Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson (16754 Views)

Military Unlikely To Crush Boko Haram By December Deadline - ThisDay / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by genearts(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2015
mrjangaweed:

am sure you're a member of nairaland last year because it's obvious fact

So??
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by uboma(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2015
dominique:
He's not far from the truth. Despite arresting scores of militants and seizing their supplies, bombs are still going off.

The Nigeria Army is not being sincere in their activities against the insurgents. Are they not getting any intel information from all the insurgents captured so far that could lead to their mode of operation and target areas planned for attack? Except of course, they have been lying to the public all the while.

Come December 2015, the story-line from the Army will change.

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Bollinger(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Only a foolish and insensitive individual, would have made such a ridiculous and ignoble promise. Useless president.

Only a foolish and insensitive individual, would believe such a ridiculous and ignoble promise. Useless people.

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by sani01(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2015
Sir.I think to end boko haram is our collective responsibility.what are you doing to end it? Since the Nigerian army cannot achieve the December deadline
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by slimtee101: 10:13am On Oct 08, 2015
Wow! My story enter front page just like that. I thank una o, Nairalanders. May we overcome the Goliath that is Boko Haram, December or no December. I don't mind a few follows on @faydan01 Twitter and IG Mention and I'll follow back wink

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by mrjangaweed: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2015
genearts:

So??

if yes then you must be blind to see many hate speech and comments from Apc playing politics with bokoharam all in the name to ridicule Gej. now Gej is out it's now PDP's turn just like they learnt from apc.

it's called karma cool
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by BobUg28(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2015
Another dunce seeking for recognition! What impression did he show If he didn't end BH by December? Atleast he has tried. Four months into the government and the hide out of the Boko Haram and grossly dismantled. What happened during the time of GEJ, was he not your president? Or...is he not saddled with the mantle of recuperating the manifestation of the BHs? Let's tell ourselves the truth, Buhari is on divine mandate to salvage this country.

No matter what you think, he's still the right man to tailor this country to her dream land.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Iamthoney(m): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2015
adioolayi:
You will live to witness it by God's grace.... THOMAS!
Dreamer...u had better wake up cos it is dawn already. The earlier u accept the truth the better for u
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Iamthoney(m): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2015
Dee60:

NOTHING BAD IN SETTING A BIG AUDACIOUS GOAL. THAT IS WHAT MAKES NATIONS AND BUSINESSES TO PROGRESS!!!
[size=8pt][/size]
Could you please stop typing bullcrap.... it is destroying all you know. Why give people false hope?

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by chinedujazzy(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2015
Sir,it maybe truth,but we are talking about the progress of this country,if we Nigerians understand that all this hate statements will not help this country but rather destroy it,let's be positive about this country,it will help to motivate all agencies to do better! Let's be patriotic in our speech,set political interests apart and focus on Nation building!!!
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by nochildsplay(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2015
awon ti NIJ, una don come NL ..... Hahaha. Fabulus and JJ be like bread and butter since 19BC. ........
See Mrs Popoola behind him o, (everything you do, to her is corruption, talk of cultural imperalism)

Remember how I used to disturb this man(JJ)lecture room.

Swagger was ere

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by DjAduba(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2015
Mr. J.J u should know that the we don't hope on the military to end BH but God Almighty the Military is just a form if physical strength......An by God willing we shall succeed. During GEJ Administration why don't you make same statement?

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by stanech: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2015
in November they will set another deadline.
comedy republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by SSpeter(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2015
hyfr:
Mr.jide said "the army was being insincere with Nigerians by making unrealistic claims" everyday they'll be posting pictures of poor farmers they bribed parading them as boko haram soldiers, they'll go to congo get a fat man and say he is a general in Boko haram. We have been scammed
grin looooool must the man be fat?....looooool......how did you know he was from congo? Nigerians we are all comedians. That is why I don't attend commedy shows anymore cos nija na 24hrs comedy even for work....hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by slimtee101: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2015
@ Swagger, Wa Gbayi...

nochildsplay:
awon ti NIJ, una don come NL ..... Hahaha. Fabulus and JJ be like bread and butter since 19BC. ........
See Mrs Popoola behind him o, (everything you do, to her is corruption, talk of cultural imperalism)

Remember how I used to disturb this man(JJ)lecture room.

Swagger was ere
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2015
Oladimejjy:
I support him.....but

Even if boko haram can't be defeated before December...

We all know the military are doing their best....

so either December or not boko haram will soon be a thing of the past.

tell ur self d truth, boko haram is here to stay n from all indications, they will achieve whatever are trying to do.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by ShowYourCertificate: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2015
sigiyaya:
WE KNOW THAT ALREADY SIR,
EVEN, FROM WHAT I AM SEEING I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT BOKO HARAM MIGHT DEFEAT THE NIGERIAN MILITARY ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER
grin grin grin

Guy you are funny but right.

