Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari (1741 Views)

Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria / Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / Militants Missile Launch Threat Today: Our Farms And Schools Deserted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by emamos: 6:08am On Feb 19, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, said his government cannot afford to fail the huge expectations of Nigerians, who expect it to lead the country to greater heights.
In a keynote address at the public presentation of a book, ‘Nigerian Century’ written by Dare Babarinsa at Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja, President Buhari said with the proper harnessing of abundant human and natural resources in the country, it would attain its greatness.
The President, who was represented by former governor of Ekiti State and deputy chairman of All Progressives Congress in the South, Segun Oni, noted that only a Nigeria could have given meaning to the indomitable spirit, boundless energy, collective creativity, cultural diversity and unique sense of enterprise of Nigerians.
He said: “Yes, our land is blessed by providence with riches in oil and gas, iron ore, gold, limestone and almost all the minerals of this earth.
“Our soil can grow almost any crop and our vegetation supports animal life as varied as creation can manifest. Our rivers and coast lines are rich with fishes and various kinds of life. Yet, despite these bounties from nature, I have no doubt that the greatest blessings of Nigeria are the people of Nigeria, the wonderful people that give expression to the grandeur and majesty of our beloved country.”
President Buhari recalled that though Nigeria was born in adversity, nurtured to adolescence in the turbulence of the colonial period and its majesty was forged in the furnace of hard experience of the post-colonial era, the country had been able to overcome its challenges to emerge as the biggest economy in Africa.
He said: “Today, our country has the fastest growing economy in Africa and one of the fastest in the world. Our dominance is not so much because of our wealth, but because of the tremendous energy and resourcefulness of our people.
“How many countries of the world can parade the likes of Professor Wole Soyinka, Jay Jay Okocha, King Sunny Ade and Alhaji Aliko Dangote literally under the same roof?”
Pays tribute to pre-independence leaders
While paying tribute to the nation’s pre-independence leaders, the President equally hailed former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan for nurturing the country’s democracy for the past 16 years.
He said: “We are in debt to the founding fathers of our Republic, Herbert Macaulay, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and many other heroes of the anti-colonial struggle.
“They hoisted for us the banner of freedom that we are still enjoying till today. As President, the experience of each of my predecessors as Chief of State has provided a guiding map for us in moments of hard decisions and when we have to embrace the loneliness of power.
‘’The 12 men: Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa, General J.T.U. Aguiyi-Ironsi, General Yakubu Gowon, General Murtala Muhammed, General Olusegun Obasanjo, Alhaji Shehu Aliyu Shagari, General Ibrahim Babangida, Chief Ernest Shonekan, General Sani Abacha, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, Mallam Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, each had the unique experience of modulating and moderating the sometimes turbulent temper of our great country.”
In his remarks, former President Obasanjo, who was represented by Prince Julius Adelusi Adeluyi, enjoined all Nigerians to contribute to the greatness of the country.
According to Obasanjo, “as long as Nigeria has life, we should give it hope; we should all resolve to heal Nigeria.”
lalasticlala,obinoscopy
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/weve-no-reason-to-fail-buhari/
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by emamos: 6:09am On Feb 19, 2016
It is well
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by obasiken: 6:10am On Feb 19, 2016
Whoever wrote that speech for this man deserves to be flogged. Classic ass kissing speech. Well they are all following the style of their mentor lie mohammed.

As per the fastest growing economy in africa, the speaker must have been living under a rock.

11 Likes

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by littlelion(m): 6:15am On Feb 19, 2016
But your govt has failed us already, Buhari u are not the Mesaiah we thought, i heard that PDP has told u to leave Asso by 2019.
Nothing is working. And those ones that was working has stop. So what are u saying baba?

2 Likes

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by AngryNigerian(m): 6:15am On Feb 19, 2016
This 'largest & fastest growing economy in Africa' should stop for once, please! People are hungry and terribly suffering...a lot of our people, actually! & they feel terrible about it!!!

1 Like

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by fitzmayowa: 6:21am On Feb 19, 2016
With $1 = N400 our economy is the fastest growing in africa

With jobs loses our economy is the fastest growing in africa

With no clear cut economic direction and no solution in sight our economy is the fastest growing in africa

With epileptic power supply our economy is the fastest growing in africa

With the stock exchange tanking and people loosing their investments our economy is the fastest growing in africa

With investors cashing out of nigerian markets our economy is the fastest growing in africa

The above is a clear indication that our economy is growing faster than the speed of light, carry go PMB we like this kind of growth...Yeye dey smell

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by princemillla(m): 6:21am On Feb 19, 2016
This is what I still don't get in Nigeria.. Is it that the economy operation in abuja is different from other parts of Nigeria? How come this govt have not notice this endless hardship?

We r not asking for lifting ban of dollar, we are not asking for top much., the items u placed on ban, pls can you fast track it's production in Nigeria at once

Plus, review ur policy so that items not available here can be purchased wit availability of dollar to get them
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by EHMIR(m): 6:26am On Feb 19, 2016
All thanks to GEJ,mr presidentsmiley
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by Adonis3: 6:39am On Feb 19, 2016
sure,

Our currency is the fastest growing in the world sef

From #210 to #400 in about 10 months

What a growth

Smh for this country

The most annoying thing is how they keep lying to us

Well, I don't really blame them

When majority of Nigerians proved how foolish sensible they are

By voting someone with a nepa bill over someone with PhD

It is well

#Adonis3HasSopken

3 Likes

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by MissingBudget: 6:44am On Feb 19, 2016
Shameless illiterate. We told them you're an empty vessel, they said it's a lie. Now they have seen it.

