Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Ladipo Market Finally Demolished - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished (61495 Views)

Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by laudate: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
chuna1985:
The Lagoon commander told d igbos who to vote for n threatened hellfire n brimstone if we do otherwise.

His Yoruba sons were in full support as well so chill.

Guy, why are you still peddling this one-sided story, biko nu? shocked shocked Have you forgotten that your own people were in attendance on that day, and they even clapped for the Oba after he made those comments?

In many communities, their brethren who failed to defend their interests before the Oba of Lagos when he made those comments would have been held accountable, or dealt with. How many Yoruba sons were in full support? Well, I will leave the Yoruba people to respond to you o! Even though some folks were in support, all I know is that people like Jimi Agbaje, Bode George & co., were not in support of those comments.

... When the Oba of Lagos was threatening to throw Igbo that did not vote into the lagoon, your Eze Ndi'Igbo in Lagos and other members of your ethnic group were in attendance. What did they do when they heard that threat?? shocked shocked They clapped in merriment, laughed excitedly like schoolkids, and promised to comply with his demands, instead of taking him to task over his remarks. How come you have not visited them with your campaign of hate?

Instead, you guys keep repeating this one-sided story like a mantra, and it is beginning to turn into propaganda.
ThisDay:
“I’m not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him that he cannot be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, don’t do it here.

“If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you. If you go against my wish, you will perish in the water.”

The monarch said anybody against Ambode did not wish the state well, adding, “I am for the progress, growth and development of Lagos. Ambode is highly cerebral, he’s a symbol and he is going to deliver the message which I, the Oba of Lagos, have said. And he will govern the state for another eight years.

The monarch said anybody against Ambode did not wish the state well, adding, “I am for the progress, growth and development of Lagos. Ambode is highly cerebral, he’s a symbol and he is going to deliver the message which I, the Oba of Lagos, have said. And he will govern the state for another eight years.

“He is going on a mission and God will give him the wisdom and knowledge to fulfill that mission. Almost a year ago, I declared that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos and it will not change.

“From time immemorial, the previous occupiers of this house will say what they wanted after consultations with other people. And this hasn’t changed and it will not change at this time,” he said.

In a veiled reference to one of Jonathan’s predecessors, Akiolu stated that the crisis Nigeria was facing was not caused by the Jonathan administration but by another person he refused to name.

Continuing with his tirade, he said: “If not for the appeal from Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) and my highly respected maternal father, the Awujale of Ijebu-Ode, all what is happening today is not the cause of the present government. The man who caused everything knows himself.”

In his response, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, Dr. Gordian Dimojiaku, promised Akiolu that the Igbos in the state would support Ambode.

“The mistake of last Saturday was caused by everybody, not only the Igbos. It is not only the Igbos that were responsible for the votes. But we have learnt our lesson. Saturday’s election is going to be a different thing and Ambode is going to win.

“Everybody knows that when you fail the first time, you cannot afford to fail again. We are going to tell our people that Ezes from the 20 local governments and 37 local council development areas are here and that we have sworn with the Oba that we are going to make sure that Ambode wins next Saturday’s election,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/vote-for-ambode-or-perish-inside-the-lagoon-oba-akiolu-tells-igbos/206050/
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by t2luv1: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
This is excellent development

Kudos to the government

Let's see what Igbos will do now since Lagos is no mans land

Going by your statement the only and main reason this action is being taken was simply to punish the Igbos. Will you be in agreement then if this kind of thing happen to your Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
coolitempa:

You have simple comprehension issues....go back and read what I wrote...... grin

You stated 2 points:

Dirty market. Agree

Cry out of hopelessness because all markets will be demolished one by one. Disagree

What's the comprehension ish there?
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by melzabull(f): 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

Ok noted!

You can correct something without yap now.

On the Oil-eater posing as Igbo (faIjemaOkole whatever), what's dat idiom again about Imitation being the highest praise...

grin
Are you okay? did I pretend to be a man? did i pretend to be yoruba by using a yoruba name or did I speak yoruba to deceive people?

