Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson (16740 Views)

Military Unlikely To Crush Boko Haram By December Deadline - ThisDay / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by neocortex: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mutuwa:

yes.when Ediotts like you were on your mothers back.
young lads of nowadays.

I guess you have comprehension problem,
kindly back up your assumptions with concrete example.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Mutuwa(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
neocortex:

I guess you have comprehension problem,
kindly back up your assumptions with concrete example.

you are more confused than a rodent in a female hostel,and more mixed up than a feather in a sand storm.
re read my post please and give it its literal meaning,if you cannot,then you are as dumb as a cow!
thing is you read to understand you Ediott,and not read to insultingly,put up an inconsequential reply.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by menix(m): 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
foriz4u:

Pls I still don't understand what dis "carrot and stick" approach means- I don't know weather its and idiom or a parable self, pls can u explain it in details to me and possibly with ref? Thanks.
Actually, I fink what d man in d interview said is true because if BH is truly gonna be eradicated by Dec I'm sure by now Nigerians ought to have been seeing some level of calmness and restoration of peace in the region affected but notin of such instd Bombs r still going off and ppl r still dying. God help dis country sha d tin done tire me dat its no more news and sympathetic again. Its kinda look normal now.

It is a reference to a cart driver dangling a carrot in front of a mule and holding a stick behind it. The mule would move towards the carrot because it wants the reward of food, while also moving away from the stick behind it, since it does not want the punishment of pain, thus drawing the cart.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by neocortex: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mutuwa:

you are more confused than a rodent in a female hostel,and more mixed up than a feather in a sand storm.
re read my post please and give it its literal meaning,if you cannot,then you are as dumb as a cow!
thing is you read to understand you Ediott,and not read to insultingly,put up an inconsequential reply.

Oh sorry man, I underestimated your stupidity and dullness.
I wish you quick recovery.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Mutuwa(m): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
neocortex:

Oh sorry man, I underestimated your stupidity and dullness.
I wish you quick recovery.

Ediott.
I realized you are one of those love children here on N.L.
Get me your dad lemme talk to him please,you devoid manners you filthy loveless goat.
I can understand from your status frustrated ways.
love child.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by mrjangaweed: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
genearts:

At early stage GEJ's term, he had the support of all Nigerians including the opposition to tackle BH, it was when he started displaying his clueessness Nigerians gave up on him and started bashing him for his gross incompetence in tackling BH, how long has PMB been in office??

lies do you want me to dig up acn or cpc hate comments?
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by foriz4u(m): 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
menix:

It is a reference to a cart driver dangling a carrot in front of a mule and holding a stick behind it. The mule would move towards the carrot because it wants the reward of food, while also moving away from the stick behind it, since it does not want the punishment of pain, thus drawing the cart.

Hmm... Intelligent tough, though I c no "solutional" approach in dat scenario of tackling the BH maniac because notin looking at the scenario deeply, d cart driver(FG) is in a continues struggle to get to his destination while d mule keeps moving and wen the cart driver stops it also stops. Meaning it will continue its usual sleeping, looking or snoring behavior wen left alone. D question now is dis. How long do u keep chasing ur enemies knowing ur punishment can eliminate them? Why not kill d mule instead and then trek to ur destination on foot?? So I don't fink the carrot and d stick approach will work. In another angel, where r u even chasing d mule to Neighboring street? With borders and securities? Will they accept them? R u gonna wait at the boundaries 4 ever to ensure they don't return? Are u gonna empty a river because u want an ocean? Imporsicant!!!
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
Well, serious people give deadlines. Also, they don't say never. The Presidency gave a mandate to the army to do it's job by the end of the year. A disciplined army(zombie) says YES SIR. That's military for you, it's not politics, they work with order or command. Even in establishment, when the CEO, HOD, manager or oga gives deadline or target, the employees struggle to achieve and even surpass it. There's something that links success with goalsetting, winners understand this. Mediocres and wailers don't.

2 Likes

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by hamzeiy: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Only a foolish and insensitive individual, would have made such a ridiculous and ignoble promise. Useless president.
anyway am nt suprised....your pple have never had respect for age
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by passionate88: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Segadem:
uncle j.j. if God be by your side they can be subdue in a day.
God?
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by genearts(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
mrjangaweed:

lies do you want me to dig up acn or cpc hate comments?

Dig it up

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Okanokan(m): 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
There is no way you can wipe out terrorism, it can only be contained. Any person who tells you that it will be wiped out is being economical with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 09, 2015
Image123:
Well, serious people give deadlines. Also, they don't say never. The Presidency gave a mandate to the army to do it's job by the end of the year. A disciplined army(zombie) says YES SIR. That's military for you, it's not politics, they work with order or command. Even in establishment, when the CEO, HOD, manager or oga gives deadline or target, the employees struggle to achieve and even surpass it. There's something that links success with goalsetting, winners understand this. Mediocres and wailers don't.