High cost of goods + steady weakness of the naira = Growing economy. You're indeed a dullard sir.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by phemmie06(m): 6:44am On Feb 19, 2016
Having these people make us the fastest growing economy, has the fastest growing economy feed the people conveniently. BTW the blood of the founding fathers of this country will never forgive the looters that named themselves good names
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by ajbabs(m): 6:47am On Feb 19, 2016
If I hear GEJ
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by psucc(m): 6:51am On Feb 19, 2016
Yes it grows in reverse.
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by junta001: 6:59am On Feb 19, 2016
fast growing indeed!
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2016
This man, President Buhari is obviously clueless and graspless.

May I find it in my heart to pardon those that foist him on this nation, oh Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by LegalAnalyst(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2016
I'm not too convinced. But let me assert and you help me fill in the gap where appropriate.

Nigerian economy is (the).......growing in Africa.
A) Fast
B) Fastest
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by NobleAngell(f): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2016
Yes and it was so before you came into govt so I hope you ain't trying to take the glory.
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by LoveDecay(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2016
tongue

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by twerky(f): 7:24am On Feb 19, 2016
Blame all past leaders
Not only Buhari
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by Leboska(m): 7:24am On Feb 19, 2016
Who is this fool trying to deceive?
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by Qualer: 7:27am On Feb 19, 2016
obasiken:
Whoever wrote that speech for this man deserves to be flogged. Classic ass kissing speech. Well they are all following the style of their mentor lie mohammed.

As per the fastest growing economy in africa, the speaker must have been living under a rock.

this is his home.. grin

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by skademzy(m): 7:28am On Feb 19, 2016
There is this popular notion that says "never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies will never believe it"... Yesterday, it was #WeAreNotCriminal. Today He said they are resourceful, yet they still criticise... Reason is indeed a slave to emotion... #WithGodAndPMB I stand
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by M4gunners: 7:29am On Feb 19, 2016
Oooooh fall for ground .
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:29am On Feb 19, 2016
Dis post made me remember a story my mama use 2 tell me

It goes like dis

A madman saw a hus dat has nt been plastered nt well dressed but dey hav roofed it d madman got angry and set d hus on fire he watched d hus got burnt

He now said 'wen d contractor corrects his mistakes dis hus wll b beautiful
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by seunny4lif(m): 7:29am On Feb 19, 2016
grin
Blood of Satan oooh grin grin
Who wrote dis kind speech abeg grin grin
I know say na seyi Law write this speech grin grin

1 Like

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by demarc001: 7:32am On Feb 19, 2016
I guess he means fastest growing on media
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by ChappyChase: 7:33am On Feb 19, 2016
No be only fastest growing economy with the free fall of Naira bah? Abeg bubu give us another lie!
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by White007(m): 7:34am On Feb 19, 2016
A lot of Nigerians are beginning to understand that GEJ/PDP was not the problem of Nigeria and Buhari/APC is not the solution.

Buhari's govt made so much noise about presenting 'zero budget.' He also took 6 months of his time to select his 'angels' - people he feels that can perform wonders with him.

Their first outing as a team was to present a budget. They made history by being the first govt to investigate their own budget instead of defend it.

In all this distraction and clueless-ness, Buhari claims ignorance. He claims not to know what he read on the floor of Senate. He blames the 'Budget mafia', GEJ and everyone but himself. The same way he's going to blame someone else for the nonsense contracts he has been signing as he shuttles around the world.
That is his antic - blaming others for his mess.

In 1970s he claimed not to know how $2.1 billion disappeared from NNPC account and was found in Midland bank, London.

In 1984, he claimed not to know about the coup that ousted Shagari. He lied he was invited to lead Nigeria after the coup succeeded, whereas he was one of the leaders of the coup, just as he was also part of the coup that ousted Gowon and the counter-coup that killed Ironsi.

In 1998, he claimed not to know how N25 billion disappeared from PTF account which he headed. He blamed everybody but himself.

In 2015, he feigned ignorance about the location of his landed property in Rivers State.

In 2016, he is feigning ignorance about how N1 trillion was padded in the budget.

That is how he'll be feigning ignorance and blame his way to 2019. Nigeria was designed by the British to fail, otherwise a man like Buhari shouldn't be anywhere near Aso Rock. He should be a mere visitor, not occupant.

- Slik O. Austin

3 Likes

Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by Lanretoye(m): 7:35am On Feb 19, 2016
The growth is as a result of balanced diet.
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by Nicur: 7:45am On Feb 19, 2016
I don't even know whether to start crying or laughing? we are in DEEP MESS! THIS IS REALLY THE DEFINITION OF CLUELESSNESS!!! PROPER DUL.LARD!!! FINALLY PRAY FOR NIGERIA embarassed
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by joeprince23(m): 7:47am On Feb 19, 2016
This here is the height of shamelessness,cluelessness and indeed illiteracy,hw can an adult who suckled his mothers bossom milk during his infancy make such outragious statement? Truelly this APC government is cursed! Now I believe that there are indeed ZOOMBIES among us
Re: Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:59am On Feb 19, 2016
DANGOTE never get two heads, even his head is small not big as mine... i'll make it in a day, asweargrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian / Nigeria's Democracy In Danger - Senator Dr Abdullahi / Breaking Federal High Court Affirm Ikpeazu Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.