechkam,RVN. No player is bigger than United

how ur side?

@dayo
i cant remember saying Rooney is the best in the world.
learn to keep off innuendos when arguing intelligently
stick to issues raised prior, during and even after the discourse.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
@dayo
i can't remember saying Rooney is the best in the world.
learn to keep off innuendos when arguing intelligently
stick to issues raised prior, during and even after the discourse.

sO YOU HAVE TO BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD TO BE IN THE PFA TEAM OF THE SEASON?, LIKE ADEBAYOR AND ASHLEY YOUNG.

WHICH ISSUES HAVE YOU RAISED BACKED WITH FACTS THAT MAKE ROONEY A GOOD PLAYER NEVER MIND BETTER THAN PODOLSKI
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2008
akinalabi:

@ Ibime,

Rooney has not improved a jot since 17? We must be talking about another
Rooney here.

I mean Man Utd's Wayne Rooney. Oko Coleen. cheesy

At 17, at Everton, he was averaging less than 10 goals a season. His last
season at Everton, he scored 9 goals in 40 appearances. The least he's
scored a season since joining Man Utd is 17 a season.

2006/2007 he scored 23 goals in 55 appearances. That is almost a goal
in 2 games.

And you said he has not improved a jot. shocked

Armchair analysis don't cut it with me. tongue

What you fail to mention is that in his last season at Everton, he started 2/3 of his games from the bench. So your analysis holds no water. He even had problems with Dave Moyes because Moyes was trying to break him in slowly.

So . . . . . if he had started all Everton games he would be scoring the same 18-20 goals that he is scoring now. Plus he gets more chances laid on a plate for him at United. At Everton, he had to create his own chances. With better players around you, your output is supposed to improve.

I have witnesssed no improvement in his a.) dribbling b.) shooting c.) passing d.) left foot e.) heading f.) set pieces

Look at him in Euro 2004 and look at him now? Is there any noticable difference?

If anything he does not have the freedom of youth and sheer bloodymindedness and youthful exuberance he once had. Back then they called him the White Pele. Who would dare compare him to any top player now, talkless of Pele?

Can you compare him to the player who scored a hattrick on his debut against Fehnerbahce?

As far as I am concerned, Rooney is typical English and like Capello said, English players lack the humility to learn anything new. I even saw pictures of him chain-smoking on his holiday with Coleen. Which top player chain smokes?

Meanwhile guys like Ronaldo are growing from strength to strength, doing new things, being more effective etc.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2008
In 2004 rooney was probably the next big thing in Europe Much bigger than Messi, Ronaldo Kaka, podolski, Schweinsteiger and any other youngster.

Now he is far behind them even players like Theo Wallcott, Aaron lennon Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor who are all English have caught up with him despite the common knowledge that England lacks talent they still managed to have about 5 players better than him. Him progrssion reminds one of SWP.

In 2004 they refer to him as Rooneyaldo now they know better It would even be an insult to compare him to garba Lawal for Mr lawal would take offence to comparing him to such a failure.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by donkay(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2008
i stil dont hav my verdict abt Rooney yet! But i hate it wen i hear dat he's stil young? young at 23 ? a 23-yr guy can impregnate and d girl go born sextuplets ooo! grin grin grin! So, pls stop dat shit abt him been too young! Afterall, he's married now! How old is Pato, Messi, Fabregas, Podolski, Babel, even CR7! d only one older than Rooney here is CR7 and he's already a world-beater! d way he announced himsef on d big stage isn't bad anyway. I mean 3 goals in a tourney not meant for kiddies lik him & a hattrick on a debut (he even scored a freekick! ;Ddatz a rare feat peeps!) Letz just hop he wil get better,
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2008
and the ones you've mentioned
Pato,babel and Poldoski; how are they better?
how many goals has Poldi for instance scored since he started playing?
count it.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by doyin13(m): 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2008
Rooney no be my fave person for the world.

But as a footballer. . . . .I reckon he is still United's most important player.

Tevez did well last season, seemingly making Rooney somewhat expendable,
but it won't be the first time a player flames out in his second season.

