Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. (17523 Views)

N400m Fraud: Metuh Writes DSS To Allow Dasuki To Testify As Witness / N400m Fraud: Metuh ‘cooked Up’ Allegations To Frustrate Trial —EFCC. / Buhari Reinstates Retired Army General Implicated In Alleged Mass Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Ideyontop: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Opinedecandid(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
Wuru yuruba
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by kelvyn7: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nigerian poliTRICKS for u grin

if u just do gragra, dem go just open ur hansh, unveil the matter wey u don forget teytey cheesy
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by omojeesu(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
free2ryhme:
Many of the rich people in Nigeria except a few hardworking ones made their money through dubious transactions. Therefore this story is not so strange. What bothers me is how people now use EFCC to settle personal scores. It is also funny that the so called SHL waited till this time to start making its case. Why EFCC and not court? My advice for EFCC is to avoid playing to the gallery and keep off from this roforofo fight.There are more important assignments for it to do for Nigerians. My reasoning is that SHL is coming out at this stage because of the vacant stool in Ile-ife. Who knows, it may just be a case of the weaker of two scammers shouting for help.

EFCC shouldn't keep off. But won't even keep off for the reasons we all know!
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by kolafolabi(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is obviously an act to spoil the man's name. Nigerians are watching.

2 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by alphanijaexport(f): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
Na so e dey be for here. He get other contestants now..

1 Like

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Godsonkemz(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
Victim of political witchhunt

2 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
is the ooni title that juicy?
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by noblegrex: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
Is EFCC also doing investigation on family matters as regard landed properties?
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Singingbae(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Kwaraption everywhere..... Study has shown it that in every 100 nigeria, u see 99 nigerians Kwarapt
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
free2ryhme:
If this story is true and if the story represents the manner of Ogunwusi, I strongly believe that Ogunwusi is the most qualify for the throne of Ooni. This was exactly the manner of the former occupant of the throne. Sijuwade was a land grabber, trouble maker and very corrupt to the teeth and grave. We cannot easily forget the how much he collected from IBB, Abacha, GEJ, etc and the ignoble role he played during any elections in Nigeria (including June 12, May 2015, etc). He was the Paramount Traditional Ruler of Corruption and all corrupt politicians in Nigeria were given one chieftancy title or the other including those titles that never existed and never make any senses.

Sijuwade was one of those few that destroyed Nigeria! The second part part of the Ife-Ibadan road is one of the corrupt legacies he left behind.
The first half which was constructed about 30years earlier is still 1000 times better that what this dead thief constructed. That road kills everyday and it mighty have even killed (since it was constructed) more than the Boko Haram menace.

He was qualified as a typical case study of the Biblical rich fool!

The other day and shortly before his demise I drove behind him on the said road from the Ibadan end - you needed to see how frequently the RollsRoyce in which he was traveling pulled the breaks at the approach of the numerous dangerous potholes that littered the road. Sometime back some fellow wanted me skinned alive for daring to say that considering his interests in RCC he ought to have put his considerable influence to work with a view to ensuring that a better job was done. Corrupt tendencies put paid to that and secured a legacy to his name not enviable.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Urine: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sanchez01:
I'm really tempted to say this it's either Tinubu's or Obasanjo's handiwork. Tinubu's signature in dealing with someone is sudden criminal case being visited.

The tradition of the Yoruba race is fast disappearing, all thanks to petty politics, sheer greed and selfish interest. The unseen hands actively functioning behind the curtain of the Oba selection drama would rubbish the significance of the Ooni title. It did before with the Late Oba Sijuade. I once witnessed first hand disrespect of the Ooni by a popular Indigenous artiste who is a product and an icon of the music department of OAU (I'm sure some know who I'm referring to already). Aregbesola's impunity comes to mind. I don't blame them though since the late Oba disgraced the power of the crown to a certain degree.

I was in Ife two weeks ago and it was funny to know that one of the candidates to the throne bought power transformers for members of several communities just because he wants to get there at all cost.

These people and their political godfathers should let tradition play out in installing a king. Ile Ife is far ancient and bigger for petty politics to reign supreme. Let the "Afobajes' and those responsible for choosing a king do it the traditional way. Ile-Ife may become a relic rather than significant historical city.

I really don't know where to start, my father (God bless his soul) used to say we create heroes and villains in our minds. Your statement has proven him right, when did we become so powerless and cowardly that once anything goes wrong the first thing we do is look for who to blame? When did we turn to a generation of being scared of taking responsibility for our actions?

Throughout your comment you didn't mention the possibility of the young man been guilty? Are you saying you're 100% sure of his innocence? If you don't engage in anything fraudulent, will a million Tinubus be able to go against you?

Let's agree with what you have said for a second, Tinubu or Obasanjo are responsible for an adult allegedly committing a crime to stop him from being Ooni. Do you think getting to the top is a walk in the park? People will throw all types of slings at you, if you overcome you are worthy, if you don't the world forgets about you. Getting to the top is a battle, staying at the top is a war. It's not meant for Lilly livered people.

1 Like

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by tosenbaba(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
To get to the top is not n never an easy ride. If the issue has long being settled years ago b4 the Oonis death,Y now that he's dead that this allegations came out. Obviously there is someone somewhere who knew about this and waited years till d Obas death b4 digging out buried issues or bad belle. It's a 9ja tin,we all know what happened to our present President when he was sure of winning, so am not surprised,this Man is likely to become the next ooni but as usual somebody somewhere is not happy.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
Forgery and impersonation. If the allegations are true (although confirmed to be true by Prof G. Adewoyin' s chamber), then this man would be cooling off in jail for some time.