Only a fool sets goals arbitrarily. The Nigerian army and Fed Govt are underrating their enemy and this is very dangerous. I watched Channels TV report on yesterday's attack on Geidam and I was amazed at the level of delusion expressed by the Army Chief.
Imagine Buratai telling his boys that Boko Haram are not trained fighters, Immediately knew we had a big problem in our hands.
Please go through this link and check out what our dear army is up against.
http://jihadology.net/category/the-islamic-state/wilayat-gharb-ifriqiyyah
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Image123(m): 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lobeez:

Only a fool sets goals arbitrarily. The Nigerian army and Fed Govt are underrating their enemy and this is very dangerous. I watched Channels TV report on yesterday's attack on Geidam and I was amazed at the level of delusion expressed by the Army Chief.
Imagine Buratai telling his boys that Boko Haram are not trained fighters, Immediately knew we had a big problem in our hands.
Please go through this link and check out what our dear army is up against.
http://jihadology.net/category/the-islamic-state/wilayat-gharb-ifriqiyyah

Setting a three months target to quell insurgency is not an arbitrary goal but a very achieveable goal. The boko haram foot soldiers running through villages and towns, killing people, and causing mayhem are not as well trained as the soldiers. Maybe their financiers/sponsors are trained, but not the folks that do the job. These are the ones to whom Buratai referred. They were the ones that held that attack for hours yesterday.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Image123:

Setting a three months target to quell insurgency is not an arbitrary goal but a very achieveable goal. The boko haram foot soldiers running through villages and towns, killing people, and causing mayhem are not as well trained as the soldiers. Maybe their financiers/sponsors are trained, but not the folks that do the job. These are the ones to whom Buratai referred. They were the ones that held that attack for hours yesterday.

I'd have to disagree with you on this one; Firstly, there is nowhere in the world presently where insurgency has been completely wiped out, even in places where world military heavyweights have been involved. So for a government to come in and hastily give a 3 months deadline for crushing BH when the same government have refused to appoint its cabinet siting the lapses in the handover from the past administration as an excuse leaves a lot of questions to be asked. because if the task of naming your cabinet requires you to carefully analyze handover reports first, is it fighting insurgency that will be that easy?

Please check out the link I posted earlier, some revelations there are worth noting
The fact is that these insurgents are well trained on weapons handling as well as guerrilla warfare tactics; we have seen them commandeer armored tanks and effortlessly use them; also remember the 911 attack on the US soil, the terrorists where even trained as pilots. This is 21st century insurgency for you and not the Maitatsine group of the 80's.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Image123(m): 3:42am On Oct 10, 2015
Lobeez:

I'd have to disagree with you on this one; Firstly, there is nowhere in the world presently where insurgency has been completely wiped out, even in places where world military heavyweights have been involved. So for a government to come in and hastily give a 3 months deadline for crushing BH when the same government have refused to appoint its cabinet siting the lapses in the handover from the past administration as an excuse leaves a lot of questions to be asked. because if the task of naming your cabinet requires you to carefully analyze handover reports first, is it fighting insurgency that will be that easy?

Please check out the link I posted earlier, some revelations there are worth noting
The fact is that these insurgents are well trained on weapons handling as well as guerrilla warfare tactics; we have seen them commandeer armored tanks and effortlessly use them; also remember the 911 attack on the US soil, the terrorists where even trained as pilots. This is 21st century insurgency for you and not the Maitatsine group of the 80's.

On "no where in the world", there's always a first. America don't have to do it before we copy them. We did it in 1984 BTW. Also, setting deadline or time is very good. It helps assessment and commitment. Even our general every day class assignments may not be done or taken seriously without submission time and deadlines. There's extra gear of psychological seriousness that comes with setting time. On boko haram boys, their foot soldiers are mostly ragtag poor children/youths indoctrinated and set to die. At the top, yes. Their sponsors are trained, but the boys running around villages, mba.
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 10, 2015
Image123:

On "no where in the world", there's always a first. America don't have to do it before we copy them. We did it in 1984 BTW. Also, setting deadline or time is very good. It helps assessment and commitment. Even our general every day class assignments may not be done or taken seriously without submission time and deadlines. There's extra gear of psychological seriousness that comes with setting time. On boko haram boys, their foot soldiers are mostly ragtag poor children/youths indoctrinated and set to die. At the top, yes. Their sponsors are trained, but the boys running around villages, mba.

Then I guess you are under estimating the problemproblem. Please check out the link I posted
Re: Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 10, 2015
Image123:

Then I guess you are under estimating the problem. Please check out the link I posted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun By-Election: Fayose Congratulates Adeleke, Says Isiaka Didn’t Die In Vain / Buhari Has Turned Nigeria To The Headquarters Of Fulanis In Africa - Okurounmu / Lagos CBD Removes Illegal Structures, Makeshift Shops From Roads, Walkways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.