Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? (5369 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by KAG: 1:05am On Oct 03, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

"THE [empty-headed] fool has said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt and evil are they, and doing abominable iniquity; there is none who does good."

In my 'nigbati' translation it puts it more succintly as "a mad (crazy or kolo- mental) man says in his heart that there is no God"

But the righteous say it aloud that there is no God.

Here are 10 facts why atheism is proved to be absurd.

And this is by:

1. The existence of the universe.
2. The constitution of the body.

What about them? How do they PROVE atheism is absurd? Heck, how are they even evidence against atheism? Don't be shy, please be as detailed as possible.

3. The innumerable living creatures in existence, each one so perfect and intricate as to make all chance of its coming into existence automatically, an impossibility.

Perfect and intricate? Harlequin babies say otherwise; poor unfortunate beings who have been blessed with perfectly designed diseases, defects and handicaps that have maimed, killed or destroyed any chance of living fulfilling lives say you're being ignorant and/or naive.

Furthermore, um, you know life has been around for a long time, yes? I'd wager that a couple billions of years of continued evolution and living is more than enough time to account for the innumerable living creatures. If you truly know otherwise, show your work - preferably in mathematical format.

4. The Character of God's work.

Ah! You forget, though, there is no God; ergo, there can't be a character of said God's work. In any case, what tangible evidence do you have to show that there is indeed a character to the - as yet - unevidenced beings work?

5. The preservation and government of all creations. To think that all things came into existence and are being governed by themselves is folly.

Why?

6. It's ungodly mockery.

What is? Atheism? Okay, if you say so. How does that prove it's absurd.

7. It's powerlessness to help a man to better himself and others.

Nonsense. Concepts and philosophical leanings of atheists and atheism have been to know to foster goodwill and encourage lofty ideals. For example, many atheists, knowing that this life is all that there is and joy, love and happiness make this life beautiful, try to ensure that even a small taste of that is enjoyed by as many people as they can possibly reach. Different types of humanists are another examples.

8. It's degrading and immoral influence.

You're confusing atheism with the fundamentalist practices in the Abrahamic religions.

9. It's vastness of unproved claims.

Like?

10 The renouncing of it by it's followers in times of affliction and death. Sir Francis Newport, Voltaire, Tom Paine, David Hume, Altamont, Ethan Allen, Thomas Hobbes and many others pleaded for mercy from God and regretted their atheism in their dying hour.

Yay! For a second there I was worried that you wouldn't at least try to blatantly "lie for Jesus" at least once. By the way, you forgot to include Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein, Adolf Hitler, Albert Camus and Richard Dawkins (he's not dead yet, but there's no reason to preemptively lie).

The bottomline of all these ideologies that I 'lumped together' earlier is the belief in the big bang theory, the evolutionary theory and natural selection and the theory of eugenics which are the common denominations that binds them together.

Untrue. There were atheists centuries before any of those theories were formulated. Also, eugenics doesn't belong.

The latest name that they have developed now is the secular humanism which is now a religion responsible for all the degrading and immoral influence as well as the devaluation of human lives in our society today. This is the main reason that the secular governments in the western world are against Mugabe of Zimbabwe because of his stance against homosexualism in their constitution. Nigeria I believe has not been able to pass the homosexualism bill into law because of this reason.

Wow! Just wow. I have to know, do all Christoans believe that, or is this your own brand of crazy ignorance? I sense a new thread coming.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by ricadelide(m): 9:08am On Oct 03, 2007
@nferyn, dtw_sola, English1 et al
dtw_sola:

English1, you may want to recheck the definition of atheist. Atheists do not believe in deities of any sort. Simple as that.

I personally am a humanist agnostic, who just believes that all the major world religions are false, yet I have not completely ruled out the possibility of the existence of a god.

AND

nferyn:

Quite a lot of people are reluctant to categorise themselves as atheists because of the - very successful I must say - campaign by theists to define atheism as an active rejection of God, which is only one type of atheism. You can make a typology of belief systems on two axes: knowledge (of the existence of God) and belief (in the existence of God).
On the belief axis, you have:
* atheism: the lack of belief in (a) deit(y)(ies)

I observed the posts by English1 and dtw_sola deciding not to comment. Then i noticed nferyn appear with his rod of correction. However i think it would be fair if i raised some issues that naturally fall out from your statements.

Its obvious that you take issues dtw_sola because of the clause in his statement that he "has not completely ruled out the possibility of the existence of God" and thus his unwillingness to append the 'atheist' nametag to himself, thus you were quick to insinuate that it was entirely unncessary. Although you might say that your intent was to 'correct' his definition of atheism which is not really the case because your definitions are the same. And in that light, i wonder why you had to robe theists into it, considering that it is you guys who keep shifting definitions because there is no logically justifiable premise on which to maintain the 'athiest' appellation. Let me ignore the fact that i could provide a dictionary definition of atheism that is different from what you put up above however and concentrate on your definition.

The problems with the alternative(s) you profer readily pop out. You say atheism is the 'lack of belief in a diety(ies)'. That's a very safe position to take. Lack of belief. Let's personalize that definition so that it doesn't just rest in the air of abstraction. The first issue that comes to my mind though is this: is that a passive lack of belief or an active one? If it is an active one (ie you believe that there is no God(s) or that God(s) do(es) not exist), how does that differ from what theists have criticized, with its inherent logical inconsistencies? Are you trying to delineate that which is believed from that which is proferred as fact?

Of course its passive, you'd say. Afterall, you're trying to make a distinction from what 'true' atheism constitutes as distinguished from what christians have tried to label atheism as. So you redefine it to mean a lack of belief in God rather than an active denial of God.
Then the other issue that arises is; is it a lack of belief in God or the lack of belief in[b] the existence of [/b] God? - the two are very different, and i notice that you equivocate on those definitions in your post. The latter is equivalent to a belief in the non-existence of God and is no way passive.

