Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters (4055 Views)

IPOB Rejects Arewa Youths’ Quit Notice Withdrawal, Asks All Igbos To Return / Hausa Audio: Kill All Igbos In North From October 1. Don't Touch Yorubas - Deji / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by obailala(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
dmz1:
Igbo's may never get the presidency, but Yoruba's too will never be President of Nigeria again. the north henceforth will always be producing the President till the country breaks up.
this is the sorry situation in the south now
There is a very high chance that the SW will even be president after PMB. From the look of things, it would even be easier for the SS to produce another president before the SE. The reason behind this is simple, the Igbos have generally failed to play proper politics of partnership. GEJ's era actually made matters worse when you consider the actions and reactions of Igbos pre and post the 2015 elections. You do not get the presidency of a nation by burning bridges (which is exactly what Igbos are doing presently). Even the SS of which the SE is presently courting politically would even be wary of completely supporting a SE presidency any time soon.

In a nutshell, it would be very difficult for the SE to produce the president of Nigeria based on the current situation of things (except a Yaradua=>GEJ situation occurs). The actions and reactions of the SE within and post-GEJ era has further created more distrust and further dampened the chances. This is something a number of Igbos have realised lately, hence their renewed campaign for secession as the next available option. But personally, I think we should concentrate in developing our region ourselves and also, aim for a proper cooperation with the middle-belt, the SS and the SW to fight the north for the actualisation of true federalism. From Nigerian history, producing a president has never helped any region and I dont think the case would be different even for the SE.

8 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Eastlink(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
dmz1:
Igbo's may never get the presidency, but Yoruba's too will never be President of Nigeria again. the north henceforth will always be producing the President till the country breaks up.
this is the sorry situation in the south now

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Eastlink(m): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
wasco24:
I just like you guys behaviour on this thread

I wish everyone on Nl can be like you guys
Just making and proving your points without insult
May God bless you guys
Nice one
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Zikkyy:

I think the South east can govern this country. But they just need others to trust them with power. I don't think they are doing enough to build that level of trust required to gain support of major tribes.
[b]First of all, every any ethnic group can govern this country, competency is not synonymous with a particular ethnicity.

Secondly, I vehemently disagree with you utterly that Igbos need others to trust them with power. How many ethnic groups trusted Buhari, GEJ and OBJ with power before they won their elections? Mind you I said how many ethnic groups and not number of people. I dunno where you're heading to but I seriously think that that assertion of yours is not only unintelligible but also distorted and appalling.

Of course they are not doing enough to gain an unnecessary trust, cos no matter how hard they try, the 'major tribes' will still hypocritically favour someone who is indifferent with the wellbeing of Igbos. At this point in time in Nigeria, Igbos do not need a national leader, we need a leader who has the interest of Igbos at heart only. Trying to carry Nigeria along is presently an unnecessary burden. A nation of our own is 100 times better than 7 consecutive Igbo presidents of Nigeria.

Talking about gaining the trust of major tribes, are the minor tribes inconsequential in Nigeria politics?

This is democracy bro, it's majority rule and minority interest, not just majority majority majority. [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by dmz1: 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
obailala:
There is a very high chance that the SW will even be president after PMB. From the look of things, it would even be easier for the SS to produce another president before the SE. The reason behind this is simple, the Igbos have generally failed to play proper politics of partnership. GEJ's era actually made matters worse when you consider the actions and reactions of Igbos pre and post the 2015 elections. You do not get the presidency of a nation by burning bridges (which is exactly what Igbos are doing presently). Even the SS of which the SE is presently courting politically would even be wary of completely supporting a SE presidency any time soon.
In a nutshell, it would be very difficult for the SE to produce the president of Nigeria based on the current situation of things (except a Yaradua=>GEJ situation occurs). The actions and reactions of the SE within and post-GEJ era has further created more distrust and further dampened the chances. This is something a number of Igbos have realised lately, hence their renewed campaign for secession as the next available option. But personally, I think we should concentrate in developing our region ourselves and also, aim for a proper cooperation with the middle-belt, the SS and the SW to fight the north for the actualisation of true federalism. From Nigerian history, producing a president has never helped any region and I dont think the case would be different even for the SE.

