Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,711 members, 7,955,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector (24601 Views)

FRSC Commander, Andrew Kumapayi, Cuts Female Officers Hair (Photos) / When Organization Cuts Cost By Cutting Manpower (photo) / Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
40,000 may be lost, but more than that will be created if the plan works. undecided

Yes to localisation
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by wiseoneking: 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lilimax:
You dey mind them?

All I know is that whatever may be the situation, me and my own shall be the last man standing cool
Selfish soul. You think u are free if you and your family are enjoying.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Lilimax(f): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
wiseoneking:
Selfish soul. You think u are free if you and your family are enjoying.
I am free and I don't know about you. smiley
You may choose to be in bondage if you like embarassed
(no offense)
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by 123papas(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
Please the policy is good. 40,000 people will lose their jobs in the manufacturing industry, maybe yes. but I can assure you that not less then 200,000 will gain new jobs in the agricultural sector, etc and after a while, they can exceedingly meet the demand of the manufacturers, the 40,000 or more will regain their jobs in new manufacturing companies or the existing ones that have embraced the new locally sourced materials. Simple logic.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by 123papas(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
don't mind them. a typical corrupt Nigerian will rather have 5k to his/herself alone than for 10,000 people having 1k each
cruzyteejay:
Am beginning to gain hope in my country again,xo happy with this current development.......am not going to criticize anybody but i wonder why some people will involve politics in this kind of issue....what has the presidency to do with this?....i know the post didn't state THE PRESIDENCY ORDERED FOR A REVIEW IN......."some people are just too ignorant and that's why they can't think beyond the context......they only saw 40,000 jobs to be lost,but failed to realise or view the intention of why they will have to lose their job,they lost their job so as to create another job opportunity that can involve and continuously earn more than half of nigerians,its only to save Nigeria,for those who tune to stv,the latest released version of Ben Bruce's "COMMON SENSE" was based on the agricultural sector,pls you guys should think to create and not always finding irrelevant stuff just to win arguments.........i pity these e-warriors,i just wish and pray that this one won't fail also,because from where i view it,its one thing that can save Nigeria and will make it a better place
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by 123papas(m): 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
your case is parochial
Lilimax:
You dey mind them?

All I know is that whatever may be the situation, me and my own shall be the last man standing cool
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Chanzy1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
The figure isn't exaggerated, considering the policies and fall in oil price alone, I have witnessed close to 5000 layoffs in the past two months alone.
I am not talking of statistics am talking of company I was working for and other companies that I have friends in lagos alone.

Just extend that figure with the coming recession, further oil fall, inflatation, increasing number of 'employable' graduates daily, further withdrawal of investments and lower consumer demand and you would realise that this country is in for some serious shit in 2016.

I just pray I can still purchase chicken for easter next year.

P.s Men in their 70's are still being appointed as ministers.
What the Bleep is wrong with Nigeria
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by Chanzy1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
123papas:
Please the policy is good. 40,000 people will lose their jobs in the manufacturing industry, maybe yes. but I can assure you that not less then 200,000 will gain new jobs in the agricultural sector, etc and after a while, they can exceedingly meet the demand of the manufacturers, the 40,000 or more will regain their jobs in new manufacturing companies or the existing ones that have embraced the new locally sourced materials. Simple logic.

It sounds quite reasonable and profitable but if you do your research well you would realise that the necessary counter policies needed to effect the efficiency of the policy is not being put in place hence my wailing.
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by buchilino(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The President Body Language would replace d 40,000 with 80,000 in 2016,Sai Baba!

Y DONT U STOP DIS SAI BABA RUBBISH N WAIT TILL 2016 2 IF NIGERIA WILL BE BETA OR NOT
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by remirez07(m): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Adesiji77:
40,000? shocked

How did they arrive at the figure?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/cbn-policy-massive-job-cuts-looms-in-manufacturing-sector/ lalasticlala, dominique
lo batan
Re: CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector by 123papas(m): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
it will be driven by market forces of supply and demand
Chanzy1:

It sounds quite reasonable and profitable but if you do your research well you would realise that the necessary counter policies needed to effect the efficiency of the policy is not being put in place hence my wailing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Social Rules That May Help You Look Professional / How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business? / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.