And as per the former, first off, many creatures and even things, lack a belief in God. My laptop lacks belief in God, and i guess my cat probably did (i can't be sure; i didnt ask him). It might be wise also to note that they do lack a belief in quantum physics. What then? Can i then call my cat an atheist? Even bringing it home to Homo sapiens, are babies atheists? That is a very vague definition of atheism and is at best a retreat to agnostism.
I also remember my days in the roman catholic church as a young boy, although i never did doubt the existence of God (i think i've always been a theist), yet i did not believe in God. What then would you have called me; an atheistic theist?

I could make a lot of analogies from your 'definition'. It follows that if atheism is to be defined as "a lack of belief in a deity(ies)" then it is unwarranted for you to 'correct' dtw_sola when he introduces his "i've not ruled out the possibility of the existence of God" clause, because, if anything, his position is more honest (and logical) than yours. Beleiving in the non-existence of God is not the same as lacking a belief in God. Atheism is not agnosticsm, and even if/when you qualify atheism with agnosticsm, by implication (of your definitions) it is tautological. Furthermore, for all its worth, your definition can be expanded/extrapolated to "i do not believe in God(s) whether or not he/they exist(s)" So much for passivity.

dtw_sola's position, although i don't agree with him, is still a more honest (and albeit logical) position. And your 'correction' is unwarranted. And i do pray he (and you notwithstanding) eventually attains the knowlege of and belief in God that I and many others have, by His grace, attained. Cheers smiley
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by KAG: 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2007
Aladunni:

i will be grateful for an answer but if not,, all i know is that,
OLAADEGBU:

KAG is in the best position to answer that question. wink

In that case, no, contrary to Ray Comfort's extremely dire apologetics, the banana isn't the atheist's nightmare.

By the way, I just realised that coconuts and pineapples are the theist's nightmare. Through reasons directly opposite to Comfort's, they prove that there couldn't have been a designer. FTW.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2007
It was G.K. Chesterton who rightly stated, "If there were no God, there would be no atheists." A thinking person will tell you that it's impossible to prove that God doesn't exist. Before someone can say, "There is no God," he or she needs to have all knowledge — because somewhere in the universe there may be evidence that God does exist. And there is, right under our noses. A building is proof there was a builder. A painting is proof there was a painter, and creation is absolute proof that there was and is a Creator. The question is, are you good enough to go to Heaven? Here's how to know: Have you ever lied (even once) or stolen (regardless of value)? Have you ever used God's name in vain, or had sexual thoughts about someone to whom you are not married? Have you ever hated someone? If you said yes to those questions, on Judgment Day God will see you as a lying thief, a blasphemer, an adulterer, and even a murderer. Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart," and Scripture also says that if you hate someone, you are a murderer. This is the Bible's warning — if God gives you justice on Judgment Day, you will end up in Hell. Forever. Not believing in something won't make it go away. You need to be forgiven before that day, and because God is rich in mercy He made a way for you to be clean in His sight: "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Jesus suffered and died on the cross, taking the punishment for your sins. He paid your fine in His life's blood, so that you could leave the courtroom. Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Your death sentence can be commuted. Please, come to your senses— repent and trust in Jesus, and God will forgive you and grant you eternal life. Pray something like: "Dear God, please forgive my sins (name them). I turn from them and trust Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. In His name I pray. Amen." Then read the Bible daily and obey what you read (see John 14:21). Now go to www.livingwaters.com and click on "Save Yourself Some Pain."
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by KAG: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

It was G.K. Chesterton who rightly stated, "If there were no God, there would be no atheists."

And if there were no gremlins, orcs, and a supehero that came from Krypton, there'd be no a-gremlins, a-orcs, and a-Superman. We know that the idea of something has to be created first before we believe or disbelieve what has been presented

A thinking person will tell you that it's impossible to prove that God doesn't exist.

It's not impossible; it's just a darned sight difficult when the definition of God, when not severely lacking, is extremely unstable or virtully useless. It also doesn't help when the evidence for any God's existence is intangible and often not even evidence.

Before someone can say, "There is no God," he or she needs to have all knowledge — because somewhere in the universe there may be evidence that God does exist.

Not quite. First, no, you don't need to have all knowledge to actively disbelive in the existence of God - you just need enough knowledge to be able to weigh up the concepts of and evidence for the various Gods that have been presented.

Second, while it's possible that evidence for a God - particularly, in this instance, the Christian God - exists in some as yet unknown part of the Universe, you have to see that it contradicts the idea of the Gods wanting humans to know them and how it sort of defeats the notion of an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being, no?

And there is, right under our noses. A building is proof there was a builder. A painting is proof there was a painter, and creation is absolute proof that there was and is a Creator.

What creation? Mountains are evidence that natural processes occur, snowflakes - pretty little things that they are - are evidence that nature needs no little invisible-snowflake making men. That's the way it is. Natural.

[snip]

Since there are no Gods, all of that is totally unnecessary.

P.S. Look, I'm sure you're a decent guy when you're not copy/pasting and ignoring any counter-arguments to your extensive copy/pastes, but I have tell you that dismal apologetics laced with so many inaccuracies, filled with ridiculous points, only serve in alienating the people you're pretending you're trying to reach. Just my two pence.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by nferyn(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2007
ricadelide:

@nferyn, dtw_sola, English1 et al
English1, you may want to recheck the definition of atheist. Atheists do not believe in deities of any sort. Simple as that.

I personally am a humanist agnostic, who just believes that all the major world religions are false, yet I have not completely ruled out the possibility of the existence of a god.
AND
Quite a lot of people are reluctant to categorise themselves as atheists because of the - very successful I must say - campaign by theists to define atheism as an active rejection of God, which is only one type of atheism. You can make a typology of belief systems on two axes: knowledge (of the existence of God) and belief (in the existence of God).
On the belief axis, you have:
* atheism: the lack of belief in (a) deit(y)(ies)

I observed the posts by English1 and dtw_sola deciding not to comment. Then i noticed nferyn appear with his rod of correction. However i think it would be fair if i raised some issues that naturally fall out from your statements.

