Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) (1743 Views)

Aisha Buhari Replies Shehu Sani As He Likens Nigeria To Animal Kingdom / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Buhari Distressed About Abuja Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by oake(m): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday reiterated his administration’s commitment to putting an end to extremism and eradicating violence in the country.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President spoke at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, after receiving briefing from a team of government officials he sent to carry out on-the-spot assessment of the bomb blasts recorded in Kuje and Nyanya parts of the Federal Capital Territory on Friday evening.

Shehu quoted the President as saying that for terrorism to be uprooted from the country, the society must be rid of violent extremism.

Buhari was said to have insisted that the end of insurgency was in sight despite the latest attacks.

“The defeat of Boko Haram insurgency is in sight but to remove violence and make the country safe, we must tackle the prevalence of violent extremism. In doing this, we will learn from the experience of the international community,” the President said.

Buhari was also said to have directed security agencies to raise their surveillance activities to meet the challenges of what he called “a retreating, desperate terrorist army.”

He also asked members of the public to remain aware of security in and around them.

The President sympathised with the families of the victims of the blasts as well as the families of the more than a hundred others who were killed in similar incidents a few days ago in Borno State.

Members of the presidential delegation were said to have visited the scenes of the blasts in Kuje and Nyanya.

They were also said to have visited victims of the incidents at the National Hospital and the Maitama General Hospital.

They also inspected the wards and mortuaries and consoled grieving family members on behalf of the President.

The team was made up of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir Lawal; Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari; Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health and that of the Federal Capital Territory as well as the police commissioner in charge of the FCT.

http://www.punchng.com/news/end-of-terrorism-in-sight-despite-abuja-blasts-buhari/

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Bevista: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
Mr President, I heard these kind of reassurances from PGEJ so many times that it eventually became a cliche.

Kindly remember that the two key mantra responsible for your victory in the March 28 elections were Anti-corruption and Security. While there is no doubt about your efforts in the first, I must state my reservations about the second.

You are C-in-C of the armed forces. Kindly use all the resources in your arsenal to send these Devils to where they belong - Pit of Hell. No excuses shall be tolerated.

If the heat is too much, you can do the needful...or we won't hesitate to give you the GEJ treatment.

6 Likes

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by LordMecuzy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
In God We Trust

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Mogidi: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
Meanwhile his spokesman's busy updating his facebook and Twitter while the rest of us are mourning the deaths.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2921491_femiadesinaontwitteripostedanewphototofacebookhttpt_co7st0fu1jp320151003103030_pngeb71881584993d97604f60a6c1b22a54

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Tallesty1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
Who's he blowing this time?
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by mars123(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
I hope the perpetrators of this act be brought to book immediately, I also hope Nigerians supporting the opposition party can have and show a little sympathy for their brothers and sisters who died for God's sake. I indeed hope the presidency is taking all measures to eradicate boko haram soonest as their stay in office depends on it. I pray God grants the families of the departed the fortitude to bear their loss.
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by francizy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
They have started again.. Some people are still making dumb promises without acting, later they call us names for criticizing the incompetent and failure of a government...

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by tayebest(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
baba we need fast execusion of insurgency in Nigeria...

Nigeria shall rise again Insha Allah
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by TheFreeOne: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
Just do your job and stop boring us with imaginary timeline cos people are dying for no just cause.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Mutuwa(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
Any country that has tasted terrorism will never know peace.

*Anonymous*

2 Likes

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by jomoh: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
It was an act of desperation

Abuja bombing
Poisoning of Water
Breaking of Dam

It is all an act of desperation to appear relevant and dangerous but we know better. They have been decimated grossly.
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Firefire(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
it is well.

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Decibel: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Dumb

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Decibel: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Soon the YAMS will endorse this poor defence at image-making .
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by hinwazaka: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Bevista:
Mr President, I heard these kind of reassurances from the PGEJ so many times that it eventually became a cliche.

Kindly remember that the two key mantra responsible for your victory in the March 28 elections were Anti-corruption and Security. While there is no doubt about your efforts in the first, I must state my reservations about the second.

Kindly use all the resources in your arsenal to send these Devils to where they belong - Pit of Hell.

Make me proud Baba. Please don't let my enemies and your haters have the last laugh.
THE TEARS YOU AND YOUR MESSIAH WILL CRY WILL BE ENOUGH TO CAUSE A FLOOD. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS, YOU WILL SEE HOW THE DREADED SECT WILL DISGRACE AND RIDUCULE THE SECURITY OUTFIT PUT IN PLACE BY THE DULLAPO PRESIDENT. MAYBE, YOU WILL BE ITS FIRST VICTIM IN THE LAGOS FIREWORKS DISPLAY.

2 Likes

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Blakjewelry(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2015
I think the dss got it wrong when they start firing most of the old people who has been working on this terrorist issue, their experience is very important in a time like this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by KwoiZabo(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
The reason I supported GEJ was because I saw the sincerity with which he governed matched with requisite actions but the enemies of the country (OBJ, Atiku, Tinubu etc ) deceived gullible Nigerians into believing Goodluck was weak and corrupt. We will all suffer it together. Welcome to Change.