FYI, i know because he has been bursted severally, that's why I'm surprised cos you been since 2007 yet you don't know what's happening.

Didn't want to respond before but i noticed you modified your post, keep laughing at your folly thinking you made sense while 'they' laugh at your ignorance with likes..lol

Even a person with below average intelligence would notice he isn't Igbo from his devilish comment, but not Zoe. smh again!

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by tomzman: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
coolitempa:

The Eze is currently taking swimming lessons for the lagoon...... grin grin
grin grin Una no go kee me with laff for NL grin grin
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
melzabull:
Are you okay? did I pretend to be a man? did i pretend to be yoruba by using a yoruba name or did I speak yoruba to deceive people?

FYI, i know because he has been bursted severally, that's why I'm surprised cos you been since 2007 yet you don't know what's happening.

Didn't want to respond before but i noticed you modified your post, keep laughing at your folly thinking you made sense while 'they' laugh at your ignorance with likes..lol

Even a person with below average intelligence would notice he isn't Igbo from his devilish comment, but not Zoe. smh again!

Whose this one?

If ur having PMS or personal peppper body, please manage urself first before you come back online.

Are u for him or no? Cos I'm not either. Obviously.

Ah ah! See frustration o.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Macelliot(m): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ikwerreboy:

You talk like a greedy idiot, we ikwerre's are still waiting for the day you igbofrauds will say port harcourt is a no man's land I bet yu yoruba dey len work for watin we go do ana, Instead of you to tink of hw yu will relocated to ur landlock region nd make it usefull to ur self ur tinking of igbos buying d whole of lagos, lolz you be mumu ooh wich kind coco nut female brain be dis...
Hahaha..
PH is NOT no man's land..
PH is Igboland.. Fact.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by melzabull(f): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

Whose this one?

If ur having PMS or personal peppper body, please manage urself first before you come back online.

Are u for him or no? Cos I'm not either. Obviously.

Ah ah! See frustration o.
No, I don't get worked up if its 'that' time and I'm not frustrated either. A little discretion on your part would do. Consider it.

OK bye!
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by tomzman: 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nwaisuochi:
Is it that you are imbecilic or what? You rent a land in another man's land and you say it's a "NO MAN'S LAND ". NO true igbo son who was breastfed by his mother and who watched his father break colanuts will say another man's land belongs to nobody. As the igbos will say- nkem bu nkem,nke anyi bu nke anyi!
Finally a sensible Igbo man comments. Order 3 bottles of palmwine. The bill is on me. grin
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by coolitempa(f): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

You stated 2 points:

Dirty market. Agree

Cry out of hopelessness because all markets will be demolished one by one. Disagree

What's the comprehension ish there?

Show me where I asked for all markets to be demolished....... angry
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

No, I meant the 'we're coming for them one by one', 'we go see who go cry' part.

You really think so?

That demolishing all the markets in Lagos will cripple traders to oblivion? While there are still consumer needs in the land? In Nigeria? In Africa? Globally?

Nne go and do research inugo?

grin
hello ma....u no av bin following ur comments and I also viewed ur profile and ur posts and I lyk d way y respond 2 comments here esp ds tribalism stuff also I observed u are a matured Christian and from ur posts I discovered we share d same view and I av a feeling we attend d same church (winners)...but I must say am disappointed dat despite ur spiritual maturity u don't still understand wat it means to b a Christian from d way u believe everything dey (Yoruba) are saying here... and I can sense in my spirit u are really hurt... nyways 1st of all d Yoruba pple commenting here don't reflect d true nature of d yoruba person... u no even teenagers av smart phones nowadays and coupled wit d way NL works nyone can login here and say childish tins...

before u start wondering "which tribe does e belong"...all I would say is am a new creature deployed by heaven to Yoruba pple.... av bin following d comments on ds post and cudnt help bt laugh and at d same time feel sorry for Nigeria ND D PERCEPTION OF WAT MOST CHRISTIANS AV WHEN U SAY AM NEW CREATURE...