See my brother, we in the south have sold ourselves to the Muslim north. if APC brings out a SW for President and a northerner for VP, the PDP or whatever strong opposition party will feature a Muslim north presidential candidate and a SE or SS VP. The north will vote a northern presidential candidate irrespective of the party (after all the north voted Yar adua who was PDP). The SE will vote the party with SE or SS VP, likewise the SS to spite the SW for aiding GEJ's expulsion from power.
It is only the SS that has a very slim chance of being the President again from the south.

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
People keep talking about politics of partnership, mostly people who are bereft of the knowledge of how Nigeria politics really is.

It's hypocritical claiming to play a politics of partnership while in real sense it also warrants and precipitates negligence.

Please reason properly before boasting of politics of partnership.

3 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:
I'll vote my Governor Rochas...

I ain't a tribalist, But I'll love to see an Igbo President

Is PDP an Igbo Party? Why did OBJ in 2007 pick a SouthSouth Dude as VP Leaving all Igbo candidates behind?

Even in 2019 I won't be surprised if PDP presents a Northern President and a VP from SS/SW....

You have to understand the political dynamics that came to play resulting in OBJ's decision to pick Jonathan as VP.There was a serious budding insurgency in the SS that was having a serious toll on the Nigerian economy that a military solution failed to curtail. Former president Obasanjo felt that in picking Jonathan for the VP post, he could blunt the militant agitation and in a way with the benefit of hindsight, he was right. As for all your other questions i haven't fully thought it through
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Zikkyy(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:

Secondly, I vehemently disagree with you utterly that Igbos need others to trust them with power. How many ethnic groups trusted Buhari, GEJ and OBJ with power before they won their elections? Mind you I said how many ethnic groups and not number of people.

If trust is not a factor, on what basis do people vote? because they are paid to vote?

Lordave:

Of course they are not doing enough to gain an unnecessary trust, cos no matter how hard they try, the 'major tribes' will still hypocritically favour someone who is indifferent with the wellbeing of Igbos.

The question is why? i believe you have the answer. Please share....

Lordave:

Of course they are not doing enough to gain an unnecessary trust, cos no matter how hard they try, the 'major tribes' will still hypocritically favour someone who is indifferent with the wellbeing of Igbos.

....maybe it's due to absence of candidates with concern for the well-being of Igbos....

Lordave:

we need a leader who has the interest of Igbos at heart only.

I agree.

Lordave:

Trying to carry Nigeria along is presently an unnecessary burden. A nation of our own is 100 times better than 7 consecutive Igbo presidents of Nigeria.

This defeatist attitude is not good. I believe the SE have all it takes to stake a claim for a place in the Nigerian project. If only you just try a little harder.

Lordave:

Talking about gaining the trust of major tribes, are the minor tribes inconsequential in Nigeria politics?

I meant the population that determine the direction of votes.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by NaijirianKing: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Interesting.

LordMecuzy:

Is PDP an Igbo Party? Why did OBJ in 2007 pick a SouthSouth Dude as VP Leaving all Igbo candidates behind?

Even in 2019 I won't be surprised if PDP presents a Northern President and a VP from SS/SW....

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by agabusta: 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:
Rochas is a dead case!
He's hated by majority of Igbos, how is this majority going to put behind their hatred for Rochas to see him become president of Nigeria and benefit nothing from it?

I laugh really hard when people talk of Rochas running for 2019 presidency. It actually means that you all think that an Hausa man will ignore his brother, Mohammed to vote for an Okorocha who has been repeatedly denied by his people.

Igbo President is just a mirage, we can do more building our region or better still agitate for a country of our own where you and I and Okorocha have a realistic chance of being a president.

Rochas has political clout in the North just like Obasanjo. Eventhough Obasanjo was not voted for by the SW in 1999, the North and SE voted for him and he was able to win with that.

No matter what, if Rochas contests as the president, he will still gather majority votes in Imo and Abia states. If he plays his game right, he will get the full SW support and with his Northern connection he can get Northern support against a Northerner especially if he was annoited by Buhari and Buhari thoroughly campaigns for him.

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by agabusta: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
alcatraz002:

I beg to differ bro, 1st of all I don't think Most/All Nairalanders are kids or unemployed graduates. I am an ardent member of this forum and I am gainfully employed and even a professional in my field. I have my reservations about igbos and I am sure millions of other Yorubas have their issue with igbos too.

