Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti (9040 Views)

'Buhari Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company': Nigerian Youths Protest In Abuja (Pics) / FG Kick-starts Resuscitation Of Ajaokuta Steel Company / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2015
Nigeria, a country blessed with so much in natural resources yet suffering from "resource curse" . Our economy has crumbled before our eyes and we have become largely dependent on importing products which ordinarily we should export and have abundant domestic supply to boost out local industries and in turn, our economic strength.

Steel has proven to be an economic power to any country that has the industry developed. America has its steel industry as a dominant factor in its raise as a world power. In Russia today, its the strength of their steel industries that help the nation weather against the onslaught of Western sanctions.

With the advent of a new government under President Muhammadu Buhari, we, the good citizens of Nigeria, tender our plea to the President and his wise team to kindly make, as part of the Federal Government's desire to diversify from an oil-dependent economy to mining amongst others, the revival of the Ajaokuta Steel Company a priority. On completion, it poses to be the largest integrated steel complex in the Sub-Saharan Africa and shall well usher Nigeria into vision 2020.

Nigerians care because a functioning Ajaokuta Steel Company shall be the backbone for economic diversification and bedrock for industrialization. Its revival would stimulate several other industries for production of building and construction components, agricultural and industrial tools, domestic and industrial appliances, automobiles, weapons and so much for domestic use and export.

This singular industry poses to provide employment for millions of Nigerians - local crafts men, professionals of all fields, genders, disabled, at home and diaspora... everyone!!!

Please our dear President, make the revival of Ajaokuta Steel Company an utmost priority so that we all can collectively rebuild Nigeria for our children; regain its economic strength and become a world industrial giant.

https://www.change.org/p/president-muhammadu-buhari-vice-president-prof-yemi-osibanjo-a-plea-to-revive-ajaokuta-steel-company-fa0f5ff5-d622-4482-b240-c0e8a6a74d68?recruiter=57114361&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

9 Likes

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2015
Change is on the way
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by dustydee: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2015
unfortunately the current price of steel does not encourage investment in steel mills. A steel mill just closed down in the UK due to dumping by China.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by podosci(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2015
So much waste in this country......I live in Ajaokuta and understand what it means to have sooo much but yet enjoy so little

2 Likes

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 09, 2015
the national body of the national association of metallurgical and materials engineering students (NAMMES) are embarking on a peaceful protest at Abuja next month..all our plights including the long term inactivity of ajaokuta would be registered and made known to the right groups of people..

in the mean time, we can only hope that the FG helps to awaken ajaokuta's lost glory..

lalasticlala. please help us push this to FrontPage..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
lalasticlala please do the needful
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by damton(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Noted. Change is on the way. God bless Nigeria.
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by omusiliyu(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Lincoln275(m): 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nice development
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by richidinho(m): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Aluminium smelter company, Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom

Ajaokuta Steel Company, Kogi State
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Joeace3000(m): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
This government better sit up. i lost faith seeing that ministerial nominee list

Meanwhile for those people who have no jobs, are tired of switching jobs or have no skill at all and want to develop skills that can fetch them money online as well as offline, here is my Nairaland thread where you can come in to learn how to get these skills and join fiverr and offer Hot, In-demand Services with those skills and make steady money monthly working from them. I will teach you how you can join fiverr.com and start making money right from your home today. There are very easy ways of making it through the internet, you just have to find the safest and surest way, and this one beckons. follow me now...The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by simplemach(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
He's presently concentrating on his brothers and sister (IDPs)displaced by his brothers and sisters (boko haram). Until he is done with them, no other Agender.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by maxiuc(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
In edwin clarks voice .am nolonger in wailers party of nigeria (WPN)
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by seenter84: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
I pray o
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by luchifrank: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
dustydee:
unfortunately the current price of steel does not encourage investment in steel mills. A steel mill just closed down in the UK due to dumping by China.
yes ohh
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
This is not good for Business...It must Fail.
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Countries are fighting to host events like world cup and others!!!! Just hosting an event will be better than this mill or steel thing!! This is the 21st century but Nigeria is still thinking with her anus!
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by shegelu: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by rolchi(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Stevaz01:
the national body of the national association of metallurgical and materials engineering students (NAMMES) are embarking on a peaceful protest at Abuja next month..all our plights including the long term inactivity of ajaokuta would be registered and made known to the right groups of people..

in the mean time, we can only hope that the FG helps to awaken ajaokuta's lost glory..

lalasticlala. please help us push this to FrontPage..

Make una go read una books, forget this peaceful protest. A lots needs to be done before we can have a competitive steel industry in Nigeria. Have you not heard of China?

1 Like

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by 360ng: 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
ok
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Where's this place?
I Dont know here
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
simplemach:
He's presently concentrating on his brothers and sister (IDPs)displaced by his brothers and sisters (boko haram). Until he is done with them, no other Agender.

Afterall He is an old man and he need to take things easy
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by damton(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
b
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by baralatie(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
dustydee:
corus steel is the largest steel conglomerate in the world and it is very functional!
I don't know of any steel production company in the UK that has closed down!

1 Like

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
baralatie:

corus steel is the largest steel conglomerate in the world and it is very functional!

The guy wan bobo us before...thanks jor

1 Like

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by Diablo666: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
No. The article is wrong. I completely disagree with the writer. There is absolutely no need to revive the steel industry. Nigeria had already wasted its opportunity when we had the time long ago to mine and produce steel, But at this stage, The world has dug up enough steel from the ground already much morethan it needs. more so the process of steel production at the Ajaokuta steel has become outdated and it cost more as the price of iron and steel worldwide has drastically reduced. No sensible government will delve into reviving the steel industry.
The best use of that place now is either to convert it into a nuclear plant and produce enough energy would could solve Nigeria power crisis (I think the government has already launched towards thats aspect).
Or Agriculture: Ajaokuta and Kogi state in general lies along the basin of river Niger. a sensible government(Thats if Kogi state can get a good Governor) would invest heavily on very large scale rice farming, then some of those steel production plant can be subtly converted by Expert into rice milling machines and that alone, is far more economically viable than steel production

6 Likes

Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by hassan85(m): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
On my own I pray. During d campaign PMB said he will revive Ajaokuta steel [in his words MINING and AGRICULTURE]. After the campaign, and elections yet to hear anything tangible. Who he [Mr President] gives those potfolios [steels and agric] to as ministers will help us see his seriousness. I seriouly hope something good happens. Y should we import all our weapons when we can produce ours ryt In Ajaokuta Steels Company?
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by nastyesco(m): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
God bless Nigeria
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by CreampieAngela(f): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
F
Re: A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti by dustydee: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
baralatie:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/sep/28/redcar-steel-plant-to-close-with-1700-job-losses

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Denies Being Appointed Ahmad Lawan’s Campaign DG / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyers Deny Being Sacked By Family / See List Of Top 15 Universities In Nigeria According To 2024 Times World Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.