to cut d long story short... I wld like us to really talk about tribalism in relation 2d gospel and d new creature... besides I wld like 2 inform u dat my best friend is from abia state I mean we brodas... infact if God says my wife is Igbo I don't mind.. deer was a time I by foodstuffs from an Igbo woman among Yoruba women in yorubaland... I love d positive xteristics of d Igbo pple... nyways plss don't generalize..
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by PenSniper: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
chuna1985:

keep dreaming oh u standard slowpoke. There's no going back, Lagos is taken.

In your baboon skull ?
You are sacrificial lambs to appease the gods of our land and the lagoon.
Bunch of medieval animals in human skin. I only pray that you reside in Lagos.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
PenSniper:

In your baboon skull ?
You are sacrificial lambs to appease the gods of our land and the lagoon.
Bunch of medieval animals in human skin. I only pray that you reside in Lagos.

Lagos is taken. We are moving over to conquer ibadan as we speak...it's a well thoughtout plan.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by omonnakoda: 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
First of all take Aba
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
horlaleykan:

hello ma....u no av bin following ur comments and I also viewed ur profile and ur posts and I lyk d way y respond 2 comments here esp ds tribalism stuff also I observed u are a matured Christian and from ur posts I discovered we share d same view and I av a feeling we attend d same church (winners)...but I must say am disappointed dat despite ur spiritual maturity u don't still understand wat it means to b a Christian from d way u believe everything dey (Yoruba) are saying here... and I can sense in my spirit u are really hurt... nyways 1st of all d Yoruba pple commenting here don't reflect d true nature of d yoruba person... u no even teenagers av smart phones nowadays and coupled wit d way NL works nyone can login here and say childish tins...

before u start wondering "which tribe does e belong"...all I would say is am a new creature deployed by heaven to Yoruba pple.... av bin following d comments on ds post and cudnt help bt laugh and at d same time feel sorry for Nigeria ND D PERCEPTION OF WAT MOST CHRISTIANS AV WHEN U SAY AM NEW CREATURE...

to cut d long story short... I wld like us to really talk about tribalism in relation 2d gospel and d new creature... besides I wld like 2 inform u dat my best friend is from abia state I mean we brodas... infact if God says my wife is Igbo I don't mind.. deer was a time I by foodstuffs from an Igbo woman among Yoruba women in yorubaland... I love d positive xteristics of d Igbo pple... nyways plss don't generalize..

I understand you Sir.

It's not the best of methods but why should we sit back and allow pple build ideologies on a people's misfortune?

Why should we 'deserve' to have our sources of livelihood cut off just because of our tribe, where we come from?

Just speaking up because the empty ones being the loudest doesn't mean the wise should go mute!

It's a pity NL youth have become polarised into mere tribe, not our fault really but a buildup from Election activities.

And what can be done about it? Would you know Sir?
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2015
melzabull:
No, I don't get worked up if its 'that' time and I'm not frustrated either. A little discretion on your part would do. Consider it.

OK bye!

Bia Nne I bu nwafo, Ada ndigbo!

C'mon step off d high-horse and embrace a sister.

grin
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by fyneboi79(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
mart2k:
B deceiving ursef. Even wit that, it is better for d shops to remain under lock n keys instead of giving it out to flat heads
Flat head better pass ogo heads(hammer heads) grin

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

I understand you Sir.

It's not the best of methods but why should we sit back and allow pple build ideologies on a people's misfortune?

Why should we 'deserve' to have our sources of livelihood cut off just because of our tribe, where we come from?

Just speaking up because the empty ones being the loudest doesn't mean the wise should go mute!

It's a pity NL youth have become polarised into mere tribe, not our fault really but a buildup from Election activities.