"In a letter with reference CR:3000/LS/EGC-1/VOL. 6/409 and dated September 17, 2015, the EFCC asked the legal firm of Olawoyin & Olawoyin to confirm if the agreement allegedly submitted by Metropole for the building permits was prepared by the firm.

The EFCC’s letter was signed by one Abubakar R. Madaki on behalf of the Head of Operations, and stated that the request was made pursuant to Section 38 (1) (2) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act, 2004; and Section 21 of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2012.

While responding to the EFCC request, Olawoyin & Olawoyin stated in a letter dated September 23, 2015, “We wish to state that the agreement (a copy of which was attached to your letter under reference) was NOT prepared by our firm. We have taken the liberty to attach to this letter a copy of the actual document that was prepared by our firm and draw your attention to the following differing aspects of the agreement:

(a) The front page of the agreement attached to your letter contains Metropole Interproject Limited as a party to the agreement of sale, while in the actual document prepared by our firm, Metropole Interproject Limited is not a party.

(b) The signature on the front page of the actual document prepared by our firm is that of the undersigned, Prof. Gabriel Olawoyin, SAN, while the signature attached to the front page of the document attached to your letter is NOT that of Prof. Gabriel Olawoyin.

(c) Page 1 of the agreement prepared by our firm does NOT make any reference to Metropole Interproject Limited, while the document attached to your letter makes reference to Metropole Interproject Limited.”

Interestingly, prof olawoyin is from the same ruling house as this man.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by vicoloni(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
Why is this story coming out now? Obviously this is just a smear campaign and it goes to show that this prince has the upper hand in the contest so far because he has been the most vilified.

NB: I know him personally like the back of my palm. He is not a saint but he didn't do that shit!
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by gingerbeb: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
shey ooni(crocodile) or ooni(king).i can just say'u also vote 4 changd.kachico
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Bondesniger(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
Any big contender will always get goverment dogs backing
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by macof(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
Petty Politics.

So this deal was struck when Ibrahim Babangida was the President? since then we have had Shonekan,Abacha,Abdusalaham,Obj,Otueke GEJ and it was in Buhari's time 20 plus Years later they are filing a suit? wonderful.

I am not Yoruba, so don't know how the King-ship thing works.

But, the Kingmakers should take into cognizance, the dirty play being employed by a few of those interested in the Stool here. It is times, like this that i tend to believe the Benin Version of who came from whom.

The process of choosing the next Benin King is straight forward, and the Yoruba's should borrow a leaf from them. You don't read or hear about Benin Prince's stabbing themselves in the back in the tabloids, just because they want the PIE called Oba-ship.

At the end of the day.

It is the Traditional Stool that loses all the respects,it should have been accorded.

if the prince is involved in shady business then he cannot be Oba in Yoruba land, doesn't matter if it is revealed by other princes or not

the "straight forward " way used to be employed by the Yoruba...that tradition caused lots of bad blood
and Benin princes stab themselves in back you know and even worse kill each other... take a glance at any work on past Benin obas..call it traditional politics

1 Like

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by macof(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmanuel596:
Please what's even soo special about being an onii
When did thrones started being sold instead of inherited
Why is it taking much time,grudges,blood shed,blackmial and other dubious and diabolic means to select 1 king that will still cm and embezzle funds and still make blood sacrifices
Are the GODS now as slow and old as PMB that he can't pick a worthy king for over 1 month now?(i dont know if those gods still function)
Anyway as for this guy don't worry witch hunters will soon come for you am watching and following you story
you still haven't made any sense
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by emmanuel596(m): 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
macof:
you still haven't made any sense

It's very difficult for dumb people to cope and catch up with education I feel your pain bro
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by macof(m): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmanuel596:

It's very difficult for dumb people to cope and catch up with education I feel your pain bro
yes, I'm pained that you are such an idiotic fool unable to catch up with education ....idiotic enough to make this statement
Are the GODS now as slow and old as PMB that he can't pick a worthy king for over 1 month now ?(i
dont know if those gods still function)
Anyway as for this guy don't worry witch hunters will soon come for you am watching and following you
story
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by M16: 11:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
decenth00kup:
Kk

You this 419. Are you still here duping and scamming people?
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by sparkleboy(m): 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is very funny. Since this years? This should be a walk over for the defendants counsel. They should just plead laches and Acquiscience.
Bringing such case after 23 years. So funny

InfAct I'm sure this suit will probably be statute barred, as per statute of limitation as far as they can proof the absence of concealed fraud. D; d;
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 03, 2015
sparkleboy:
This is very funny. Since this years? This should be a walk over for the defendants counsel. They should just plead laches and Acquiscience.
Bringing such case after 23 years. So funny

InfAct I'm sure this suit will probably be statute barred, as per statute of limitation as far as they can proof the absence of concealed fraud. D; d;
The law. I hope the prince has set aside plenty money for legal fees as he is up against heavy weights (Jacobs(SAN) + Olawoyin (SAN)). Lawyers must wack.

This guy's case is more like the yoruba proverbial saying " kokoro ti oun je efo ".

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
I hope ife people no go enter one chance.

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by macof(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Saxywale to be honest Obaship in Yorubaland is now a joke. No wonder people no longer respect " Obas" they are all show. ..they don't represent their people, nor the Identity of the ancient kingdoms

What do you expect when as princes they aren't trained in the traditional way

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment / Breaking News: Serious Fighting Along Nasarawa Eggon-lafia. Many Dead? / Chris Adighije's 74th Birthday Party: Orji Kalu, Umahi Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.