Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Ladipo Market Finally Demolished - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished (61397 Views)

Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Ultimate001: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
kettykin:
This is good
wat's d explanation for ur assertion?
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Unlimitedoye: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
abu12:

U knw ibos don't like where there is orderliness, only few can compete in business, where there rule an regulation. Ibos like cutting corners, sell fake product 2 cheat unsuspected customers, they hate standard due 2 selfish gain. So they will avoid tejuso
YES EVERY PRODUCT OF IBO ARE FAKE U WE HEAR IN MARKET
IBO MADE 300
ORIGINAL 500
THEY DONT HAVE ANY BRAIN EXCEPT BRAIN OF THIEF FRAUD

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by ceejay80s(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
lurther:
This people don't know that igbos are wise.

I can still vividly remember how fashola demolished tejuosho market at yaba to build a shopping mall all in the name of Reconstruction.

It is almost 2years they have finished building and commisioned that tejuosho market. Infact, they have commisioned it 3 times, yet the place is empty, desolate and rottening. Make yoruba traders go collect the shop na. I always laugh anytime I pass there, you will see girls dancing while music is being played, begging igbo men to come collect shop.

Hahahahahahah!!! They should continue to demolish all the markets, no problem. They will demolish and demolish and demolish till they realize that there is no more revenue to collect.

I implore my igbo brothers to go start a huge motor parts market in the south-east were the whole of africa can come an patronise them, like how innoson located his motor plant in Nnewi. All this petty actions by the yorubas could turn out to be a blessing to Ndigbo at the long run, while they loose out totally.

Please, my people go to tejuosho market today... they are just paying security there for nothing, over 2years now. We don get sense.
If not u be man, for marry u, na me be number 227 wey like ur comment.
Make yo-robbers go collect shop there

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by alextayo(m): 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Begonia:

Lmao! I know this isn't exactly funny but I can't help it.
You just allowed a man dictate your future with a few words.
Do people like this actually exist in the real world?!
Unbelievable!

Yes, people like me who are more sensible than your fore fathers to read between the lines. Do you expect a baby viper to be without venom. I wonder why you must always exhibit your inherited stupidity online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Mboi: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
wasco24:
no man's land they say so who is the man that demolished it
Govt. Govt property is public property. Govt property is no man's property.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by alextayo(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
freelife4all:
oh sorry, thank God you didn't kill yourself that because your suppose father in law thought that LAGOS is no man's land

to start with, let me ask you this question and i expect a sensile and reasonable answer from you. Why would I kill myself?
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Begonia(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
alextayo:

Yes, people like me who are more sensible than your fore fathers to read between the lines. Do you expect a baby viper to be without venom. I wonder why you must always exhibit your inherited stupidity online.

Okay, this is definitely idiocy at it's peak.
You did Onyinye a big favour.
I'm done.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by obailala(m): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
melzabull:
So when one complains of an unfair treatment, its called crying? or is the persecution not obvious?

And you telling me you cant see the obvious deliberate mischief there? answer my question and stop talking nonsense, why the shift of the date from earlier schedule date thereby taking the traders by surprise? and when people speak against the evil decision/act, you call it 'lamenting openly', or should we have lamented secretly? so that the iddiots won't mock themselves

Even people you have same party affiliation with have condemned this evil act, and you are here arguing blindly like an illiterate. Try and see beyond your nose, take a cue from madcow1 and be reasonable sometimes even if its once in a while. Only an irredeemable fool will fail to see the ethnic colouration written all over the demolition act.