I have work in an office where I have Igbo colleagues and we relate professionally but that doesn't mean we don't hold grudges against each others' tribes deep down our hearts. The cooperation you see real time is just pretence and an attempt at National Unity or political correctness.

Yorubas would have been able to compromise and vote Rocha's Okorocha ( I love Rochas as a politician of Igbo extraction due to being detribalised) but the recent happenings in the Political arena of Nigeria and the hate being peddled online (Believe me when I say Nairaland and other Online platforms are radicalizing mostly Yoruba's) has ruined any chances of political cooperation between these 2 tribes.

Igbos lost the commissioner seat in the Lagos cabinet due to the realisation of majority of Yorubas that the igbos hated us. The igbos have always hated Yorubas since after the Civil War but the Yorubas never knew or suspected until the igbos got really close to the Presidency via Good luck Jonathan's ascendancy to the Office of President which gave the igbos the opportunity to show their deep seated hate for Yoruba. The latest development now is that the Yorubas now know you hate them and also wish to take over their most developed state (Lagos) and are now planning to protect themselves and interests. Now tell me brother, do you think the Yorubas will be foolish enough to vote for an Igbo President when they are now aware of the hate igbos have for them?

The foregoing my brother is the fact of the issue as far as Nigeria/igbo-Yoruba relations are concerned. Anybody that tells you anything contrary to the above is deceiving you.

Bros the part of your write-up that I can boldly say is a fact is 'that the social media is radicalizing a lot of yorubas'. That is a big fact.

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by ayokellany: 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:

Nigeria politics is a politics of deceit and unending want to subdue a seeking partner. No proper and sensible compromises and no tangible considerations. Greed is inevitable and vengeance is a priority.

Man, Nigeria is a mistake, it's unfortunate we've had to deal with the consequences till now and I'm disappointed you think one of us really has a shot in piloting the affairs of this country.

The above is the reason why no Igbo should be the president of Nigeria not why they do not deserve it. Unending lamentation, In what part of the world is politics not about deceit Which part of the world is greed evitable ?

Lamentations such as this led Ironsi to orchestrate the first coup, it is also the reason Ojukwu went to war. How was Obasanjo able to become a president n how did Jonathan secure his own ticket after the death of Yardua ? Igbos can wait till eternity if wailing is what most of you think would earn you votes. If you are expecting to have the presidency dropped on your table simply because it's your turn sorry is all your name from the first to the last.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by ayokellany: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
dmz1:

See my brother, we in the south have sold ourselves to the Muslim north. if APC brings out a SW for President and a northerner for VP, the PDP or whatever strong opposition party will feature a Muslim north presidential candidate and a SE or SS VP. The north will vote a northern presidential candidate irrespective of the party (after all the north voted Yar adua who was PDP). The SE will vote the party with SE or SS VP, likewise the SS to spite the SW for aiding GEJ's expulsion from power.
It is only the SS that has a very slim chance of being the President again from the south.

Una talk don tire me for NairaLand.

With this your line of argument please tell me how Jonathan a southerner was able to win Abuja Niger Nasarawa Gombe Adamawa Plateau and Benue state in 2011 or are all the state in the south south ?

Please do not give me any excuse, precisely what your theory claims can not happen was what happened here. All any sensible party fielding a southerner need do is pair such a candidate with a northerner that would win his state convincingly that's one state down and work on the middlebelt where majority are Christian, then ensure it as a party structure that can get the required 25% from all the northerners States.

A Fashola / Elrufia If not for religious sentiment would beat anything PDP as to offer in 2019 even if they have Atiku n Akpabio on their ticket.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by disumusa: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

generaly ibo have no respect for them self,that is why people did not respect them,
They can play any seriouse opposition politice like yorubas.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by disumusa: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
agabusta:

Bros the part of your write-up that I can boldly say is a fact is 'that the social media is radicalizing a lot of yorubas'. That is a big fact.
nonsense, na today you know that ibo did not like any tribe in nigeria,
the problem with ibo is that they want to hijack the precidency without bargain with other tribe, which could be dagerious.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by disumusa: 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
agabusta:

nonsense, na today you know that ibo did not like any tribe in nigeria,
the problem with ibo is that they want to hijack the presidency without bargain with other tribe, which could be dagerious.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
ayokellany:

The above is the reason why no Igbo should be the president of Nigeria not why they do not deserve it. Unending lamentation, In what part of the world is politics not about deceit Which part of the world is greed evitable ?