2 Likes

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
Bull.ari is a BLOCKED HEAD.

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by ayukdaboss(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
Bokoharam will become a thing of the past soon no matter how some group of people rejoice over the recent bombings like demons simply because Nigerians voted out their clueless lord.
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by chymystique(f): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
Shey he said we shld give him till dec that Boko Haram will be a thing of the past.... He should tell Nigerians how he plans to eradicate these terrorists not these his cock and bull stories daily! IMO, PMB is clueless on how to handle this matter

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
I like his optimism.

Let him match it with positive and drastic actions
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by hinwazaka: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
jomoh:
It was an act of desperation

Abuja bombing
Poisoning of Water
Breaking of Dam

It is all an act of desperation to appear relevant and dangerous but we know better. They have been decimated grossly.
MAY LIGHTENING STRIKE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DOWN.

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
This nigha still talking? Now boko haram has attacked his home I guess he will bring back the military base
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by TheFreeOne: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
hinwazaka:

THE TEARS YOU AND YOUR MESSIAH WILL CRY WILL BE ENOUGH TO CAUSE A FLOOD. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS, YOU WILL SEE HOW THE DREADED SECT WILL DISGRACE AND RIDUCULE THE SECURITY OUTFIT PUT IN PLACE BY THE DULLAPO PRESIDENT. MAYBE, YOU WILL BE ITS FIRST VICTIM IN THE LAGOS FIREWORKS DISPLAY.

Are you a terrorist/BH apologist
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by hinwazaka: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
ayukdaboss:
Bokoharam will become a thing of the past soon no matter how some group of people rejoice over the recent bombings like demons simply because Nigerians voted out their clueless lord.
PLEASE LORD, DELIVER THIS INDIVIDUAL INTO THE HANDS OF THE SUICIDE BOMBER OF THE BOKO HARAM. LET IT BE THAT THE NEXT ATTACK WILL HAPPEN AT THE MARKET THIS INDIVIDUAL PATRONISES. LET IT BE THAT THE SUICIDE BOMBER WILL BE THE BEEF SELLER THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL BUY FROM. LET THE BOMBER LOOK INTO THE POSTERS EYES, SCREAM "ALLAH AKBAR" AND SAY THIS WORDS" ROT IN HELL INFIDEL". LET THIS BE THE LAST THING THE POSTER SEES IN THIS LIFE. LET IT HAPPEN SOON, O LORD. THIS I ASK OF YOU O LORD IN JESUS NAME. AMEN!
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Trut(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
hinwazaka:

PLEASE LORD, DELIVER THIS INDIVIDUAL INTO THE HANDS OF THE SUICIDE BOMBER OF THE BOKO HARAM. LET IT BE THAT THE NEXT ATTACK WILL HAPPEN AT THE MARKET THIS INDIVIDUAL PATRONISES. LET IT BE THAT THE SUICIDE BOMBER WILL BE THE BEEF SELLER THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL BUY FROM. LET THE BOMBER LOOK INTO THE POSTERS EYES, SCREAM "ALLAH AKBAR" AND SAY THIS WORDS" ROT IN HELL INFIDEL". LET THIS BE THE LAST THING THE POSTER SEES IN THIS LIFE. LET IT HAPPEN SOON, O LORD. THIS I ASK OF YOU O LORD IN JESUS NAME. AMEN!

Christ don't answer this kind of prayer

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Bevista: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2015
hinwazaka:
Two pieces of advice for you:

(1) Don't pray that a stone be thrown in the market. You really do not know who it might hit. Could be you or one of yours.

(2) Avoid using all caps to type your comments. It is a sign of a person who lacks online ethics or someone who thinks screaming makes him more sensible.

1 Like

Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by modath(f): 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
No matter how political & tribal differences, humanity should always be a unifying factor...

PMB please fulfill your campaign promises concerning BH being a thing of the past, no matter how much prosperity is in the land, if there is no security, it will be a total waste...

God will help our dear Nation rid the menace called BH, any man or woman sponsoring or happy when these attacks occur will die a slow & painful death & his/her generation yet unborn will also meet violent ends...

amin....
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by otil1: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
Olodo!

What's seen in the last few days is too coordinated to be an act of a desperate dissipated force. Coinciding with independence, their message is "we are alive, well and still very lethal!"

Striking maiduguri, adamawa and multiple points in Abuja, the seat of Fed govt.

Where is our intelligence gathering!

None of these was foreseen.
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by ayukdaboss(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
hinwazaka:

You are just a retard. I wonder how you got access to the internet. Ewu
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by hinwazaka: 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
Bevista:
Two pieces of advice for you:

(1) Don't pray that a stone be thrown in the market. You really do not know who it might hit. Could be you or one of yours.

(2) Avoid using all caps to type your comments. It is a sign of a person who lacks online ethics or someone who thinks screaming makes him more sensible.
THANKS FOR YOUR CRITIQUE
Re: End Of Terrorism In Sight Despite Abuja Blasts – Buhari Replies (PUNCH) by Nelkoko: 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
Can somebody tell dis buhari 2 do his jon n shut d hell up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Jonathan Doing In This Pix? / See How Rochas Slash Salaries Of Imo Magistrates / Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.