Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,727 members, 7,837,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? (84897 Views)

How Do I Handle This? / How To Tame Your Stubborn Girlfriend / How Can I Handle An Overdemanding Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by jomoh: 6:39am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

I really appreciate this in no small quantity. It's not as if I don't have girls on my radar, to be honest I know I have what it takes to attract any reasonable lady, but what's the essence of bn with someone you aren't attracted to? I'm still with her because I doubt if i can love any other girl like her. Perhaps this is a final conviction to call this thing off. But I've really given so much, I mean so so much

Bro its time to cut your loss and move on.

One thing I've noticed about these stuffs is that the moment you start feeling insecure with someone for longer that 1year then its time to move on before its too late.

In relationships, very little is expected from each party but in marriage a lot is expected.

So If she can't sacrifice little for courtship to work I bet she won't sacrifice much for marriage to work either.

But still I would like you to try one more thing. It would likely produce two results.

If she's tired of the relationship she won't mind and she would let you go(not easily) but if she really into the relationship and wants to let it work she would do anything. This would put you in the driving seat.

Just tell her you will break up with her for these reasons which you can not live if she refuses to change and let her know you mean it.

How to let her know you mean it?

Next time she acts really stubborn, just ignore her calls and messages for 4days or more and when you finally picks her call, tell her you're sorry you can't put up with it again that you're moving on.

If she's really into making it work she'll beg you and do everything to make it work. Even at that don't make it look easy for her. Put her on probation after so mush begging and apology. Let her gain your trust.ll beg you and do everything to make it work. Even at that don

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by vivalavida(m): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2015
Originalsly:
Op....that is the nature of the beast.... waste of time talking. .. waste of time waiting for real change ...... waste of money you keep throwing at her to save you stress. After 4 years you are now her puppet....and should you be crazy enough to marry her you would become her door mat. You see the signs...you see her true colours... you read the writing on the wall.....maybe you love a life of misery...but then again. .. you love her soooooo much. Choose fast. ..you want to be a man .....or a mouse?

i love this post.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by peddyholly: 6:42am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:
We started dating in 2011 after a year of asking her out. I just love her naturally not for anything. Admittedly, her stubbornness might be partly due to my over pampering at the initial stage of our relationship, I was naive but I think 4 years is actually a long time for the love to be balanced. At every point in time she claims she loves me more, but no evidence whatsoever to show for it. I don't want to venture into crazy things I've done for her, that's a story for another day.
It appears she takes delight in frustrating me due to my simple nature, actually I can be stubborn too, but not with regards to relationship because I believe it's all about compromise. She's inconsiderate and selfish, always wants to have her way at all time even though I have to sacrifice my convenience for her umpteen times. I'm scared of settling down with a woman who'll finally kill me, I love her no doubt. But it appears love is not enough. Someone talk to me pls

What are your own weakness?
My brother, love is never enough to settle down with a woman, don't be blinded folded, put ur brain at work not only the heart. There are some attitudes you will have to shift ground while u cope with the others. But if you know fully well u cant cope with the most essential ones, guy 11th commandment and do the needful. Forever is too long for u to be unhappy and frustrated. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by unilagfreshest(m): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

Talk to her? If i haven't done that I won't come here. I beg, there was a day it got to a point, I cried. When I looked back at how much effort I put into the relationship from the very first day. She has the ability to keep things to herself, she doesn't open up.
dat brings memory,,, free her she doesnt love u, its wen u let go dat u will be able to receive sometin new. ur time shld b precious to u.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by uzo4real(m): 6:45am On Oct 08, 2015
Very simple... just act non chalant for some time, learn to ignore whatever annoying thing she does, dnt put your mind on her attitude.... the fact is that she is probably used to you caring and being too concerned abt her..... and most ladies luv to take advantage of guys weakness towards them.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by JoeCutie(m): 6:51am On Oct 08, 2015
misspicy:
Talk to her
Gini bu talk to her? Talk fire! undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by JoeCutie(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2015
I once asked my ex why she's too stubborn, and she told me that if she dropped her stubbornness, she'd have nothing left. Imagine the pride in being stubborn. Ayama! She's a gonner for life. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by jumpmasta(m): 6:57am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

