Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? (1484 Views)

Buhari's Government Has Worsened Nigeria's Economy-Soludo / Obasanjo’s Exit Worsened PDP Crisis — Daniel / I Didn't Say Buhari's Administration Worsened Insurgency --- Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
At the advent of the present regime, there was a sharp rise in the supply of electricity to most part of Lagos Metropolis. The improved supply was attributed to a lot of factors such as increased rainfall, less sabotage of gas pipelines and a serious approach to work from staff of PHCN and the Discos( power distribution company).
Some people attributed the increased power supply to the body language and no-nonsense personality, PMB potrayed.

Since it is generally accepted that power supply improves drastically during the rainy season and falls during the dry season therefore, as the rain withdraws gradually power in my area has worsened. From a peak 16-22 hrs per day in August, we barely have close to 8 hrs power supply now.Area is Gbagada, same for some other parts of Lagos like Surulere where it has dropped to 12 hrs per day or lower with outrageous bills.

I hope it is better in other areas, please share
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Ahzyz(m): 12:01am On Oct 04, 2015
@apapa ijora here I swear we use light more than 16 hours.

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by djcliff(m): 12:03am On Oct 04, 2015
dear, tank God 4 ur situation oh! 4 Zaria( sabo) na #ba ruwa ba wuta# more than one week! the matter wey u see so e heavy 4 mouth.
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 04, 2015
No light for like 3 days o... shey no b say body odour don dey finish cool

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by francbadoo: 12:41am On Oct 04, 2015
Obadore area along Lasu igando road for lagos state neva get light for the past one week now and the worst of the matter be say we dey share light one day on one day off chaiiii!!!
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by DaBullIT(m): 1:11am On Oct 04, 2015
Nigerians with i-deserve it mentality

The reason why you probably don't have power is because non of you bothered to inform PHCN , Mr A expects Mr B to go and complain at NEPA's office and PHCN staffs are not psychics, if you don't go to them, there's no way they'll know there's a problem on your phase / transformer

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by donholy28(m): 3:19am On Oct 04, 2015
For the first time since i can remember... no light for 3 days straight..wtf!!!
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Aromas: 4:17am On Oct 04, 2015
Is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf dat Nigerians are enjoying electricity. For dos complaining, go check una transmitter or transformer o.

4 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by LordMecuzy(m): 4:22am On Oct 04, 2015
There's light everywhere......
Those complaining here mostly don't pay bills or faulty Transformers

4 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Kingsley1000(m): 4:33am On Oct 04, 2015
light has been stable......... buhari's body language is communicating

3 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Nkemtreasure: 5:06am On Oct 04, 2015
DaBullIT:

The reason why you probably don't have power is because non of you bothered to inform PHCN , Mr A expects Mr B to go and complain at NEPA's office and PHCN staffs are not psychics, if you don't go to them, there's no way they'll know there's a problem on your phase / transformer

True. but what about my area where the NEPA office near my house, using the same line have been using GENERATOR? We had power last on Sep 30th night -Oct 1 Morning after about 4 days of outage. Today, we are entering the 4th day of this outage. NEPA know when there is no outage in an area especially when other surrounding areas have supply. I stay in Owerri (Akanchawa) were we have the highest supply in town. The truth is that I am just SPEECHLESS

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by meezynetwork(m): 5:21am On Oct 04, 2015
for the past one week, no light in many parts of Delta state.
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by chukel(m): 5:29am On Oct 04, 2015
Nkemtreasure:

True. but what about my area where the NEPA office near my house, using the same line have been using GENERATOR? We had power last on Sep 30th night -Oct 1 Morning after about 4 days of outage. Today, we are entering the 4th day of this outage. NEPA know when there is no outage in an area especially when other surrounding areas have supply. I stay in Owerri (Akanchawa) were we have the highest supply in town. The truth is that I am just SPEECHLESS
heat you are experiencing is exactly same with us in bayelsa. Heard from reliable source, there was massive vandalism at alaoji. So let's be patient till complete repairs are done.
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by pet4ril(f): 5:33am On Oct 04, 2015
Somehow, maybe yes and maybe no
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Iykopee(m): 5:50am On Oct 04, 2015
The TRUTH is, Nigerians are not enjoying anytin as steady power supply. One needs to step outta this country and confirm power situations in other countries before appraising home situation. I can't claim to have power supply in this rythm, 3 days on, 5 days off. It's disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by iluvnaija: 6:04am On Oct 04, 2015
Omo! See inside fridge dey block sef not to talk of freezer!

