Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? (5367 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by stimulus(m): 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2008
Gamine:

Christians take heed o

Timely admonition. wink

Perhaps in balance, we need to also remember these:

1 Peter 3:15 - 16 -- But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Gamine(f): 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2008
Great!

Stimulus

You nailed it
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2010
Absolutely @ topic. Ignorance = unknowing/ uneducated. They (Atheists) are both.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by manmustwac(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2010
@post
So believing in something that you cannot and have never seen is regarded as intelligence undecided
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 02, 2010
^^Denying something just because YOU haven't seen it makes you smarter right?
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by manmustwac(m): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^[b]Denying [/b]something just because YOU haven't seen it makes you smarter right?
So just because god has never appeared to me in the flesh before means that am denying his existance? God should make himself visible to the masses just like the sun dose everyday. But he'll never do that because he don't exist. I don't want to brag about atheists being smarter, but at least we can see all the inconsistencies in the bible that you theists fail to see.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by UyiIredia(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2010
manmustwac:

So just because god has never appeared to me in the flesh before means that am denying his existance? God should make himself visible to the masses just like the sun dose everyday. But he'll never do that because he don't exist. I don't want to brag about atheists being smarter, but at least we can see all the inconsistencies in the bible that you theists fail to see.

thing about inconsistencies is that is pervasive in reality >>> you just can't avoid being inconsistent
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by manmustwac(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

thing about inconsistencies is that is pervasive in reality >>> you just can't avoid being inconsistent
are you saying that inconsistencies spread in reality meaning that the bible is inconsistent. Please explain because your post has me confused undecided
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2010
manmustwac:

Who are you to tell God what HE/SHE should or should not do? That is the problem with non-believers, you confuse God with man. As far as I am concerned God shows him/herself on a daily basis, maybe not in the "flesh" but with the miracles I see everyday.

What YOU fail to realise is not all theists are Christians or fans of the bible or religion for that matter, I am a monotheistic woman and I am not a fan of christianity nor do I trust the bible, as it is a collections of myths! but why would I quarell with the underlining moral of the stories which is to live loving? Sure I believe this "Jesus" character's story has a few flaws that ppl overlook however the message is relevant. Same for the Koran, the Torah; etc. I do not care for religi-tards but for me God is real!

I'd rather live my life believing and if there is an Afterlife know that I'd be part of that, than be a non-believer who will have some explaining to do.
Anyone who can find a quarell with living right and believing in something devine that can be a guide is someone who is of hate.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Who are you to tell God what HE/SHE should or should not do? That is the problem with non-believers, you confuse God with man. As far as I am concerned God shows him/herself on a daily basis, maybe not in the "flesh" but with the miracles I see everyday.

What YOU fail to realise is not all theists are Christians or fans of the bible or religion for that matter, I am a monotheistic woman and I am not a fan of christianity nor do I trust the bible, as it is a collections of myths! but why would I quarell with the underlining moral of the stories which is to live loving? Sure I believe this "Jesus" character's story has a few flaws that ppl overlook however the message is relevant. Same for the Koran, the Torah; etc. I do not care for religi-tards but for me God is real!

I'd rather live my life believing and if there is an Afterlife know that I'd be part of that, than be a non-believer who will have some explaining to do.
Anyone who can find a quarell with living right and believing in something devine that can be a guide is someone who is of hate.

I'm curious, what are the miracles you see everyday?

Afterlife grin what did you do with your "prior life", I mean the life you had before the present one.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2010
Human bonding, emotions, changes in weathers, the power of prayer (i am a testimony of that), the concept of birth and procreation, and even something as little as watching ants build a colony to me are examples of miracles.

Afterlife, you and I knw nothing of it, so I am not going to go there.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Human bonding, emotions, changes in weathers, the power of prayer (i am a testimony of that), the concept of birth and procreation, and even something as little as watching ants build a colony to me are examples of miracles.

Afterlife, you and I knw nothing of it, so I am not going to go there.

You using a computer is also a miracle then.

Of course you don't know anything about the afterlife, it's like that time before you were born. I'm sure you remember the prior life. The afterlife is exactly like that.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 04, 2010
Absolutely my using a computer is a miracle. Life itself is a miracle. Every part/material used to create a computer is found here on Earth provided by the Creator. Some people are ungrateful however I am not.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by 667: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2010
Absolutely my using a computer is a miracle. Life itself is a miracle. Every part/material used to create a computer is found here on Earth provided by the Creator. Some people are ungrateful however I am not.

