Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,322 members, 7,839,530 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! (868 Views)

Landmark University Student Baked A Cake To Say “NO” To Her Wooer / Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! / The Pathetic Culture Of Age Discrimination On Nigerian Social Media. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by Sermwell(m): 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
A concern nairalander with the moniker "hidentity"(m) posted this somwhere and I thought it wise to re-post it here so we can make reasonable comment on it because I have also been observing this trend since I joined nairaland in 2008....................

"I think that I have observed this for quite a while and I think that it need be said.

I expressed my concern on why Nigerian youths remain leaders of tomorrow even till tomorrow to someone a few years back, and he suggested that I become a member of a few social media outfits. I did- Nairaland is one. He didn't say more, but I have seen more.

E-friends, it is easier to trap the water in an ocean in a glass cup than it is to see one reasonable comment on a page on Nairaland. Is it that hard to just ignore a topic if one has nothing intellectually benefiting or wise to say than insult the feelings of a tribe, religion or sex?

Look at it from here, a lot of unemployed youths are here lamenting and the story continues year in and out. If you were an employer, are you likely to take someone on a forum like this serious to conduct the affairs of your business or firm? These things matter, but it seems we either don't know or we just deny that we don't. There are people of incredible and distinguished personalities here, but with these comments fanning the embers of ethnic war, can youths like us be left with sensitive issues like nation building?

We can't lament that we are being sidelined when we lack the diplomatic tact and mental credential to make a simple remarkable comment. Insult me for this, I don't care- people take to insult when they are short of logic. But it is saddening that these e-children of ethnic war are thought to mirror the rest of us who are not in the bandwagon of victims of social, moral and intellectual decadence.

I expected that Seun or the mods would fashion out a way to halt this madness. The truth is that not paying attention to little details has lead to several wars and disasters. If this trend of singling out an ethnic group as criminals, rapists or ritualists subsists, we all may not be able to tell the story of the consequences. We can choose our actions, but we cannot choose the consequences, why don't you just keep quiet or type something worthwhile?

I am a proud Yoruba and a Christain, but I know that in my formation process, I became human first before becoming a Yoruba or a Christian and as long as the next person is human, I should be fair to him. Why can't we just live and let live? The leaders of tomorrow are just more terrible than the ones of today.

If an Igbo person is caught for doing drugs, it is not because he is Igbo- it is because of the inherent criminal nature in every human which he didn't curb. If one Hausa man is caught for terrorism, it is not because Hausa people are terrorists, it is because of the inhumane part of every human he did not restrict. If a Yoruba man is caught for raping, it does not make Yoruba people rapists, it is because that particular Yoruba man failed to control the animal instinct in him. Committing crime is never an identity of any tribe or ethnic group because speaking English does not make one a Briton.

The future awaits us- we cannot succeed in giving it the best with the way we reason, comment and react here."

Thanks.

Credit for the above post goes to hidentity(m)

Please lets begin to show love to one another irrespective of tribe, religion, gender or race.

LET LOVE LEAD.
Your comments are welcome! Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by INTROVERT(f): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
good luck with that
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by falconey(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
I'll comment on the other points later, you registered 2008 with 975posts....55 topics.

Oldie you are not a member.
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by banme(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
dey there!! undecided
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by zyzxx(m): 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by Sermwell(m): 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]
We've got life outside nairaland bro grin
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by falconey(m): 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Sermwell:

We've got life outside nairaland bro grin

sure we do..........
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
hmmn . . .
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by olajorn(m): 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
Post that in politics section,I don't see that here...please let it stay there
Re: Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! by khassy(m): 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
Sermwell:
A concern nairalander with the moniker "hidentity"(m) posted this somwhere and I thought it wise to re-post it here so we can make reasonable comment on it because I have also been observing this trend since I joined nairaland in 2008....................

"I think that I have observed this for quite a while and I think that it need be said.

I expressed my concern on why Nigerian youths remain leaders of tomorrow even till tomorrow to someone a few years back, and he suggested that I become a member of a few social media outfits. I did- Nairaland is one. He didn't say more, but I have seen more.

E-friends, it is easier to trap the water in an ocean in a glass cup than it is to see one reasonable comment on a page on Nairaland. Is it that hard to just ignore a topic if one has nothing intellectually benefiting or wise to say than insult the feelings of a tribe, religion or sex?

Look at it from here, a lot of unemployed youths are here lamenting and the story continues year in and out. If you were an employer, are you likely to take someone on a forum like this serious to conduct the affairs of your business or firm? These things matter, but it seems we either don't know or we just deny that we don't. There are people of incredible and distinguished personalities here, but with these comments fanning the embers of ethnic war, can youths like us be left with sensitive issues like nation building?

We can't lament that we are being sidelined when we lack the diplomatic tact and mental credential to make a simple remarkable comment. Insult me for this, I don't care- people take to insult when they are short of logic. But it is saddening that these e-children of ethnic war are thought to mirror the rest of us who are not in the bandwagon of victims of social, moral and intellectual decadence.

I expected that Seun or the mods would fashion out a way to halt this madness. The truth is that not paying attention to little details has lead to several wars and disasters. If this trend of singling out an ethnic group as criminals, rapists or ritualists subsists, we all may not be able to tell the story of the consequences. We can choose our actions, but we cannot choose the consequences, why don't you just keep quiet or type something worthwhile?

I am a proud Yoruba and a Christain, but I know that in my formation process, I became human first before becoming a Yoruba or a Christian and as long as the next person is human, I should be fair to him. Why can't we just live and let live? The leaders of tomorrow are just more terrible than the ones of today.

If an Igbo person is caught for doing drugs, it is not because he is Igbo- it is because of the inherent criminal nature in every human which he didn't curb. If one Hausa man is caught for terrorism, it is not because Hausa people are terrorists, it is because of the inhumane part of every human he did not restrict. If a Yoruba man is caught for raping, it does not make Yoruba people rapists, it is because that particular Yoruba man failed to control the animal instinct in him. Committing crime is never an identity of any tribe or ethnic group because speaking English does not make one a Briton.

The future awaits us- we cannot succeed in giving it the best with the way we reason, comment and react here."

Thanks.

Credit for the above post goes to hidentity(m)

Please lets begin to show love to one another irrespective of tribe, religion, gender or race.

LET LOVE LEAD.
Your comments are welcome! Thanks.

i want to comment something really dumb and stupid

abeg who knows something really dumb and stupid that i can comment undecidedundecided

(1) (Reply)

MUST Read.....some 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband. / The Baby Mama Syndrome:will Naija Celebs Stop Copying The Whites And Have Brain / A Call For Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.