Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial (16506 Views)

Saraki And Dogara Meet With Buhari At Abuja House In London (Photo) / Senators Pray over Saraki's Victory At The CCT (Photos) / At This Point Only God Can Save Buhari – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by kokoA(m): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2015
Nigeria sef. undecided Which one is "political solution" again? Dem say person lie, the person say I no lie, Oya prove say you no lie. Simple! Wetin bring politics join dis mata now?
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by webshopng1(m): 8:15am On Oct 06, 2015
k

Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by modath(f): 8:23am On Oct 06, 2015
frankyychiji:
Lolzzz...spare me your hysteria modath. You can be a slave or wailer or masturbator or even Buharis wife if you wish, these are not the crux of the matter under review. A constitutional process took place and Saraki became SP. Since then, neither the godfather, godson, god-daughter or godchild in Apc has slept. cheesy

God being my witness, i didn't have any horse in the race but was rooting for Saraki though cos of the way he called national attention to the fuel subsidy scam your dear co travellers had going on &his efforts concerning the Bagega environmental plight...

You see modath, another constitutional process is taking place, why not wait for Saraki to have his day in court before adjudging him guilty? Why the media prosecution? I will say it again though it is common knowledge that Apc was not prepared for governance but were preparing for bloody legal tussle with the ruling PDP. cheesy

Did you read my initial comment, you saw my moniker & the first you thought of was to take it to the battlefield.

When Jonathan conceded defeat to Buhari, it therefore came as a big surprise to you and your co-travellers but once again, because you were not ready for governance, 3months wasn't enough for you to sit down together and agree on the way forward cheesy
I lol when Joe Igbokwe cried out that Sarakis ambition made them look unprepared for governance, but that was just the real situation.

Your hero conceded , he didn't lose,issokay, I'm not wicked, let me allow you a small measure of joy..

And don't you be going around trying to make yourself a noncommissioned army officer of Buhari's so called anti corruption campaign while embracing fashola whose successor has already tipped the world of the stench in fasholas administration cheesy
Amaechi is a known thief whether he takes a bow or not notwithstanding.
Abacha is not corrupt and so is PMB. cheesy

You see yourself? Saraki is being tried in the media but what you are saying about Fashola is what

Package a case against Fashola,& he will answer for it.. Saraki's "enemies" successfully did, which is why we are talking about him now...

I am done with this, thank you..
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2015
modath:

God being my witness, i didn't have any horse in the race but was rooting for Saraki though cos of the way he called national attention to the fuel subsidy scam your dear co travellers had going on &his efforts concerning the Bagega environmental plight...

Did you read my initial comment, you saw my moniker & the first you thought of was to take it to the battlefield.

Your hero conceded , he didn't lose,issokay, I'm not wicked, let me allow you a small measure of joy..

You see yourself? Saraki is being tried in the media but what you are saying about Fashola is what

Package a case against Fashola,& he will answer for it.. Saraki's "enemies" successfully did, which is why we are talking about him now...

When Buhari lost in 2011,did he concede defeat? Do You knw d amount of lives dat was saved becos Jonathan concede defeat unlike in 2011? Who is now d true democrat btw d 2?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by Intrepid01(m): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2015
Why is Buhari so mad with Saraki about his anti-party coup but not angry with Dogara?

Is it because Saraki's coup affected the North while Dogara's coup favoured the north?

I am just thinking in the line of the allegation of a Northern agenda Buhari has always been accused of.

Please note I am an ardent critique of the old administration and specially disliked GEJ as Prexy due to his cluelessness.
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by j4sure(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2015
To cover the case Abi
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by jaymichael(m): 9:20am On Oct 06, 2015
Baba PMB sir, though Nigerians are behind you, we are also keenly watching for any undue interference on this Saraki matter by the presidency. Sir, with all due respect, your reputation and integrity is on the radar and I won't want you to be on the wrong side of the people by letting Saraki off the hook. He should face the consequences of his actions. He that has acquired the taste for wild honey should also learn to endure the stings of wild bees.
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by onismate: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2015
tobimillar:
The problem of Nigeria is a systematic one. Abi how do u explain dogara going to mediate between PMB and saraki? OK what do u want PMB to do? To tie the hands of the law? It's time we start stoning anyone that supports corruption
If this is true, that means Dogara is a liar with all the jargon he was saying against corruption and godfatherism. why does he want to mediate. Let them allow the law to take its full action.
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2015
The only thing I got from this piece is that our law makers have no regard for the law. They are now pushing for political solution and what is that? Is political solution now the new way to fight corruption? I think we should start recalling these dudes so they can learn how to do things the right way.

There were indications that President Muhammadu Buhari and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, met on Monday night over the ongoing prosecution of the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, for alleged false asset declaration.

The meeting said to have been held late in the night.

Our correspondent learnt that Dogara had reportedly “secured a booking” to meet with Buhari at the Aso Rock Villa.