I really appreciate this in no small quantity. It's not as if I don't have girls on my radar, to be honest I know I have what it takes to attract any reasonable lady, but what's the essence of bn with someone you aren't attracted to? I'm still with her because I doubt if i can love any other girl like her. Perhaps this is a final conviction to call this thing off. But I've really given so much, I mean so so much
Bro...you can't sacrifice your good heart for a life of constant regrets. A girl that loves you won't give you this so much stress cos love is all about sacrifice. Its a two way thing..And it is not forced.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by JERRY1925(m): 6:57am On Oct 08, 2015
Bros bros
Follow this steps
1) smile @ evrything she does...make her look insane..
2) be ready to give up on the relationship, but b4 dat make sure u ready to give her,her share of the pain.
3)Get close to her real frnds, in a romantic way but with a clear conscience..just make sure she sees u around dem and make her feel u happy around dem.
4)the day she comes to ur room, sleep evry well with her asin the best of SEX..after that dnt tell her anything..just make her feel dirty, go bath nd sleep..if u Not having sex, anytim she's around dnt beg to hold her just put a movie for her nd do something else, mayb cook..wen u tru u can evn give her to eat..
5) when u have any female frnd doing birthday display dere pix.
6) to hurt her more, if u have money u can send it to any female frnd of urs to get recharge card..so she could call u anytim she's with u..for 5min..evryday...wen she sees dsame name calling u evryday her head will get HOT, she will try to pick a fight but tell her it's OK..but dnt convince her much...@ that moment she will say I want a break up.,persuade her a little if she insist GIVE IT TO HER.
7) you guys are NOT actually meant to be so why waste ur TIME!!!
cooland am very sure she's ur tribe..
9)and nver have a backup plan b4 breaking up with her...u will regret..break up on a Goodground..dnt cheat..
10)marriage is no going back, get ur heart break now..b4 u get to the FUTURE.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by shurlermoz(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=liyahwillie post=38769161][/quote]

@liyahwillie
Wetin you go talk before?!
Ain't you one of them?
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Guy, i was like u before, buh my ex opened me my eyes, i was emotionally weak before buh now my love for a Girl can die anytime, nowadays small thing pi$$ me off, guy don't marry her, drop her, or use the brain that God gave u.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Gomeromo1(m): 6:59am On Oct 08, 2015
Op I have gone through your post and your reply to some meaningful comments, and I observe you have one problem. You keep looking at the past, thinking of how much you have invested in her, and believing you can't get attracted to another. Let me tell you, unless you close an ineffective door don't expect an effective one to be opened for you. I pray you don't die trying to salvage a already damaged situation. Its better to have a broken relationship than to have a broken marriage. Receive sense in Jesus name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by simonoyewole4(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2015
guy! D best thng yu can do to her is to let go of her...dia r two thnz involved, its either she is into anoda relatnship or she is tayad of d relatnship...dsame thn is hapening to me too...same as yu av explained buh wat i did ws dat after i called her, i explained nd expressed my feelns to her, i made her to see dat she hz nt bn doing as expected..immediately i switchd off my emmotions towards her...despite d fact dat i love her...though its nt easy! Buh yu jst av to do it.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by igbanbajo(m): 7:01am On Oct 08, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I have overheard this platitude from nairalanders, and it's now becoming repulsive and nauseating, please if u don't have ideas why not stay Clear? And u think he hasn't talked to her before coming here to post This? (Smh for all these kids here)

My brother, see read my comment and read it very well. Be reasonable with your self, love doesn't fall from heaven, u have to quit acting nollywood (I believe u watch too many) u DO NOT marry out of "LOVE" you marry out of compatibility . you DO NOT "love" for NO REASON (that is juvenile infatuations) ,you should see reasons to love someone....

This is what you young ones have failed to learn, and keep on making us see too many short marriages.... you are obviously INCOMPATIBLE with that woman, the best time to call it off, is 2 years ago; but all hope ain't lost, it's better late than never...... start another search Bro..... you can thnk me later...