Grow some brain!
I'm sorry but I'm not of your school of thoughts... I hate it when everything is read as ethnic even when it's not proven. Inputing ethnic/tribal motives and reading ethnic/tribal meanings into every single act of your neighbours is the surest way to never be at peace with yourself and with your neighbours. Just the same way Fashola deported destitute to Ibadan, Oshogbo and some other places, but it never made the news, but the moment some were deported to onitsha, the headlines read, "Fashola hates Igbos.. Fashola is deporting Igbos from Lagos"... and in no time, a needless ethnic alarm and tension was created fuelling unnecessary hatred and rivalry.. That exactly is my point, does everything in your life have to be given an ethnic colouration?... I asked a question, is this the first market that's being demolished in Lagos?... Why and how have you instantly concluded that the LASG headed by Ambode is demolishing the market simply because the traders there are Igbos?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by MadCow1: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
obailala:
I'm sorry but I'm not of your school of thoughts... I hate it when everything is read as ethnic even when it's not proven. Inputing ethnic/tribal motives and reading ethnic/tribal meanings into every single act of your neighbours is the surest way to never be at peace with yourself and with your neighbours. Just the same way Fashola deported destitute to Ibadan, Oshogbo and some other places, but it never made the news, but the moment some were deported to onitsha, the headlines read, "Fashola hates Igbos.. Fashola is deporting Igbos from Lagos"... and in no time, a needless ethnic alarm and tension was created fuelling unnecessary hatred and rivalry.. That exactly is my point, does everything in your life have to be given an ethnic colouration?... I asked a question, is this the first market that's being demolished in Lagos?... Why and how have you instantly concluded that the LASG headed by Ambode is demolishing the market simply because the traders there are Igbos?

My User I.D has been flashing on this thread..

Please let it be known that I support the closure of Ladipo Market. Not just for health reasons but also security reasons amongst many other non tribal reasons.

All I solicited was that a new base be created for the traders and that it should be better organised and laid out with strict rules of transaction given to all of them.

Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by alextayo(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
Begonia:

Okay, this is definitely idiocy at it's peak.
You did Onyinye a big favour.
I'm done.

No you are not done. It is this same attitude of saying unguided words by your fathers and uncles that makes your sisters rot away in their fathers house and i bet you will be no exception. This is what we get when small girls who started menstruating just last week are allowed to use smart phones. Go and cure yourself of your generational stupidity.

Bring it on

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Pwhitelaw(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
I thought they use to say Lagos is no man's land... I laugh... Better start parking your spare part to onitsha grin grin shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by alao85(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
chuna1985:

No matter what the Lagos government does.....

Lagos will remain a no ma
n's land.

Igbos will never leave Lagos.

This will only strengthen dem more.
Who. Cares if dey jump to lagoon

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Prince16: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
U WE have no option.[/quote]
CONCLUSION:
Let's 'do' love and not hate. Remember, at most we've got 100yrs MAX 2 live in ds world, and after that, we all face our maker-who is neither Yoruba, Hausa nor Igbo!

Thanks..............
Goodnight guyz.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by SonOfEl(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
OP, IT WAS A SECTION OF THE MARKET THAT WAS DEMOLISHED FOR THE PURPOSE OF REMODELLING. I AM PRESENTLY IN MUSHIN. LADIPO MARKET BRINGS HUGE RETURNS FOR LAGOS IN TERMS OF REVENUE, SO IT CANT BE SCRAPPED.

SO PLS EVERYONE, SHEATH YOUR SWORDS. LAGOS IS FOR EVERYONE.

ANYONE TRYING TO INTIMIDATE IGBOS AS A RESULT OF THIS HAS A SERIOUS INSECURITY ISSUES AS WELL AS INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

SonOfElâ„¢
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by melzabull(f): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
obailala:
You keep putting so much effort to mask your ignorance. For the umpteenth time, why did the demolition date shift backward suddenly from oct4 to oct1? The contention here is about the date shifting and not necessarily the demolition, or are you blind to notice?

The iddiots are already giving you the likes while they laugh heartily wherever they are at your idiocy and probably calling you a 'learner' or 'correct guy' who wants to be more Nigerian than the 'N' in 'naira'.

Sorry!

5 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by greatest31: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
teamchocolate:
Exactly, u don't know who I am.. and I ain't no chest beater to be telling u what I did or did not contribute to Lagos...

Don't feel great but just humble yourself. Those that did things for their states are well known.

Just stop fighting for state, please fight for the good of your fellow man.