Lamentations such as this led Ironsi to orchestrate the first coup, it is also the reason Ojukwu went to war. How was Obasanjo able to become a president n how did Jonathan secure his own ticket after the death of Yardua ? Igbos can wait till eternity if wailing is what most of you think would earn you votes. If you are expecting to have the presidency dropped on your table simply because it's your turn sorry is all your name from the first to the last.
What the hell are you talking about?

Does it look like I want a Nigeria president of an Igbo extraction?

This is why people like you remain backward. I ask again for the umpteenth time, how has your region producing the president impacted your local government and state positively?

It's obvious you have a hate agenda to carry out on Nairaland, for I do not see any other reason why you should ignore my other posts to quote that one and showcase your gigantic Ignorance in the name of taunting Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by disumusa: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
alcatraz002:

Thank you for not insulting me. Please I have another question for you. Do you honestly think the hatred between Igbo and Yoruba is just online?
which nonsense on line, realy b/4 i did not hate ibos, but after this 2015 election,and the hatred ibo demostrate on line and physical,infact any place i see ibo to me is like killing them.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
agabusta:

Rochas has political clout in the North just like Obasanjo. Eventhough Obasanjo was not voted for by the SW in 1999, the North and SE voted for him and he was able to win with that.

No matter what, if Rochas contests as the president, he will still gather majority votes in Imo and Abia states. If he plays his game right, he will get the full SW support and with his Northern connection he can get Northern support against a Northerner especially if he was annoited by Buhari and Buhari thoroughly campaigns for him.
Man, Igbo President has nothing of good benefit to the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by disumusa: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

I think it's online Bro.. Most Nairalanders here are kids and sorry to say unemployed youths/ Party Online agents who just go about creating various hate threads. eg Most companies, Banks,Factories in major cities how many times have you seen Igbo and Yoruba colleagues insulting themselves, Igbos work in Yoruba owned companies (Honeywell, Zenon Oil, Obat Petroleum etc) and Yorubas work in Igbo Owned Companies (GreenLife,Coscharis, Emzor, Orange Drugs) and cooperation goes on and on...The Recent Sack of workers by Lacasera company, Did you see the yoruba workers protesting differently From the Igbo workers?
my friend forget that you sarmon, an ibo man told me he can employ yoruba or work with them under the same roof
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by McKren(m): 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
PDP will rise again

We will continue to stick to what we know without appologies

Let PDP zone power to the North

From the days of Alex Ekwueme Ndigbo have continued to support and make sacrifices for the survival of PDP.

Osita Chidoka and Ike Ekweremadu are 2 good candidates for VP in 2019
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by chrisblack: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

so you will vote Igbo man . OK am watching. When the time comes even if the candidate his bad with money and he or she his from your region or another you guys will still vote for the person. We know the story.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
ayokellany:

Your write-up oozes arrogance, lies and deceit!

You have subtly boasted as if your tribe have the political clout to win general elections. You have bragged with power as if your people fare ANY better than the SE that have been far from political power for 50 years now.

To be frank with you, it's such attitude of yours that have created and still creating problems for this entity.
You simply detest the truth. And anyone who braces up to tell you the bitter truth to your face becomes your foe.

You see, many of you have mainly survived by ass-licking and the lopsided arrangement in the polity. And since the Great Igbo Nation isn't ready to follow such path of dishonour you employ lies, falsehood and propaganda to malign them at every given opportunity using your numerous media outfits.
And because you lots know the Igboman would not allow such lopsidedness to hold sway the reason for your bitterness and diatribes against the Igbos.

Your greatest fear of the Igboman becoming the president is very obvious. Pronto, the Igboman will simply dismantle the evil structures in the polity and create a competitive environment for all to survive.

Without much ado the Igbo man will deal with quota system, federal character, admission catchment areas in schools, cut off marks for admission, fraudulent census figure, false voters register, lopsided local government areas and the likes that you brag with and claim political 'sophistication'.

And since you and your people have mainly flourished at the expense of others by virtue of the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity you are simply trying to maintain the status quo while pretending to be nationalistic with 'One Nigeria' slogan.

Despite the pseudo-president Obasanjo who more or less kowtowed to the whims and caprices of Northerners, do the average Northerner or Yoruba person have better welfare than the Igbo person? NO! The Great Igbo Nation prides itself as having the highest concentration of middle-class citizens.