Its obvious that you take issues dtw_sola because of the clause in his statement that he "has not completely ruled out the possibility of the existence of God" and thus his unwillingness to append the 'atheist' nametag to himself, thus you were quick to insinuate that it was entirely unncessary. Although you might say that your intent was to 'correct' his definition of atheism which is not really the case because your definitions are the same.
It was never my intention to correct anyone. The only thing I wanted to do was clarifying that atheism does not necessarily imply the active rejection of deities and that you can be both an atheist and an agnostic at the same time.

ricadelide:

And in that light, i wonder why you had to robe theists into it, considering that it is you guys who keep shifting definitions because there is no logically justifiable premise on which to maintain the 'athiest' appellation.
You're implying a lot of things here without saying very much. My contention is that the common (let's call it 'dictionary') definition of atheism is determined by the perception of theists. In a culture that is mainly theistic, the general population will attach a lot of unwarranted connotations to the atheist label and because of that some atheists really are afraid to call themselves atheists. This isn't very much so in Europe, but in the US and definitely in Nigeria, that's definitely the case.

ricadelide:

Let me ignore the fact that i could provide a dictionary definition of atheism that is different from what you put up above however and concentrate on your definition.
That's exactly my problem: others define what atheism is. most explicit atheists (and definitely contemporary atheist philosophers) will go for my definition.

ricadelide:

The problems with the alternative(s) you profer readily pop out. You say atheism is the 'lack of belief in a diety(ies)'. That's a very safe position to take.
Possibly, but whether or not it is 'safe' is irrelevant. It is a correct definition

ricadelide:

Lack of belief. Let's personalize that definition so that it doesn't just rest in the air of abstraction. The first issue that comes to my mind though is this: is that a passive lack of belief or an active one? If it is an active one (ie you believe that there is no God(s) or that God(s) do(es) not exist), how does that differ from what theists have criticized, with its inherent logical inconsistencies?
Which logical inconsistencies?

ricadelide:

Are you trying to delineate that which is believed from that which is proferred as fact?
Sorry but I'm not follwing your train of thought.

ricadelide:

Of course its passive, you'd say. Afterall, you're trying to make a distinction from what 'true' atheism constitutes as distinguished from what christians have tried to label atheism as. So you redefine it to mean a lack of belief in God rather than an active denial of God.
See, once more it's me that 'redefines' things. You don't seem to understand that an active denial implies the conceptual validity of what is denied, which would mean that our simpleton OLAADEGBU is right and that by definition true atheists cannot exist.

ricadelide:

Then the other issue that arises is; is it a lack of belief in God or the lack of belief in[b] the existence of [/b] God? - the two are very different, and i notice that you equivocate on those definitions in your post. The latter is equivalent to a belief in the non-existence of God and is no way passive.
I could have been more precise and called it the lack of belief in the existence of God(s), but that really doesn't matter all that much. Epistemologically, it definitely is not equivalent to an active denial of God. I can actively deny or disbelieve in the existence of a specific God, but not the amorphous, ever changing God of the apologists.

ricadelide:

And as per the former, first off, many creatures and even things, lack a belief in God. My laptop lacks belief in God, and i guess my cat probably did (i can't be sure; i didnt ask him). It might be wise also to note that they do lack a belief in quantum physics. What then? Can i then call my cat an atheist?
You could, indeed. Your cat is an implicit atheist. I on the other hand am an explicit atheist and so are all the people that call themselves atheists.

ricadelide:

Even bringing it home to Homo sapiens, are babies atheists? That is a very vague definition of atheism and is at best a retreat to agnostism.
No it isn't vague at all. (a)theism deals with belief, (a)gnosticism deals with knowledge and you can both be agnostic and atheist.

ricadelide:

I also remember my days in the roman catholic church as a young boy, although i never did doubt the existence of God (i think i've always been a theist), yet i did not believe in God. What then would you have called me; an atheistic theist?
I have already clarified my position. Belief in here means belief in the existence of.

ricadelide:

I could make a lot of analogies from your 'definition'. It follows that if atheism is to be defined as "a lack of belief in a deity(ies)" then it is unwarranted for you to 'correct' dtw_sola when he introduces his "i've not ruled out the possibility of the existence of God" clause,
I wasn't correcting him at all, I was just trying to bring more clarify to the terminology used. there is no axis that goes from atheism over agnosticism over pantheism over deism to theism.

ricadelide:

because, if anything, his position is more honest (and logical) than yours. Beleiving in the non-existence of God is not the same as lacking a belief in God. Atheism is not agnosticsm, and even if/when you qualify atheism with agnosticsm, by implication (of your definitions) it is tautological.
You seem to be unwilling to understand that I do not say that atheism equals agnosticism, both deal with different aspects of the God-question.

ricadelide:

Furthermore, for all its worth, your definition can be expanded/extrapolated to "i do not believe in God(s) whether or not he/they exist(s)" So much for passivity.
Epistemologically there are significant, qualitative differences between the two positions, but as far as practical consequences are concerned, they amount to the same thing, yes. What you should understand is that, when dealing with the truth value of a proposition, your epistemological position is paramount in determining the validity of your argument. Equivocating the two is simply dishonest.

ricadelide:

dtw_sola's position, although i don't agree with him, is still a more honest (and albeit logical) position. And your 'correction' is unwarranted.
As I said, I wasn't correcting but clarifying. I do not disagree with dtw_sola's and to be frank, your implication of dishonesty on my part is uncalled for.

ricadelide:

And i do pray he (and you notwithstanding) eventually attains the knowlege of and belief in God that I and many others have, by His grace, attained. Cheers smiley
Your concern is quite charming and as you should know by now, I really want to understand your position, but assertion and smug disregard for my position isn't going to bridge the gap between us. At the very least you are respectful enough to have a real conversation. Something that cannot be said about people like OLAADEGBU .
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2007
Nferyn is Dawkin's disciple, he wont change. grin
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nushi77: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2007
The Book of Life

Foreword
My beloved brethren and fellow creatures of God, the time is fulfilled: your salvation is at hand; believe the gospel of the grace of God. Then again, one cannot be made to believe what his conscience has not convicted him to believe: therefore every one, at some point, shall be convicted of the truth. Now is the time when both Jew and Greek, religion and science, though varying, yet unidirectional, merge at their source of light. And for the benefit of the scientific mind, this gospel is written, encompassing the varying perspectives.

