Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD (46010 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Olu Falae’s Farm Again, Destroy Multi-million Naira Crops / Herdsmen Invade Wole Soyinka's Residence In Ogun / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by tpiander: 6:20am On Oct 08, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Fulanis do not move ordinarily, they use a lot of fetish and human blood rituals. They have deities they worship and is how they acquire different charms and power that make it hard for their victims.to hear their approach. You are on your farm tending to crops and lift up your head and Fulani and 500 cows are in front of you. What makes their approach hard to detect through the wind also make their retreat difficultto track through the forest. No be ordinary eye now....

these "deities" you are referring to, the name pass the deity called "information"?
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by SUBWAY101(m): 6:30am On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
Decibel:
Where is the fraudster called SUBWAY101? tongue
[/s]

Descartes, You are a disgrace to your late foolish parents. At your old age, you have never achieve anything useful with your pathetic life than open fake monikers to post jargons online. Your late mother should have flush you away, shameless thing.
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by otokx(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2015
Falae should fence his farm with cement walls.
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by fuke(m): 7:29am On Oct 08, 2015
And some fools said FFK was talking gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by tonychristopher: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
That name 'Igbos' is almost becoming synonymous to a Nigerian nightmare ? grin grin grin
Igbo kwenu!!! Who do this juju for una? grin cheesy

Lol

Osinachi

It is from God... Whatever Igbo land on they crash it

Even in dream Igbo masquerades chases top men of God in their place
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by lyntiffany(f): 8:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Ilekeh:

The same police trying to downplay the blame against Fulanis? Same police working with Fulanis?

Ok, you've attacked. Clap clap.

lol ....... So after this "attacks", they still came back attacking the southeast.....
when last have you heard of Fulani attack in the eastern part of the country?
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 08, 2015
When it finally starts, no one will be safe. Remember those shoe menders who used to walk around aimlessly in the rural communities? Guess what, they have mapped the whole Southern Nigeria. No where to run, no where to hide. tongue tongue tongue
South is conquered.
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by tonychristopher: 8:20am On Oct 08, 2015
writetopoker:
i thnk we shld legalise gun in this country
So that you can blast the head off your husband when you catch him shining iya kunle Toto

No way ..we no go get guns
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by tonychristopher: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2015
mykl01:
When it finally starts, no one will be safe. Remember those shoe menders who used to walk around aimlessly in the rural communities? Guess what, they have mapped the whole Southern Nigeria. No where to run, no where to hide. tongue tongue tongue
South is conquered.

Your correct but this is not Igbo fight ....Igbo know their fight and how to go about their security system ..they did that in bakassi ,kidnapping and fulani menance ....so this isn't Igbo fight I repeat
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by neyogasgas: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2015
erunz:
Barely two weeks after some fulani herdsmen attacked and kidnapped the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation SGF, Chief Olu Falae, some herdsmen have again destroyed the same farmland.

The farm Manager Bruno ‎Akhigbodemen conducted newsmen round the farm located at Ilado in Akure North Council area of Ondo State

Over one kilometer plantation of maize was destroyed during the invasion at about 2am on Monday.

‎Akhigbodemen said that the herdsmen arrived the farm with their cows and wrecked the havoc despite the horrible experience the workers and their boss had in the last two week sequel to their menace‎.

He pointed out that ‎effort by the guards to prevent the destruction of the farmland were rebuffed as they were threatened by the herdsmen until their cows grazed to their satisfaction.

The farm Manager said that the former Finance minister has reported the latest destruction to the state Police Command for necessary action.

Vanguard learnt that following the complaint by Chief Falae, some detectives from the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) ‎were immediately deployed to the farm on Monday.

They reportedly combed the neighboring villages for the suspects but they were unable to make any arrest.

Report had it that the search still continues as some detectives still keep vigil in the village.

It was gathered that the police authority has invited leaders of the herdsmen in the state who stood surety for those that were arrested and released during the last invasion when over N500, 000 worth of farm products were destroyed.

‎Akhigbodemen described the destruction of the farm last week sunday as devastating.

He appealed to the government and the security operatives to act decisively on the menace of the herdsmen.

Chief Falae could not be reached for comment on the destruction of his farmland which is coming after his kidnapped and payment of N5m ransom to free him from his abductors.

It would be recalled that the former Minister for Finance has been having issues with the fulani herdsmen ‎whose cows have on several occasions destroyed his farmland.

He is billed to travel abroad this weekend for medical treatment after his horrifying experience which he described as ” hell”.

The latest destruction according to findings is the fifth within two months.

Before his kidnap barely two weeks ago, two fulani herdsmen were arrested and detained for destroying over N500,000 worth of farm products on the farm.

They were released after some of their leaders wrote an undertaker that they would pay compensation and would not encroach on the farm again.

Barely three weeks after the episode, Chief Falae was abducted by some gun wielding Fulani herdsmen on the same farmland and was released after 72 hours.

No fewer than three policemen have been deployed to his Oba Ile residence since his kidnap last month.

Contacted on the Sunday invasion and destruction of the farm by the Fulani herdsmen, the Police Image Maker Femi Joseph said that he is not aware of the incident.

Joseph was recently posted to the state and made the Command spokesman last week.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/breaking-again-fulani-herdsmen-invade-falaes-farm/

I think it's really stupid when things happen and a Police Spokesperson will open the hole in his head called mouth saying "I am not aware of the incident"
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by BushidoBlue(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Fulanis do not move ordinarily, they use a lot of fetish and human blood rituals. They have deities they worship and is how they acquire different charms and power that make it hard for their victims.to hear their approach. You are on your farm tending to crops and lift up your head and Fulani and 500 cows are in front of you. What makes their approach hard to detect through the wind also make their retreat difficultto track through the forest. No be ordinary eye now....