2 Likes

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by ogbong: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2015
The government promised to provide all amenities by the year 2000. When it failed they shifted to 2015 MDGs. Now we have vision 2020. There is always room for the shifting of goal post in our country. By December we will know better. However, let them be more committed to the fight if that date will be realistic
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2015
osabiya16:
Mumu talk

In God we trust
God is Able
God bless Nigeria

God ke.....Or are u saying God has allowed boko haram to kill Nigerians mercilessly since 6 years now
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by genearts(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2015
mrjangaweed:

if yes then you must be blind to see many hate speech and comments from Apc playing politics with bokoharam all in the name to ridicule Gej. now Gej is out it's now PDP's turn just like they learnt from apc.

it's called karma cool

At early stage GEJ's term, he had the support of all Nigerians including the opposition to tackle BH, it was when he started displaying his clueessness Nigerians gave up on him and started bashing him for his gross incompetence in tackling BH, how long has PMB been in office??
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by amusadele: 11:42am On Oct 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Only a foolish and insensitive individual, would have made such a ridiculous and ignoble promise. Useless president.
Buhari is just a mere illitrate, he is the most foolish who does not know his left and right. To make the issue, the apc members and his kinsmen have continued to praise him. Ordinarily, when you dance, sing and clap in praises of a foolish man, you just unknowly expecting the complete down fall and failure of such a system. If Buhari, who dependent on Idiagbon now says that Boko haram will cease to exist within three month, I should think, those who supports hm and himself are the most senseless human beings. Boko haram was brought by the GEJ's enemies to frustrate him thinking that they will stop after distrubing GEJ. Now it has been hyjacked by other insurgent groups and someone is saying it will stop within three months. That is the hight of foolishness.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by kcddon: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2015
Asymmetric warfare (or Asymmetric engagement) is war between belligerents whose relative military power differs significantly, or whose strategy or tactics differ significantly. This is typically a war between a standing, professional army and an insurgency or resistance movement.

Academic authors tend to focus more on explaining the puzzle of weak actor victory in war: if "power," conventionally understood, conduces to victory in war, then how is the victory of the "weak" over the "strong" explained? Key explanations include

strategic interaction;
willingness of the weak to suffer more or bear higher costs;
external support of weak actors;
reluctance to escalate violence on the part of strong actors;
internal group dynamics[3] and
inflated strong actor war aims.
Asymmetric conflicts include both interstate and civil wars, and over the past two hundred years have generally been won by strong actors. Since 1950, however, weak actors have won a majority of all asymmetric conflicts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_warfare
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2015
PLEASE HELP ME ASK JIDE JOHNSON WHETHER HE HAS BECOME BH'S SPOKESPERSON
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
I agree!!

This is the delay u get when ppl are been recruited into the millitary tthru godfathers.

BH no dey do screening, they don't have maximum numbers to recruit and they recruit on daily, weekly,monthly and yearly basis.

Our Nig millitary shud do better! So many ppl with skills and passion are willing to end this BH-War but all u get after the recruiment exercise is a replacement by a non-gallant joining the force cos no job in the country.

The fight against I.S is more to intelligence too, not only physical combat.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Abagworo(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Yar'Adua led us into this crisis by killing an unarmed Yusuf. Jonathan's mistake was thinking Boko Haram was a conspiracy by North to disrupt his Government. If he had taken it for what it really was, we wouldn't have gotten to this.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by neocortex: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mutuwa:
wink

In fact who ever said there will be peace and tranquility in the end times?Army can just do their own part,and leave the rest to the almighty.
The greatest investors in the world are arms dealers,dole by force by force they must sell their products.where will one see peace.in the caves?

Stop being dumb!
Have there been any time in history when there was general peace and tranquility ?
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by DonBobes(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
RickRichards:
I kinda agree. We're talking about an assymetrical war here. You can't make promises on those. Even Uncle Sam couldn't keep to schedule in Iraq and now Afghanistan. Better to not make any promises.

goodluck is even more USELESS!
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by foriz4u(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
menix:
Sincerely, a carrot nd stick would be the best approach.

Ending Bokoharam is like Nestlé filing for bankruptcy.

These guyz make huge sum on weapons, the developed countries have old weapons they must dispose so they must create atmosphere for buyers, unfortunately we have found our nation in such condition.

Well we pray magic happens cous GEJ tried his best..
Pls I still don't understand what dis "carrot and stick" approach means- I don't know weather its and idiom or a parable self, pls can u explain it in details to me and possibly with ref? Thanks.
Actually, I fink what d man in d interview said is true because if BH is truly gonna be eradicated by Dec I'm sure by now Nigerians ought to have been seeing some level of calmness and restoration of peace in the region affected but notin of such instd Bombs r still going off and ppl r still dying. God help dis country sha d tin done tire me dat its no more news and sympathetic again. Its kinda look normal now.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Mutuwa(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
neocortex:

Stop being dumb!
Have there been any time in history when there was general peace and tranquility ?

yes.when Ediotts like you were on your mothers back.
young lads of nowadays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have Rescued Nigeria From Boko Haram – President Buhari Boasts In Abu Dhabi / Buhari To Summon Minister, IGP Over Constable Recruitment Crisis / Taskforce Brutalise Otodo Gbame Residents Protesting Illegal Eviction By Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.