Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

What Would You Do In This Situation? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do In This Situation? (36331 Views)

I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by onlinebethel(f): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2015
Student E-Learning Tablet

7" Tablet PC Qual Core 8GB Android 4.4 KitKat HD Screen Computer Dual Camera WiFi External 3G
Specification:
-- Google Android 4.4 (KitKat)
-- 7'' Multi-touch screen 1024x600 HD
-- Quad Core 4x1.2GH
-- 8 GB storage, 512MB RAM
-- Dual Camera
-- Wireless N (802.11b/g/n)
-- G-sensor
-- SIM CARD SLOT

APPLICATION
AN INNOVATIVE E-LEARNING TABLET SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREPARATION FOR JAMB, WAEC AND NECO
• Over 2,000 video tutorials in the app teaching Mathematics, Use of English, Physics, Chemistry, Commerce, Biology, Government, Financial Accounting, Economics, Geography and Literature in English.
• Over 100,000 practice problems from JAMB, WAEC, GCE and Aptitude Tests
• No internet required
• Educational games in the app to keep you engaged at all times.
• A personalized learning dashboard
• A personalized learning engine to help you track what you have learned and recommend what you can do next.
• Progress reports via SMS
• Automated exercises and remote examinations with continuous assessments.
• Self-paced, provides consistent content, fast and works anywhere and anytime.
• A chat like WhatsApp to help you share knowledge.
• Special private tutorials for you

REFERENCES
Several reference materials have been pre-loaded. they include: English Dictionary, Holy Bible, Noble Quran, etc...

What's in the Box:
-- Tablet
-- AC Adapter
-- USB Cable
-- User Manual

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by beyoncausme: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2015
simple....open up ur toliet drinage outlet,locate ur money wash and clean it ..
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by freecocoa(f): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, your child should not be able to do that, is the child mad ni?

You don't have to panel beat a child to make them stay in line.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by freecocoa(f): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2015
iAmCharis:
So, you see nothing wrong with what the child did?
Everything is wrong with what the child did but the mother failed in her duty, we are talking about a child, why should your child be able to do that? No respect whatsover? Mbanu not in my house.

Violence is not the only way to train kids.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by babythug(f): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2015
Ndukings92:
Aww' that na ikpulicious money to be sincere, na western mentality for u. Try am down here for my mama side and u go know d different between six and half a dozen, 1st to comment thou
Babythug na wetin na?

grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by babythug(f): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=SFSNIPER post=38772160]
With Your Moniker I Doubt You Will Pratice What You Preach.

As For Me, I'll Seriously Beat And Punish That Child But Not To The Extent Of Injuring Them. He/she Had That Guts Because He/she Was Brought Up That Way.[/quote

I'm a changed being now..... i actually approach such issues differently..

Were it the babythug of before before, it would be an entirely different kettle of fish wink
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by LarrySun(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Oh, I'm late to the party.

If the girl's action was truly due to the prevention of ending up being a couch potato, then the flagellation is rightly deserved. But I've discovered a long time ago that there are two sides of a nickel.

What if the girl's action was truly performed for a more noble reason (in her own perspective)?

I recall reading a similar story online:

[b]A man was changing the tyre of his car when he saw his four-year-old child scrawling on the side of his car with a nail. The man was so furious by this child's action that he hit the boy's fingers several times. The damage had already been done before he realised that he was hitting the child's hand with a wrench. He had broken the child's five fingers with the iron.

He quickly rushed the boy to the hospital with the same car punished the child for. The doctors tried their best but couldn't fix the boy's broken fingers. They told the sad news to the father. The man wept bitterly when he saw what he had done to his own child.

The child laid helplessly on the bed, his mangled hand held gingerly with bandages. When he saw his father, he asked solemnly, "Daddy, what happened to my hand?"

The man's felt so ashamed of himself that he could not bear seeing his child in that pitiful state. He was weeping as he returned to his car to get some clothes at home for the child.

He was about entering his car when an old man said to him, "Your child must like you a lot."

He was taken aback. "What do you mean?" The father asked.

The old man did not say any more word. He only pointed at the impression the child had left on the car with a nail. On the side of the car were the words I LOVE YOU DADDY.