What is the Gospel, and what is Truth? Gospel means Good News; and Truth shall unfold in the text. What is the news; and what makes it good? To understand the news, you must first understand Good; and this is the point where science and religion come to meet: the point of light. There is an eternal conscious energy force known to man as God, or Life, whose very core is a glorious light known as Love, and by whom the universe was created; even then this force once laid dormant: and in its dormancy, a negative void known as darkness pervaded space, encircling the atom containing this energy. If the light that is God was darkness; what good is that darkness?

An atomic fission occurred within, (as does the energy known as the Sun), generating a combustive living energy (Exodus 24: 17 and Hebrews 12: 29) known as Consciousness, or Light (thus, When God speaks, man, in his natural sensory, hears thunder): which perception was good. Darkness is a void, and light is a presence: thus in the absence of light, darkness pervades: in the absence of knowledge, ignorance pervades. Upon the emergence of consciousness, awareness came of the depravity of this negative void (Darkness, or, Death); and the process of transforming this negative void into a positive presence became relevant; thus conceiving a formula, which formula became known as The Word.

As was with God in the beginning (Genesis 1: 2), man, the expressive image of God, was encompassed by darkness; but through times have received deliberate flashes of light, giving him some form of hope in what might seem to him as a hopeless and discouraging state of being, yet through which comes wisdom and knowledge. The good news (gospel) is the revelation (unfolding) of those things that have been kept a mystery by design.
Creation is still in the making process: consciousness is still unfolding subconsciously; and all, at their varying appointed times, shall unfold incontrovertibly; acquiring perfect knowledge through experiencing the once unknown. Man can learn nothing except by allowing himself (yet directed by God) to explore consciousness beyond the apprehensive limit of his fear. Being made in the image of God, you cannot limit yourself below that which was set for you: for God found himself by not having inhibitions; in this found he wisdom: attaining true knowledge. Likewise shall all his creatures come to the conscious awareness of their true being: Divine Lights.

Every thing you see (all matter, and all transpirations) has its roots in the unseen world: (as man lives in constant motion in the seen world, so also is his spirit constantly in motion in the unseen world; at point of sleep, he transcends the seen into the unseen: the spirit never sleeps): the forms may change (vary), even as the trees; yet the essence remains the same. All matter originates and exist by virtue of a force: and this force exist out of a conscious (intelligent) energy known to man as God. Consciousness is the bases of all life, and the field of all possibilities; its nature is to unfold exponentially to its fullness: and the attainment of this fullness is the reconciliation of all of its molecules wholly to it (him), the source, even God.

Consciousness (Light) is limitless (unconstrainable); neither is there separation in consciousness, though it takes both the positive and the negative (two separate entities) to manifest it (light): for it is incontrovertible, regardless of how you self-justifyingly slice or dice it: for though malice may attack it, and ignorance may deride it; but in the end, there it is: unequivocal. And because consciousness has been proven, hence belief. It is one thing to believe; it is yet another thing (an experience) to see through the mind’s eye (perceiving beyond the flesh) that which you believe. For you cannot have faith in something non-existent: you have true faith only because that which you believe has been proven. It costs nothing to move from faith to sight: yet it is priceless to see, perceptively, the unseen.

All things you see, perceive, and believe, are limitable: these limitations are governed by emotional variableness (fear), prevalent due to an awareness of the unseen (unknown) world; preventing you from exploring consciousness beyond the apprehensive limit of fear.
Apprehensive limits serve as a gauge, a deterrent, and a test; yet implied by the prejudices of tradition (one’s social environment). And this emotional variableness known as Fear causes you to be apprehensive of the immutably pure and endearing emotion known as Love, which energy is emitted from the source of consciousness.

All feelings (emotional states) are transmittable (influential), being inter-connected: one’s emotional state is simply an extension of another’s; as emotional current flows through each and every element, all being filaments (reactors) of electrical current; and being a strand in this filament-web, the current that runs through the filament affects each strand equally, yet at varying times, according to the directional flow of current (energy). And this energy emanates from the source, which source is God, even as the brain sends signals through the nerves to all parts of the body. Therefore there is no Self, but a conglomerate of multifaceted molecules: filaments.

Find freedom in learning that the elements that surround you (in both realms), and the way in which they affect your outer being, are set up to refine your inner being (the true you) into a perfect holy spirit-being (Holy Ghost). Fear comes through ignorance; but in discerning the timeline (time allotment) of the outer being, and the timelessness (eternalness) of the inner being, fear then is excommunicated. For once all matter (outer beings) become extinct, then death (time limiter: constrainer) becomes powerless: destroyed.

But then, due to the bondage of fear, (as fear is the catalyst of self), man strives with himself against the freedom to learn that of which he is. To which I ask: Do you stop for a minute to wonder within if that which you suppose you know is the fullest knowledge: the end of all learning? For if it was, you would know the mystery of God, which obviously has remained veiled to man by divine design; to be revealed as denoted in Revelation 10: 7 and 3: 17-20, and in both the Qu’ran and the Torah. True knowledge is to recognize the extent of one’s own ignorance: for until you become reconciled to the source of consciousness, you know only that which was allowed you: (see Job 38: 11, 28: 21, and 11: 6-12). You do not know what you need not know; but at each appointed time you shall know what you need to know, as there is a preordained time for all things. To a simplified (humble) living, the law of the universe has no bearing.
As to the unfolding of the divine mysteries, the power and the wisdom of God, discern its relativity to the first and to the last comings: for thus it is written, Unto all who are called, Jews (at the first) and Greeks (the West, at the last), is Christ the power of God (at the first), and the wisdom of God (at the last: In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge). For the Jews (at the first) require a sign (hence the miracles), and the Greeks (the West) seek after wisdom (practical discernment: scientific relativity): but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling-block, and to the Greeks foolishness (supposing to know, yet reveling in ignorance).

The birth of man is the beginning of his sorrows, as he enters a world of delusion. The longer he lives in it, the more deluded he becomes, as his anxiety to avoid unavoidable death becomes more and more acute: thus he invents age-defying processes, anxiously reaching for that which is out of reach: when all he has to do is be. His thirst for survival in the future makes him incapable of living in the present: thus he says to the Holy Spirit who is directing his life’s steps, “Not now, I am busy”, (preoccupied with worthless matter, which is subject to time). Thus he must be born again: not once, but twice (John 3: 5). For unless you become as a little child, you cannot perceive the things of the kingdom of heaven (the unseen world).

