Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. (5195 Views)

Faces Of The Failed Coup Plotters In Burundi (pics) / Faces Of The Innocent Victims Of Flight MH17 That Killed All 298 People. / Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by MrCrackles(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2009
LadyT:

You mis-understand me I agree with you. I personally think its worst when a black person is racist to someone else. Should we not know better?

Look on here you have igbo and yoruba battles etc going back and forth. And these guys are the same skin colour!

Ok i get you Tee wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sagamite(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2009
LadyT:

You mis-understand me I agree with you. I personally think its worst when a black person is racist to someone else. Should we not know better?

Look on here you have igbo and yoruba battles etc going back and forth. And these guys are the same skin colour!

Most people are not sharp enough to reason, so we will always have issues like this. The important thing is to ensure those in this category never have enough clout to have significant influence on the course of society's future.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by OneNaija(m): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2009
Most Nigerians don't think Before the post on this Thread.Sometime I think they Lack African Mentality Or they have suffer from Poverty before they left to UK. They always Worship American and UK.You need to come Home to get a Respect then you can Able to Think before you Post. Well I wont write much.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by LadyT(f): 11:28am On Apr 24, 2009
OneNaija:

Most Nigerians don't think Before the post on this Thread.Sometime I think they Lack African Mentality Or they have suffer from Poverty before they left to UK. They always Worship American and UK.You need to come Home to get a Respect then you can Able to Think before you Post. Well I wont write much.

Is your visa stuck at the embassy or something?
I suggest 3 days fasting and prayer with periodic screaming of Holy ghost fire!
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by MrCrackles(m): 11:30am On Apr 24, 2009
LadyT:

I suggest 3 days fasting and prayer with periodic screaming of Holy ghost fire!

Hehehee! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sagamite(m): 11:33am On Apr 24, 2009
OneNaija:

shocked shocked shocked

With this kind of English, the poverty that will jam you will be unmatched.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by debosky(m): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2009
LadyT:

I suggest 3 days fasting and prayer with[b] periodic screaming[/b] of Holy ghost fire!
grin grin cheesy

@ topic

she's hot - apart from the surname, she doesn't look 'Nigerian' to me, so it must simply be the fact that she's black. On the other hand, she could be black-British, so this could be a case of her (recent) African heritage.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by OneNaija(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2009
God forbid I cant travel to UK.It is Build with an Evils structure. I better go to Jamaica than stay in UK.I know some of you are totally Mental.don't worry.There is a Solution. Holla at me Later I will tell you.One things so you wont forget.I can take care of you even as you in Uk suffering.I think it is better you come home why suffering?
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by OneNaija(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2009
I am not a PHD Holder like you, So Ya , take your PHD Certificate to Barclay's Bank any of your Local Areas and Present it and they will give 100 Pound to eat Egusi soup at Newton Restaurant.I think it been a While you Eat Egusi and Eba.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by toshacer: 11:42am On Apr 24, 2009
@Poster

You must have your head examined for porous matter diseminating itself via medulated frequencies to attempt to twist your thinking oblongata medulaly. This is a case of one single nutter calling to make a racist statement and you present the whole thing as if the whole country is against the lady - do you know where York is, do you know how small the city is? York is an extremely whte dominated little cottage lifestyle city in the UK, so, for them to think black arse dudes are problem to them is understandable.

So, poster, I reccomend you need to attend the medical school where she attends so that the particles of igrantiated reposition trying to halucnate itself into your medula oblongata be eroded so that you head can with no perenial obstruction, be able to juxtaose the mediocrity of reporting articles that are self paraded as frigid and manipulated mistotle.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sauron1: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2009
Sagamite:

I couldn't agree more.
What you don't like being done to you, don't do to others especially when it is unreasonable.

I agree with you here. . . . . .
Black people are more guilty of it.

OneNaija:

God forbid I cant travel to UK.It is Build with an Evils structure. I better go to Jamaica than stay in UK.I know some of you are totally Mental.don't worry.There is a Solution. Holla at me Later I will tell you.One things so you wont forget.I can take care of you even as you in Uk suffering.I think it is better you come home why suffering?

The UK can't even accomodate loonies like you.
Go and attend adult classes to polish your appaling use of English.
Anuofia. grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by OneNaija(m): 11:56am On Apr 24, 2009
Come to Nigeria I am better than your Generation.Sick Peoples in Nairaland. What do peoples call Barrack Obama. His Mother is White and Father Kenya.Since I know peoples from UK.They don't have Sense.Only Affected with the Condition of life there. Never Mind Because What I earn Monthly here I think if you work with the UK Government you cant Earn It. You are a Waste in your Family since you are In UK. If you are in other European Countries then I think you must have some little sense.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sagamite(m): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2009
OneNaija:

OneNaija:

I am not a PHD Holder like you, So Ya , take your PHD Certificate to Barclay's Bank any of your Local Areas and Present it and they will give 100 Pound to eat Egusi soup at Newton Restaurant.I[b] think it been a While [/b] you Eat Egusi and Eba.