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Elummah(m): 6:09am On Oct 04, 2015
k
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by warrior01: 6:11am On Oct 04, 2015
No light had to sleep with the Gen on till now.
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2015
I stay in surulere and am yet to observe the so-called improvements.When i hear people say they no longer use Gen only wonder what is really happening

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by larrymoore(m): 6:29am On Oct 04, 2015
DaBullIT:

Do they need to be reminded to render the service they were being paid for? I guess you are a staff of phcn

2 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by omenka(m): 6:51am On Oct 04, 2015
crixtex:
No light for like 3 days o... shey no b say body odour don dey finish cool
Very stale.

Down at my area, I must admit there's been a marginal drop in daily supply and voltage. Used to be about 21hrs on the average about a month ago, now it's dropped to say 16.

Not cool.

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 04, 2015
omenka:
Very stale.

Down at my area, I must admit there's been a marginal drop in daily supply and voltage. Used to be about 21hrs on the average about a month ago, now it's dropped to say 16.

Not cool.
Lool... my joy is seeing Apc warriors defending... it sweetens my heart like white cake... even though I know Buhari is trying, I wanna make Apc guys tremble
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by chudionu58(f): 7:18am On Oct 04, 2015
crixtex:

Lool... my joy is seeing Apc warriors defending... it sweetens my heart like white cake... even though I know Buhari is trying, I wanna make Apc guys tremble
Has Shell lifted their "force majeure" on the transforcados export line?.... that's the remote cause.
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Legitbaba(m): 7:39am On Oct 04, 2015
No light in ma Area for close to 3 weeks Now.... Rumuolumeni area of PH...abeg PH pple make una cme help me oo...weda na only ma area...
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by dazdilijae(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2015
DaBullIT:

I said in another trend earlier nd the OP was arguing with me in Graceland area of Zaria we ve not seen light for over 20days I personally has even gone 2 d KEDC office over 5times. I even promised too sue if bill is brought 4 September, stop defending what you don't know even in ur small house if u r using generator and a section of the building suddenly loses power u wld notice it talk less of a grid. I guess d euphoria of Mr integrity's hype is gradually been demystified n returning to business as usual

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by seunfly: 8:30am On Oct 04, 2015
If we credit it to raining season, my question is, does is it mean rain don't fall under Jonathan?
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by slaughter(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2015
The truth is that no government can achieve stable electricity in Nigeria by either giving billions of Naira to PHCN or using a body language, because some government officials and their relatives makes more money from the darkness either by selling generating set or fuel to be sold at the filling stations and most of this type of business are owned by either politicians or their relatives. Nevertheless, PMB body Language can not solve power problem,the only solution is just one policy statement which is " Buildings without Prepaid meter are exempted from paying bills " since the senate has move against the collection of N750 service charge even if u lock ur door and travel for years this move is a good idea and it will make the policy work,(1) PHCN will be forced to install prepaid meter for all (2) they will be forced to generate power to make money from these meters (3) the era of crazy bill will die a natural death (4) Consumer will not bother themselves calling PHCN for faulty transformer or faulty power outage ..... But this policy statement might be difficult to make because most people that bought PHCN are those that sponsors politician to power....

3 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by iokpebholo: 8:43am On Oct 04, 2015
Aromas:
Is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf dat Nigerians are enjoying electricity. For dos complaining, go check una transmitter or transformer o.
Eya kpele but I never see light for d last week here in calabar oh
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by blackfase(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2015
Trust nigerian agencies to head straight back to Egypt after any IGG (initial gra gra). They hav studied d mood on ground & hav started to relapse back to d status quo. Funny enough, d fg has not really come out to make any instructive public comments to d power companies about d power situation.
Meanwhile, light in my area (badagry)?....been pathetic for more than 15 years & still counting.....
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Aromas: 8:49am On Oct 04, 2015
iokpebholo:
Eya kpele but I never see light for d last week here in calabar oh
Sorry 4d missed out but for we in Ekiti State and Southwest in general at least we enjoy what we stand for in terms of political calculation grin Not upto 24hours thou it has improve.
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
APC fooling Nigerians with propaganda since 2014. No light, no visible economic policies, increase in terrorism.

Power always improve during rainy season but the propaganda party made gullible Nigerians feel is the body odor of Buhari.
Re: Has Electricity Worsened Or Improved In Your Area? by DMerciful(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Oga...so you think several people will get disconnected the same time and it will not reflect in PHCN metering devices? There is decrease in power supply and you do not need a soothsayer for this. undecided
DaBullIT:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cooking Gas Home Delivery In Port Harcourt / The 13 Techniques Used In Propaganda / APC Hails Inko-tariah’s Courage In “dumping Wike’s Sinking Ship”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.