It is what God will ask.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Bobopupa: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
lurther:

I can still vividly remember how fashola demolished tejuosho market at yaba to build a shopping mall all in the name of Reconstruction.

It is almost 2years they have finished building and commisioned that tejuosho market. Infact, they have commisioned it 3 times, yet the place is empty, desolate and rottening. Make yoruba traders go collect the shop na. I always laugh anytime I pass there, you will see girls dancing while music is being played, begging igbo men to come collect shop.

Hahahahahahah!!! They should continue to demolish all the markets, no problem. They will demolish and demolish and demolish till they realize that there is no more revenue to collect.

I implore my igbo brothers to go start a huge motor parts market in the south-east were the whole of africa can come an patronise them, like how innoson located his motor plant in Nnewi. All this petty actions by the yorubas could turn out to be a blessing to Ndigbo at the long run, while they loose out totally.

Please, my people go to tejuosho market today... they are just paying security there for nothing, over 2years now. We don get sense.
Supported.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Prince16: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
obailala:
I'm sorry but I'm not of your school of thoughts... I hate it when everything is read as ethnic even when it's not proven. Inputing ethnic/tribal motives and reading ethnic/tribal meanings into every single act of your neighbours is the surest way to never be at peace with yourself and with your neighbours . Just the same way Fashola deported destitute to Ibadan, Oshogbo and some other places, but it never made the news, but the moment some were deported to onitsha, the headlines read, "Fashola hates Igbos.. Fashola is deporting Igbos from Lagos"... and in no time, a needless ethnic alarm and tension was created fuelling unnecessary hatred and rivalry.. That exactly is my point, does everything in your life have to be given an ethnic colouration?... I asked a question, is this the first market that's being demolished in Lagos?... Why and how have you instantly concluded that the LASG headed by Ambode is demolishing the market simply because the traders there are Igbos?
Worrrrrrrrd!
Thanks sire.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by teamchocolate: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
I have not only done good for Lagos state, I av done for Nigeria and for the world by the grace and mercy of God... I know why I say this..

greatest31:

Don't feel great but just humble yourself. Those that did things for their states are well known.

Just stop fighting for state, please fight for the good of your fellow man.

It is what God will ask.
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by mart2k(m): 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
Good. It is a systemAtic way of dispossesing ibos of their shops since they said Lagos is no man's land. By d time all d demolished shops are completed, no ibo wil get any allocation. They shld get that into their flat heads
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by laudate: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
melzabull:
You keep putting so much effort to mask your ignorance. For the umpteenth time, why did the demolition date shift backward suddenly from oct4 to oct1? The contention here is about the date shifting and not necessarily the demolition, or are you blind to notice?

The iddiots are already giving you the likes while they laugh heartily wherever they are at your idiocy and probably calling you a 'learner' or 'correct guy' who wants to be more Nigerian than the 'N' in 'naira'.

Sorry!

But wait, o! Oct. 1 to Oct 4 is three days difference. It is likely most of the traders would have packed out their wares from those shops, to an alternative place, before the Oct. 1 date. sad
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
chowlade:

that's if they behave well and learn to respect their host otherwise reverse will be the case

igbos have always been well behaved n has always respected themselves...There's no need to respect any host in a NO MANS LAND

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by nedu666: 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
first of all the entire mkt was not demolished, just a section, secondly the traders have moved out before the demolition. third, some traders

are gradually moving out because there is suspicion it would get to their section. overall the effect will be all parties. the traders will have to

relocate, mushin LGA will have to brace up for a substantial loss in revenue, the artisants there will have to brace up for loss in revenue, the

agbero will take some serious uppercut in loading and dropping fees. iyaloga and babaloga will need to adjust their pockets

eventually the area might be cleaned up. As for the shops if the price been put up is anything to go by, then am afraid another tejuosho is in

the making because except ur profits are seriously massive it is pointless paying several millions for those shops. lastly It should serve as a lesson

to ibos , lagos is not your fathers land, learn from the hausas. every where they go they don't make that mistake of developing it. look at alaba