OneNaija:

Come to Nigeria I am better than your Generation.Sick Peoples in Nairaland. What do peoples call Barrack Obama. His Mother is White and Father Kenya.Since I know peoples from UK.They don't have Sense.Only Affected with the Condition of life there. Never Mind Because What I earn Monthly here I think if you work with the UK Government you cant Earn It. You are a Waste in your Family since you are In UK. If you are in other European Countries then I think you must have some little sense.

shocked shocked shocked

Yeepa!!! ikeyman00 someone is taking your title in the shooting range of murdering English.

I have no doubt the only way this guy can earn money is through armed robbery.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by kunle4mr: 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2009
many girls in nigeria today pray for this, grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by OneNaija(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2009
@Sagamite Shouldn't you have a license for being that ugly? Wow,You should learn from your parents mistakes try using some birth control.Listen, are you always this stupid or are you just making a special effort today?
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by kunle4mr: 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2009
i don't like people travel to abroad let us stay hera in nigeria and make things workout fine. this is our fathers land,
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by OneNaija(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2009
Mostly Peoples in Uk they are all Affected with the Condition of life there. No money to come back Nigeria again. Na wa oo.I fit help sha.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by presido1: 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2009
I really don't Understand any of you Guys. There many peoples in U.K which I can describe as a Racist., U.K White Citizen can call a Nigerians 419. It is all Nigerians are doing 419? No , So UK are racist It does not Describe that all UK Citizen are Racist.so get your head back in the Toilet and Piss off.

The poster has a point here, Itz good and acceptable by us when they call us 419ners cuz few of us do 419 but itz not good and acceptable by us to call them racist cuz one or 1% of them still act as such. Colomentality at Work.

Do u guys think that caller is a lone voice in this case? they must have discussed it before he took the phone to make that call. Little or noffin will come out of police investigation. They have coloured case and white case in British Justice.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Skywalker5(m): 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2009
OneNaija:

Mostly Peoples in Uk they are all Affected with the Condition of life there. No money to come back Nigeria again. Na wa oo.I fit help sha.

Guy haba £600 no bad now. why u dey mess us?. grin grin grin grin

BUt i agree with you say dem be racist sha. Na everywhere.No b only UK.

Na only Naija i know wey dey treat foreigners with too much respect sha

People are different .They have thier reason why they want to stay here.

4 me .After my masters,i dey run commot. JUst some lifestyles i cant enjoy here that i can in Niaja grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by JJYOU: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2009
Sky-walker:

Guy haba £600 no bad now. why u dey mess us?. grin grin grin grin

BUt i agree with you say dem be racist sha. Na everywhere.No b only UK.

Na only Naija i know wey dey treat foreigners with too much respect sha
there are more tribalists in naija than you have racists in britain.

Quote from: [size=18pt]LadyT [/size]on Today at 11:28:59 AM
I suggest 3 days fasting and prayer with periodic screaming of Holy ghost fire
!

[size=22pt]WINNER BEST POST OF THE WEEK[/size]. many thanks
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Skywalker5(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2009
JJYOU:

there are more tribalists in naija than you have racists in britain.

used to hear that but never experienced it. NIgeria is a very good place for real. If you got a good job.

Just cant wait to get back after studies. i feel free in my own land than here.

i have spoken to some people and if u hear their story and u are in thier shoes, u will never return to Naija so i dont feel its good sometimes to insult some people doing menial jobs and staying put in UK cuz u dont know the main reason y
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sauron1: 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2009
presido1:

The poster has a point here, Itz good and acceptable by us when they call us 419ners cuz few of us do 419 but itz not good and acceptable by us to call them racist cuz one or 1% of them still act as such. Colomentality at Work.

We cannot call em racists cos we are bigger racists than they are.
A black man calls you a nigger and u smile.
A white man says the same and you get angry.
In other words, black men are comfortable with the N word as long as it's another black man saying it and not a white guy. Isn't that reverse racism??

Do u guys think that caller is a lone voice in this case? they must have discussed it before he took the phone to make that call. Little or noffin will come out of police investigation. They have coloured case and white case in British Justice.

Africans do the same thing as well.
Can a white woman win a beauty contest in the North or in the East of Nigeria??
Don'u hear kids sing "oyinbo pepper" in Lagos when they see white folks?? Is that not racism??
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Skywalker5(m): 1:23pm On Apr 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

A black man calls you a nigger and u smile.
A white man says the same and you get angry.
In other words, black men are comfortable with the N word as long as it's another black man saying it and not a white guy. Isn't that reverse racism??

Yes we smile cuz we understand its a compliment when they use it.to each other THey dont mean it as an abusive word.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2009
LadyT (f)
London

Offline Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest.
« #27 on: Today at 11:11:06 AM »

Because we are conditioned to think everyone is racist but us. Because we have suffered for so long!

