Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. (34045 Views)

Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / When Your Mom Is A Complete Nigerian Woman.know Your Mum Is A Nigerian 1 When Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by nnamdibig(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

And is this thread in anyway advocating that ladies shouldn't get married?
Did Angelina pursue her drems or not?
Did she live life on her own terms or not?

Did you read this part of the topic or not?

Yes she did.
No she didn't, she live as she & her hubby agreed.
Yes I did, not saying that what you wrote is wrong, rather saying that being married should not be underrated in the life of a woman.(men included).
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by tintingz(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
Women read the OP article and don't forget...

Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. (Colossians 3:18)
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by eagleccentric(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

If Genevieve wanted to marry she would have done so a long time. Where do you people get this idea that women are looking for "husband"?

Do you know how much messages/dates that the average nairaland female user gets weekly?. Even walking down the street gaan sef. It's even easier at parties /clubs/weddings to find a man.
Nigeria is heavily populated ! Most women who are not married usually have a very good reason in Nigeria usually have a solid reason.

Those of you who see her as role modelling you think again. At this stage, she can only afford to buy a man
In your own case na wet pillow go end d matter...

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tallesty1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

What's wrong with Straffing your boo??
Are you a Christian, Muslim or Atheist
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by suwalee(f): 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
This writeup is written by a Nigerian, especially for Nigerian Ladies.
Please understand that while I and the writer share this view, you are under no obligation to share.
If it does not resonate with you...please feel free to toss it out and shout like Orubebe did "WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS; THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE"
If it does resonate with you, please welcome like a breath of fresh air.

https://wordsmithf./2015/09/30/woman-you-are-more-than-a-ring-and-a-title/

teach dem ow to get a man nd ow to keep their homes not dis plz

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by 4C2215131: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
lonelydora:
"The beauty of a woman is her husband"......... So they taught me.

WEEK...... women's education ends in kitchen. So I heard in primary school. But my wife's own didn't end in kitchen though.

Proverbs 31......... told me something about being a virtuous woman. And verse 11 says "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that He shall have no need of spoil"

I assume you are a christian, read it first and come back let's talk.

See Op, all these rich ladies are not happy they are not married. They cry in their secrets. Some of them confided in me and told me so. Ask Linda and Genevive, you think they don't want to be like Omotola?

And who in God's earth told you Omotola is happy? Gotta ask, as you seem to speak or should I say write with such belief. You never know man...you never know (beware the plastic smiles and cheap media projections as the issue of happiness anchored on the emotions of the other sex is a very contentious one).

Who can really fathom the depths of the human psyche, the human mind...

4 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by raayah(f): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
eagleccentric:

Those of you who see her as role modelling you think again. At this stage, she can only afford to buy a man
In your own case na wet pillow go end d matter...

I wish... Nigerian women are not looking for husbands. They are enough men in Nigeria to go around, believe it or not.

I dont wet my pillow everynight, I wet my partners bedsheet everynight though wink

4 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by raayah(f): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
Are you a Christian, Muslim or Atheist

I am all three of them in one. The trinity of religions lol!!

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tallesty1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

I am all three of them in one. The trinity of religions lol!!
#dies.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by okeyngene1: 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
WE'll Not Accept Dis, Nigeria 'll Not Accept Dis Post. OP u're Partial

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by suwalee(f): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
nasha1:

My dear you don reach 30? grin when you reach 30 and still single,this is how you will start thinking and consoling yourself. grin
Their type plenty for Lagos.....they don't need a man blablabla
Even people wey don marry since and never work in their life they claim,nice op.... grin
Let them continue consoling themselves.....no be me and them they soak pillow at night. grin
I don't support op on dat topic aswear
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Whobedatte(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

Haha! Ultimate Joy and Fulfillment my brown ass.s grin grin
I no say na here dem go find una undecided
Come, Weytin men do u sef
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by mekonglobal(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
The deed has been done already, thats d way our mothers were brought up and d same way they're still going continue in their daughters up bringing, except d single ladies of our days will imbibe in them d above stated assertions and eventually transfer it to their daughters, i'm afraid it's still aluta continua...
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by raayah(f): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
Whobedatte:
I no say na here dem go find una undecided
Come, Weytin men do u sef

I love men in general, Nairaland men are another thing entirely

3 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by lezz(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

I'm sorry you misunderstood the writer then.
Did you read this part?
except the article is written in the 30's , girls ' upbringing consists more that the listed below.
[/quote]“Why should a girl’s upbringing be done solely in view of her getting married?”

“Why correct her only with eventual marriage in mind? Why not correct her simply because SHE is deserving of better?”

“Does her worth and value as a person lie only in whether she has a ring and a title?”[quote]
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Whobedatte(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
suwalee:
I don't support op on dat topic aswear
there s a scintilla of truth therein
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by hensben(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

If Genevieve wanted to marry she would have done so a long time. Where do you people get this idea that women are looking for "husband"?

Do you know how much messages/dates that the average nairaland female user gets weekly?. Even walking down the street gaan sef. It's even easier at parties /clubs/weddings to find a man.
Nigeria is heavily populated ! Most women who are not married usually have a very good reason in Nigeria usually have a solid reason.
So you think those men are coming to them for marriage? I laugh.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by raayah(f): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
hensben:
So you think those men are coming to them for marriage? I laugh.

Lol.. i laugh with you
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Ihuomadinihu: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Uplifting and educative post. Yes,this is not a misorgynist or woman bashing thread so i don't expect any reasonable comment from Nairaland men. If it was about how to wipe your asses, warm your beds and make your meal on time, men would have been cheering and typing all sorts of nonesense against women! Too bad! There are women that have their senses intact and wouldn't live their lives thinking about a ring. Marriage is a good thing when it happens but before that,a woman's life is in her hands. She should develop and achieve personal fulfilment and self love before seeking for salvation in the hands of another mortal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by abbey621(m): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

So you mean all my personal achievements that I have accomplished mean nothing because I am not married or currently managing a home??

