Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News (15378 Views)

FG Sacks John-Kennedy Opara As Christian Pilgrims Boss / FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Reptyle(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2015
mbulela:

Your point is noted. However read your initial comment and see if same advice should not be applied to you?
You were condescending in your choice of words as you lumped thoses of us who were aware of the differential and referring to that and those who assumed envelopes were being given out.

Apologies if I came across that way.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2015
HrmOlolade:
And who told it has no basis, u don't type wah u don't know idiot
Show poof or you fvck off my mentions. Fucktard_

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by diabolo: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
FG is not sponsoring anybody on pilgrimage. The CBN is just making $11m available for them to buy as PTA at a subsidized rate of NGN160 to a dollar.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by loomer: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Austin4lif:
am not surprised, majority of people who don't believe in the supremacy of a supernatural being are yoruba. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

I it is a way of life, then it's culture.

And by the way, why if u dey fill form and dem ask for ur religion u go put christianity. Make all una dey mumu una selves
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by bashydemy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
PRYCE:
I'm not only talking about this topic bro... I meant the whole sponsorship of pilgrims! Muslims and Christians!... you can't deny that the gov't sponsors them right?
Please can you get me a source to proof Federal Govt is sponsoring them?
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by bashydemy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
kennykg:

Who would be paying for the difference in the changing of the currency?
Still the task payers money
and isn't that suppose to be part of devidend of democracy to make life easy for the people....
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
jomoh:

Why is that everyone on the front page is an illiterate. Yes Illiterate.

$11million dollars is not coming out og the governments pocket but the pockets of the individuals travelling. Only that they have the opportunity to buy up to a total of $11million dollars at N160 each at $1000 maximum per person.

So no one on the front page is educated enough to read and comprehend. No wonder they say our graduates are half baked.
I have a lot to say but I'm not gonna be verbose on this issue.
Oh yes, the #160 is a subsidized rate which the government will have to bear.
Please read well again and get a dictionary to check the meaning of 'subsidy'.... Or ask an economist the meaning of ' subsidized rate'.
Mr Literate grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by jomoh: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I have a lot to say but I'm not gonna be verbose on this issue.
Oh yes, the #160 is a subsidized rate which the government will have to bear.
Please read well again and get a dictionary to check the meaning of 'subsidy'.... Or ask an economist the meaning of ' subsidized rate'.
Mr Literate grin grin grin

Yes I know quite alright that it is subsidy Mr Illiterate.

So is N36 on each dollar the same thing as $11million?

If he does you shout if he doesn't you shout.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by 989900: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
State sponsored pilgrimage = misplaced priority/insanity.

When will business men and students too be able to get cheaper dollar -- that's more productive!
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
jomoh:

Yes I know quite alright that it is subsidy Mr Illiterate.

So is N36 on each dollar the same thing as $11million?

If he does you shout if he doesn't you shout.
You now accept the fact that the government will have to bear the subsidy
Who's the illiterate here?
So inconsequentially controversial

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Bossky07: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
eeeeeee:

I do not support the use of government funds to sponsor pilgrims be it muslims or christisns.

Guy but u talk say he sponsored Muslims to hajj. Better retract ur statement or STFU!!!
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by 989900: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
diabolo:
FG is not sponsoring anybody on pilgrimage. The CBN is just making $11m available for them to buy as PTA at a subsidized rate of NGN160 to a dollar.

=N440m worth of subsidy.

And we will still have racketeers trying to exploit the gesture in connivance with the banks.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by godwil114(m): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
PRYCE:
Your Papa na the mumu!... I'm so ready for you!
see bastard way dey ready.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by jomoh: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
handsomeclouds:
You now accept the fact that the government will have to bear the subsidy
Who's the illiterate here?
So controversially inconsequential!

You're still the illiterate.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
jomoh:

okay sir

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
jomoh:

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
jomoh:

grin grin grin Kk.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
jomoh:

grin grin grin Okay sir!

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by jomoh: 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
handsomeclouds:
grin grin grin

You see what am saying. Posting the same thing 3times.

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
jomoh:

You see what am saying. Posting the same thing 3times.
Well that's due to network problem here

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by kennykg(m): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
bashydemy:
and isn't that suppose to be part of devidend of democracy to make life easy for the people....
If that's the dividend of democracy form the Muslims and Christians what happens to the traditionalist and the atheist cause I know they are also Nigerians and pay taxes
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by kennykg(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
diabolo:
Paying full and paying a certain percentage is still same.. Why even bother doing that so what happens to those that didn't go for the pilgrimage and are either Muslims or Christian ?, those that are neither Muslims nor Christian?, those that can't even afford to have 2 square meals?... How would they get their #34 cause they are also tax payers and Nigerian.

For someone to say he/she wants to go to the Holy Land you must be fully capable and able to take care of yourself in all areas..
We can't always be wasting money on things like this. All the people that have been sponsored over the years what have they done?
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by hoobs(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
PRYCE:
See as money dey waste!!

This shit should be moved to the private sector please! $11m would do a lot for common Nigerians... I mean it'll be better sef if the government just goes out on the street and throws all of it in the Air!
you are very silly,why didn't u said that when muslims went to stone d devil??,how much does Muslim use when compared to what Christians use?
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
hoobs:
you are very silly,why didn't u said that when muslims went to stone d devil??,how much does Muslim use when compared to what Christians use?

I'm damn sure you're NOT a Christian.
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by ebrochukwu(m): 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
You people should not just read topic without reading it's content. The government is not sponsoring, the government is just aiding people going by selling dollar to them at a reduced price. Please read before jumping to conclusion. Highbro tech
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by PRYCE(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
hoobs:
Bros Chill I'm a Christian! I believe sponsoring Pilgrimage Christian and Muslim is a waste of vital resources that could have been channeled somewhere else!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by PRYCE(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
godwil114:
see bastard way dey ready.
Yeah I'm a bastard... got no worries as long as your mom's A LovePeddler with a history of incest!! So sure she's fuccked you before...
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by yudee233: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hope you will not start comparing what Jonathan spent. This act of Government sponsoring pilgrimage should be rejected and the money use for better pressing needs
EagleScribes:
Where are the folks alleging plans to islamize Nigeria? Hope you can see this

$11 million! What a waste of money!

what value does this add to the nation's economy and situation?

People scamming people in the name of religion since time immemorial
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by bashydemy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
kennykg:

If that's the dividend of democracy form the Muslims and Christians what happens to the traditionalist and the atheist cause I know they are also Nigerians and pay taxes
Remeber if you are traveling as an individual too the President approve that you can buy at normal bank rate with the proof of your traveling document..
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by kennykg(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
bashydemy:
Remeber if you are traveling as an individual too the President approve that you can buy at normal bank rate with the proof of your traveling document..
So what happens to those that can afford that and pay taxes?
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by isaacbush1987: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls help me click on this. http://PayRefe.com/?ref=131811 I dey beg help ooo I beg
Re: FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News by EagleScribes: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
yudee233:
Hope you will not start comparing what Jonathan spent. This act of Government sponsoring pilgrimage should be rejected and the money use for better pressing needs

And that's my point! Whoever is there, whatever religion it may be, this act should stop!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap / Atiku Campaign Song Plartform Opens: Young Nigerians Excited / Edwin Clark: Why Tinubu Is Afraid To Speak On Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.