Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com (39144 Views)

Biafra: INM Calls For Probe As Group Fingers Obiano, Ekweremadu As Kanu Sponsors / Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey / Buhari Confronts Jonathan With His ‘sins’: New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by 2ts: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Anytime this unscrupulous elements mention BRF's name on the issue of corruption, it tickles My fancy and makes me react. It so sad that this group headed by whoever is blind to other corrupt leaders in Nigeria and the only person their television of witch hunt sees is who it wants to hunt.

Nigeria is corrupt. you, I mean you the author of this piece can't deny a hand in the corruption of this country and I am sure you eat corruption and drink corruption.

If u call Fashola a thief, what are u going to call his predecessors?

If Fashola's Lagos is a role model for for states that had little or no development in the last 8 years and we call him a thief then the Governor of states that didn't perform should be hanged and you should champion it.

BRF stole our money in Lagos an we are happy some state Governors stole their citizens money and yet they are not happy.

I wonder where people like you were when our 20b got missing in Nigeria.

Fashola will become a Minister and there is nothing you or your sponsors can do about it.

Get a job, this media area boy will not pay u. I respect BRF and I am a #brfdiehard.
I am sure people like you are mere political thugs who gets paid peanut to tarnish image.

Fashola for minister.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by kankada: 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
PMB will need to purch EFCC and ICPC first both are partner in the business of corruption they have no excuse not investigate any issue brought to them for such a long time the man may be innocent & a pontential gud team member of the PMB cabinet but for the fact he has not been proof Innocent raise too many questions on his integrity giving Nigerian expectations from the PMB govt the best thing for PMB is to keep him aside to save the integrity of his govt. I rest my cause.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by hedonistic: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
shaddoww:
They are directing their petition to d wrong place, they should av directed it to d EFCC, cos he will av a hitch free screening since he also has three senators from Lagos in his kitty

The sort of stuuupid thing you bloody hypocrites like to say. What gives you the impression that they haven't sent this petition long ago to the EFCC, and in any case, what stops the EFCC from acting on such strong evidence-based allegations that are conspicuous in the public domain? Must the EFCC be directly addressed or pestered before they do their job? Or is it only when the powers that be instruct them to go against political opponents that they suddenly become active?

You people are just disgusting with your hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Btruth: 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
This is not good @ all. sad

It won't be nice if we don't have Fashola on that list. Anyway, we can't do anything if he can't be there because of corruption cases against him. All we want is a very dedicated people to lead us through this turbulent that we are going through in Nigeria now. No one is really clean afterall.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Episteme2(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Truth be told, a professional and subtle polithiefian like Fashola should be feared more than those whose 'thiefing' proclivities are glaring. Fashola is just like a proverbial rat that eats your unwashed hands while sleeping at night and at the same time blows you cool air so that you won't wake up. There is no worse act of corruption in office than inflating the costs of contracts. While the unsuspecting masses praised you for the contracts you awarded and executed, you indirectly used the inflated cost to enrich yourself. That's both stealing and corruption.
We may wish to lend our voice to this group's concerns especially when the touted criterion for ministerial nominees is ''near-cleanliness'' or incorruptiblility.
For people like Fashola, Amechi, Fayemi and the likes to be taken serious in course of doing their job, they have to as a matter of necessity submit themselves to EFCC for clearance.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by teadrake(m): 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Rexology:

"Fashola might be corrupt but that does not justify his ineffectiveness in serving as a Minister" Are you seriously serious about this your submission?
Just a pretext sire
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Obijulius: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
Typical APC SUPPORTER.

SORRY for the harsh word though.

How market. No money to bet. Na just talk I get.

lonelydora:

Im a supporter of PMB, mind you. But, we go bet? 500k each. Are you game?

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by OkoAnike(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
The enemy @ home are after Fashola..... Huummmm, the that groom are still the same looking for their down fall, weither they like it or not, Fashola will be minister.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Take this shit to court please....
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by godwin120alex: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
If PMB is to be taken serious he must disasociate himself from pple dat have cases to answer. And don't see any reason after waiting for 4mths he still cannot get it right.Ameachi did not handover,he removed everything in govt house,he was invited to d tribunal yet he did not come. @PMB yet you see nothing wrong in wat he has done.@PMB we are watching you.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by teepain: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
While I appreciate the work that Fashola did in Lagos i would appreciate if he is excused from this list pending the investigation of the alleged corruption by the agencies empowered to investigate such.

