Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? (760 Views)

My Babe Threatened To Kill Me If I Leave Her; Should I Take Her Serious? / 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know / (pic)could This Igbo Girl Be The Finest Nigerian Lady Literally Speaking??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by RNanesthesia: 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hello all, I'm a 32 yo never married AA female and I have been dating a 29yo Igbo guy here in the USA for a few months . I work in medical field and he came here two years ago to finish his master in engineering and is now working for a big IT company. They are filing his green card. He is really interested as am I but I'm a bit scared of all these rumors of common green card or visa scams. He seems to do well for himself as he just started working after graduating . He loves to spend time with me and he is now speaking of being ready for marriage and wants me.

What can I do to ensure he isn't using me as a fast track to residency? He stated he doesn't want to have a ceremony in Nigeria which was a red flag for me . But he will pay everything here and he wants me to meet his family . He is also eager to start having children.

I just want to make a good decision and not have my life ruined. He seems too good to be true and I question why he didn't marry before or just go back home..
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by Roidatom(m): 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
What do you think?
You know him better than me, but from your story, it's a really really really red flag.
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by StPete: 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
Well u hav ur doubts and they are quite understandable. All I'll just advice is that u pressure him to hav his wedding here in Nigeria otherwise you're not going to agree to his proposals (just in case he's already married here before or has ulterior motives)

1 Like

Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by Dyt(f): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Liar is you
Shior
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by Cutehector(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Why should u guys travel bak to nigeria just to marry wen ur frnds and colleagues are abroad? Ha!

I think frm d way ur write up is, it seems d guy is for real.... Ur d one dats havn serious insecurities...
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by wordbank(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Well, I won't say it's a must to have ur wedding back home cos my cousin did same and they're happily married. If he's bringing his family along to attend the ceremony, fine.
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by Cutehector(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
StPete:
Well u hav ur doubts and they are quite understandable. All I'll just advice is that u pressure him to hav his wedding here in Nigeria otherwise you're not going to agree to his proposals (just in case he's already married here before or has ulterior motives)
imajin d crap u writing. Is it a bad deal to get married abroad?
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by theunusualmoon(m): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
In America you have good people and you have bad people.In australia,UK,china and zimbabwe same applies.
In Nigeria too same applies.
So don't judge him by his origin.You judge him by his personality.You're quite a mature woman and by now you should understand that stereotyping is not ideal.
He's a man who says he is in love with you,I suggest you give him an opportunity to prove himself.just like you would a russian,cuban,italian or mexican.

In other words,take your mind off the rumours,study him and make a decision...when it comes to love,only those involved are allowed to make decisions.everyother opinion is secondary.

1 Like

Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by StPete: 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Cutehector:
imajin d crap u writing. Is it a bad deal to get married abroad?

And is dis d senseless reason u quote me?
If u hav a contrary opinion why not just tell d OP. Don't make me vent today's stress-caused anger on u. Be warned!
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by baralatie(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
run for your health,life and sanity!
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by Cutehector(m): 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
StPete:

And is dis d senseless reason u quote me?
If u hav a contrary opinion why not just tell d OP. Don't make me vent today's stress-caused anger on u. Be warned!
see, dustin full ur house, go and eat it! Stress my foot!
Re: As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? by olajorn(m): 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
I don't believe

(1) (Reply)

1st To Uncloth / A Father's Advice On The Eve Of His Daughter's Wedding / New Inventory: Easy Way On They Make Black People To Bleach (graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.