Whether by talent or by sheer will, Rooney can impose himself on any team and he is
almost unstoppable. You only need remember the FA Cup match from two seasons ago
when he was the only United player to show up.

It is also not mere coincidence, all of the matches bar one United lost in the League last
season, Rooney was absent.

Don't sleep on this brother's talent oo, the English have a penchant for hyping up their
players, but Rooney is all wheat. . , . .No chaff at all
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Doyin13
thank u better person
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2008
Wheat with 14 international goals. Tell me how many strikers have that poor record on the international scene.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2008
donkay:

I mean 3 goals in a tourney not meant for kiddies lik him & a hattrick on a debut (he even scored a freekick! ;Ddatz a rare feat peeps!) Letz just hop he wil get better,

He will surely get better, that's what we have been hearing since when Rooney first kicked a soccer ball

The Rooney of 5 years ago is the Rooney of 3 yeears ago and the Rooney now

Leat's hope he gets better Okay
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by manu4laif: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2008
Is Wayne Rooney a good player ?
Yes!
Is he an important United player?
Yes.
Is he overated ?
Yes!

In terms of improvement Wayne Rooney SHOULD BE THE BEST PLAYER in the world right now if his form in 2003/04 is anything to go by. While he is a more mature player he has developed arithmetically while some of his peers have done so geometrically. My views. cool

WAN UNITED cool
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2008
Ibime:

As far as I am concerned, Rooney is typical English and like Capello said, English players lack the humility to learn anything new. I even saw pictures of him chain-smoking on his holiday with Coleen. Which top player chain smokes?

Maradona, Zidane, Cryuff and now Rooney so whats your point??
I have told u to leave footie analysis for real pundits and stick to barbing. grin cheesy
What has smoking gotta do with skills?? Socrates(Brazilian) and Fabien Barthez all smoked.

dayokanu:

In 2004 rooney was probably the next big thing in Europe Much bigger than Messi, Ronaldo Kaka, podolski, Schweinsteiger and any other youngster.

Now he is far behind them even players like Theo Wallcott, Aaron lennon Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor who are all English have caught up with him despite the common knowledge that England lacks talent they still managed to have about 5 players better than him. Him progrssion reminds one of SWP.

In 2004 they refer to him as Rooneyaldo now they know better It would even be an insult to compare him to garba Lawal for Mr lawal would take offence to comparing him to such a failure.

This analysis is by far idiotic.
Wayne Rooney is still the most talented English player and he is better than all the German strikers put together!!!!
He has scored mouth-watering goals against all top oppositions he has played against . . . a team player and the most important United player.
You can rant and curse but no German striker can match Rooney pound for pound.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hannibal:

Maradona, Zidane, Cryuff and now Rooney so whats your point??
I have told u to leave footie analysis for real pundits and stick to barbing. grin cheesy
What has smoking gotta do with skills?? Socrates(Brazilian) and Fabien Barthez all smoked.

In the 1980's players ran 5 km per game, now they are running 12 km per game easy. Please show us an example of a top modern footballer who smokes. Zidane, unlike Rooney played his game while barely running so smoking did not affect him.

folahann:

The Rooney of 5 years ago is the Rooney of 3 years ago and the Rooney now
Spot on!
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2008
Ibime:

In the 1980's players ran 5 km per game, now they are running 12 km per game easy. Please show us an example of a top modern footballer who smokes. Zidane, unlike Rooney played his game while barely running so smoking did not affect him.
Spot on!

Show us stats that say players in the 80s run 5Km per game compared to the 12Km per game now!!
Is this speculation or your own wet dreams??
David Ginola and Ted Sheringham were all chain smokers and they were very strong. . . . .Sheringham retired at 42!!!!! shocked grin
How many of today's players can match Maradona's strength??
The theory of " a player don't make a team" was put into shambles by Diego in 86 world cup.
He is still the only player in FOOTBALL HISTORY to have dragged a mediocre team to the world cup and he was a CHAIN-SMOKER.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 1:37am On Jul 05, 2008
Hannibal:

Show us stats that say players in the 80s run 5Km per game compared to the 12Km per game now!!
Is this speculation or your own wet dreams??
David Ginola and Ted Sheringham were all chain smokers and they were very strong. . . . .Sheringham retired at 42!!!!! shocked grin
How many of today's players can match Maradona's strength??
The theory of " a player don't make a team" was put into shambles by Diego in 86 world cup.
He is still the only player in FOOTBALL HISTORY to have dragged a mediocre team to the world cup and he was a CHAIN-SMOKER.

