Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh (61228 Views)

Dalung Unaware Of Gernot Rohr's Appointment As Eagles Coach / Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Tamakay(m): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
I dislike arrogant gaffers and I think Oliseh is not far from that.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by wallex1983(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
The only sad thing is that Oliseh's failure is super eagles failure.

But why are all Nigerian coaches arrogant?
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by achicares(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
edpunter:

Oliseh na insecurity dey worry am. A goalkeeper oversees the whole pitch as a captain, Iker Casillas was captain for country and club for ages. His tactics of picking a captain is just childish to me, it shows he has grudges just looking for Enyeama's mistake, you don't strip captain band from a senior player just cos of a mere fight and I can tell you categorically that same Nigerians that are supporting his strategies will still come back to bite him real hard. Na only time.

since this issue btw Oliseh and Eyeama came up, I've been following ur post, and for me u've been rather subjective and personal about it. making it look like Eyeama has no blame while Oliseh is the devil.
Oliseh as far as I'm concern has the right to do what he did as the coach. My problem with him is the manner in which he did it.
If the Captaincy is suppose to be given to keeper because he oversees the pitch, then I guess England and Manchester have made a huge mistake making Rooney captain of both country and club. Argentina as well, for Messi, Brazil for Neyma. just so u know, these are all attackers.
Beckham was still with the three lions when he was stripped of the captaincy and given the Terry, Beckham didn't cry. Thiago Silva is still with the Brasilian national team, his captaincy was stripped off him to Neyma.
Yes, as the coach of our national team, he needs all the support we can give him. If he fails, then like u said, "we shall come back to bite". he will be no different from the past ones. Westerhoff, Amodu, Siasia, Chukwu, Keshi, etc. they all got the support and also the biting when the failed.
So shouldn't Oliseh first get the support b4 getting the bite?
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Alexiz031(m): 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
I dnt see anything wrong wit oliseh's action,if it were 2 b his club would he return late nd ask his club coach silly question.Thiago silva nd d likes of mascherano wer striped off captain armbarn nd given 2 neyma nd messi respectively nd dey dnt call it a quit in national team football so 2 me enyeama wit all due respect is 2 rude 2 b captain of d team
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by omoland: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Who told Oliseh dat he will be with the team till even nxt yr dat he is looking for a captain that will stay with the team for long......hmmmmm.....Oliseh i pity U
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Rexnegro(m): 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
meforyou1:
u are a mad man
It takes a mad man to no anoda mad man...hence u re also mad #bastard
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by BABANGBALI: 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
na you sabi
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by edpunter(m): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
achicares:

since this issue btw Oliseh and Eyeama came up, I've been following ur post, and for me u've been rather subjective and personal about it. making it look like Eyeama has no blame while Oliseh is the devil.
Oliseh as far as I'm concern has the right to do what he did as the coach. My problem with him is the manner in which he did it.
If the Captaincy is suppose to be given to keeper because he oversees the pitch, then I guess England and Manchester have made a huge mistake making Rooney captain of both country and club. Argentina as well, for Messi, Brazil for Neyma. just so u know, these are all attackers.
Beckham was still with the three lions when he was stripped of the captaincy and given the Terry, Beckham didn't cry. Thiago Silva is still with the Brasilian national team, his captaincy was stripped off him to Neyma.
Yes, as the coach of our national team, he needs all the support we can give him. If he fails, then like u said, "we shall come back to bite". he will be no different from the past ones. Westerhoff, Amodu, Siasia, Chukwu, Keshi, etc. they all got the support and also the biting when the failed.

So you expect me to support someone who have grudges as a leader? A coach teaches by example.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by meforyou1(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
Rexnegro:

It takes a mad man to no anoda mad man...hence u re also mad #bastard
ediot, ordinary Congo is beating you 2-0 in the 1st half
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Lionofdjungle: 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
The didactic (moral lesson ) of this story story is that one should leave while the ovation is at the loudest. Lobatan.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
I think Oliseh's stance is what we need to save Nigerian football.

It will send a strong message to the team members. A message of Seriousness and no room for excuses.

Sorry Enyeama.

1 Like

Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by purplekayc(m): 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
Wetin the guy do sef? And who is our no 1 keeper now? Biko..
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by VICKYE(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
So bad for Nigeria, what a defeat... Could this be attributed to Oliseh Vs Vincent E. Saga? Just curious...
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by tunmidon(f): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shoro niyen.All i'm seeing is just jealousy
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by inyajoegwu: 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nonsense. So Enyeama is not disciplined abi. Prepare to go...... Your train is waiting.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by okaforsamuel: 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh,u wud av sought God's wisdom b4 taking dis mantle...I tink wat u lack is wisdom*u nid am bro
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by omolami: 1:05am On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh is a goner and would be a serial loser as a coach. To rest of the players, Oliseh will mess you up one after the other it was Eyiam:s turn now. I urge the test players to be fully prepare for Oliseh rigmarole. His role is disgracing our beloved Eyiama is uncalled for. We love Eyiama and hate Oliseh. :-XOliseh is a goner and would be a serial loser as a coach. To rest of the players, Oliseh will mess you up one after the other it was Eyiam:s turn now. I urge the test players to be fully prepare for Oliseh rigmarole. His role is disgracing our beloved Eyiama is uncalled for. We love Eyiama and hate Oliseh.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by zomby(m): 5:19am On Oct 09, 2015
If anything, Oliseh should have been more systematic, he should have tried to merge the 2 players. Show Enyeama the respect he deserves and also allow the young man, (the new captain) to learn 1 or 2 things from Enyeama who is planning to retire.
But on the other hand, Oliseh remains the coach, Enyeama should have shown a great example by respecting the decision of the coach.

Therefore, I blame both of them; Oliseh for not being systematic in making his decision and Enyeama for not showing class and respect for his coach.

The coach has the right to pick whoever he's comfortable with......And do not ever forget that Enyeama is not bigger than the Green Eagles.

I wonder what would have been Enyeama's reaction if Oliseh was a white man
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by edpunter(m): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2015
achicares:

No follow my post ooo smiley his philosophy's is already yielding interest.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Rexnegro(m): 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
meforyou1:
ediot, ordinary Congo is beating you 2-0 in the 1st half
mumu so they can't score enyeama abi....bastard.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Poses With His Pet Tiger (Pictured) / Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Always Travels With His Family (Photos) / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.