Conditioned by whom? Majority of Nigerians have not been outside of the shores of that country. Same applies to most of Africa. Many have never really seen or met any “Racist” outsider, let alone experiencing racism first hand from a foreigner, so how have they suffered long? Even an Hausa man who has lived all his life among his fellow Hausas can be a racist as they come to the first Yoruba man he meets, and you claim we were conditioned, I ask, conditioned by whom? Roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sauron1: 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2009
Sky-walker:

Yes we smile cuz we understand its a compliment when they use it.to each other THey dont mean it as an abusive word.

What makes you think that way??
If your mate(white lad) calls you a nigga jokingly, will u be offended?
What makes the word ok for a black man but it's an offence when a white man uses it in the same context??
Reverse racism!!!!
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by texazzpete(m): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2009
presido1:

Well, i know that in the UK no national TV channel will play any song advocating or supporting racism, and obvious racists are treated with derision by society.
However in the Nigeria we all come from, songs like 'Maga don Pay', 'Yahoozee' are chart toppers. They exist on youtube and 80% of the comments on them are from Nigerians praising the yahoo yahoo culture. Even a crass song like 'I go chop your dollar' made it to No 1. 419 kingpins are feted and celebrated in style here in this country. So how do you expect outsiders to see our commitment to shaking off our 419 tag?

One man made one racist phone call. Very limited sphere of influence. One Nigerian teen sends over 5000 emails daily. At the end of the day, what kinda perception do you think is created?
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by texazzpete(m): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

What makes you think that way??
If your mate(white lad) calls you a nigga jokingly, will u be offended?
What makes the word ok for a black man but it's an offence when a white man uses it in the same context??
Reverse racism!!!!

Better still, we have BET (Black Entertainment TV). If the whites had WET, we'd be offended.
We had FUBU (For Us By US). When the hoax rumors came out that Calvin Klein didnt wanna make clothes for blacks, we were offended.

Ludacris disses the President, it's entertainment. Eminem releases a video mocking Michael Jackson, it's racism. Plus, he got banned from BET.

Reverse racism sucks. Which is why i feel Al Sharpton and Jesse JAckson are full of bullcrap.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sagamite(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2009
presido1:

And Black people don't state negative things about white people?

presido1:

What Where is the logic in that derivation? Must have discussed?  angry

You just got that assumption from the wind?

texazzpete:

Better still, we have BET (Black Entertainment TV). If the whites had WET, we'd be offended.
We had FUBU (For Us By US). When the hoax rumors came out that Calvin Klein didnt wanna make clothes for blacks, we were offended.

Ludacris disses the President, it's entertainment. Eminem releases a video mocking Michael Jackson, it's racism. Plus, he got banned from BET.

Reverse racism sucks. Which is why i feel Al Sharpton and Jesse JAckson are full of bullcrap.

GBAM!!! grin

Al Sharpton is a slowpoke.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by presido1: 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Can a white woman win a beauty contest in the North or in the East of Nigeria??
You asked a question which i can't ansa until they contest, I know a white Portuguese that contested in Angola and won. You can say Nigerians are tribal in nature but nat racist. A Nigerian will receive a foreigner more than his fellow country men.
Why the North or East and not Nigeria.

~Sauron~:

OK cuz we are bigger racist we are not qualified to call them racist. Don't oyibo do fraud? but they still call all of us fraudstars.

texazzpete:

Well, i know that in the UK no national TV channel will play any song advocating or supporting racism, and obvious racists are treated with derision by society.
Which TV channel does that in Nigeria? Are u not aware they have a confirmed racist Political Party in UK? How do you think they will potray us if such party is in Nigeria?.

Sagamite:

And Black people don't state negative things about white people?
And white people don't do fraud? Dude don't ask question like a kid.

Sagamite:

What Where is the logic in that derivation? Must have discussed? angry
You just got that assumption from the wind?
That voice is not a lone.

Racism in UK is worst than you think. In germany they show you that they don't like you then you know how to trade with them but in UK they will pretend and whoop you from the back.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by bawomolo(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2009
lol one call and we no go rest grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by Sagamite(m): 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2009
presido1:

And white people don't do fraud? Dude don't ask question like a kid.

Black people in Britain say more racist things than whites, so if someone is going to be termed racist based on what they say then it has to be the Blacks.

presido1:

That voice is not a lone.

You said they must have discussed it before the guy called (to obviously indirectly back you assertion that the UK is racist). Can you explain the rationale of your "must"? And are you saying a single individual can not be solely responsible for a racist behaviour, it is always the consipiracy of the evil whites?

presido1:

Racism in UK is worst than you think. In germany they show you that they don't like you then you know how to trade with them but in UK they will pretend and whoop you from the back.

There are more opportunities for a Black person in UK than any other white place on earth.
Re: Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest. by ElRazur: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2009
Funny thread. Highlights the massive "state of being unaware" that is ever present on this forum.

The action of a few, do not represent the majority. smiley She won it, so no way "UK is racist" as suggested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days / Russia Orders Obama: Tell World About Aliens, Or We Will. / Congratulations Mr. Biden, The Difference Is Clear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.