Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector (24603 Views)

FRSC Commander, Andrew Kumapayi, Cuts Female Officers Hair (Photos) / When Organization Cuts Cost By Cutting Manpower (photo) / Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by sam90s(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2015
#IgboBoysNoDeyDull... cool[/quote]
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by r2beez(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2015
omusiliyu:
Is this part of the changes the ruling party is saying.

We've entered one chance cry

It's a good thing as it will help our local firms to develop and in turn create a lasting job for our people. Take a deep thought man! [color=#000099][/color]
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by sam90s(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
Its a sorry case, 40000 Yet Cbn TSA would soon lay off most decks officers in banks. Didn't they promise employment?
Yes, they promised to plug leakages too, if you read the CBN governor's full statement regarding the reason behind his decisions, you'll realise he's on the right track, I agree it's not a consolation for those at risk of losing their job, but when huge amount of resources(funds) is being siphoned away through rent seeking practices in the finance sector and the press is crying foul just weeks into the decision, maybe he's doing something right, one need to give him a breathing space, plus we don't hear the biggest LOCAL stakeholder in manufacturing complaining.

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by engrjacuzzi: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2015
as far as I'm concern, PMB has only created 21 jobs and the sad aspect is that its the same thieves that would be address as ministers.

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by uyplus(m): 9:30am On Oct 07, 2015
So they import palm oil? Stupid idiots!! When I have 30 300L barrels of already processed crude palm oil sitting in Akpabuyo, Cross river state waiting and begging for buyers. It's high time we stop importing stupid things like this. This is just why our Forex had been falling because we we were importing just everything we could imagine, even down to toothpick, cotton bud, cotton wool, just name it!! If those manufacturers don't know the way to Enugu, Elele, Cross river, Akwa-ibom etc where a whole of palm oil is processed they should goto hell!!

3 Likes

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by josephola2(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The President Body Language would replace d 40,000 with 80,000 in 2016,Sai Baba!
. body language or body odour, we are in one chance vehicle.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by omonayemichael: 9:38am On Oct 07, 2015
Naija govt.una no want make we chop again,aba Buhari,u no promise us sey na d garri wy we dy drink u wan cun pound sand,wel if una lyke mak una clos al our company,i go stil dy fat,cus d papa wy dy feed na d king of kings and government of al governments.

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by chesterlee(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2015
Buhari has finished us!!!

Where is the change!
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by kelvine(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2015
I am proud to be called a wailer in this administration.
I bring to mind the scripture that says
"Blessed are they that mourn(wail), for they shall be comforted"
When the roof of your house is on fire you should scream for help then take necessary steps.
We shouldn't sit back and watch things spoil when we can cry for help.

Ola17:
embarassed
I've since stopped calling anyone a wailer because as things are going now, every honest and sincere Nigerian will 'wail' soon. This is so sad.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by olaztek(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Nigerian youths are lazy. Dis is d time and d opportunity to venture into agriculture so as to increase local raw material supplies and boost the economy. we are all craving for white problem jobs
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by olaztek(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Nigerian youths are so lazy. Dis is d time and d opportunity to venture into agriculture so as to increase local raw material supplies and boost the economy. we are all craving for white problem jobs
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by sweetgala(m): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2015
CBN has taken the right move. Because if Nigerians are not pushed they'll bevere take action, just looking back some 30 years , Nigeria was the world's largest producer of high quality palm oil and other palm produce, Singapore and other nations came to learn from us and acquired African seedlings for their own production now we are so used to importing and the importing cabals benefit from such a process that we now have renerged and can not even meet local demand.

Some of the items on the list are shameful , with all our brothers in the east constantly reminding us all of their enterprising competence

Among the 41 items marked as ‘Not Fit for Forex’ also include: rice, cement, margarine, meat and processed meat products, vegetables and processed vegetable products, Poultry chicken, eggs, turkey, Private airplanes/jets, Indian incense, Tinned fish in sauce(Geisha)/sardines, Cold rolled steel sheets, Galvanized steel sheets, Roofing sheets, Wheelbarrows, Head pans, Metal boxes among others.

Some of the items should not even be getting imported, our container brothers have flooded the markets with cheap China products and destroyed the Nigerian capacity

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by poweredcom(m): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2015
angry angry angry angry angry Omo hunger go yakpa for d country oo ..all gyals be ready to be oloshos..awon boiz enter street selling weed n all dat ..no carry gun o
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by desmond249(m): 10:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Its time for us to tink out of the box.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Laruze: 10:06am On Oct 07, 2015
Can't you all see the business opportunities therein. Local producers just need to step up their game. We only need to look inward and take up the production of this banned items.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by ogb5(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2015
I see many kids on this thread hailing the trade restrictive policies of the govt. Anywhere there is trade restriction, economic growth suffers.
And many of you hailing the trade restrictions will suffer more.

If the keep the restriction on import of vital industrial raw materials like palm oil, cold rolled steel and galvanised steel, industries will either fold up or downsize.

The shortfall in industrial output due to this will be filled up by smuggled imported products, who losses.

I think the WTO needs to have a good talk with the govt. If the govt insist on trade restrictions when the world is moving towards trade liberalisation and countries are sign bilateral trade agreements daily, then Nigeria needs to be shown the way out of the WTO. We can then choose to isolate ourselves like North Korea and keep all the foreign exchange, while they citizen stay impoverished.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by ohenhen1: 10:25am On Oct 07, 2015
Why don't they have a balanced article?