Being born again by the word (water, as in John 3: 5 and Ephesians 5: 26) does not mean hearing the gospel and professing John 3: 16; but awakening to Christ through the word (wisdom). And awakening is not seeing new things (elements of nature) or receiving enlightening insights: it is the fluorescence of one in the light of true consciousness: for the mystery of life is not a problem to be solved (for the equation has been solved); but a reality to be experienced. It is finding yourself in a new vista, from where you look back at the path you have walked, and the being that you were. From this point you evolve into perfection, upon your translation.

The energy of the sun is like unto the spirit: discern the sun in its cycle, and relate it to the spirit: for it is one with the cycle of consciousness. At reconciliation, the incandescent is transformed into a fluorescent: at which point one no longer is a filament, but becomes a radiant (Spirit). What good then is the delusive ornament he strives to nourish while as yet an element in his refining process?
Man lives a life he cannot see, in a world which though he sees, yet does not perceive, nor comprehend; as, in his haste, being preoccupied with his deluded goals, nature blurrily goes by. If he cannot see the elements of nature, which are before his eyes, how then can he perceive the things which cannot be seen (of the unseen world)? The forces of the unseen world direct the elements of the seen (natural) world. That which you see, which you experience, is simply a reflection of what the real you, the spirit, is going through in the unseen world: for the outer being bears the burdens of the inner being (see Psalm 84: 2, 42: 1&2, and 63: 1&2). All you have to do is be; submitting to the power that directs your very steps through your making process: for it is God which is working in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure; thus it is foolish to resist.

The world’s current state of polarity is the preparing of man for the unfolding of truth. In your making, the outer being bears the burden of the inner being, until he realizes the foolishness of bearing such worthless burdens, and finds the simple resolve of the inner being unto reconciliation to his true being: finding one’s corporate membership (see 2nd Peter 1: 19 and Malachi 4: 2). It does not matter what you asseveratingly hold as truth: what matters is what IS (I AM). Thus the end of all exploration is to know the beginning.

In today’s world, time has become man’s master: time was not created to rule you, but to keep you abreast. The flesh is limited in time, but the spirit is timeless. Man wastes much energy and life force striving with time; and this is simply because his main concern is about the time constrained flesh he is snared in, instead of the timeless and priceless spirit that is his true being. When you allow time to dictate your choice and state of being, you limit yourself to a restrained world governed by man, who himself is governed by the idol of Self, and so on in an endless cycle of bondage (enslavement).

There is a time and season for all things: but only as a point of reference in the unfolding mystery of consciousness; unto the fullness of divine illumination, at the point of reconciliation to the source of conscious energy. Submit to the fashioning of your inner being, and allow it to guide your outer being through its allotted time. Believe in that which you are being fashioned to become; and learn who you are, and the reason and beginning of your being.
Wisdom states, The fear (awesomeness) of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge. If you start with God, you will understand all things; but if you rely on man’s ingenuity, you will be snared in confusion, confoundedly. Now discern creation:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth (two kingdoms: fashioned after his image): a foreword to creation and its making. For the purpose of creating the earth came by virtue of the dual image of God, and the pervasion of darkness: for in the beginning darkness pervaded the face of the deep (space), which deep is wisdom, which wisdom is God; therefore knowledge was, at this point, non-existent; as God could not perceive his wisdom: thus, conscious of his dual image, positive and negative, he commanded light to be, and he became: thus perceiving (unveiling) his wisdom.

With this transpiration came knowledge: for God then saw (learned of) the light (the wisdom of conscious energy), that it was good: thereby realizing the evilness of darkness; and began the process of eliminating (separating) darkness from his being: discern Proverbs 3: 19. Thus, in the beginning, Genesis 1 referred to him as God; but upon perceiving his wisdom, attaining knowledge through creation, and separating himself, he then became the LORD God, which regard began in Genesis 2: 4. Discern Exodus 3: 14 as written in Hebrew: EHEYEH ASHER EHEYEH; meaning, I WILL BE THAT WHICH I WILL BE: (wholly Holy: upon full reconciliation).

It is written, It is God which works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure: for you are that part of him pervaded by darkness. That which God is doing in you, he is doing for his good pleasure, in transforming his eternal body (which members of you are: see Ephesians 2: 21&22) into his chosen likeness (Holy: Light). God became aware of his dual nature, and realized the dark side of his being (the negative) was preeminent, overshadowing his positive side. As with a battery, to generate light, you must connect to both the positive and the negative: thus, to generate light, God connected unto his twain image (as denoted in Isaiah 45: 7, and in Ephesians 2: 15: For to make in himself of twain one new man). Having learned the goodness of light, through which wisdom came to life (came alive), God began to conceive (create) the process with which to completely cleanse (separate: rid) himself from the evil of darkness.
To cleanse a contaminated absorbable object, you must break it down into little particles (molecules), and run them through a chemical purification process (refinement): thus God broke his body down, through the process of reproduction, into molecules known as man; setting each one, being intrinsic members of the whole, on a purification course known as Afflictive Tribulation, in a laboratory known as the World, through a painstaking and longsuffering process of purifying each member, using natural elements that reactively affect man’s chemical balance, in reforming the complete body. And the conception of the method by which God broke down his body he conceived through creation; and he started by separating wisdom (symbolized as water): the spiritual from the worldly.

Now discern this parable, as presented by Buddhist folklore: Two traveling monks reached a river, where they met a young woman, who, being weary of the current, asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated; but the other monk quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, and transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him, and departed. As the monks continued on their way, the one monk was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence longer, he spoke out, saying, “Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that woman up on your shoulders and carried her.” “Brother,” said the second monk, “I sat her down on the other side, but you are still carrying her.” Do not allow legalism to distort righteous love, even God’s righteousness.

