Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event (25303 Views)

Aisha Buhari Welcomes Her Husband To Aso Rock After Visiting Troops In Borno.PIC / Babachir Lawal And Ayodele Oke Leaving Aso Rock After Suspension (Photos) / Garba Shehu Rules Out Buhari Breaking Fast With Saraki, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by Episteme2(m): 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
The occasion of Nigeria’s 55th Independence Anniversary finally provided an opportunity for the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja.

There had been reports in the media suggesting that Buhari has frustrated all efforts by Saraki to see him following the manner the latter emerged as Senate President against entrenched interests in the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Joined by the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara and the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, the leaders preceded to the President’s office for small talks after sharing light refreshments at the venue of the independence ceremony.

In a brief chat with newsmen after the meeting, Saraki spoke of Nigeria after 55 years of independence, saying “I am hopeful and confident that the future is very bright. In the next few years, things will be even better.

“It will not be business as usual. We will ensure that the National Assembly will be people-oriented and will make laws that will make impact on Nigerians.”

On his part, the Chief Justice simply said, “We will make it by the grace of God. We are on the right path.”

Meanwhile, the one-and-half-hour Independence Anniversary event took place at the forecourt of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, decorated in green and white colours and featured the ceremonial Presidential Change of Guards Parade.

The parade was mounted by officers and men of the 177 Battalion and 7 Battalion of the Presidential Guards Brigade, Abuja.

Other features of the colourful event included inspection of new guard/quarter guard; silent drill; posting of sentries; colour/flags patrol; 21-gun salute and echelon reporting of parade, among others.

There were also foot and arms drill, rhythmic march steps, and inspection by parade commander of the soldiers’ weapons to ensure they were battle ready.

At the end of the parade, President Buhari signed the independence anniversary register and released white pigeons to signify peace.

He was accompanied in carrying this out by a few of the dignitaries present, including the Service Chiefs; Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase; and former leaders.

Among other dignitaries at the event were former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd), and erstwhile Head of the defunct Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan.

Former Vice-President, Alex Ekwueme; Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, and former Chiefs of General Staff, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe and Lt. Gen. Oladipo Diya (rtd); and former Senate President, Joseph Wayas, attended the ceremony.

There were also National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Oyegun; APC governorship candidate in Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva; former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babagana Kingibe; former IGP, Tafa Balogun; and members of the diplomatic corps.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/01/buhari-holds-talks-with-saraki-others-in-aso-rock-after-independence-event/
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by INTROVERT(f): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
grin sauce

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by Episteme2(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
INTROVERT:
grin sauce
Dailypost. See the bottom of the post.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by pushtani(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
hmm,,lets see what peopl would say

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by sammyj: 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
Saraki's faith lies in the hand of God and CCT and not in the hand of PMB who said any body shouldn't be afraid of him if he or she doesn't have skeleton in their coboard angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by fleshbone(m): 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
let's hope for a better Nigeria! Amin.
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by Mogidi: 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Where's Tinubu?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by arewamobile: 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
to toh!!

Make i c

if i can book a space

here!!!
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by RedCard1(m): 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
Mogidi:
Where's Tinubu?
I heard from a reliable source that he's busy mourning his injuries over Fashola's ministerial nomination. I like him (Tinubu) though

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by Episteme2(m): 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Let them mend fences and work together for a better Nigeria. What holds us together is stronger than what divides us. These external forces instigating the face-off between the arms of govt don't mean well for the masses. We, the masses don't gain anything from these power tussle.
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by itycyril: 12:41am On Oct 02, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by kamair237(m): 2:06am On Oct 02, 2015
letz forgive SaRaKi and accept him back....

Bcus Our father PMB has 4given him....

he ain't worth d hate...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by lurther: 2:53am On Oct 02, 2015
Lol!!!

He is no longer corrupt? He is no longer a thief?
kamair237:

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by ifyan(m): 3:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Does that are dying upon politicians head una see una life

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by seunmsg(m): 3:29am On Oct 02, 2015
kamair237:

He doesn't need anybody's forgiveness. All he needs to do is defend himself of all the allegations levelled against him before the code of conduct tribunal. Once the CCT clears him, that's all about the matter.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by wwwkaycom(m): 3:35am On Oct 02, 2015
Episteme2:
Let them mend fences and work together for a better Nigeria. What holds us together is stronger than what divides us. These external forces instigating the face-off between the arms of govt don't mean well for the masses. We, the masses don't gain anything from these power tussle.
so he shouldn't defend himself bro? So the case at the CCT should be swept under the carpet? We are talking about transparency in national life here, I believe Saraki should clear his name once and finally else this issue will hunt his political career forever

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by khassy(m): 3:56am On Oct 02, 2015
I can't seem to find any SAUCE

BTW today's my mums birthday

can I get some likes crycrycry

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by omenka(m): 4:18am On Oct 02, 2015
seunmsg:

He doesn't need anybody's forgiveness. All he needs to do is defend himself of all the allegations levelled against him before the code of conduct tribunal. Once the CCT clears him, that's all about the matter.
Abi oo!!
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by basty: 5:08am On Oct 02, 2015
Episteme2:

Good talk

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by onismate: 5:21am On Oct 02, 2015
They didn't talk about Saraki's CCT case. They only talked about the refreshments iya basira gave, the Amala and ewedu and how they enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by haconjy(m): 5:50am On Oct 02, 2015
hummm....I small dog
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by cyberguy72(m): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2015
seunmsg:

Wot bout TINUBU and AMAECHI

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by bayocanny: 6:56am On Oct 02, 2015
khassy:
I can't seem to find any SAUCE

BTW today's my mums birthday
can I get some likes crycrycry
Ogbeni stop begging for likes on NL for your mom Better tell her to come receive it by herself

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by Dannyset(m): 7:00am On Oct 02, 2015
We only analyse what we see outside or what all these media and half-baked bloggers tell us. A Lot of things happen behind the scene that we don't know. for example, dis same news. How are we even sure it's true or not? Politicians are smarter than the media, and they themselves determine what we analyse. The best thing is, they are the one that can unravelled each other.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by khassy(m): 7:02am On Oct 02, 2015
bayocanny:

Ogbeni stop begging for likes on NL for your mom
Better tell her to come receive it by herself

so she'll see all this 10,12 ,100 list and divorce my dad... I think I'll pass undecidedundecided
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by richard04(m): 7:17am On Oct 02, 2015
I c undecided

Btw, check my signature
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by IamPatriotic(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2015
Saraki paid the wrong people for his PR, this Daily Trust is too predictable to be a print media, they should just close up their outfit and move permanently to social networking sites, see headlines, full of fact distortion and unpardonable gaffe.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by frankyychiji(f): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2015
sammyj:
ok
just ok? I thought you would have said, " this still won't stop Saraki from going to jail". grin
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by frankyychiji(f): 9:20am On Oct 02, 2015
Mogidi:
Where's Tinubu?
Keeping the gate! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by frankyychiji(f): 9:23am On Oct 02, 2015
kamair237:
shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin. Smart guy, you have this feeling that Tinubu can't finish what he started abii? Or is Saraki no longer a thief? grin
Re: Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event by sammyj: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2015
Ok oooooo. .. grin grin
frankyychiji:
just ok? I thought you would have said, " this still won't stop Saraki from going to jail". grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Will Sack Buhari In 2019 -bode George / Iara Oshiomhole At Edo Children's Christmas Party / Osinbajo, NASS Set For Showdown Over Vp's Refusal To Sign 4 Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.