Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) (46524 Views)

NNPC Tanker’s Trailer Boy Seen Battling Fuel Leakage In Lagos (Video) / Nigerian Man Dies In Plane While Travelling Back To Malaysia / Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining - TheNews.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by ElPhenomenal(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lesson learnt. When next you wanna enter a plane, hold your umbrella or rain coat
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by jjman2322: 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
on the other hand, i wonder if owners of ARIk, AERO, MEDVIEW, etc appreciate boeing & airbus..

The bottom line is airplanes were built not to crash, and they have a lot of redundancy. There's a backup for every system and no single failure will bring it down..

Nigerian airplanes are usually not maintained well but thanks to the amazing job done by Boeing and airbus, Nigerians arent dying weekly on those airplanes..
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by bigfrancis21: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
menix:
*Its only in Nigeria Plane leaks.
*Its only in. Nigeria u buy Egg only to discover it's content have been used.
* it's only in Nigeria u buy phone only to discover Fufu at home.
It's only in Nigeria refinery begs for crude.
*its only in Nigeria, police comes after a robbery to arrest the robbed.
*Only in Nigeria, a virgin land is billed PHCN bill.

Nigeria I hail..

Oh my God! grin

Naija is a joke menn. wink

1 Like

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
anonimi:

........something needs to be done by who
By Nigerians. What kinda question is that? Are you going to wait on the Brits or almighty Americans to come and do it for you? You are no brainier! Jeez!
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by anonimi: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
all4naija:
By Nigerians. What kinda question is that? Are you going to wait on the Brits or almighty Americans to come and do it for you? You are no brainier! Jeez!

I thought, that you would respond as most of us do, that God should help us fix our country.
Thanks for knowing it is about us doing the right thing from the lowest among us.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by bigfrancis21: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
Towncrier247:
Sahara Reporter's Adeola Fayehun shared it on YouTube, says a Nigerian airline passenger sent it to her. The passenger wrote

"I presume it started raining shortly before our landing as we waited in the plane for the Airline staff to get us umbrellas to shelter. All of that sounds good, right? Until we discovered the plane was leaking. Please see attached photos and video. Although it wasn't immediately clear if the leak was from the rain or the plane's cooling system, one thing was evident: the rate of leakage was proportional to the fluctuating intensity of the rain. At heavy intensity, the leak was pouring. When the rain subsided, it became more of a drip. In any case, the structural integrity of the aircraft is brought to question."

See the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiqwLvIaRMI

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/photovideo-water-leakage-inside.html

Nigerian officials be like: madam you should even be lucky you landed safely sef and you're complaining about water leakage. grin

1 Like

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by anonimi: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
jjman2322:
on the other hand, i wonder if owners of ARIk, AERO, MEDVIEW, etc appreciate boeing & airbus..

The bottom line is airplanes were built not to crash, and they have a lot of redundancy. There's a backup for every system and no single failure will bring it down..

Nigerian airplanes are usually not maintained well but thanks to the amazing job done by Boeing and airbus, Nigerians arent dying weekly on those airplanes..

Do WE all maintain our houses, offices, shops, historical monuments etc
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by jjman2322: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
anonimi:

Do WE all maintain our houses, offices, shops, historical monuments etc

No but not maintaining your house won't cost the lives of 200 people or more..

You're comparing apples to oranges
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by anonimi: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Nigerian official be like: madam you should even be lucky you landed safely sef and you're complaining about water leakage. grin

Yes na.
Na so we go just smile about it like the baboons & monkeys soaked or not soaked in blood that we are while fleeing to oyinbo land to be their SLAVES as we pretend to the "unlucky" ones who remain behind in our country to be disaporans shocked

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Nickymezor(f): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lolz...Naija I hail ooo. Say wat, say wat, anytin can happen in 9ja
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by anonimi: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
jjman2322:
No but not maintaining your house won't cost the lives of 200 people or more..

You're comparing apples to oranges

You miss my point.
We all Nigerians do not have any VALUE for maintaining things as reflected in non-maintenance of our houses, offices, factories, farms, churches, mosques, schools, clinics, etc co why would we maintain planes also

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Princematarazzi(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
Make I climb up go fetch water, our stream don dry grin grin cheesy
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by menix(m): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
anonimi:

I guess you are NOT a Nigerian and your relations and friends are not involved in any of the things you listed above, not so

Why re u pricked..
Heat rash they do u?
Oya take money go buy dustin powder..
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by initiator001: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
The most annoying thing is that some persons will still enter even knowing dat air is nt alow to penetrate a moving aircraft. Well, we all fall victim of dis act wen some of us will board a cab or bus haven't known dat it doesn't hav head lamp or one is working. Some, bad tires, broken screen, overloading etc.
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
What a country.. undecided
Anything is possible in Nigeria,
Only in dis country I know elephant can fly cool grin
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by anonimi: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
menix:
Why re u pricked..
Heat rash they do u?
Oya take money go buy dustin powder..

Yes heat rash of SELF DECEIT and transferred responsibility dey do you.
Unfortunately dusting powder fit no helep you for the matter.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Lucasbalo(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
That could be a water leak from one of the hoses that conveys conditioned air into the passengers compartment.

