Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

The Problem With Wayne Rooney! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Problem With Wayne Rooney! (4708 Views)

The True Problem With The National Team / Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi / 'big Difference' Between Wayne Rooney & Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi & Kaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by kayzoh(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2008
this is utter rubbish!it is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!the dude that posted this is a shylock,an absolute nutcase!!!!!!!!!in case u avnt noticed rooney is the reason england have hope,rooney is the reason united play the way they do, the truth which u have totally chosen to ignore is that there are not many players like wazza!if u dont like him go to hell and say hi to the devil,bt if u ask me he is a more than "your average british player",
i wonder what u club u support anyway,next time u av an opinion as stupid,ill-thought and dumb as this post,pls write it down in your diary,rather than waste space!, kapish?
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2008
Rooney is not crap. He is a good player. He was good at 17, he is good now. But he has not improved since he was 17 . . . . . he's supposed to be World Class by now.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2008
@dayo
stats to show u how Rooney is far better than Poldi

ROONEY
Individual Honours and awards
1) FA Premier League player of the Month (4): February 2005, december 2005, march 2006, November 2007
2) PFA team of the year 2005-06
3) Sir Matt Busby Player of the year 2005-06
4) FIFPro World Young Player if the year 2005
5) PFA Young Player of the year (2) 2005, 2006
6) PFA Fans’ Player of the year (premiership): 2006
7) Match of the Day’s Goal of the season: 2004-05, 2006-07
cool BBC Sports Personality of the year, Young personality: 2002
9) UEFA European Championship 2004; Team of the Tournament
10) Bravo award 2003

Out of 93 goals, Rooney has 12 in the UCL!!!!

POLDI

1) Gillette best Young Player: 2006 FIFA World Cup( First player ever to win the award)
2) Man of the match for his performance in germany’s victory against Cyprus
3) Man of the Match for his performance in Germany’s victory against Poland
4) UEFA EURO 2008; Midfielder of the tounament

Out of the 68 goals hes scored, he only has one(1) in the UCL. 5 in the milk cup(uefa)
and looking at the lean individual awards, 2 were man of the match awards against Cyprus and Poland!!!!
how shambolic!!!
now i know why cologne and spurs are the teams running after him
shame!!!
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2008
Now take a look at both records

how many of the awards did Rooney win in a competion they both played in

and how many did Poldoski win a same competiotions

Judge yourself after
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2008
What the Bleep is a Bravo award
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2008

1) Gillette best Young Player: 2006 FIFA World Cup( First player ever to win the award)

4) UEFA EURO 2008; Midfielder of the tounament

These 2 awards are far better than the combination of all Rooneys award.

Midfielder of the Tournament as against Matt Busby award, Bravo award, BBC sport person of the year , Boxer of the year etc

You self check am
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 10:07am On Jul 10, 2008
midfielder of the tournament is better than FiFpro young player of the year
ahhhh!!!! ure nor normal.
what tourney are we talking about here
UEFA CUP( milk cup)!!!! when better players are in the UCL

u sef check am
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2008
Poldi showed himself at the world cup and Euro cup which are the biggest stage and you are here talking about Bravo Cup.

Ronaldo de Lima for all his fame played mainly in the UEFA cup (milk cup) and winners cup. Did he ever win Matt Busby awards or Adedibu awards
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 10:27am On Jul 10, 2008
u didnt make any point!
try harder.

u asked me for stats and i brought the stats.
im sure we have some other awards apart from Bravo award

gerrout!!
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2008
OK

Podolski won the Munich meat sellers best player trophy.

Poldi won Alaba market trader player trophy in 2007

Poldi won Sttutgart's Okada riders wife association's trophy last year
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2008
make some sence

u wanted stats, i gave u stats
thats enoff to silence u
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by blackiliev: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2008
The Premier League as a whole isnt the best league in the world for starters!

Go to Croatia, Italy etc and believe meyou would watch goodgood footie, better yet come to P.H and you would watch sweet football, not the over-hyped,over priced waste that you glue your eyes to!

Rooney, well he is a little bit above average(Im biased cos I love what he embodies on the pitch-PURE RAW PASSION)

english players are rubbish, Rio Ferdinard should thank his stars he had the ', serbian, he will murder ya, ' Nemanja Vidic even not he would be as shitty as Nosworthy
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2008
croatia?
dynamo zagreb and others cannot beat Enyimba
what are u talking about?
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2008
tkb417:

croatia?
dynamo zagreb and others cannot beat Enyimba
what are u talking about?

Stop debating with poof Dayokanu. . . .