And what can be done about it? Would you know Sir?
hmmm...it is well.... I can imagine ow u feel buh let's not jump into conclusion yet...dat it was against ibos... I want 2 believe its part of LASG vision 4d state.... and I no Yoruba pple will b affected 2 just like yaba issue I no a lot of Yoruba pple dat sold in dat market den...in fact dey av resorted 2 d roadside... if u are in Lagos u will get wat am saying.... nyways am not even trying 2 defend anybody...because I don't get into issues lyk ds in fact its like comedy 2me I laff a lot wen I read tribal treads on ds forum..buh I chose 2 reply u wen I saw d maturity and concern in ur comments...

kk straight 2my point..plss op u don't av ds tribal perception wen it comes 2 d gospel I mean Christianity??...and I jst wanted 2 get ur view about d menace tribalism is to d gospel...

kk u asked wat can be done ...hmmm... its a serious issue... I bliv if LOVE is preached ds country wld b beta 4 it... so sister LOVE is d solution(1corinth 13)..wat do u tink
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
horlaleykan:

hmmm...it is well.... I can imagine ow u feel buh let's not jump into conclusion yet...dat it was against ibos... I want 2 believe its part of LASG vision 4d state.... and I no Yoruba pple will b affected 2 just like yaba issue I no a lot of Yoruba pple dat sold in dat market den...in fact dey av resorted 2 d roadside... if u are in Lagos u will get wat am saying.... nyways am not even trying 2 defend anybody...because I don't get into issues lyk ds in fact its like comedy 2me I laff a lot wen I read tribal treads on ds forum..buh I chose 2 reply u wen I saw d maturity and concern in ur comments...

kk straight 2my point..plss op u don't av ds tribal perception wen it comes 2 d gospel I mean Christianity??...and I jst wanted 2 get ur view about d menace tribalism is to d gospel...

kk u asked wat can be done ...hmmm... its a serious issue... I bliv if LOVE is preached ds country wld b beta 4 it... so sister LOVE is d solution(1corinth 13)..wat do u tink

I believe in the New creation of course.

I also believe everyone is unique, so is every tribe.

Most importantly, I believe Christ in a man, if dat man is FULLY yielded, neutralises the negative tendencies of tribe, but maximizes the good, which reflects the godlife.

The big word is 'fully yielded'
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

I believe in the New creation of course.

I also believe everyone is unique, so is every tribe.

Most importantly, I believe Christ in a man, if dat man is FULLY yielded, neutralises the negative tendencies of tribe, but maximizes the good, which reflects the godlife.

The big word is 'fully yielded'
beautiful I love ds..as if u were knew wat I was tinkin... dars exactly wat I tell my friend dat wen pple say ibo is ds Yoruba is dat... I tell dem dere is no ibo or Yoruba Carnal nature...carnsl nature of man is d same everywhere...only Christ in a man makes d difference... so let's all d GODLIFE (Zoe)...
great to no u av ds mindset... so we gud now..

oyaa go back to ur online brawls ...its giving me comic relief... lolzz
God bless u real gud..aiit

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by PenSniper: 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
chuna1985:

Lagos is taken. We are moving over to conquer ibadan as we speak...it's a well thoughtout plan.

Bravo. More grease to your fantasy dreams.
But beware the ides of waterloo.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by melzabull(f): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

Bia Nne I bu nwafo, Ada ndigbo!

C'mon step off d high-horse and embrace a sister.

grin
Lol...I tried to pass a message across but you misunderstood me . undecided

Anyways, I'm calm and humble. And yes, I'm a confirmed Ada Igbo. (my siggy gives a clue). We are cool cool

#Hugs her smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
PenSniper:

Bravo. More grease to your fantasy dreams. But beware the ides of waterloo.

We Fear NOTHING.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by laudate: 11:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
chuna1985:
The Lagoon commander told d igbos who to vote for n threatened hellfire n brimstone if we do otherwise.

His Yoruba sons were in full support as well so chill.

Finish the story now... why did you stop midway?