However, while I appreciate the whistleblowers' role being played by CACOL in this case, I do not understand why it is difficult for CACOL to campaign for Bukola Saraki to step down as the Senate president while undergoing trial for alleged corruption as well.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by alexlee50: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
egift:
Until they institute a case in a competent court against Amaechi and Fashola, else the two will be minister. The Wailing PDP can keep barking at the sky for nothing, it will not stop them.
point of correction, na APC dey fight fashola
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Reference(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
Can we now see why corruption can never be eradicated, why it is not the biggest problem in Nigeria and why EVERYONE is involved including President Buhari, simply because as a country we cannot decide what, who, where, how corruption in. By the time the Buhari regime was overthrown some of the serving ministers had become multi-millionaires in dollar terms (names on request) right under his nose. Even his number 2 will not pass muster in today's asset declaration regime. We knew then, we know now. The thing doesn't just work. Just wasting their time.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by ojosam29: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Pls allow Fashola leave him alone his a new creature.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
teadrake:
Fashola might be corrupt,but that doesn't Justify his ineffectiveness in serving as a minister of the federal republic. We need people like fashola to chair the works department,with PMB supervision,am sure very agencies will perform.

What if Buhari says diezani is corrupt but that doesn't justify her effectiveness in serving as a minister, how will that go down with you?

What I'm just trying to say is that most of you APC are just insincere and you never really wanted change. You just want your political party or tribe in power. It is easy to attack PDP but when APC do the same thing you sugar coat it and give reasons why they shouldn't be condemned

The problem of Nigeria is not the government but the citizens

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by abbey621(m): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
Out of all the names on the Ministerial list, one would think Fashola would be among the top candidates based on caliber. There's hardly any Governor in the history of Nigeria that would match up to his accomplishment. Even with the overwhelming greed of Tinubu demanding 50% of all income in Lagos State, this man overcame all odds, stuck to his principles and made sure truly that Eko o ni baaje! Sure he's not perfect but Lagos before him was a mess and now after him it is manageable. This man is stubborn, very tactful and knows how to get the job done, he would fit in perfectly with PMB's administration.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by webshopng1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
eh ee ;eave my gorvernor alone o

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by chris51(f): 9:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
People can write petition to high heavens if they like.
Our interest is that Fashola and Amaechi are very competent and will perform greatly.
Forget about looting under PMB, he is not GEJ.
Its no longer business as usual

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by chris51(f): 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
chris51:
People can write petition to high heavens if they like.
Our interest is that Fashola and Amaechi are very competent and will perform greatly.
Forget about looting under PMB, he is not GEJ.
Its no longer business as usual
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
egift:
Until they institute a case in a competent court against Amaechi and Fashola, else the two will be minister. The Wailing PDP can keep barking at the sky for nothing, it will not stop them.
There is no competent court in nigeria.Do you remember how a court acquitted former gov of delta in nigeria and jail in u.k?Do you also know how a former court of Appeal judge is working for tinubu?
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by biltem: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Who are these faceless CACOL.

am sure they are the same set of destructive elements in Lagos that Fashola stepped on their toes or he refused to allow them to eat deep into Lagos purse.

By God's grace Fashola shall overcome them.

All Nigerian know very well that Fashola Administration remains the Administration to be beaten. Let those faceless give us their name and picture and see how Lagos residents will react to them.

let me use this opportunity to caution those that are behind this act to stop or they will meet the wrath of people and God.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Boss13: 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
I hold no sentiment against Fashola, but I must remain objective to the best of my ability. As a tax paying resident of Lagos, Fashola succeed in pocketing the media, who should have served as the conscience of the people. Fashola's administration was filled with propagandas, myopic, invisible and incomplete projects.

For Nigerians who do not reside in Lagos, reading these propagandas on newspaper would presume Lagos is the new London. Fashola planned a lot of things and many of them only appears in dreams. What hurts the most is the support he gets especially from the media. I know there is weak opposition in Lagos, shown vividly by their consistent loss of elections and regular fight for monies sent from Abuja. However, the media would have been honest enough to let the public know the true stances of Lagos.

