Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters (4046 Views)

IPOB Rejects Arewa Youths’ Quit Notice Withdrawal, Asks All Igbos To Return / Hausa Audio: Kill All Igbos In North From October 1. Don't Touch Yorubas - Deji / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by PAINGAIN: 6:35am On Oct 03, 2015
alcatraz002:

I beg to differ bro, 1st of all I don't think Most/All Nairalanders are kids or unemployed graduates. I am an ardent member of this forum and I am gainfully employed and even a professional in my field. I have my reservations about igbos and I am sure millions of other Yorubas have their issue with igbos too.

I have work in an office where I have Igbo colleagues and we relate professionally but that doesn't mean we don't hold grudges against each others' tribes deep down our hearts. The cooperation you see real time is just pretence and an attempt at National Unity or political correctness.

Yorubas would have been able to compromise and vote Rocha's Okorocha ( I love Rochas as a politician of Igbo extraction due to being detribalised) but the recent happenings in the Political arena of Nigeria and the hate being peddled online (Believe me when I say Nairaland and other Online platforms are radicalizing mostly Yoruba's) has ruined any chances of political cooperation between these 2 tribes.

Igbos lost the commissioner seat in the Lagos cabinet due to the realisation of majority of Yorubas that the igbos hated us. The igbos have always hated Yorubas since after the Civil War but the Yorubas never knew or suspected until the igbos got really close to the Presidency via Good luck Jonathan's ascendancy to the Office of President which gave the igbos the opportunity to show their deep seated hate for Yoruba. The latest development now is that the Yorubas now know you hate them and also wish to take over their most developed state (Lagos) and are now planning to protect themselves and interests. Now tell me brother, do you think the Yorubas will be foolish enough to vote for an Igbo President when they are now aware of the hate igbos have for them?

The foregoing my brother is the fact of the issue as far as Nigeria/igbo-Yoruba relations are concerned. Anybody that tells you anything contrary to the above is deceiving you.
I don't totally agree with u. I think the guy u replied is correct. I never knew or saw any kind of hatred between igbos and yorubas until I came onto nairaland's politics section. I think u took what u saw/experienced online to the real world.i live in south Africa and I have many yoruba friends, one of them is even in nigeria now and yesterday he travelled all d way from lagos to anambra to see my mum.i have also visited his people. So d thing is I never take what people write online to d real world. Though we fight online and stuff but d truth is I've never had any problems with a yoruba person. Online is different from offline. Never mix both together.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by PAINGAIN: 7:04am On Oct 03, 2015
ayokellany:

The above is the reason why no Igbo should be the president of Nigeria not why they do not deserve it. Unending lamentation, In what part of the world is politics not about deceit Which part of the world is greed evitable ?

Lamentations such as this led Ironsi to orchestrate the first coup, it is also the reason Ojukwu went to war. How was Obasanjo able to become a president n how did Jonathan secure his own ticket after the death of Yardua ? Igbos can wait till eternity if wailing is what most of you think would earn you votes. If you are expecting to have the presidency dropped on your table simply because it's your turn sorry is all your name from the first to the last.
u guys talk as if an igbo man becomes president then our problems are over. The north have had many presidents but we all know haw far with the common northerner. Likewise obj and d yorubas. Answer this question pls, when obj was president how did it change ur life?

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Yeske2(m): 7:47am On Oct 03, 2015
The Igbos won't rule this country anytime soon for two reasons.
1) The Igbos had never voted their own since the return of democracy, Igbos voted OBJ against Ojukwu, voted Yar'adua/GEJ against PMB/Okadigbo, how many Igbos even knew their was an Igbo presidential candidate in the last election?
If you don't trust yourself to lead, who will.
2) With the hatred being preached by most online and offline Igbos, how do expect trust from others. We always pride ourselves as different when we are only digging our political grave.
Saraki isn't Igbo but the Igbos took his case like no other, Dieziani arrested and the Igbos crying of witch hunt.
The Igbos will always want to be on the other side of the fence no matter how unreasonable that decision is and this was amplified after the loss of GEJ at the polls.
As if the Ijaws even give a damn about an Igbo presidency

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by abagoro(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Very Simple Rochas Has a Strong following in the north than any current Igbo candidate Alive, If Rochas can strike an accord with SW gurus e.g Tinubu,OBJ and also gain 90% votes in South South I think it's feasible..