It's obvious you aren't an outdoorsman. If you were you wouldn't say such. I'm also beginning to think that you don't travel around Nigeria much from this rubbish you spewed here.

1 Like

Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by BushidoBlue(m): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2015
tholuosa2:
I am just wondering if anyone read the story to notice that the Farm was invaded at 2am. Cow grazing at 2am? Some awesome Faabu going on here. [/color] grin cheesy shocked sad

Maybe a typo from Vanguard.

Again a suburban Nigerian probably living in Lagos and never stayed in the rural areas to know that fulani herdsmen also move at night.

1 Like

Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

My lust for PMB is not in anyway beclouding my reasoning hence the reason for my first post on this thread.

8 good years. no shaking.

Yes they were..

What things If you can't substantiate your assumptions, stop coming here to tell us about your imaginary things. Don't know what exactly your problem is.

These fulani people have always been in the news before Buhari assume presidency. So saying he is a big influence to their evil act is more of a lie. There are other pressing issue in front of the President than these rag taged herdsmen. The state Government is expected to deal with it, and when it reached a point that the state Government can't continue to deal with them, then the FG will be involved.

I am not blaming Ondo state government. I actually asked: What step he has taken so far to curb this menance? At least he should be the one to write the president if he need any help from him.
Concerning that of Borno Government and boko haram, you need to see for yourself the actions taken by their state government: http://dailypost.ng/2014/05/28/borno-government-spent-n10bn-fighting-boko-haram-insurgency-deputy-governor/
http://dailypost.ng/2014/06/03/how-borno-govt-co-funds-‎fight-against-boko-haram-ssg/

What has Mimiko done to stop these fulanis?
In Oyo State during Lam Adesina era, the present President of the country, Muhammadu Buhari, came to Ibadan to complain to the governor that his people, the Fulani herdsmen, were being confronted by the indigenous farmers, after the farmers defended themselves
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Ugik(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
very soon, this issue will take center stage of our national security discuss if appropriate measures are not drastically put in place before it escalates into something else.
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Rilwayne001: 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
macof:

In Oyo State during Lam Adesina era, the present President of the country, Muhammadu Buhari, came to Ibadan to complain to the governor that his people, the Fulani herdsmen, were being confronted by the indigenous farmers, after the farmers defended themselves

This is no excuse. I have heared about this as well, even though I havent read the news myself. It may be that–he came for clarification on the matter. Perhaps you should help by digging out the news.

Notice that it was the Oyo state government he complained to and not the Federal government. Which means he expected the state Government to curb the menance..

1 Like

Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

This is no excuse. I have heared about this as well, even though I havent read the news myself. It may be that–he came for clarification on the matter. Perhaps you should help by digging out the news.

Notice that it was the Oyo state government he complained to and not the Federal government. Which means he expected the state Government to curb the menance..

What will you say about his complain to the Federal Government against the attack on boko haram in the early years of their terror? "Stop the attack on my people" I think he said
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Again a suburban Nigerian probably living in Lagos and never stayed in the rural areas to know that fulani herdsmen also move at night.

When I was at Ilorin, I was advised to stay in cus the fulani people there hijack cars on the road
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
fuke:
And some fools said FFK was talking gibberish.

Those are just the real fools
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
GodMode:

You said it yourself "based on majority of the reported fulani attacks"..

The attacks in sw are more publicised(news, internet) than se and even central nigeria(jos, benue e.t.c) that suffers brutal attacks.

Even a former minister(FFK) is making noise about it..

Stop saying "you guys".. Most people on nl are not the governors, senators, ministers e.t.c that should take this matter seriously..

The menace is also a ss problem.. Cos the only reason nigeria is still united is because the north has its eyes on the oil...

They are moving south killing anyone in their way and when the attacks are publicised they(fulanis) deny it...

Or when the farmers defend themselves the n:igerian a:rmy takes over the situation and defends the murderers(fulani)..

See that's the problem. When we kill them army and police show up but they are silent when they us

I read a farmer from Ikole killed one of them trying to intrude and he was arrested
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Rilwayne001: 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
macof:

What will you say about his complain to the Federal Government against the attack on boko haram in the early years of their terror? "Stop the attack on my people" I think he said

No one knew Boko-are-ram would become what the became today. Even Jonathan confessed that he took boko-are-ram lightly, thinking that they are just some thugs. That Buhari made that statement when boko haram started as a small unpopular group doesn't mean he is in support of the fully blown boko-are-ram of today.

Like I posted earlier, it was after the Borno government couldn't stop this Barbaric animals again that the FG stepped in.

Whenever a riot happens in Ibadan, the state government would order the commisioner of police to see into it. He doesn't wait for the fg to send the IG.
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Rilwayne001: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
macof:

When I was at Ilorin, I was advised to stay in cus the fulani people there hijack cars on the road

Chai, see lie sad
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Chai, see lie sad

Sure you kno me so well
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Rilwayne001: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
macof:

Sure you kno me so well
Of course, that you are an unrepentant liar.
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Demmzy15(m): 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Chai, see lie sad
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Of course, that you are an unrepentant liar.

You will soon write my biography right?
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by Rilwayne001: 5:45am On Oct 09, 2015
macof:

You will soon write my biography right?
Whats my business with your life??
Re: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD by macof(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Whats my business with your life??
So I wondered

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Crowd Await Arrival Of Atiku/obi In Calabar / Pictures From Ongoing NLC Protest In Ikeja Lagos / PMB, GEJ, Atiku: Who Would You Entrust With $200B Assets For Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.