Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector (24599 Views)

FRSC Commander, Andrew Kumapayi, Cuts Female Officers Hair (Photos) / When Organization Cuts Cost By Cutting Manpower (photo) / Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by passionate88: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2015
ejimogu89:
nawa oh oga buhari pls do something
You go wait tire

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by warrior01: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2015
Lose Jobs again? Sorry to the youths
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by iwaeda: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2015
I told people earlier that Buhari government may not be different from 1984; when he changed denomination and yet people in the North were still changing, even after expiration date. The economy was totally destroyed.' Corruption' is not the only problem of the world. Nigerians need to come together and have a rethink. God need to help us.

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by neocortex: 8:51am On Oct 07, 2015
Do not worry Nigerians, in the fullñess of time, Buhari's body language will create 3 million jobs per year undecided
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by hardychris(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2015
My people I think its time to leave this country for this people o!
What type of country is this? Many are jobless and they are talking nonsense here.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by idris4r83(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2015
This government just deceived the youths by promising them employment opportunities.

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by stevealibi: 8:52am On Oct 07, 2015
iyke926:
Today is my birthday. Just say a little prayer for me. Thanks

Hi

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by milky3(f): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2015
Gbese re o
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by bellville: 8:53am On Oct 07, 2015
We should step up production of raw materials. For instance, I see no reason why we should import crude palm oil. Ondo and Delta farmers should be empowered to grow more oil palm trees.

Shop for books online. Check my signature.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 07, 2015
Lilimax:
You dey mind them?

All I know is that whatever may be the situation, me and my own shall be the last man standing cool

Wen nigeria becomes like osun state, u will know where the figures came from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 07, 2015
charlesdom:
Will nigeria ever change ? But hw doea cbn(bank) affect jobs ?
another reason why our educational system is bleeped up angry

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by otokx(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2015
This is just some beer parlor write up.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Bevista: 8:57am On Oct 07, 2015
According to IndexMundi, a data portal, the domestic palm oil produced totalled 930,000 MT in 2014, while the consumption of palm oil in Nigeria amounts to 2.0 million MT per annum in exclusion of the manufacturing sector. The official figures states that the shortage in oil palm industry is estimated to be around 1.07 million MT annually.
Any smart entrepreneur should be grinning from ear to ear with this policy. Have you seen the shortfall in Palm Oil supply to local industries because of the ban? An item we can conveniently produce locally and supply the market?

Lord, please give me some money to quickly setup a Palm Oil processing plant to meet this supply gap. Any business partner in the house? I already have a well researched business plan using templates from Malaysia & Indonesia (the world's largest producers/exporters of palm oil).

The CBN policy will have temporary difficulty. But in the end, the policy is intended to promote local production, create local jobs, promote import substitution, save Foreign Exchange, etc.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Opinedecandid(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2015
Weldone Change.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by beyoncausme: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2015
henhen.. the jobs wey no dey before.....
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by hustler86(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2015
Nigeria shall be great again, we are blessed with so much natural resources which are under-utilized, but products from these same resources we have are being sold us in the name of imported goods, our steel industry, coal-minning industry, textile industry, leather processing factories to mention but few that had abandoned will rise again, India did thesame thing, today we buy india made products ranging from mobile phones to textiles and even automobiles imagine that. All we scared of is short-term hard time and this will only help our local breed engineers and scientists to research and harness the GOD's gift natural resources. #GODBLESSIGERIA ,#TEAMLETSMAKENIJAGREAT
Mind you grmmar nazis, don't miss the message looking for the mistake grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2015
APC promised us more jobs, so why making policies that make us loose more job?

APC this is unfair

Everything about APC ( Forged, scam, 419, slow, one chance, dullard etc)

Add yours!
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Ola17: 9:02am On Oct 07, 2015
embarassed
I've since stopped calling anyone a wailer because as things are going now, every honest and sincere Nigerian will 'wail' soon. This is so sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2015
For an investor this would be an opportunity to go into crude palm oil production....
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by nuelyoyo(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2015
I rooted for change in the last election, but supporting CHANGE in the last election doesn't mean I don't have to criticise PMB when I feel he is going wrong, me think he should call for the review of this forex policy, he's intentions is to fight corruption and strengthen the Naira, buh its taking a toll on employment and the turnover of firms, I heard the VP said CBN may relax the policy in the nearest future.

Also is the issue of ministerial list, I think PMB should send the remaining names and assign portfolios to all the nominees ASAP, we cannot afford to be lacking behind. I think the fuss created by the list is becoming tiring.

In all, I think there is an element of seriousness in the new administration, in four years time we will take stock of the good and bad, and decide whether to boot them out or allow them continue in office.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by naijareferee: 9:14am On Oct 07, 2015
I-wonder-the-dumb-people-in-this-institute-of-commerce-in-lagos-state-and-all-the-nay-sayers.....
From-what-i-read,all-i-could-see-are-opportunities.....
The-only-problems-is-that-we-always-want-things-to-be-very-easy....

If-i-should-ask.....

Why-should-any-nigerian-be-thinking-of-importing-some-of-the-items-listed-as-no-go-areas....
Just-imagine.....sardine..palm-oil...etal....its-pathetic

I-see-new-jobs-been-created-in-this-sectors....i-see-ajeokuta-and-other-steel-mills-rising-up-to-the-challenge....i-see-ibeto,dangote,etal-slucking-it-out-in-cement.....i-see-our-fishes-been-converted-to-canned-fishes......i-see-farmers,esp-young-farmers-usurping-the-palm-oil-production-consumption-gap.....Infact-i-see-millions-of-jobs-been-created-by-this-singular-policy.

Thumbs-up.....bubu.....Thumbs-up....Godwin-emiefele....Thumbs-u-Nigerians

Lets-brace-up-to-the-challenge.....And-fill-the-gaps

Not-a-wailer-or-a-liar..........Just-a-citizen

2 Likes

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Primegold: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2015
Sincerely, we should be able to grow our own food. Is it not a shame that in 21st century Nigeria, we are importing eggs, chicken, turkey and rice? What does it take to raise chicken, produce eggs,palm oil, etc that Nigeria with a population of 180 million people and over 30,000,000 hectares of arable land (out of which just 2.9% is under cultivation) cannot provide? We need to seriously tackle food insecurity by putting our army of unemployed youth to work and making agriculture truly attractive as a business.

In this regard, Govt at all levels will do well to grant easy access to land ownership. CBN and the commercial and development banks need to move beyond lip service and truly make funds available for lending to agriculture.Borrowers should also repay loans or be jailed. Entrepreneurs should invest in improved seedlings, modern storage facilities, agro processing factories, etc. Govt should provide motorable roads for prompt evacuation of farm produce. Businesses should get tax relief when they do backward integration to agriculture. We have the land mass, we have a clement weather, we have the people, we have the resources. What is stopping us?

Wake up Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by princejtb4real(m): 9:22am On Oct 07, 2015
Am nt surprised after all you wanted change, APC! Change, APC!! Change, APC!!! Change Nigeria from better to worse...Am nt surprised after all you wanted change, APC! Change, APC!! Change, APC!!! Change Nigeria from better to worse...Am nt surprised after all you wanted change, APC! Change, APC!! Change, APC!!! Change Nigeria from better to worse...
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by macaranta(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2015
seriously...we need a direction in this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Social Rules That May Help You Look Professional / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.