The plane is designed in such a way that most of those chillers uses some form of heat exchangers hence the interaction that led to the leakage.

For any rainfall to make such a dent it then means that the plane is a dead plane though operational negligence and technical oversight can't be totally ignored here .

Just make it as safe as it can be - I hate flying with passion but sometimes you've got no choice .
Even at that, it's a big negligence. It's scary enough flying local routes in Nigeria with all the local airlines cutting corners to save some money. As much as I travel, I never felt comfortable flying local flights in Nigeria for obvious reasons but I won't think twice before hopping on a plane in US or Europe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by ibisko04: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
Konjour:
Man, so I'm gon need to take a foldable umbrella with the hand luggage if I'm flying in an aircraft?! Imagine the abstractly customised 'umbrellas on' light signs when the aircraft descends below the clouds. grin WTF! If the fuselage isn't watertight, how does the plane maintain its cabin pressure whilst flying? That, right there is a convenient hybrid of a ticking time bomb and a flying coffin.

Dafuq is Overland airways?
The danger is more than you think. Air Plane is an electromechanical machine. The wiring systems is under serious treat from rain water which can lead to short circuit thereby leading to malfunctions of the aircraft.
Somebody is not doing his/her job in the airworthy department of NCAA.
OLORUN AKOWA YO LOWO EWU OKO BAALU.
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
I can bet my azz that nothing would be done about it,unless part of the roof rips off,before the airline operator would term it as an emergency.
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Towncrier247:
Sahara Reporter's Adeola Fayehun shared it on YouTube, says a Nigerian airline passenger sent it to her. The passenger wrote

"I presume it started raining shortly before our landing as we waited in the plane for the Airline staff to get us umbrellas to shelter. All of that sounds good, right? Until we discovered the plane was leaking. Please see attached photos and video. Although it wasn't immediately clear if the leak was from the rain or the plane's cooling system, one thing was evident: the rate of leakage was proportional to the fluctuating intensity of the rain. At heavy intensity, the leak was pouring. When the rain subsided, it became more of a drip. In any case, the structural integrity of the aircraft is brought to question."

See the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiqwLvIaRMI

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/photovideo-water-leakage-inside.html

Thank God i dont use local flight. When im in Naija is always road travel. I dont even go far from delta state. Maximum of 6 hours journey to Abuja and 5 hours Journey to Lagos.
BEFORE FLIGHT ANNOUNCE DELAY OR CANCELLATION, I DON REACH WHERE I DEY GO.

1 Like

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by anonimi: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
ibisko04:

The danger is more than you think. Air Plane is an electromechanical machine. The wiring systems is under serious treat from rain water which can lead to short circuit thereby leading to malfunctions of the aircraft.
Somebody is not doing his/her job in the airworthy department of NCAA.
OLORUN AKOWA YO LOWO EWU OKO BAALU

Since someone is not doing his job, the next thing is to call God to save us from airplane maintenance danger, not so angry shocked
We will remain un-evolved primates for a very long time with this type of LAZY mentality, walahi.

Na person like you I get for mind when I replied all4naija below:

anonimi:

I thought, that you would respond as most of us do, that God should help us fix our country.
Thanks for knowing it is about us doing the right thing from the lowest among us.
Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by king406(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
Haha this one small.. there was a time I was flying from kano state to lagos with IRS AIRLINE. Before take off we spotted a welder on top of the aircrafts wing, welding some parts of it together.
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by ibisko04: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
anonimi:

Since someone is not doing his job, the next thing is to call God to save us from airplane maintenance danger, not so angry shocked
We will remain un-evolved primates for a very long time with this type of LAZY mentality, walahi.

Na person like you I get for mind when I replied all4naija below:

We need to call for divine intervention in this case.
Our society problems are too numerous that we will need God to put more brains into our heads.
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by sellYourCar: 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
Did you actually travel in this plane.....
God Have Mercy !!!
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by 400billionman: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Okay, so. ?
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by canDy4eva(f): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
IzonOwei:
meaning the plane is not air tight...i hail my country... angry angry
4 whr? If it wz it wount leak naw! Oh hw I hate to c my great country die in d mist of plenty!

1 Like

Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by anonimi: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
ibisko04:
We need to call for divine intervention in this case.
Our society problems are too numerous that we will need God to put more brains into our heads.

Please how many brains do we have now- one, three, five, 10?
How many more do we need- six, 20, 35?

How many brains are in the head of our oyinbo "superiors"?

I hope you are able to answer my three questions intelligently.
Thanks.
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
canDy4eva:
4 whr? If it wz it wount leak naw! Oh hw I hate to c my great country die in d mist of plenty!
its a pity embarassed embarassed
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by saviola77(m): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
No surprise there, it's Overland with their 1940's planes wink
Re: Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) by davide470(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
I really hate it when someone posts a video or a picture about an airline or a plane without mentioning the name of the airline. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Trip To Dubai | Best Places To Check Out! / My Trip To Prague, Czech Republic / Some Interesting Tourist Sites In Nigeria, with photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.