How many jobs will be lost if we allow the Naira to free fall?
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by berrystunn(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2015
raayah:
Its no surprise. Job losses are occurring everywhere in the world due to the low oil prices.

This time it isn't buhari's fault.

Go hide...till 2019
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Icecream4U(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2015
PDP propaganda
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by berrystunn(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2015
buhari,buhari, buhari buha, how many times i call you?
You promise

720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state).

Three million Jobs per year

To embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition schemes for graduates along with the creation of a Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 5 million new jobs.

I LIE??
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by cruzyteejay(m): 10:37am On Oct 07, 2015
Am beginning to gain hope in my country again,xo happy with this current development.......am not going to criticize anybody but i wonder why some people will involve politics in this kind of issue....what has the presidency to do with this?....i know the post didn't state THE PRESIDENCY ORDERED FOR A REVIEW IN......."some people are just too ignorant and that's why they can't think beyond the context......they only saw 40,000 jobs to be lost,but failed to realise or view the intention of why they will have to lose their job,they lost their job so as to create another job opportunity that can involve and continuously earn more than half of nigerians,its only to save Nigeria,for those who tune to stv,the latest released version of Ben Bruce's "COMMON SENSE" was based on the agricultural sector,pls you guys should think to create and not always finding irrelevant stuff just to win arguments.........i pity these e-warriors,i just wish and pray that this one won't fail also,because from where i view it,its one thing that can save Nigeria and will make it a better place

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Akpan107(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2015
iyke926:
Today is my birthday. Just say a little prayer for me. Thanks smiley
As you add a year to ur years, the sky will not only be ur limit, but the sky will be ur starting point...

1 Like

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by berrystunn(m): 10:42am On Oct 07, 2015
cruzyteejay:
Am beginning to gain hope in my country again,xo happy with this current development.......am not going to criticize anybody but i wonder why some people will involve politics in this kind of issue....what has the presidency to do with this?....i know the post didn't state THE PRESIDENCY ORDERED FOR A REVIEW IN......."some people are just too ignorant and that's why they can't think beyond the context......they only saw 40,000 jobs to be lost,but failed to realise or view the intention of why they will have to lose their job,they lost their job so as to create another job opportunity that can involve and continuously earn more than half of nigerians,its only to save Nigeria,for those who tune to stv,the latest released version of Ben Bruce's "COMMON SENSE" was based on the agricultural sector,pls you guys should think to create and not always finding irrelevant stuff just to win arguments.........i pity these e-warriors,i just wish and pray that this one won't fail also,because from where i view it,its one thing that can save Nigeria and will make it a better place

HIDE BIKO with PLZZ
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by 400billionman: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2015
So Nigeria still imports palm oil. ? shocked And we claim there are no jobs ? Should i say our youths are lazy ?

If cement is included in this " Not fit for forex list ", how will Ibeto cement cope with his import waiver which expires 2017 ?
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Markmoore008: 10:51am On Oct 07, 2015
This is not encouraging at all.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by benmike2358: 11:03am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Bevista: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2015
ogb5:
I see many kids on this thread hailing the trade restrictive policies of the govt. Anywhere there is trade restriction, economic growth suffers.
And many of you hailing the trade restrictions will suffer more.

If the keep the restriction on import of vital industrial raw materials like palm oil, cold rolled steel and galvanised steel, industries will either fold up or downsize.

The shortfall in industrial output due to this will be filled up by smuggled imported products, who losses.

I think the WTO needs to have a good talk with the govt. If the govt insist on trade restrictions when the world is moving towards trade liberalisation and countries are sign bilateral trade agreements daily, then Nigeria needs to be shown the way out of the WTO. We can then choose to isolate ourselves like North Korea and keep all the foreign exchange, while they citizen stay impoverished.
With all those blacklisted items, do you have any idea of what our monthly FOREX demand is from Importers? Do you also have any idea of what our FOREX revenue is currently?

I'll help you. Due to fall in crude oil prices, Nigeria's foreign exchange earnings has dipped below $7b monthly, while Importers still demand well over $7b monthly. If the CBN continues to meet all forex demand, this will result in a NET negative impact on Reserves - eventually running out. This is the point you lot will finally WAIL to high heavens that PMB policy makers had no clue on how to manage the economy - reminding us how PMB had F9 in Mathematics & Economics.

Even on a personal level, if your income goes down, then it is only reasonable that you adjust your lifestyle. Of course, you can tell (deceive) yourself that all your needs are important and should therefore be met. When you completely deplete your savings and possibly sell off your assets, I wonder what you will be telling yourself then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by ShawnMcJoe: 11:16am On Oct 07, 2015
For a second, stop the panic, do the mathematics...

Why does Nigeria really need to import items like frozen turkey, aluminum, raw materials like crude oil palm, etc ?

We have the natural and human resources. If what our factories and manufacturing industries are actually doing is importing and and turning into finished goods, what happens to real GDP on the long run?

Though the restriction on importation of these items might hurt on the interim, before long, people will be forced to go into mining, agriculture, etc...our natural resources will bring the nation real wealth, naira will strengthen and the boom will favore us all.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by front247: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Loss in jobs will lead to increase in crime and prostitution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Social Rules That May Help You Look Professional / Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.