The man drove home and hanged himself.[/b]

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by SFSNIPER(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=babythug post=38776915][/quote]
Better. But Hope You Agree With Me That That Kid Deserves Flogging? At Least 12 Strokes.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by babythug(f): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2015
SFSNIPER:

Better. But Hope You Agree With Me That That Kid Deserves Flogging? At Least 12 Strokes.

Certainly grin
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by BobUg28(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2015
LarrySun:
Oh, I'm late to the party.

If the girl's action was truly due to the prevention of ending up being a couch potato, then the flagellation is rightly deserved. But I've discovered a long time ago that there are two sides of a nickel.

What if the girl's action was truly performed for a more noble reason (in her own perspective)?

I recall reading a similar story online:

[b]A man was changing the tyre of his car when he saw his four-year-old child scrawling on the side of his car with a nail. The man was so furious by this child's action that he hit the boy's fingers several times. The damage had already been done before he realised that he was hitting the child's hand with a wrench. He had broken the child's five fingers with the iron.

He quickly rushed the boy to the hospital with the same car punished the child for. The doctors tried their best but couldn't fix the boy's broken fingers. They told the sad news to the father. The man wept bitterly when he saw what he had done to his own child.

The child laid helplessly on the bed, his mangled hand held gingerly with bandages. When he saw his father, he asked solemnly, "Daddy, what happened to my hand?"

The man's felt so ashamed of himself that he could not bear seeing his child in that pitiful state. He was weeping as he returned to his car to get some clothes at home for the child.

He was about entering his car when an old man said to him, "Your child must like you a lot."

He was taken aback. "What do you mean?" The father asked.

The old man did not say any more word. He only pointed at the impression the child had left on the car with a nail. On the side of the car were the words I LOVE YOU DADDY.

The man drove home and hanged himself.[/b]

Hanged himself?
Damn! That's too bad. Does it worth it that way. He has made the mistake already by acting on impulse.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 08, 2015
angry angry angryand you wonder y western kids are always ill-mannered nd i'll behaved..........wen you spare the rod,you can say bye bye to the child
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by BobUg28(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2015
A single mother who has little or no helper was able to garner such amount of money and it was finally washed down the toilet. That's too sad... Judging this from the economic recession of Nigeria as it stands now , it's really bad. N162k at the expense of watching TV? It hurts like mad.

But what can I do? He's your child ; bounds to reason like one: so there's no need flagellating him to the point of death. TWO WRONGS CAN NEVER MAKE A RIGHT. all they need is correction in a way they can understand you perfectly why you denied them the opportunity to watch television.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Everything is wrong with what the child did but the mother failed in her duty, we are talking about a child, why should your child be able to do that? No respect whatsover? Mbanu not in my house.

Violence is not the only way to train kids.
Yea, I think she failed big time. Back then as a kid I wouldn't even dare look at the money not to talk of flushing it away. That notwithstanding, there are times when you have to bring that rod out and beat senses into a child's head.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Ayibaba1: 10:19am On Oct 08, 2015
Human right, animal right, child right, gay and lesbian right...whole lot of rights, and the world is turning upside down. When a child flushes $720 down the drain, what happens to adult right and parent right?
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nemeks23(m): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2015
I wuld laugh 4 like five minutes,then i wud tie d child upside down on a tree and give him d beating of his life..B-)
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by benELOHIM7(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Child??...flush 167000naira??...because I no letam watch tv??....dat wan no be pikin agaun na. Dat na criminal in d making.

Me, just because I peep for neighbor window dey watch tv, my papa drill me like say I be lawrence anini.

I for beat the pikin sotey d news for enter headline. Gbemnamasobiri!
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by freecocoa(f): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2015
iAmCharis:
Yea, I think she failed big time. Back then as a kid I wouldn't even dare look at the money not to talk of flushing it away. That notwithstanding, there are times when you have to bring that rod out and beat senses into a child's head.
Well, I think spanking them when they are still really young is okay, but flogging so hard like we know parents to do in naija, is a no no for me.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by elmajor(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2015
If I am about to beat my child, I should be award of the consequence of beating a child in the coyntry I am. Moreover, people handle issues differently. Also, there is a mood one would be s/he would not beat the child and in the other mood, s/he might even beat the child to death.
My answer: If I am in the US, I would not beat the child because of the law. But in Naija, the pikin no go even tryam cuz I go beat shit out of am.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by UjSizzle(f): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2015
iAmCharis:
So, you see nothing wrong with what the child did?
The child is wrong, but there are more effective ways of punishing a child that doesn't involve leaving 'em with a black eye.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2015
This topic grin grin. Nigerians are always so funny.
As much as you feel tempted beat the hell outta the kid that doesn't seem like the best option. The annoyance can make you hurt the kid real bad. And if you like me you will feel bad after the beating.