Well, not exactly 5km. I heard that from Tim Vickery from the BBC . . . . but I did a little research and it turns out that players back then did significantly less running than now . . . . and at slower speeds . . . .with more recovery time inbetween sprints . . . . players now are running 3 - 4 km more than back then.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4159/is_20021215/ai_n12669615

Show me a top player in 2008 who is chain smoking, don't tell me about old man Ginola who was unfit (ask George Graham).

BTW, funny you say Maradona was a chain smoker because I read his autobiography "El Diego" and there was no mention of it till the end of his playing career with Boca.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 2:05am On Jul 05, 2008
@ Ibime,

Don't even argue that with me.
Diego Maradona was a sick chain smoker.
His coke n heroin addiction was an open secret in Napoli.
U need to go and watch his DVD again and see him in nightclubs chain smoking anything in sight.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
This analysis is by far idiotic.
Wayne Rooney is still the most talented English player and he is better than all the German strikers put together!!!!
He has scored mouth-watering goals against all top oppositions he has played against . . . a team player and the most important United player.
You can rant and curse but no German striker can match Rooney pound for pound

Dont argue like a brainless drunkard Give us FACTS not Rooney Pound for Pound nonsense. Klose has over 40 international goals. Poldi has over 28 international goals Rooney has the same number of goals with Crouch,

Talented, Pound for Dollar or whatever, In Euro 2004 England played France, Portugal, Croatia and Switzerland. Rooney scored against the weaker 2 Switzerland and Croatia against France and Portugal your guess is as good as mine. I dare say Owen returns against top opposition would make Rooney look like an idiot.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 9:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
dayokanu:

Dont argue like a brainless drunkard Give us FACTS not Rooney Pound for Pound nonsense. Klose has over 40 international goals. Poldi has over 28 international goals Rooney has the same number of goals with Crouch,

Talented, Pound for Dollar or whatever, In Euro 2004 England played France, Portugal, Croatia and Switzerland. Rooney scored against the weaker 2 Switzerland and Croatia against France and Portugal your guess is as good as mine. I dare say Owen returns against top opposition would make Rooney look like an idiot.

U have come again with your moronic drivel. . . .
Dayo, when are u gonna argue like a well-rounded person in ur miserable life.
Goals does not make players but the impact they make in matches. . . . . Wazza has scored against top clubs in Europe . . .

If we are to go by your Klose has scored 40 goals reh reh reh. . . . .It means Kanu Nwankwo is wack compared to Agahowa.
Kanu has never scored in open play in the Nations cup but his contribution on the pitch is immense.
Rooney is like Kanu when it comes to playing his team-mates with numerous assists PLUS he scores good goals with it.

I am getting sick n tired arguing wiv you. . . . .U can never change!!!
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2008
Who does Rooney create the goals for in England? Owen?

Do you watch football at all? Rooney has been miserable for the past 3 years and everyone knows that. Given a purchase price of 30million Pounds like 5omillion Dollars 4 years ago. He is a monumental failure.

Rooney is creating the goals for Ronaldo, Vidic and VDS to score but he is exempted

What a Pipe!!!!!
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2008
isnt Poldi a Pipe?
how many league goals does he have?
why only inter.goals?

Poldi is on his way to Cologne!!!
the greatest of all Pipes!!
even Spurs were bidding for him. he of course will be palying alonside Kaboul, Robinson and his pipemates!!
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 11:03am On Jul 08, 2008
When was the last time any club bid for Rooney? Even shooting stars avoid him like a plague.