If he thinks Podolski is better than Wayne Rooney because Podolski has scored more then he is an idiot!!!!
By his postulation, Agahowa is a better player than Kanu Nwankwo.
With the number of half-baked graduates around these days, i am not surprised Dayo lacks cognitive reasoning.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by tkb417(m): 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2008
Rooney has more goals than Poldi so i dont understand what they are trying to say
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by folahann(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2008
Rooney is actually a better team player

for a striker to have one of the most assists in premier league is incredible

but Roney is a striker(Man Utd for that matter) ; he needs to score more goals

being the highest goal scorer just for one competition is okay
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2008
United's set-up flatters Ronaldo so much. . . . .
Rooney and Tevez covers the mileage for him. . . . . They are 2 selfless players who don't really bovver about personal glory.
2 pit-bulls playing for the team rather than themselves is the only reason Ronaldo got so many goals. . . .

Wayne Rooney is United's most important player.
I wld rather have Ronaldo out than Wazza. . . . . He is powerful with a fantastic football brain.
There's no team in the world Rooney cannot impose himself on. . . .
Podo what??
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2008
Come on, Rooney is ten times better than Podolski, although as I said before he has not improved at all since he was 17.

But Jackal, you are crazy if you would rather have Ronaldo out than Wazza. Ronaldo is the only reason you guys are competing for EPL talkless of winning it. I would sell half the Chelsea squad for Ronaldo.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2008
Cristiano Ronaldo is the only reason why United competes for the Premiership??
Who the Arrow is Ronaldo without 2 PIT BULLS doing the mileage for him. . . . Let him go to Madrid and letz see who would hustle for him.
Without tireless workers like Tev and Roo. . . . .defence-splitting passes of Carrick and Anderson, Ronaldo wld be a nobody.

I saw some of the games Ronaldo didn't play last season(Villa Park and OT against Arsenal). . . .
Rooney was magnificent. . . . Balls got to em quicker from the wings and from the midfield via Carrick and Anderson.
United has never been a one-man team. . . . . .Should he leave, Nani would replace him perfectly.

Free-kicks?? Hargreaves has better ratio so whats the biggie?
Lest i forget, you are crazy for thinking Ronaldo makes Man Utd tick.
I heard the same thing about RUUD when he was leaving BUT since he left. . . . we have fared better. 2 EPL and 1 UCL.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Ibime(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2008
Keep kidding yourself. Maybe his recent qwatar with you guys is clouding your judgement. You only have to look at the three games he was suspended at the start of last season to know what life will be like without Ronaldo. Go ahead, sell him . . . we will throw a party at The Bridge.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Hannibal: 12:32am On Jul 13, 2008
Ibime:

Keep kidding yourself. Maybe his recent qwatar with you guys is clouding your judgement. You only have to look at the three games he was suspended at the start of last season to know what life will be like without Ronaldo. Go ahead, sell him . . . we will throw a party at The Bridge.

You shot yourself in the foot, hombre!!!

Those 1st 3 games had no Rooney and Saha as well so go FIGURE.
United will cope with or without Ronaldo. . . . .Nani has come of age.
He is not quite the same level as Cristiano but he is better than Cristiano was in 2003-4. cool cool
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2008
ROONEYYYYY best player in the world shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by keba(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2008
WAYNE ROONEY IS A SPOILT BRAT. HE'S GOT AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM.
HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF A BOXER grin grin grin
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 4:30am On Aug 21, 2008
Did anyone notice Rooney on the field today? Man Utd guys would say he was laying back for Ronaldo, whom was he laying back for in the English set up.

Compare his ratio to Peter Crouch
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 21, 2008
Wayne Rooney is not the star Man U fans and English folks would want us to think. He's carried by a talented Man U frontline, on his own he just isnt good enough. Too much hype too soon.
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dudubobo1: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2008
davidylan:

Wayne Rooney is not the star Manchester United fans and English folks would want us to think. He's carried by a talented Manchester United frontline, on his own he just isnt good enough. Too much hype too soon.

Exactly!!!
He is an English star in a country where there is an obvious dearth of real stars
Re: The Problem With Wayne Rooney! by dayokanu(m): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2008
The guy is just an over hyped idiot.

In the last 4 years from September 2004 till now he has 5 goals for the national team
Within the same time frame, consider the number of games this guys played

Jermaine Defoe 5 goals
Peter Crouch 14 goals
Michael Owen 13 goals despite his injuries.
The much maligned Frank Lampard 9 goals
Steven Gerrard 9 goals
John Terry(A defender) 4 goals

Comparing to other international stars of similar ages within the same time frame
Cristiano Ronaldo 19 goals
Lukas Podolski 28 goals
Lionel Messi 9 goals
Karim Benzema who was capped just last year 4 goals

The guy is woeful to say the least

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Soldiers To Face Court Martial Over Kidnap Of Mikel Obi’s Father / Meet The Striker Who Scored 0 Goal In 24 Years Across 9 Teams / Official: Mikel Joins Newcastle United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.