Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion (951 Views)

Atiku Reacts To EFCC Invasion Of Sun Newspaper / See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by chilan: 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
RAID ON DIEZANI- ALLISON MADUEKE's HOUSE: My Opinion

"It is crass abuse of power for EFCC to have gone to raid the house of a former minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the manner they did without any search warrant, no invitation, no nothing and moreso in her absence. They cannot claim to enforce the same law they are breaking. This is not about politics, this is about upholding the rule of law. I am not holding brief for Mrs Madueke but the action of EFCC is very unprofessional and should be condemned by all and sundry regardless of one's political affiliation."

Lawrence.C.Nnoli Esq

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by aresa: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
Don't you mean legal opinion from ibo and anti Nigeria
point of view?

5 Likes

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by davuvid(m): 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
I didn't even know, I also take it as gross negligence on the part of EFCC for not informing me duly. #myopiniontoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by IamforGod: 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
chilan:
"It is crass abuse of power for EFCC to have gone to raid the house of a former minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the manner they did without any search warrant, no invitation, no nothing and moreso in her absence. They cannot claim to enforce the same law they are breaking. This is not about politics, this is about upholding the rule of law. I am not holding brief for Mrs Madueke but the action of EFCC is very unprofessional and should be condemned by all and sundry regardless of one's political affiliation."
Lawrence.C.Nnoli Esq
lipsrsealed

You have to be sure if there was a search warrant or not cos I know efcc isn't so stupid and they'll know the consequences cos she's nt just anybody she was the petroleum minister nah

2 Likes

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by chilan: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
Much as I want the fight against corruption to go on, it MUST be fought within the ambit of the rule of law. Nigeria is not a Banana Republic. We have laws that govern the nation and the laws MUST be obeyed by both the government and the governed. Condoning any breach of these laws from any side and by any side is an open invitation to anarchy and lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by FirstCounsel(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
@ Nnoli. my brother I just had robust discussions with some one over this subject a while ago. while not hilding brief for Ms Madueke, it would be good to know if her house was searched with a validly obtianed warrant. if they did then no issues at all for me. Let her face the music if guilty
Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by 989900: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
davuvid:
I didn't even know, I also take it as gross negligence on the part of EFCC for not informing me duly. #myopiniontoo

Never mind, they informed me . . . how come the OP didn't get the memo? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by zeestunner(m): 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
And mr nnoli u be spirit wey de there so tey u know say no search warrant smh nawao u knw how many lawyers de efcc? How many seasoned professional law efforcement agent de wrk there? This no be mufutau vs dpo case my broda u learned now if u fit reason search warrant why u feel say efcc officials no go reason am? Oga u are just being sentimental not reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
chilan:
Much as I want the fight against corruption to go on, it MUST be fought within the ambit of the rule of law. Nigeria is not a Banana Republic. We have laws that govern the nation and the laws MUST be obeyed by both the government and the governed. Condoning any breach of these laws from any side and by any side is an open invitation to anarchy and lawlessness.

You wailers should stop these nigeria is not a banana republic talk whenever efcc or any other govt agency is doing thier Job in relatiom to corruption . Is nigeria a corrupt politicians save heaven republic?

2 Likes

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by chilan: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
They are yet to say so and the silence is loud enough for one to reasonable conclude that there was indeed no warrant for such raid. I will be surprise if they produce one. We are watching.
Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by chilan: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
atbu1983:

You wailers should stop these nigeria is not a banana republic talk whenever efcc or any other govt agency is doing thier Job in relatiom to corruption . Is nigeria a corrupt politicians save heaven republic?

I am not a Wailing Wailer.
Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by chilan: 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
IamforGod:
lipsrsealed

You have to be sure if there was a search warrant or not cos I know efcc isn't so stupid and they'll know the consequences cos she's nt just anybody she was the petroleum minister nah

They are yet to say so and their silence is loud enough for one to reasonable conclude that there was indeed no warrant for such raid. I will be surprised if they produce one. We are watching.
Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by IamforGod: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
chilan:

They are yet to say so and their silence is loud enough for one to reasonable conclude that there was indeed no warrant for such raid. I will be surprised if they produce one. We are watching.

So u dnt even have proof!

Ur no different from them!

2 Likes

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by laudate: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
chilan:

Lawrence.C.Nnoli Esq

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind comments dated 3rd of October 2015.

Your concerns have been duly noted, and will be forwarded to the former Minister of Petroleum, Mrs. Diezani Allison - Madueke, on her return to the country. wink

Her aides would notify you if she is impressed by your submissions, and wishes to engage your firm on retainership to provide legal services to her, in the on-going case with the office of the Attorney-General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. undecided

Kindly accept the assurances of our highest esteem,

Signed,

NL Press Office of the Former Federal Minister of Petroleum Affairs, cheesy
Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke

1 Like

Re: Efcc's Invasion Of Diezani Madueke's House: Legal Opinion by chilan: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
IamforGod:

So u dnt even have proof!

Ur no different from them!

Please go and read the EFCC Act 2004 especially Sections 6 and 7 and you will see that the raid carried out by the EFCC is purely illegal. Until you stop politicizing this story, you will always veer off the line of the law.

(1) (Reply)

Behold, The Holiest In APC Camp. Pictures. / ‘yoruba’s Patience Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness’ / Photos: Governor Wike Swears In New Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.