And now discern this mystery in Joshua 3: 2-4: It came to pass after three days, that the officers went through the host; and they commanded the people, saying, When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then you shall remove from your place, and go after it (follow). Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure (about two thousand years between the first and the last comings, signified by the two cherubims shadowing the Mercyseat): come not near unto it (but observe it as you follow), that you may know the way by which you must go: for you have not passed this way heretofore (prior). And understand that the Jordan river empties into the Dead Sea: therefore crossing it is overcoming it in purification, as all shall do by grace: as denoted in verse 17.
Back to the refining process: To commence on this process, the refinery (the natural world) had to be built, and the elements (perils) put in place, and then the body had to be biologically broken down into molecules in the refinery, to be sent through the process, and reformed back in purity (holiness) as whole, ready to be reconciled to the head: thereby making the LORD God wholly Holy.

The refinery had to have its by-laws, known as World Wisdom; thus the waters (wisdom) were divided: the spiritual to the heavens (the unseen world), and the natural to the earth (the seen world: carnality). But then, as was with the spiritual at the beginning, the wisdom of the natural had to start from zero: hence Dry land. And after this came the concept of reproduction: thus the vegetation was created, each having seed and bearing fruit, whose seed was in itself. Then came the elements and chemicals (gases) required to furnish the refinery. After which came the concept of flesh in the conception of the mammals (starting with the whales), and the concept of the angels (as with the fowls of the air). After which God then made man in his image as Adam (male and female), and then commenced the process of refinement unto perfecting his eternal body as Holy, rid of all impurities (all darkness).

Now understand this, No man, being lost to self (ego), can be made to learn what he does not want to learn: if pressured, he might learn of it, but he will not know it. Only when he seeks to know it will he make the commitment to learn it. It is something you find from within, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, of whom you are; yet experience from without, as the Spirit directs your steps. If you are grounded on the foundation of the scriptures and Christ, as many claim to be, you should be able to discern any text (doctrine) without fear, and perceive what is or isn’t (truth): such a one is weaned from the milk. In the war of life, fear always brings with it false hope: but true hope can only be found in love. Right before the end, fear might present a form of false victory; but at the very end, love overcomes, thereby putting fear to shame, to the glory of love.

The mystery regarding life is that as the righteous work of God unfolds, so do the secrets of life; but as you cannot see dough rising, so also can you not see God’s righteous work as it unfolds: thus it might seem to the naked eye as if nothing is changing.
The soul will have attained the fullness of incontrovertible consciousness; yet it will seem as if there’s been no change. The power of the world to come is being transmuted in all; yet it cannot be perceived in its mutation: in the end, all shall find themselves perfected. Thus it is written, Whosoever shall fall on this stone (Love), which the builders rejected (being self-righteous), shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Thus Paul confessed, saying: For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father (God) of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, (being one with him), that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, (in keeping with his righteousness), to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man (the true you); that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith, (as you also become transformed into Christ: Love); that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints the very breadth, length, depth, and height (of the mystery of the righteous work of God); and to know the love of Christ, (which is manifested unto all, to become permeated in all), which surpasses knowledge, (which fullness of, man, in his conceit, is yet to know), that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.

But to be filled with the fullness of God, you must apprehend first the knowledge of his righteous work; for which Paul confessed, Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended, (yet many seem to think they have no need for further knowledge of the kingdom of God; supposing to know all there is to know; ignorant of their unclothedness): but this one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind, (leaving behind that which has been fulfilled), and reaching forth unto those things which are before (ahead), I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

You are a greater witness than the literal word when you become the word. There comes a time in your transmutation when you internalize (embody) the scriptures (Word), even as did Jesus: this is what being born of the word (water) is; and after this you are on your way to be born of the Holy Spirit as Holy Ghost, after the similitude of Christ: (John 3: 5 and Romans 1: 4). And now discern the gospel of the kingdom of God as it unfolds; for which course you were told, Seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness.

Preface

Dearly beloved of the Father in heaven: be you Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Moslem, or of any other faith, or heathen; grace to you, and peace be unto you. Though you segregate yourselves confoundedly, yet know that you are all heirs of the one true and faithful God. Deep within, you believe there is a greater being, though you see him not: this is faith, implanted within all; and his essence is your very being, making all equally precious. And the foundation of every faith is called Christ: indicated symbolically in the beliefs of each faith, in varying terms; else there is no faith. For each name (term) used to identify each faith simply means Believer.

O straying precious sheep; the reason for the knowledge you have always sought of life, and of God, is being made manifest unto you, to the end that you be reconciled to God in his living likeness. Therefore be of good cheer: for your Salvation is at the door: even the last (Omega). For by grace are you saved through faith; and not of yourselves: but the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast; but of the quickening of the Spirit: for you were once dead in sins against God, and in trespasses against each other; and when you were yet dead in sins, were you quickened together with Christ, by whose grace you are saved from sin, looking unto the finish, the peace offering, unto reconciliation: for your works cannot perfect you, being flawed. This is the exceeding greatness of the power and wisdom of God toward all who believe in him (both faithful and heathen). And in this shall the sacrifice of the Gentiles also be acceptable: the marriage supper: being sanctified by the Holy Ghost: for the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly.

And, though being sanctified of the Spirit in the consolation; yet, as ordained, only through much travail shall you enter into the kingdom of God, after the order of the first begotten, being fellow heirs: thus partakers of the sufferings of the great tribulation, the travail of birth, which God spoke of by the mouth of his holy prophets. For, while you feel at home in the flesh, you are absent from the LORD: therefore mortify the flesh daily, that the Spirit might be prevalent in you. For as they that knew Christ after the flesh knew him no more after the flesh, but after the Spirit; so must you also no longer glorify the flesh, that the soul might be glorified.
Of the consolation: O Bethlehem Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall (is) he come forth to me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting (preordained). Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she (Zion) which travails has brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren (Gentiles) shall return unto the children of Israel (as a body of believers). And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. And this man shall be the peace (Salem) when the Assyrian shall come into our land (into the land of Ephraim: US): when he shall tread in our palaces (even the towers).