So how old is the kid again? Well he is going to pay for it and there are lot of means to make him pay.
So many payment method.

And I'm sure it won't have gotten to that point if the parent have always been a firm parent.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2015
The majority of these comments are too violent, and read as if the writers were dealing with another adult! Metting out "discipline" without an iota of self-discipline themselves.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by OLUWATILA: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2015
The only person who just deserve to go through some psycological test are those examing are. Just let's put the policeman who arrested her in her shoes. A case where his child flush down his pending 6 month salary nt to talk of the top people on d case. AMA sign out
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by megley(f): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Flush such huge amount down the drain? Devil dey worry some children
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Kolade354(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2015
iAmCharis:
Yes!! A child of age 2 wouldn't know how to flush something out through the toilet. The child should be at least 5 or 6 and when I was that age, hell yea!! I already knew that 5 kobo can get me 5 sweets. undecided undecided

That's how they spoil children with the idea that he/she is still a child.
So you also know what #162000 can do for you also.......In terms of parenting give it to the whites......All we just know is to flog flog and only few are responsible citizen among us!!!
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by 1trillionlikes: 11:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Excuzeme:

You ahev no choice, if you decide to live among them, in their backyard!
That is their own LAW, you cant even spank a child.
Even if you "strong eye" too much for your child and the child begin cry, just go hide telephone o!
before you know it, dem go come knock your door say you dey "harass and intimidate, causing distress to a minor"!

Yoru offence don reach like three be dat, ... just like dat! grin grin cry cry

You cant cope? Just get out of that Oyinbo land otherwise .... JAIL is knocking o! undecided
that's y I keep saying that I'll remain in Nigeria and make it than to live somewhere I won't be able to practice some of my very good cultures. thank God I'm in a job that I have to travel for conferences yearly, that's OK, 3 wks, 2 wks, few months and get back here. God help us all
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by liongirl: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2015
Ishilove:
I came across this story online and I was flabbergasted.

Danielle Whipple, a 24 year old single mother was arrested for beating her child who flushed their rent money down the toilet because she (the mum} refused to watch TV.

The woman's neighbours reported to the police because they heard the child crying and heard the sound of smacking. When police arrived at the scene, they found Whipple' child, whose gender and age was not released, with a black eye, a bleeding nose and a red handprint on the face.

Subsequently she was arrested and now faces a charge of felony child abuse.

Now, I am in no way in support of child abuse, but i want to throw it to Nairalanders: How would you react if your child deliberately flushed N162,000 house rent money down the toilet because you refused to watch a movie with him/her?

Note that $720 is about N162,000 in Nigerian currency.

its very simple I will flush her down the toilet to bring back the money
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by kweenshome(f): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
babythug:
This is not good at all....

I'd probably run out of the house onto the main street just to avoid reacting!!!!!!!!!!!!
you just lied!
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by babythug(f): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
kweenshome:
you just lied!

Why do you feel so?
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Well, I think spanking them when they are still really young is okay, but flogging so hard like we know parents to do in naija, is a no no for me.
True sha but for something like this. Chai cry lol
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
Kolade354:
So you also know what #162000 can do for you also.......In terms of parenting give it to the whites......All we just know is to flog flog and only few are responsible citizen among us!!!
What are you saying? Do you know how spoilt and irresponsible white kids are? Kids that are out of school and don't take instruction from parents? Kids from disjointed homes? kids that'll look their mum or dad in the eye and say "fvck you!" Dad, "you're so stupid " Is that what you call parenting? Where they bring their kids up leaving them with one possessive mentality and think they can and should have everything their own way? Oga think well. undecided
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by sparklefresh(f): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
This one simple gan, No school for you till i pay the rent grin
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by sparklefresh(f): 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Kolade354:

Sorry but i think you are high. Do u know how hard it is for that kind of amount to come by? and one child would now flush it because i asked you not to watch Tv... nonsense. me i would beat d stupidity out of you. your body go tell u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! / Married But Feels Single.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.