But,
1) I'm not too sure if SouthSouth will give an Igbo President the kind of support we gave them in 2015,
2) Lol I don't know if the Yorubas will trust an Igbo President.. (Tho the hatred might just be online tho)

well it all depends...My opinion tho

The truth is that Buhari will continue 2019 unless he voluntarily opts out. Yorubas don't hate Igbos at all but we are competitors in all aspects of positive achievements. Only the stupiid ones view competition as hate. Yorubas and other Nigerians will support a detribalised Igbo man for President.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by abagoro(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2015
PAINGAIN:
u guys talk as if an igbo man becomes president then our problems are over. The north have had many presidents but we all know haw far with the common northerner. Likewise obj and d yorubas. Answer this question pls, when obj was president how did it change ur life?

I got gsm.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2015
brize:
@Op PDP is not an igbo party we only supported Jonathan because we saw many attributes of a great democrat in him more than our past leaders(so you guys should stop painting PDP as if igbos are championing their cause) and whether Okorocha or ngige is presented as APC presidential candidate we dont care, we dont vote along tribal line ok.... Okorocha as a governor and Ngige if appointed as a minister has great opportunity to showcase their worth and creativity if they fail and APC still insisted to bring them out as their candidate then let them be ready for a shocker.......... If PDP or APGA or any other party presents a more promising candidate that can lead the country then who are we to vote incompetent fellow who didnt show creativity in his little assignment to a bigger post........ Igbos are democrats and republicans even before the white man came..........and before we continue to discuss this, Also pray that Biafra is not achieved before then...

Stop lying, igbos voted for Jonathan along tribal lines. What i can agree with you is that Apc presenting an igbo candidate does not mean the igbos will vote the candidate and the reason is because the igbos belief apc is hausa/ Yoruba party that is why buhari get very low votes in south east even when his running mate was igbo and his party chairman was igbo.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Kingsley1000(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Yeske2:
1) The Igbos had never voted their own since the return of democracy, Igbos voted OBJ against Ojukwu, voted Yar'adua/GEJ against PMB/Okadigbo, how many Igbos even knew their was an Igbo presidential candidate in the last election?
2) With the hatred being preached by most online and offline Igbos, how do expect trust from others. We always pride ourselves as different when we are only digging our political grave.
Saraki isn't Igbo but the Igbos took his case like no other, Dieziani arrested and the Igbos crying of witch hunt.
The Igbos will always want to be on the other side of the fence no matter how unreasonable that decision is and this was amplified after the loss of GEJ at the polls.
there is no igbo candidate in the last presidential election,we had no other option,that's why we voted for GEJ
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by PAINGAIN: 10:47am On Oct 03, 2015
abagoro:

I got gsm.
lol. Gsm wey dem wan take price kill person that time. Thing is whether igbos get president or not, we go still dey sail on and on.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Yeske2(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
Kingsley1000:
there is no igbo candidate in the last presidential election,we had no other option,that's why we voted for GEJ
Everyone can see why Igbos cannot rule this country anytime soon, you mean you were so crying for GEJ that you didn't know? Google is your friend
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
Zikkyy:

I think the South east can govern this country. But they just need others to trust them with power. I don't think they are doing enough to build that level of trust required to gain support of major tribes.

Mister, stop spreading your usual campaign of calumny against the peace-loving Igbos who have built better bridges than any ethnic group in Nigeria.