Pass mark 100%.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Praise jeebus! Or maybe the Sun. grin
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by MaiSuya(m): 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

which one be [i]monotheism [/i]again?
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2010
, Even jesus had an answer to doubting Thomas. Incontrovertible evidence. A rarity in our times.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by alaper: 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2010
It is not easy to be an atheist. "You can hardly find one man in ten thousand that has the goodness of heart, or the strength of mind to be an atheist". --Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by manmustwac(m): 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Afterlife, you and I know nothing of it, so I am not going to go there.

Since you've just admitted that you don't know anything about the afterlife then how do you know if it even exists? Sorry MzDarkSkin we have to go there. You use your five senses to say there is an afterlife but what of the beforelife? Do you have any knowledge of that? There was no beforelife so there will be no afterlife. Unless someone famous like Lady Diana or Michael Jackson decides to come back to planet earth from this supposedly afterlife i will never believe it.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by jmaine: 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
Most Atheist at a point in time come to acknowledge the sad level of their ignorance but it is often too late. Even the bible as old as it is and what people will say was written by illiterates ( Your deluded minds says so) concurred years latter with the evolutionary theory you so much prefer above other things. Look at Charles Darwin evo theory patterns and the creation story in the book genesis of the Holy bible. The same bible said that a thousands years in man eyes is like a day before God. You all say you want prove of God's existence , it's like saying that the wind is not of this Earth since you don't know and can point to it's source but you can feel it impacts.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by harakiri(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
jmaine:

Most Atheist at a point in time come to acknowledge the sad level of their ignorance but it is often too late. Even the bible as old as it is and what people will say was written by illiterates ( Your deluded minds says so) concurred years latter with the evolutionary theory you so much prefer above other things. Look at Charles Darwin evo theory patterns and the creation story in the book genesis of the Holy bible. The same bible said that a thousands years in man eyes is like a day before God. You all say you want prove of God's existence , it's like saying that the wind is not of this Earth since you don't know and can point to it's source but you can feel it impacts.

@bolded (in your dreams man. . .lol)

Do you have even one iota/atom/fragment/microbe/element or electron of proof showing the credibility of the bible you are so reveled with? Apart from what you have been spoon fed with and brainwashed with from child hood till now. . .what else? Any concrete proof that it was written by your almighty omnipotent god? The god of Isaac and Jacob? If the white man hadn't come, wouldn't you still believe in Amadioha,Sango and Obatala? Have you seen him, heard him or spoken to him before? Is not what you are fed with every Sunday that you're spewing here? Do you know how many hundreds of contradictions that your "holy book" of stories and myths has?

Hmmm?

Nothing?

Abeg, go sidon make pipo hia word!

I freaking hate retards! ! !
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Playera(f): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
Quoting from “Locke: An Essay Concerning Human Understanding: 6th Edition In Chapter X Locke lays out how we can be sure of the existence of God. I will not go into the details of his argument here, but do think it of interest to pick out two key points that lie at the heart of his reasoning and which I think are philosophically flawed. The first is that it is inconceivable that there was ever a time when there was nothing – for this he appeals to our intuitive certainty that “bare nothing” could not possibly produce any real being. Thus there must be an eternal being “since what was not from eternity, had a beginning, and what had a beginning, must be produced by something else.” He goes on to reason that “the eternal source then of all being must also be the source and original of all power; and so this eternal being must be also the most powerful” and also must be a “knowing intelligent being,” as there is no other way that humans, who are knowing intelligent beings themselves, could have come into existence:””Yeah! Preach evolution. Where did the first atom or energy or cell come from?  Why has science not fabricated a single atom. Say we believe in the big bang, did the big bang just begin without a cause. How could something come from nothing? So is 0 +0 = 1.   Of course not.    It is an enigma the more you search the more you become confused.  It is by faith and faith alone that anyone would comprehend the idea of an existing God because the highest IQ cannot figure it out.  How can all system be suspended as if hanging from a thread the solar system the organs of the body.  Why is there division of labor in the healing of a wound.  So please explain and there are immeasurable questions unanswered.

If you believe in god, and he turns out to exist then you obviously have made a wise choice; however, if he does not exist and you still believe in him, then you then you would have lived with a good set of rules; but if you don’t believe in him and he does exist, then you would have made the worst choice. The word faith is about God. However religion is personal between one and their God if they believe in God or between one and their belief.  How could something come from nothing like the big bang.   Does it make practical sense.  Putting belief in God aside, all life began from a single cell so where did the first cell come from.  Please explain.  
I live in the western world and what I see is a group of people who want to be different rather set themselves apart from the rest of us commoners claiming they do not believe in God.  While deep down inside them they really have a lot of questions*******.   personal observation and opinion.  I could be wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No More Christmas For Me! / Abuja Pastor, Apostle Joshua Talena Kissing Wife During A Church Program / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.