You forgot to add that all the Eze Igbos that were in attendance also fully supported the Lagoon commander, too! sad
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by PenSniper: 1:15am On Oct 04, 2015
chuna1985:

We Fear NOTHING.

Yes, i recollected you feared nothing in 67/68 but came out bruised, battered, cajoled and silenced into stupor.
Laugh..

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by juman(m): 4:47am On Oct 04, 2015
They should better develop their region.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 04, 2015
laudate:

Finish the story now... why did you stop midway?

You forgot to add that all the Eze Igbos that were in attendance also fully supported the Lagoon commander, too! sad

taa, Yoruba lying basted retards.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2015
PenSniper:

Yes, i recollected you feared nothing in 67/68 but came out bruised, battered, cajoled and silenced into stupor.
Laugh..

In 1967, the great men called igbo did something the Yoruba will never do till the end of their existence....We fought a civil war.

Ironsi was killed, (Alongside Fajuyi or so, the cowards tribe could do or say anything, Fajuyi was killed for no reason).

185 igbo officers in d army were killed too.

Den a pogrom started against this tribe who Yoruba n Hausa were very jealous of because of their unprecedented success in every aspect of life......The pogrom lasted for 10 months n what did we do, we fought, we died, with honor.

The coward tribe will NEVER declare independence in their lifetime, even their dead spirit cannot declare the freedom of their people.

Also bear in mind that we igbos are still not afraid, if d Yoruba n Hausa starts again, we Wil launch a very deadly n unending civil war where nothing will be left in Nigeria......No one will go to skol, No one will go to church n no one will enjoy anything in their lifetime.

We are proud of who we are, we will always be.....We know where we come from.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by tammie24: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2015
omonnakoda:

This is a well known fact in Port Harcourt ask any Ikwerre man.

Abeg i'l like to hear more about this story cos ibos claim they also own port harcourt
Spoiling things for themselves everywhere!
Weda na only them dey naija undecided
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by omonnakoda: 10:04am On Oct 04, 2015
omonnakoda:

This is a well known fact in Port Harcourt ask any Ikwerre man.

In 1970 after the civil war the Abandoned Property decree was exercised causing many Eboes to lose properties they had abandoned during the war. No where was this greater than in Port Harcourt.

If Port Harcourt was Eboland as these clowns assert where did the abandoners go? Who were those that STAYED PUT in Port Harcourt.

Reality is those that FLED were Eboes and those that STAYED were IKWERRES. The truth is bitter butt there is no way to paint it nicely.

Ikwerres and to a lesser extent,Ijaws own Port Harcourt. They are NOT Eboes.

They resent Eboes with a passion.
Prior to the war in the old Eastern region there was an attempt within the Eastern to dominate and colonize all minority groups.The Ikwerre were even forced to accept the Eboe bible and worship with it. Today they have their own bible
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2015
simplycarro:
Good riddance, we need sanity in Ajao and Palm Avenue. They've turned my childhood neighborhood into a slum and crime infested area.

There should have been alternative location provided for these traders to relocate to, its wrong to say it was a good, cos there was an understandng between th authorites and the resident of the market.

Adequate notice of dmolition should have been served on these guys to enable them pack their wares, dont worry when you need spare parts for that your american spec you will appreciate the value of ladipo market. angry
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
This is excellent development

Kudos to the government

Let's see what Igbos will do now since Lagos is no mans land

You re so wrong there, it was a dediacated place to use as a market these guys would have gladly relocated, FYI the market caters for the need of evryone, not just the ibos, if the demolition was meat to frustrate the ibo traders , then it was a mistake and in bad fate, it provided jobs for different sets of people, part dealers, mechanics, food vendors even janitors and scrap collectors.
Its a shame that people cant see beyond their noses when it comes to issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Hides His Money In A Can In Lagos - Pics / Spar Shopping Mall In Calabar Collapses, Customers Feared Trapped (Video) / N5m Falls From Bullion Van In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.