Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

The President's Speech Writers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President's Speech Writers. (1059 Views)

The Northern President Speech Shows His Deep Hatred For Igbos / Most Radio Stations Refuse To Broadcast President’s Speech / Video: Ohaneze President's Speech At Chatham House- 'IPOB Proscription Unlawful' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President's Speech Writers. by INTROVERT(f): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2015
I wish to draw Nairalanders to the presidents speech yesterday in which he claimed that Nigeria is Ninth (9th) in the world in terms of population as this is wrong. Nigeria is Seventh (7th) in the world using data and statistics from at least last year as research have shown that some of the statistics used for the independence speech are as old as 2007.

I do not in anyway blame GMB as even OBAMA dosent write his own speeches, however on such great occasions as independence, it behooves of the presidency to present data that presents the true picture of Nigeria in order not to make Nigeria a further laughing stock.

I hereby call for a sack of his speech writers.

No wonder he presented to an almost empty hall at the United Nations.

Feel free to do your research.

Correct me if am RIGHT
CC tonyebarcanista lalasticlala Omenka severusnape

source: political platform raypower 100. 5 Abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The President's Speech Writers. by tolexy007(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: The President's Speech Writers. by adedayourt(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2015
7th
9th

still desnt remove the N frn nigeria undecided

gud observation dou, judt felt der are more PRESSING ISSUES

1 Like

Re: The President's Speech Writers. by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 02, 2015
Ok
Re: The President's Speech Writers. by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 02, 2015
[Post Retracted]
Re: The President's Speech Writers. by belamour(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
I wish to draw Nairalanders to the presidents speech yesterday in which he claimed that Nigeria is Ninth (9th) in the world in terms of population as this is wrong. Nigeria is Seventh (7th) in the world using data and statistics from at least last year as research have shown that some of the statistics used for the independence speech are as old as 2007.

I do not in anyway blame GMB as even OBAMA dosent write his own speeches, however on such great occasions as independence, it behooves of the presidency to present data that presents the true picture of Nigeria in order not to make Nigeria a further laughing stock.

I hereby call for a [b]sack of his speech writers

No wonder he presented to an almost empty hall at the United Nations.

Feel free to do your research. [/b]

Correct me if am RIGHT
CC tonyebarcanista lalasticlala Omenka severusnape

source: political platform raypower 100. 5 Abuja

Fine it was a mistake but does the speech writer deserve to be sack

1 Like

Re: The President's Speech Writers. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2015
@Introvert:
The president's termed 9th most populous is not wrong. The last census was held in 2006. Between then and now no census has been held. All the statistics from UN and other sources are more of 'projections' but not based on scientific research. Even the president's '9th' is still projection but again he wasn't entirely wrong because he can only work with assumed/projected figure in absence of factual one.

Thanks Darling!

3 Likes

Re: The President's Speech Writers. by tolustx(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Introvert, pls remember to celebrate ur 5000th post on NL. Ok?

1 Like

Re: The President's Speech Writers. by Infogeek(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2015
I thought i was the only one that noticed that.
Re: The President's Speech Writers. by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@Introvert:
The president's termed 9th most populous is not wrong. The last census was held in 2006. Between then and now no census has been held. All the statistics from UN and other sources are more of 'projections' but not based on scientific research. Even the president's '9th' is still projection but again he wasn't entirely wrong because he can only work with assumed/projected figure in absence of factual one.

Thanks Darling!

You cant keep using 2006 estimates, since they are estimates you run the calculation of projected growth and use it.
Why dont we say Nigeria is a country of 160 million anymore?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senate Ethics Committee Speaks On Amaechi's Screening / PHOTOS: Babcock University Makes History, Performs First Open Heart Surgery / Osinbajo In Guinea Republic To Represent PMB 4 Guinea President Swearing-In(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.