For car owners and diagnostic shops, Do u know u can get ur fone connected to your vehicle E.C.U, and run diagnostics on ur car? Well check my signature to know more...
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by mikkyjagga1(m): 7:02am On Oct 08, 2015
Hahaha.....ive been in this kinda rlnship b4, such a usless one, am the happiest man now that I called it quit!
Use ure head...beta gals dey out there o!
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2015
I think your medication now should be what i term; a "retreat tact". Totally ignore her for some time and see what change comes out. But if she doesn't, move on with your life.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by olalat(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2015
The issue is u over expose ur weak point to the girl. U hv to man up. Deminish d level of her lv in u. Stop contactg her 4 sm time. Let her see with another prettier lady. Make her feel insecure. She will calm if she truelly loves u. If she persists, let her go. U are capable of loving another lady my guy nd u deserve better.
wasak:

For two days now she has not been replying my messages. Irony of life, a phone I bought for her
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Op,I feel your pain,most people commenting doesn't have a first hand experience,if not for our different locations,i would've thought we're dating the same girl,and if my mom told me i was a twin,I'ld think your were my other brother (but you may be a tad older cos i'll still be 20 next month),i still wonder what went wrong cos i loved this girl,cared for her but she was just too stubborn and a cheat also,I've sacrificed alot for her,things i couldn't even do for my mom (can you beat that?),if i couldn't afford anything she wanted i provided a good substitute,i gave her money to make her her and all that stuff....now my question is this:is it a sin to love a girl?....a month ago,we broke up and she went on telling people i dumped her,why are igbo girls that way?o.p,i know it's very painful but take a walk...THIS IS A FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!....it's very painful tho,i'm still steal healing from my broken heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by liyahwillie(f): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2015
shurlermoz:

@liyahwillie
Wetin you go talk before?!
Ain't you one of them?
Nah I'm not oooo!!!
Ask murray bruce to tell u howw lovely nd nice I could be**not an advert placement** grin[quote author=shurlermoz post=38772556]
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by fastestfinger: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Talking to her won't work.....Am very sure of that
it has never been known to work with women.just another fruitless back and forth banter that yields absolutely nothing.she takes that as an opportunity to reinforce her position rather than compromise.the only specie i know that can change by simply talking to them even if its just for 5mins are MEN!most women are simply incapable of ironing out things using pure unadulterated LOGIC.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by shurlermoz(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2015
jomoh:

Bro its time to cut your loss and move on.

One thing I've noticed about these stuffs is that the moment you start feeling insecure with someone for longer that 1year then its time to move on before its too late.

In relationships, very little is expected from each party but in marriage a lot is expected.

So If she can't sacrifice little for courtship to work I bet she won't sacrifice much for marriage to work either.

But still I would like you to try one more thing. It would likely produce two results.

If she's tired of the relationship she won't mind and she would let you go(not easily) but if she really into the relationship and wants to let it work she would do anything. This would put you in the driving seat.

Just tell her you will break up with her for these reasons which you can not live if she refuses to change and let her know you mean it.

How to let her know you mean it?

Next time she acts really stubborn, just ignore her calls and messages for 4days or more and when you finally picks her call, tell her you're sorry you can't put up with it again that you're moving on.

If she's really into making it work she'll beg you and do everything to make it work. Even at that don't make it look easy for her. Put her on probation after so mush begging and apology. Let her gain your trust.ll beg you and do everything to make it work. Even at that don

You have stated facts here but it can't work with this Situation. The babe knows the OP very well, she knows she is his weakness and she is exploring that. Secondly, Wasak no get liver, he will run back to her crying like a baby.
We know their type.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by iamnemo(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Baba you don't love her as you think you do. You are scared of being alone. From the beginning you came on too strong. As human we have this innate feeling to want to know why someone will keep rejecting us.Even if we keep doing everything to prove our commitment. She has seen this from the start she knows you will always come begging even if she is the one at fault.
She has come to enjoy seeing you long for her love and affection. She enjoys the power she has over you.
Also lack of confidence gives permission to another to rule you. Unless you won’t show your importance, other won’t come to know what you mean to their lives.You have placed her love on such high pedestal and when people become so important in your life, you become weak in front of them.

Whatever you think you have done for her over the years forget it and move on. As a man you have to endeavor to stand your ground.
You mentioned you have girls in your radar reach out to them, flirt with them. You need some one that will pull out your balls she has trappled on it for so long my brother - Let her know you have options and when or if she comes around begging tell her its too late.
Oko won lode and the girls know it too. You are a rare commodity keep your head up and start acting like one!
Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Fredzy7(m): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

I've tried, I've held myself for a whole week without any form of communication with her, but that was d highest I could go, we settled and she promised to adjust, as it is now I perceive she's incorrigible, it's either i accept her that way, or I take a walk. But I'm also scared of her falling into the wrong hands....