Without government connections and patronage, Wale Tinubu, Jimoh Ibrahim, Femi Otedola, Mike Adenuga and their likes will be nowhere today. Folorunso Alakija who acquired her wealth from the commonwealth will not be the richest black woman on earth.

You mischievously stated that Ironsi orchestrated the January 15 coup. Can you provide us with credible source and details of Ironsi's involvement in the coup?

Kaduna Nzeogwu, the January 1966 coup leader was a Niger-deltan from Delta-Igbo. And the other ring members are Kpera (Northerner), Ademoyega (Westerner) and Anuforo (Easterner). Their aim was to make Chief Obafemi Awolowo the ruler of the country. You can confirm and get more details about the January 15 coup from your uncle Ademoyega who was one of the coup planners.

Gowon, Awolowo, Ejoor, Adebayo, Mobolaji Johnson, Katsina, Wey and all the groups that supported and advised the Federal Government of Nigeria to renege on the accords agreed upon in Aburi, Ghana were responsible for the 1967-70 Civil War, alongside their murderous kinsmen who killed innocent Easterners in revenge for an act done by a misguided group of soldiers comprising both Southerners and Northerners.

Ojukwu tried making peace, and called for peace-talk in a neutral ground hence the Aburi Accord, but Gowon and his co-travellers violated the agreement reached. If Ojukwu wanted war he wouldn't have called for peace talk in Ghana but the declaration of Biafra was inevitable as the killing of Easterners continued across the country. Ojukwu never asked for war! Ojukwu only declared Biafra when over thirty thousand corpses littered the Northern region in the aftermath of the January 15 1966 coup. Gowon and his cohorts declared the civil war! And Benjamin Adekunle, one the Nigerian soldier, later attested to the fact that Nigeria declared war because of oil in the Eastern region.

As touching greed and selfishness, the likes of Abacha, Obj, IBB, MKO Abiola, Danjuma, Abdulsalam, Tinubu, etc. that wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state are not Igbos.

Remember in 1972 by virtue of the Indigenization decree the Northerners in collusion with Yorubas robbed Nigeria blind and proceeded to plunder the crude oil resource and owning virtually all the oil blocks.

And till present this gang have continued to suck Niger-delta crude oil, polluting and degrading the environment for decades.

The Igbos have contributed in no small way in building Lagos, Abuja amongst other states and the country at large.

If Igbos are the problem with Nigeria why would mischievous hypocrites become embittered that Igbos seek self-determination to opt out of the entity?

If you lots are not arrogant, selfish and greedy why are you rattled and bitter at the mention of Biafra? 

Over the years the Igbos have tested your tribesmen and found many of them untrustworthy and unreliable.
AND SO AT THIS CRITICAL MOMENT IGBOS CANNOT AFFORD TO PARTNER WITH UNREPENTANT TRAITORS AND TREACHEROUS BACKSTABBERS. 

IGBOS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE PRESIDENCY OR POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS TO SURVIVE AND EXCEL

If a cooperation was vital for the survival of the union the past 45 years was a great opportunity.

IGBOS HATE NOBODY EXCEPT YOU ARE A SWORN ENEMY OF TRUTH, JUSTICE AND EQUITY!

“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brod

The wicked seed of bitterness, hatred, treacheery, tribalism and nepotism your forebears planted in you have yielded bountiful harvest! 

It's unfortunate that many of you unrepentant fellows do not see anything wrong in the pogrom committed against Igbos.
Believe it or not, the evil deeds of your forbears against Igbos will not fail to boomerang on their unrepentant offspring.

Here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

For personal studies consult the following sources: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain.

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by klevjey: 1:17am On Oct 03, 2015
alcatraz002:

Do you honestly feel an igbo president is achievable? How would you canvass the Hausa's and Yorubas you hate so much? please I need an answer devoid of insults.Thanks.

You are an 1diot. .

Meanwhile, I'm SS

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by rhymaster: 1:45am On Oct 03, 2015
Lordave:
[b]First of all, every any ethnic group can govern this country, competency is not synonymous with a particular ethnicity.

Secondly, I vehemently disagree with you utterly that Igbos need others to trust them with power. How many ethnic groups trusted Buhari, GEJ and OBJ with power before they won their elections? Mind you I said how many ethnic groups and not number of people. I dunno where you're heading to but I seriously think that that assertion of yours is not only unintelligible but also distorted and appalling.