He is not good enough for any top team There are better ways of spending 30million than wasting it on such player. Poldi at the International stage has shown what he can do. In Bayern, he wasnt given the opportunity because of more accomplished rivals battling for the striking spot with him. When he played towards the end of the season, go and check his scoring records.

Cologne bids for Poldi? Did you hear of Juventus searching for him? http://www.seriea.tv/pubb_EN/news_ext.php?id=2070

Have you not heard of Man City bid for Ronaldinho?

and Zenit St petersburg bid for Messi

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=100458

Clubs bid for Good players Has anyone ever bid for Rooney in the last 4 years?

Real Madrid avoid Rooney, AC Milan does not bid for Rooney, derby County does not bid for him even Almeria does not want him Real Shitty player.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2008
hello ooo
is anybody bidding for Luca Toni?
is anybody bidding for RVN presently?
is anybody bidding for Ballack?
is anybody bidding for Tevez? what about essien, what about Vidic, what about Aguerro? and then Messi

cos nobody is bidding for these players and some others, it means they are not good enuff.
hehehehehehe. why will Cologne and Spurs be bidding for a Bayern player?

Zenith bidding for Messi? stop reading rubbish? how much is the bid worth?
u spew undiluted baloney everytime that i feel its worth u

why not Gronigen bidding for Messi?

why will Rooney leave Man U? did Maldini ever play anywhere apart from AC
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2008
tribal football article is ur source for Zenith bidding for Messi
hehehehehehehehehe. . .
orisirisi for NL
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2008
In the last 3 years, Milan Bayern and Inter bid for Luca Toni.
http://footballtransfer..com/2008/03/rumour-luca-toni-to-ac-milan.html

totalclubfootball.com/category/2008/03/ac-milan-wants-bayern-munich-striker-luca-toni/

In the last 3 years, Milan, Madrid and bayern bid for nistelrooy FACT!!!

In the last 3 years, Man Utd(Offered him captainship band), Chelsea and Madrid bid for Ballack FACT!!!

Essien is wanted by Mourinho at Inter and Real Madrid. FACT!!!

Aguerro wants to Join the Argentine contingent at Inter while Chelsea is reported to be interested

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17042008/4/chelsea-warned-aguero.html

Zenit bids for Messi See The links below

http://jp.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=757511

http://espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item82345/Zenit-want-Messi-+-US$32m-for-Arshavin/

www.extra-football.com/articles/zenit-want-messi-for-arshavin.html

Tell me the clubs that have bid for Rooney within this Period. Since 2005 and Give me links to the story
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2008
tribal football article is your source for Zenith bidding for Messi
hehehehehehehehehe. . .
orisirisi for Nairaland

That was too weak Try Harder!!! This is football not Financial Market this is my territory
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2008
@tkb417
You shouuld just go to another section or sleep

u've got no clue, accept that Rooney is crap there is no more to say

we know "out and in" is not making him score goals but midfielders score more

adebayor came all the way from Togo to meet him(Rooney) in the system and now the talk of town

I think Hull City shud just bid for Rooney to remove the shame of not wanted by any other club tongue
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Folahann
u chop frog? who u dey talk to? i sabi u from anywhere?

@dayo
Financial markets,sports, politics, and whatever u can think of are stuffs i can have a say on. . .
na sports be ur profession?
olodo
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2008
tkb417:

@Folahann
u chop frog? who u dey talk to? i sabi u from anywhere?

How you take know wetin i chop? but na toad no be frog

so u've accepted that Rooney is crap

8-goals a season striker of Manchester United
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

You are a big poof.

Rooney got injured THRICE last season which reduced him to 24 league starts and 28 league appearances.
He scored 12 goals(0.5 goal per game) and had the 3rd highest assist in the EPL.
If Rooney is making the assist, it means someone else is doing the scoring. . . . .Does that make Wazza wack??

@ Folahann,

Worry more about Van Persie who has never scored 12 league goals in his entire career.
Rooney is the most versatile, selfless striker in the EPL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The Striker Who Scored 0 Goal In 24 Years Across 9 Teams / Official: Mikel Joins Newcastle United / Nigerian Football Conmen Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.