A senior official of the House told The PUNCH that the meeting was not an open affair and that nobody could gauge the mood of the President.

The official said, “I am aware that he (speaker) secured a booking to see the President this night. But, this will not be an open meeting just yet. I think he wants to first see Mr. President and inform him about the resolution of the House.

“The President’s mood will determine whether he will go on to mediate in the matter to find a political solution as advised by the House.”

The House had in a resolution passed on Wednesday, last week, asked Dogara to intervene in Saraki’s case by meeting with Buhari and the Senate President, who is also the Chairman of the National Assembly, with a view to finding a political solution to the matter.

The move by the House came soon after the Code of Conduct Bureau arraigned the Senate President before the Code of Conduct Tribunal for alleged false asset declaration.

The House had argued that a political solution could save the country the heat generated in the polity by Saraki’s trial at the CCT.

It also claimed that a matter affecting the National Assembly could indirectly be a threat to democracy.

Part of the resolution reads, “The House mandates the leadership of the House to meet with the President with a view to politically resolving all outstanding issues relating to National Assembly in the interest of Nigerians.

“Mandate the speaker to intervene in the present issues and challenges being faced by the Chairman of the National Assembly (Saraki) with a view to finding a political solution and protecting the institution of the National Assembly as a whole for the interest of our democracy.”

When contacted for comments, the Chairman, House Ad hoc Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Sani Zoro, said he could not confirm whether there would be a meeting between Buhari and Dogara.

Zoro claimed to have made efforts to reach the speaker but could not because of a meeting of the leadership of the House being held as of 4.44pm when he spoke with The PUNCH.

However, he admitted that Dogara was “eminently placed” to mediate in the issue since his position had not been “called to question by any authority as we speak.”

He added, “While I cannot confirm immediately whether there will be a meeting tonight between Mr. President and the Speaker, I will quickly say that the speaker has been involved in several reconciliation meetings within the party (All Progressives Congress) and other levels.

“It was not by mistake that the House mandated him to intervene in the current issue affecting the Senate President.

“He has been holding several reconciliation meetings.”

But, another member of Zoro’s committee confided in The PUNCH that he was aware that Dogara planned to meet with Buhari between Monday (yesterday) and Wednesday (tomorrow) over Saraki’s case.

The source said two other meetings, one with Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, and the other with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir Lawal, would precede a meeting with Buhari on Wednesday.

“He will likely meet with the VP and the SGF on Tuesday (today) before another leg of meeting with Buhari on Wednesday,” the source stated.

Buhari had said that his relationship with Saraki would be determined by the outcome of his trial by the CCT.

However, the two top officials of the government were photographed on Thursday last week at an event marking the 55th Independence anniversary of the country as they laughed and bantered.

The photograph was said to be intended to portray the two as officials who had no scores to settle.

Buhari and Saraki are said not to have held any official meeting to discuss matters of state since the latter emerged as the President of the 8th Senate on June 9 against the preferred choice of the APC, Senator Ahmad Lawan.

The current peace move being spearheaded by Dogara is coming amid the screening of Buhari’s ministerial nominees by the Senate, beginning anytime from Tuesday (today).

Saraki had on Wednesday last week confirmed the receipt of the letter containing the names of the nominees but noted that the letter would be opened at plenary on Tuesday.

With Saraki in charge of affairs, there are concerns in some quarters that the Senate President may seize the opportunity to take his pound of flesh by influencing senators to reject a number of the nominees.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-dogara-meet-over-sarakis-trial/[/quote]
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by ejihand1(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
I just need the name of a Politician who's not Corrupt.

Great zik , awolowo, tafawa balewa and ahmed bello.
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by frankyychiji(f): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2015
modath:

No you are not done. Talking about packaging a case fashola is not my duty but the duties of his godfather and successor who for reasons best known to them wants him to go into political oblivion after his tenure as governor.
I also noticed you are silent on packaging stuff for Amaechi. cheesy
Lastly, Apc was not prepared for governance because they didn't know they could out-rig the incumbent! cheesy
Apc was only preparing to make good their threat to the dogs and baboons. cheesy
The life me and you have today could be because one man whose ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian conceeded defeat to the chagrin of the war mongers. cheesy
Re: Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial by InMyOpinion(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Saraka's arrogance is just biting him back. After taking over the senate presidency in controversial circumcustances, he would just have reconciled with his party (APC) and other agrived parties when he had the opportunity by ceeding the other principal offices as was arranged- and there wouldnt have been any more noise- this is how politics is played almost everyone - instead he completely ignored everyone (I was actually suprised he didnt do that- i expected him to be smarter). I dont feel anything for or against him. I just hope he learns his lessons from this though

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: President Buhari Has Failed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Group / Who Else Is Suffering This Light Issues? / Frank: Oyegun Plotting To Sack Tinubu, Atiku From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.