Of course they are not doing enough to gain an unnecessary trust, cos no matter how hard they try, the 'major tribes' will still hypocritically favour someone who is indifferent with the wellbeing of Igbos. At this point in time in Nigeria, Igbos do not need a national leader, we need a leader who has the interest of Igbos at heart only. Trying to carry Nigeria along is presently an unnecessary burden. A nation of our own is 100 times better than 7 consecutive Igbo presidents of Nigeria.

This is democracy bro, it's majority rule and minority interest, not just majority majority majority. [/b]

You must be a kid or naive to discount the importance of gaining trust in any relationship, especially Nigeria. Do you want us to spoon feed you with details, because I have no time. Remove the corruption, chronic tribalism and nepotism problems that were humongously magnified by Jonadafty, all others parts of Nigeria can trust each other or at least work with it chill for another opportunity except the ibos. Ibos calling Nigeria a zoo thinks that will transform to the higher animals in the same zoo to trust them in a gazillion years? The way iweala, oduah, maduekwe destroyed Nigeria as a team cannot be rivalled in recent times. As hard as Nigeria was under GEJ, ibos benefitted the most but by subverting others - only that the party did not last long enough, while crying for Biafra. No secessionist tribe, ibos the only one in Nigeria, will ever get a chance to produce the top leader in any country. Why would Nigeria put a secessionist preaching hate messages via Biafra and Kanu, and put them in charge of all Nigeria's money, weapons, future? It will never happen in a long time, and will be even prolonged except the ibos change. Don't tell me you are proudly 5% or remain stiff-necked in your ways because it is the reason you are where you are today.

In short ibos are the gift that keeps on giving.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by mikolo80: 2:29am On Oct 03, 2015
Lordave:
With the way Nigeria is and where it's heading to, no fücking Igbo man in his right senses will give a fûck about partisan politics(in federal level), and and who becomes president in 2019.
Most of the fools you see crying about ministerial appointments are those lazy ones that have only enriched themselves and their families through loopholes in the government.

Sensible people like me want to see a better grassroot government over federal appointments and governance. I really care more about my state's wellbeing than Nigeria.. as far as I'm concerned, Nigeria central politics can go to hell and I wish to see the Igbo nation govern itself one day, hence I pray Igbo man never becomes president in this country (it's of no tangible benefit).
where do you attend party meetings
what have you done to better your grassroot community
if you don't then you're just ranting
while the "lazy" enrichers who participated are hammering on your head(cos budget is according to population
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by mikolo80: 2:30am On Oct 03, 2015
Lordave:
Rochas is a dead case!
He's hated by majority of Igbos, how is this majority going to put behind their hatred for Rochas to see him become president of Nigeria and benefit nothing from it?

I laugh really hard when people talk of Rochas running for 2019 presidency. It actually means that you all think that an Hausa man will ignore his brother, Mohammed to vote for an Okorocha who has been repeatedly denied by his people.

Igbo President is just a mirage, we can do more building our region or better still agitate for a country of our own where you and I and Okorocha have a realistic chance of being a president.
making sense
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by mikolo80: 2:32am On Oct 03, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Exactly if Buhari decides to recontest in 2019 I don't see him loosing at all, PDP has to build up for 2023
even the 2023 gan sef
only if apc get carried away and loot with reckless abandon
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by playtheblues(f): 2:33am On Oct 03, 2015
Akwa Ibom Civil Servants Employed Since Nov/Dec 2014 Have Not Been Paid A Dime by playtheblues: 9:00pm On Oct 02
It is with deep sorrow that I write this.
We Akwaibomites are usually very peaceful and are not the types to complain easily. This is the reason why Udom Emmanuel thinks he can do anything to us and get away with it.
While Udom is busy building mansions in his village and who-knows-elsewhere we the latest employed staff of Akwa Ibom Civil Service (employed since Nov/Dec 2014) have not received even a kobo of our salaries from the Government and we are expected to come to work daily.
Most of us have been borrowing money from people and our sponsors are now tired of supporting us.
It is going to a year since we were employed, yet our salaries have been withheld all in the name of countless biometrics.
Udom has fixed our money in the bank to attract interests for him.
Everyday we are asked to sign one paper or the other in the name of bank verification yet we have not seen any salary.
Some of us who are posted to far places spend a lot of money on transportation to and from work yet Udom does not care.
My lawyer cousin who was also employed with me told me that they sponsor themselves to courts, prisons and police stations daily without any salary. They also sponsored themselves to Bar Conference in Abuja in August 2015 without even a single penny support from Udom/the Government.
The engineers are not left out as they are sent out to the field in a scorching sun with empty stomachs.
Human Rights activists in Nigeria please intervene in this matter. The masses should please join us into talking sense into our obviously selfish Governor into paying us our accumulated salaries.
I am a married man with a family to support. Udom please don't make us think of commuting suicide like that civil servant in Bayelsa who committed suicide due to unpaid 13-month salaries. Don't reduce us to beggars/chronic borrowers either.
We are tired of this hardship! We are grieving.
#seun
#lalasiclala
#ishilove
#introvert
#chocolateme
#ladyf
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by mensdept: 2:59am On Oct 03, 2015
agabusta:

You are not serious. Mallam Rochas who has since left governing his state to campaign for coupist and Islamist that like to bone little girls in the rear?
Rochas is nothing more than a loud noise maker. And Easterners voting for OBJ in 2003 lol, have you heard of anything called rigging? Just because wiki says this person got this amount of votes does not mean it actually happened that way.

Except for Peter Obi and Rochas of 2011 APGA, every PDP victory in the East was subject to rigging, that's why you now have Ikpeazu as Gov in Abia and a thug named Theo Orji winning for a record 3rd time a position while doing nothing for 8 good years.

To the point of the OP, Ojukwu said it is better to be a majority in a minority party than a minority in a majority party, and in PDP, Igbo are still the minority and have nothing but crooks in the small positions they even manage to have. How can they be taken seriously or feared self

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Warlord3000(m): 5:25am On Oct 03, 2015
Been reading and digesting all through and it's been quite enlightening smiley
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by PAINGAIN: 6:30am On Oct 03, 2015
alcatraz002:

I beg to differ bro, 1st of all I don't think Most/All Nairalanders are kids or unemployed graduates. I am an ardent member of this forum and I am gainfully employed and even a professional in my field. I have my reservations about igbos and I am sure millions of other Yorubas have their issue with igbos too.

I have work in an office where I have Igbo colleagues and we relate professionally but that doesn't mean we don't hold grudges against each others' tribes deep down our hearts. The cooperation you see real time is just pretence and an attempt at National Unity or political correctness.

Yorubas would have been able to compromise and vote Rocha's Okorocha ( I love Rochas as a politician of Igbo extraction due to being detribalised) but the recent happenings in the Political arena of Nigeria and the hate being peddled online (Believe me when I say Nairaland and other Online platforms are radicalizing mostly Yoruba's) has ruined any chances of political cooperation between these 2 tribes.

Igbos lost the commissioner seat in the Lagos cabinet due to the realisation of majority of Yorubas that the igbos hated us. The igbos have always hated Yorubas since after the Civil War but the Yorubas never knew or suspected until the igbos got really close to the Presidency via Good luck Jonathan's ascendancy to the Office of President which gave the igbos the opportunity to show their deep seated hate for Yoruba. The latest development now is that the Yorubas now know you hate them and also wish to take over their most developed state (Lagos) and are now planning to protect themselves and interests. Now tell me brother, do you think the Yorubas will be foolish enough to vote for an Igbo President when they are now aware of the hate igbos have for them?

The foregoing my brother is the fact of the issue as far as Nigeria/igbo-Yoruba relations are concerned. Anybody that tells you anything contrary to the above is deceiving you.
I don't totally agree with u. I think the guy u replied is correct. I never knew or saw any kind of hatred between igbos and yorubas until I came onto nairaland's politics section. I think u took what u saw/experienced online to the real world.i live in south Africa and I have many yoruba friends, one of them is even in nigeria now and yesterday he travelled all d way from lagos to anambra to see my mum.i have also visited his people. So d thing is I never take what people write online to d real world. Though we fight online and stuff but d truth is I've never had any problems with a yoruba person. Online is different from offline.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Budget Padding Scandal: Buhari Sacks Director General, Budget Office / The Nnamdi Kanu In Isreal Is An Impostor The Real One Died In Ops Python Dance / Peter Obi Left Anambra Wallowing In Muds & Dirts- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.