Men you are as naive as men can be you don't want her to fall into the wrong hands, who says that, what I will advice you is this, if she loves you and would be a good wife she would be willing to sacrifice for you too.... Maybe she has found another guy that's why she ain't answering your message, now what you will do is cut every kind of communication, WhatsApp, phone call, messaging and the likes, stop it, when she comes to visit, I know it's hard but pretend to be busy, continue doing this until she notices and talk to you about it if she doesn't notice, she has another guy or she wants an out, let her go, from what I read you are a good guy, that's scarce and she is the one losing not you......

Anyways my signature sha

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by shurlermoz(m): 7:10am On Oct 08, 2015
liyahwillie:

Nah I'm not oooo!!!
Ask murray bruce to tell u howw lovely nd nice I could be**not an advert placement** grin

Ehn Ehn, ok o.
I give you benefit of doubt.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by UmarNajim: 7:12am On Oct 08, 2015
Try another network

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by koife(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:
We started dating in 2011 after a year of asking her out. I just love her naturally not for anything. Admittedly, her stubbornness might be partly due to my over pampering at the initial stage of our relationship, I was naive but I think 4 years is actually a long time for the love to be balanced. At every point in time she claims she loves me more, but no evidence whatsoever to show for it. I don't want to venture into crazy things I've done for her, that's a story for another day.
It appears she takes delight in frustrating me due to my simple nature, actually I can be stubborn too, but not with regards to relationship because I believe it's all about compromise. She's inconsiderate and selfish, always wants to have her way at all time even though I have to sacrifice my convenience for her umpteen times. I'm scared of settling down with a woman who'll finally kill me, I love her no doubt. But it appears love is not enough. Someone talk to me pls
Bro, I tot I was alone. This is a classic example if my situation. Its heart wrenching that women take men who love truely as fools

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

For two days now she has not been replying my messages. Irony of life, a phone I bought for her
Oh boy u re too soft meeeen. Is she made of gold or something drop her dirty ass abeg. I cant take this shit even from any pussy from richest of background. She obviously has a peter rocking her world. Be a man ok. Dont be a weakling. Sb that is anoda man's side chick haba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by judges: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2015
Bro, God is the originator of marriage so did ever take your time to pray about marriage before you choice for yourself. even if you are the best shooter on earth you can't get it right without God. Bro, go and pray that I'd the solution to your problem. thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by judges: 7:15am On Oct 08, 2015
Bro, God is the originator of marriage so did ever take your time to pray about marriage before you choice for yourself. even if you are the best shooter on earth you can't get it right without God. Bro, go and pray that is the solution to your problem. thanks
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by instinct57vm(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

quit talking to her bro, ur integrity is on the line already. THE ONLY REASON ANYONE CONDEMNS DERE ONLY SHOE IS WEN DEY AV GOTTEN ANODA ONE, let her be if she wants you she will come for you. WE HUMANS KNW WEN WE ARE NOT DOING THE RIGHT TIN. however, if she eventually comes beggin, dnt take tinz too serious in ur heart again. just act neutral n play along while u search for someone better N decide who's worth keeping btw dem on the long run..
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Taiye4Christ(m): 7:16am On Oct 08, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I have overheard this platitude from nairalanders, and it's now becoming repulsive and nauseating, please if u don't have ideas why not stay Clear? And u think he hasn't talked to her before coming here to post This? (Smh for all these kids here)

My brother, see read my comment and read it very well. Be reasonable with your self, love doesn't fall from heaven, u have to quit acting nollywood (I believe u watch too many) u DO NOT marry out of "LOVE" you marry out of compatibility . you DO NOT "love" for NO REASON (that is juvenile infatuations) ,you should see reasons to love someone....

This is what you young ones have failed to learn, and keep on making us see too many short marriages.... you are obviously INCOMPATIBLE with that woman, the best time to call it off, is 2 years ago; but all hope ain't lost, it's better late than never...... start another search Bro..... you can thnk me later...

For car owners and diagnostic shops, Do u know u can get ur fone connected to your vehicle E.C.U, and run diagnostics on ur car? Well check my signature to know more...
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by MrCork: 7:16am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

....see yor head like somali made fryin pan....is she yor slave??...u aint happy wit her then move that phuck on.gademmit...u homebase people r so dyamm bak ward!!(no ofeense) angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Shares Photo Of Lesbian Daughter Of A Northern Legislator / My Girlfriend Slept With Our Last Born / I Can't Believe That Guys Will Sleep With Those Rough Looking Girls In Brothels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.