Peter said to you: Repent, all of you, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the LORD; and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached to you, (which mystery is significantly hidden within the doctrine of all faiths): whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Therefore discern this sign of the time, you who suppose that the kingdom of God should immediately appear: The kingdom of God is likened to a certain nobleman who went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return: yet know that as a snare shall his return be. For the kingdom of God comes not with observation: neither shall they say, Look, there he comes! for he would already be in your midst. For as the lightening, that lightens one part under heaven (the first), and shines also unto the other part under heaven (the last); so shall also the Son of man be in his day. To he that has perception: Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: he that opens up to me shall receive of me the bread of life from above.

*He that alters the words of this testimony, or sells this book for personal gain, seeks to exalt his idolatrous self, and is in danger of experiencing the wrath. As you receive freely of the wisdom and knowledge of God, so also pass on freely unto your brethren.

This book can be accessed on line at: www.thetestament.com
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58am On Oct 08, 2007
[b]16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them[/b].

Romans 1:16-32
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2007
Evolutionary racism

The false belief system of evolution has been used since its inception to dull people to the moral absolutes of Scripture, whether justifying Nazism, Stalinism, the abortion holocaust, indifference to starvation in Africa, or the maltreatment of indigenous people.

A letter-writer to a newspaper in 1880, incensed by the treatment of his fellow man, stated:

‘This, in plain language, is how we deal with the aborigines: On occupying new territory the aboriginal inhabitants are treated exactly in the same way as the wild beasts or birds the settlers may find there. Their lives and their property, the nets, canoes, and weapons which represent as much labor to them as the stock and buildings of the white settler, are held by the Europeans as being at their absolute disposal. Their goods are taken, their children forcibly stolen, their women carried away, entirely at the caprice of white men. The least show of resistance is answered by a rifle bullet … [those] who fancied the amusement have murdered, ravished, and robbed the blacks without let or hindrance. Not only have they been unchecked, but the Government of the colony has been always at hand to save them from the consequences of their crime.’

God’s Word has always stated that He has ‘made of one blood [i.e. from one man, Adam] all nations of men’ (Acts 17:26, cf. 1 Cor. 15:45). The answer to racism is in Genesis, which tells us that all people are closely related.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i4/racism.asp

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v14/i4/aboriginal.asp

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v5/i3/aboriginal.asp
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2007
Apartheid and ‘The Cradle of Humankind’

"Many told me how amazed they were at how they had been ‘brainwashed’ away from the simple truth of Genesis. One very pale-skinned lady said that her world would never look the same again, just from finding this out. She was especially taken with the revelation that we all have the same pigment (melanin) in our skin, eyes and hair. It was also easy to show that Adam and Eve could not have looked like the average European, but in fact were most probably the ultimate example of ‘racial (pre)mixing’! "

People did not evolve in Africa or anywhere else, but descended from Adam and Eve; and beyond that, Noah’s family.  Science confirms that we are all, indeed, closely related. The cure for evolution-inspired racism in any country is not more evolution, but a realization of the biblical truth that we are all immensely closely related, and equally made in God’s image.  And we all need to come into a right relationship with our Creator through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v26/i2/apartheid.asp
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Oct 08, 2007
The Holocaust and evolution

Contemplating the atrocities in East Timor, Kosovo, Bosnia, and Rwanda, many have wondered if the murderers could be brought to justice. But then, whose justice? This question was faced half a century ago when Nazi leaders were tried at Nuremberg after WWII. As Hitler was dead, Hermann Göring was the top surviving Nazi on trial. He claimed that the Nazis were on trial only because they lost the war, not because they were guilty of any crime—a trial of the victors over the vanquished.  After all, the Nazis’ own laws permitted persecution of the Jews.

"But how can there be an absolute moral law without an absolute moral Lawgiver? Jesus Himself noted in Mt. 15:19 that evil actions are always preceded by evil thoughts, and they come from a corrupt ‘heart’ [/color][color=#990000](in biblical imagery the seat of the intellect and will). And before they committed their monstrous evils, the Nazi régime had already developed a corrupt way of thinking that excluded the commandments of God."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v22/i1/holocaust.asp

The central policy of Hitler’s administration was the development and implementation of policies designed to protect the ‘superior race’. This required at the very least preventing the ‘inferior races’ from mixing with those judged superior, in order to reduce contamination of the latter’s gene pool. The ‘superior race’ belief was based on the theory of group inequality within each species, a major presumption and requirement of Darwin’s original ‘survival of the fittest’ theory. This philosophy culminated in the ‘final solution’, the extermination of approximately six million Jews and four million other people who belonged to what German scientists judged as ‘inferior races’.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v13/i2/nazi.asp
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2007
Darwin thought natives were advanced animals

Charles Darwin visited the rugged land of Tierra del Fuego at the tip of South America. The natives there, then numbering about 7,000, have since died out, but because of their very simple way of life, Darwin and others believed they were far less evolved than European man. He is quoted as writing: ‘the difference between a Tierra del Fuegian and a European is greater than between a Tierra del Fuegian and a beast.’

‘They were true men as much as he [Darwin] was, with full intellectual faculties and spiritual qualities that they did not show to casual passers-by. If Darwin could misjudge a living ‘specimen’ with whom he could communicate, what trammels are there to restrain the speculation of an ardent evolutionist (and his artist associate) over a few broken bones?’

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v16/i1/darwin.asp
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Oct 08, 2007
Evolution of the Hutu-Tutsi slayings

The historical background to the almost unimaginably brutal massacres in Rwanda is, not surprisingly, considerably complex. However, at least one of the factors involved was identified by an authoritative documentary on the subject as evolutionary racism—in this case, promulgated by theistic evolutionism.

"As in so many other parts of the world, if people had adhered to the true biblical history of mankind, which indicates that we are all closely related descendants of Noah (Acts 17:26), such barbaric ideas as some ‘races’ being more (or less) evolved than others would never have gained ground."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v21/i2/slayings.asp
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2007
The fallacy of racism

"The evolutionary view that life can evolve to ‘higher’ levels provides fuel for racist attitudes. The Bible, on the other hand, clearly shows the fallacy of racism."