rago, idi araba, even the section in Onitsha where they reside. they virtually look the same. do you think they don't have fine houses in the

north. of course they do but have realized Nigeria is not one, and are living true to that idealogy. ibos stop building houses, factories,

warehouse, the ealier the better. that is what I learnt from my father, while growing up I neva understood why he had houses in awka, in the

village, in Onitsha, in Enugu and owerri. while we lived in a 5 bedroom bungalow in lagos for close to 23 years. he did not even paint the wall

of the house. nor use interlocking or even cement for the ground.when he buys a piece of land he sells it for profit. the reason being that lagos

does not belong to the ibos. Is he poor, of course

not, even though he kept saying I don't have money stop comparing me with other rich people, if I had money I will leave in ikoyi, etc but he

sent six of us abroad to study. The younger ones did both undergrad ad grad studies abroad. l hope ibos will learn. Lagos is not your fathers

land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by laudate: 11:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
chuna1985:
igbos have always been well behaved n has always respected themselves...There's no need to respect any host in a NO MANS LAND

...And you have just discredited yourself and also shot yourself in the foot, with the last part of your comment. sad Do carry on. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
abu12:
[size=15pt]if u don't want ibos in lagos, they are ready 2 move their business enmasse down 2 kwara state

Sai saraki [/size]

Why Kwara and not SE

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by TolaniLuv: 12:07am On Oct 03, 2015
Ndeewonu:
I am worried reading Yoruba people here rejoicing that the Igbo man's business has been demolished.
I never knew there is so much hatred for the Igbo man.
But the truth remains that Injustice somewhere is injustice everywhere.
It could be you tomorrow!!!

In ladipo market , they are yoruba and Hausa traders there not only Igbo and that market is so dirty ! Change they say is inevitable. I guess the lagos state government has better plans or reason why they demolished the shops . Not because of hate I am sure about that
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 03, 2015
pleiades45:
you can buy property in lagos but you can never buy the land. so you are just a glorified renter from yoruba paying your taxes on yoruba land and after the 99 year lease on the land runs out your house will be bulldozed and transported to aba for you. you can never buy lagos land. its in the yoruba constitution and constitution of the land all over nigeria. recieve sense

They keep shouting buy Lagos. What they claim they buy ends after 99 years and goes back to the Omoniles. Ignorance! Let them keep buying.

That reminds me of Orile Iganmu where the Tapas/Nupes claim ownership of Orile Iganmu. The case got to the Supreme court and the original owners got their land back.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 03, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:

Free me abeg. Am I the one that destroyed your uncles 2x2 shop at Ladipo?

Chukwu okike abiama Fire your mouth dia if you abuse me again

Mkpi

So u're even Igbo nne?

Not nice o.

Kwuo nu okwu ka nwaafo.

E fit be you o!
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 03, 2015
coolitempa:
Ladipo market was a nuisance.......reminds one of those dirty markets in iboland......thank goodness it's finally gone...... grin.....gradually by stealth....our leaders are sending the flat.heads a message of orderliness and ownership..... grin....next stop.....Alaba.......let them continue to abuse and provoke us.....we go see who go cry........ cheesy

You really think so Nne?

Lol
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by fyneboi79(m): 2:10am On Oct 03, 2015
lurther:

Chukwu Gozie gi grin

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by fyneboi79(m): 2:14am On Oct 03, 2015
zoelife:

So u're even Igbo nne?

Not nice o.

Kwuo nu okwu ka nwaafo.

E fit be you o!
Wetin she sabi? She be one of the "my mama talk say I be Ibo" kind of people.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by fyneboi79(m): 2:22am On Oct 03, 2015
mart2k:
Good. It is a systemAtic way of dispossesing ibos of their shops since they said Lagos is no man's land. By d time all d demolished shops are completed, no ibo wil get any allocation. They shld get that into their flat heads
Your yoruba people are still too poor to pay for the shops when constructed. Ibos rock!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Pencil Factory's Ready, Pics Of The Factory & Pencils Produced / 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Man Hides His Money In A Can In Lagos - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.