As an admirer of Buhari and his unflinching promise to curb corruption, I am shocked he is nominating both Fashola and Amaechi as ministers. Honestly, I wonder how the two of them scaled through the rigorous DSS security screening the media and the president's aides had made us, the public, to believe. I am yet to form an opnion because the ministerial list is yet to be made public, but I am shocked on the basis of the speculation going around on those two men.

I support CACOL's petitions. They have been submitting petitions on Fashola for long and nothing was done on them. We cannot continue with politicians who are out to foster their political career and massage their ego. Nigerians need change and truly deserve change, hence we need technocrats who have never held public office in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by lonelydora: 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
Obijulius:
Typical APC SUPPORTER.

SORRY for the harsh word though.

How market. No money to bet. Na just talk I get.

Okay bros. Well done. How was your day and how's madam?
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by neocortex: 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
deebsman1:
The useless Debo guy is being used by some interests to victimize Fash baba's emergence as a minister, but by Gods grace, their plans shall never work out and soon the guys (debo's) sponsors shall be exposed and all of them brought to shame together......if #78m is all they can have against Fash baba for 8 years of sitting on top billions albeit trillions, then Fash is a saint. Enemies of progress.

Why do you love corruption so much ?
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by 49cents(m): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nigeria's problem is tribalsim

SW and North speaks of one Nigeria becos of the NIGER DELTA OIL RESOURSCES

FASHOLA IS NOTHING BUT THIEF

HE ISNT EVEN AN OMOLUWABI BY THE THE YORUBA ASSESSMENT

BUHARI SHOULD BE BEWARE OF GEJS MISTAKE, THIS IS HIS LAST CHANCE TO UNDO THE ILLS WHICH HIM AND HIS MILITIRICIAN COLLEAGUES DID TO NIGERIA
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by SKYQUEST(m): 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
Love covers multitude of sin. Once you are loved nothing can ever be held against you. They will even excuse you corruption. But once you are hated, you will be eaten raw at the slightest provocation. Ask Diezeni M.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by mikolo80: 1:02am On Oct 06, 2015
Dannyset:
Anybody that is not worth the Office shouldn't get it. Fashola is good but if he's got issues hanging on his head and his people doesn't want him to represent them, so be it. But I won't just forget the Koro issue so soon. despite how Lagosians and Senators agitated against him, our Senators still confirmed him.
why are you contradicting yourself like a wailer
you say he is good but not worth it
so only bad ppl are worth it ba
is there any politician without something hanging on their head
he is not representing his people
he serves the president
legislators are the one that represent,thats why they have electio
ministers not elected,
you're educated , do not be misleading ppl
illitrates look up to ppl like you
and your public comments have weight and meaning
thank goodness you used your own example
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by Draye: 2:55am On Oct 06, 2015
Honestly much as I hate corrupt politicians and my love for fashola, CACOL has not made any point in this publication at all hence they need further home work and hard work to convince us why fashola should not be appointed as a minister. Stealing just 78million is just too petty an allegation and frivolous against fashola let them come up with more weighty allegations and. Mind bugling with facts not just long correspondence from efcc and icpc
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by newspostng(m): 4:14am On Oct 06, 2015
na wa

Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by cmdrbond: 6:27am On Oct 06, 2015
And this CACOL group has Fashola as the only corrupt Leader in their books or am I the one that has not been following up on their activities It is eqaully interesting that they find their voices only during political development such as this. SMH.
Re: Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com by tonyobj(m): 7:44am On Oct 06, 2015
CACOL is being sponsored by Fashola's detractors. How many people who read this post reside in Lagos? Let's talk about roads... Fashola embarked on a huge project with road construction in Lagos state, with contractors working day and night. These contracts suddenly stopped after the new govt entered. We voted for continuity in Lagos and 5 months down the line everything is stagnant. No local govt elections yet either. Let's call a spade a digging tool and not a kitchen tool... Give kudos to whom kudos is due. Fashola is no saint, but he worked. Kudos to him. CACOL is only seeking attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) / Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.