"The Bible, teaches in the first chapter of Genesis that God created the heavens and the earth, and all life upon it. There is no evidence to show that man’s existence came about in any other way. The theory of evolution is based on assumption and misinformation."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i1/racism.asp
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by KAG: 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Evolutionary racism

The false belief system of evolution has been used since its inception to dull people to the moral absolutes of Scripture, whether justifying Nazism,

That's a lie.

Stalinism,

A lie

the abortion holocaust, indifference to starvation in Africa, or the maltreatment of indigenous people.

Lie, lie and more lies.

God’s Word has always stated that He has ‘made of one blood [i.e. from one man, Adam] all nations of men’ (Acts 17:26, cf. 1 Cor. 15:45). The answer to racism is in Genesis, which tells us that all people are closely related.

by Carl Wieland

Unless, of course, you're a member of the KKK, a White supremacist, or just one of the clery that managed to find Biblical verses to support racism and slavery.

The rest of your posts can be rebutted with a few lines: Darwin was racist, the theory of evolution is not. Eugenics was stupid; it's not evolution. Blaming the theory of evolution for all those instances of racism and apartheid is not only disingenuous, it's bordering on delusional, then again, it is AiG.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Oct 27, 2007
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 Peter 3:2-18
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2008
Aladunni:

@ OLAADEGBU
please is it true that bananas pursue original atheists? just wish to know

Since evolutionists and atheists believe that because we share about 95% of our DNA with apes and that makes them their closest cousins.  Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas, does that make us half bananas?    Jonathan Sarfati (PhD Genetic information)
‘Lots of genes are common to many creatures; ban­anas, for instance, share 50% of their genes with humans. But it’s how the genes are regulated that makes a bat a bat and a cat a cat. We don’t understand this very well at all in science. The so-called “junk” DNA is probably involved in that somehow. There are layers of additional complexity that we are only just discovering—codes within codes as it were.’ - Dr Dudly Eirich

Closeness in DNA with apes is the evidence of a common designer who designed similar structures for similar purposes.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v1/n2/human-and-chimp-dna
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2008
Atheists can not disprove (or prove) the existence of God.

They cannot defend their position. I wonder why they continue being atheists!!
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2008
G.K. Chesterton put it succintly right by saying and I quote "If there were no God, there would be no atheists."
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by KAG: 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2008
imhotep:

Atheists can not disprove (or prove) the existence of God.

They cannot defend their position. I wonder why they continue being atheists!!

We've been over this before.

OLAADEGBU:

G.K. Chesterton put it succintly right by saying and I quote "If there were no God, there would be no atheists."

You've either misquoted Chesterton or he's gotten it wrong. What he probably meant to say was: if there were no conception of a god, there would be no atheists.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
KAG:
We've been over this before

Yes indeed. No knowledge is wasted.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by KAG: 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2008
imhotep:

Yes indeed. No knowledge is wasted.

Okay? I wonder why, then, you are carrying on with the same old canard.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2008
KAG:
Okay? I wonder why, then, you are carrying on with the same old canard.
Old? Not old. But everlasting truth. I will write an article on this and email it to you.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by KAG: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2008
imhotep:

Old? Not old.

It's not just old, it's tired.

But everlasting truth.

Now that is dogmatic

I will write an article on this and email it to you.

You don't have my email address.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2008
KAG:

Now that is dogmatic

You don't have my email address.

Truth does not tire, my brother. Truth may or may not be dogmatic.

As for your email, well, I will post it on this forum for you to peruse.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by olabowale(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Nferyn:
It was never my intention to correct anyone. The only thing I wanted to do was clarifying that atheism does not necessarily imply the active rejection of deities and that you can be both an atheist and an agnostic at the same time.
Both classes of disbelief will end up in Hellfire, on the day where there is no where to hide and things are laid bare. You may not believe it now. I bet a fetus in the mother's womb will not believe a there is something called an automobiles, even though, in the womb, it can hear the hunking and the other sounds that come from the running engines. By the way am a Muslim.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by stimulus(m): 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2008
olabowale:

By the way am a Great One.

You're a Muslim, not a "Great One".
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by olabowale(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2008
@OlaAdegbu:
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
This is more of a tribalist god that True God, the Creator of all Things. From 21 above, we can see that some will claim that they glorify God, but truly they do not. It is only in their wrong imagination that they think that they do. See that the Creature is different and separate from God? No human, that ever walked this heart, whether born of just one parent, or brought about with any parent, could ever be God. They are all creatures.

I asked everyone, especially the Christians among mankind, when you truly have this verse 25 in your Book along with Mark 12 Verse 29, why then you serve Jesus and call him your God?

.Romans 1:16-32

@Stimulus: Talk to Seun Osewa. I did not make it up. He is the one running a program to change "Muslim" to whatever. Yet I am not a Christian, Jew or other form of disbelieving.
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by stimulus(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Stimulus: Talk to Seun Osewa. I did not make it up. He is the one running a program to change "Great One" to whatever. Yet I am not a Christian, Jew or other form of disbelieving.

Lol, I don't need to talk to Seun, as you can see that I'm able to take care of what I write. grin If one of your brethren had not "talked to" Seun about the possible reaction adherents of the peace of Islam, we would not be seeing this political derailment!

olabowale:

I asked everyone, especially the Christians among mankind, when you truly have this verse 25 in your Book along with Mark 12 Verse 29, why then you serve Jesus and call him your God?

We have also invited you to a discussion/debate on the same issue - why then have you always ducked that invitation?

BTW, go again and look at what the prophets called Him; then look at what He called Himself; and you'll understand why Christians do not have to take Muhammed's word in denial as the truth. For a start, did Muhammed know God as FATHER - the same confession as we read in the revelations of the Biblical prophets? grin
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
@olabowale
If All@h is so kind and merciful, why does he 'rule' by declaring fatwas, distributing death threats and beheading people?
Re: Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? by Gamine(f): 8:28pm On Feb 13, 2008
Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions and genealogies and contentions, and strivings about the Law, for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10 After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy,
Tit 3:11 knowing that he who is such has been perverted, and sins, being self-condemned.

Christians take heed o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Nigerian Churches Were Banks / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? / Evolutionist Please Explain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.