The Igbos are not interested in presidency or political posts to excel.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
elookoo:

Stop lying, igbos voted for Jonathan along tribal lines. What i can agree with you is that Apc presenting an igbo candidate does not mean the igbos will vote the candidate and the reason is because the igbos belief apc is hausa/ Yoruba party that is why buhari get very low votes in south east even when his running mate was igbo and his party chairman was igbo.

See them lying propagandists who have always voted along tribal lines accusing the Great Igbo Nation of their past time job.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
Yeske2:

IGBOS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE PRESIDENCY OR POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS TO SURVIVE AND EXCEL!

A separate existence for Igbos is far better than having series of Igbo Presidents in a fraudulent union where verm1ns and vagabonds hold sway.

The Great Igbo Nation pride itself as having the largest concentration of the middle-class citizens.

Contrary to the boasting of you Ab0ki ass-lickers, I make bold to tell you that if Nigeria subsists Yoruba can never ascend the presidency before Igbo.

Do your people have the political clout to win ANY credible election?
Do you fare ANY better than the SE that have been far from political power for about 50 years now?

You malign the Igbos for daring to exercise their franchise right in the 2015 elections when you are very tribal in your voting pattern.

The Northerners and Yorubas have proven over the decades to have voted along tribal lines. But not so with the Igbos; at those times Igbos built ties, formed alliances and voted for Northerners (Shagari, Yaradua), Yorubas (Abiola, Obj 2x) and Ijaw (GEJ) to enable them get the presidency even at the expense of Igbo men. That's an indisputable fact! 

What sort of alliances and ties do you expect the Igbos to build - ass-licking, slavish mentality and evil partnership? NEVER!

You play hypocritical politics of evil partnership in a supposed democratic system backed with your consistent employ of under-age voters and fraudulent voters population.

Which ethnic group have built a better bridge than the Igbos who have exhibited more 'Nigerianness' by permeating every nook and cranny of Nigeria, peacefully building and establishing business empires, and growing the economy of the locals and that of the country at large, and some of them even getting married to the locals?

Yorubas term themselves as being respectful yet you called GEJ unprintable names. You fabricated and concocted evils and sold them as news to the public.

GEJ performed far better than Obasanjo, Yorubas do-or-die proponent whose despotic reign was marred with mass corruption, election rigging, financial recklessness and numerous failed projects.

How dare you insinuate that Igbos are favouring corrupt politicians? Are you out of your mind?
How can Igbos be blamed for favouring corruption when your hypocritical tribe prefer to sit on the fence than have this country restructured and the evil system dismantled?

You and your cohorts ruined this country with your crass looting of the treasury and yet you shamelessly point accusing fingers on the Igbos who have been far from political power.

Between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani who makes lousy, provoking noise and propaganda using every available media outfit?

In the build up to the 2015 general elections certain people made careless and careless utterances thereby heating up the polity. Is any of them Igbo?

The likes of FFK, Fayose, Fashola, Tinubu, Lai, El Rufai, Junaid Mohammed, Obj and Sahara Reporters who heated the polity with their utterances, is any of them Igbo?

The Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people have over the century propagated despicable, hate speeches in their mosques and still execute the unconscionable, cold-hearted waste of human lives and reckless destruction of means of livelihoods in the North and Middle-belt. And they now have the presidency while the backstabbing Yorubas vice-presidency! Such a misnomer can only happen in the jungle! 

Ever since you were born, have you seen or heard anywhere Igbos are on rampage, killing people and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

I don't blame you. I blame this fraudulent union under which you and your cohorts have the guts to rant carelessly and senselessly against the Great Igbo Nation.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Yeske2(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2015
^^^^^ Story for the gods
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
Yeske2:
^^^^^
Story for the gods

So you think and therefore propagate lies...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Other Side Of Maryam Babangida Maryam Babangida, / Gov Wike Issues Strong Warning To Pastors In Rivers State / Picture Of Igbo Campaigning Against True Federalism During GEJ Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.