I guess I have been living life wrong, Its time for me to tear that degree, close that business down, end that career and start looking for a husband.

If that's all you got from my response then you are still disillusioned! How old are you now? Would you still value your personal achievements over having a good home in 10 years? What about 20? The problem with your thinking process is that you focus heavily on how you feel at the present and not really thinking about your future state. I use myself as an example, the things that were important to me at the age of 18 was getting a degree, at the age of 25, it was turning a million into 10 or 20 million and now my main priority is building a family.

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by raayah(f): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Uplifting and educative post. Yes,this is not a misorgynist or woman bashing thread so i don't expect any reasonable comment from Nairaland men. If it was about how to wipe your asses, warm your beds and make your meal on time, men would have been cheering and typing all sorts of nonesense against women! Too bad! There are women that have their senses intact and wouldn't live their lives thinking about a ring. Marriage is a good thing when it happens but before that,a woman's life is in her hands. She should develop and achieve personal fulfilment and self love before seeking for salvation in the hands of another mortal.

You nailed it!!
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by raayah(f): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
abbey621:

If that's all you got from my response then you are still disillusioned! How old are you now? Would you still value your personal achievements over having a good home in 10 years? What about 20? The problem with your thinking process is that you focus heavily on how you feel at the present and not really thinking about your future state. I use myself as an example, the things that were important to me at the age of 18 was getting a degree, at the age of 25, it was turning a million into 10 or 20 million and now my main priority is building a family.

How will i build a good home if I don't have money to run it?? You said that a woman's greatest achievement in life is running s good home.

Will you be here today if you did not get that degree at 18?? When you were getting your degree at 18 , you were thinking about your future.

Back to your actual statement, You said that everything I have achieved is worthless because I am not married.

You have reduced women to slaves!
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by suwalee(f): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
Whobedatte:
there s a scintilla of truth therein
I agree tho
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by canDy4eva(f): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
lonelydora:
"The beauty of a woman is her husband"......... So they taught me.

WEEK...... women's education ends in kitchen. So I heard in primary school. But my wife's own didn't end in kitchen though.

Proverbs 31......... told me something about being a virtuous woman. And verse 11 says "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that He shall have no need of spoil"

I assume you are a christian, read it first and come back let's talk.

See Op, all these rich ladies are not happy they are not married. They cry in their secrets. Some of them confided in me and told me so. Ask Linda and Genevive, you think they don't want to be like Omotola?
in my own opinion, I dnt think d op n her friend r sayin women shouldn't get married, no I dnt think so. I rather c it dat a woman should hv a self "love" b4 givin room for anoda (her husband). Even d bible sed we should love odas as we do love ourselves! Marriage is honorable yet shouldn't be defiled? Women knw thyself! If a woman is fulfild, trust me her home will be stable n happy. Wen I sed fulfild I never ment spendin d whole day outside in d name of a job,NO! I ment knwin who u r n hw well God needs u to play a role in creation!

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by tartarus(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
tintingz:
Women read the OP article and don't forget...

Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. (Colossians 3:18)

Not everyone is a Christian or Muslim. Never bring religion into an intelligent conversation. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Make money and buy her a diamond ring the family will willingly give her to you. That is African mentality for you. Even the women there want to be enslaved because their lives are centered around money. Smh...!

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by lezz(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

I have got a big brown ass grin grin grin grin. It brings me ultimate Joy and fufillment!
Then I'm in alignment with that big brown butty.

A girl who has a big brown ass and knows it will sure know how to use it.

*scurries to her profile*
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by ronald4lif(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
tartarus:

Feminism. What's wrong with feminism exactly?

Not just you but many Nigerian men are scared of feminism.

Not so much is wrong with feminism in the real sense of that word. Having an equal footing with a woman is not a problem and myself and some other guys don't have a problem with gender equality. However, Nigerian feminists are fake and insincere with their feminism crusade.

They don't take equal financial responsibility in relationship/marriage and subliminally still harbour the breadwinner ethos of men. A man is still expected to seamlessly impress them with gifts and treats while they don't or sluggishly return the gesture. You can't champion equality and same time depend on a man for livelihood.

3 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by proxillin(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

Not so much is wrong with feminism in the real sense of that word. Having an equal footing with a woman is not a problem and myself and some other guys don't have a problem with gender equality. However, Nigerian feminists are fake and insincere with their feminism crusade.

They don't take equal financial responsibility in relationship/marriage and subliminally still harbour the breadwinner ethos of men. A man is still expected to seamlessly impress them with gifts and treats while they don't or sluggishly return the gesture. You can champion equality and same time depends on a man for livelihood.

Nigerian feminist are unreal. They still want men to be ATM.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Hannysmilez(f): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
stinggy:

I wish ladies will take this advice above. Chase your dreams, not rings.

Thanks for sharing mizmycoli
What 'bout the ladies who only have 'dreams' of getting 'rings'? Are they still allowed to chase it?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by abbey621(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

How will i build a good home if I don't have money to run it??

That's the good thing about being African my dear, you are only meant to support the man. It is the man that must take up most of the financial responsibilities. I would say man 70%, woman 30%. Even if you had all the money in the world, a right thinking man would still feel uncomfortable not doing his duties as a man grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Ran Away From Home With My Sister / My 17th Wedding Anniversary Today And Getting Stronger / My Husband Thinks I'm A Liar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.