Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,444 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? (26520 Views)

The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal / 10 Acres Of Land For N20million. / Samuel Robinson: Teenager Asks For N20million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Na America wey dey Mars or na the one wey dey this our earth. Who has been feeding you with this shiite , Nairalanders who dey live for America full for here , better ask them before you get brainwashed.
My brother, we done dey tell him ohh. Before he regret say he come here. One of my padi won lottery and came to d state. He was surprised to see people working their ass up with over time just to keep up with their bills. This guy almost went back home bcoz he tot he'll start building his house too immediately and go back home after just 6 months of arrival. My Brother, Sometimes 6 MONTH U Still never get job for America

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
lancee:

grin grin i experienced it this Ist 5 years .. 2 jobs .. i could not even account for most of the money made

U re welcome , if u re still young u still get opportunity ..no paying for baby sitter amgst other bills

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN EITHER GREEN CARD OR 20 MILLION ..BUT get the mindset that IT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO SETTLE ABROAD
bros, I no support green card ohhh. Me just dey sanction dat guy wey dey boost say e dey make money for Canada lol

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
20m all the way! Green card doesn't guarantee anything. Green card is a mere tracking device.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by forgiveness: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Damilare5882:
Green Card to Canada or Australia

No, Green card to Somalia grin
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by blackboy2star(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
20million ni ooo.... Green kor Purple ni grin
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
RaptorX:
You must have been watching too many Hollywood movies if you think within two years of getting to the US, you would have saved 200,000$. Lol the ignorance of many Nigerians about life abroad is something else. 95% of American citizens not even immigrants do not have 200,000$ in their bank account, most live pay check to pay check. I will reject the green card for even ordinary 10 million naira.
95% of them don't even have ordinary $9000 in their account. Someone saw $200 8 my wallet around 26 of d month n she was even telling her friends dat am rich to have CASH wt me by that time of the month

2 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
GMan650:
See as u mention #20 million and green card and people are making different wishes. You better wake up and stand up to work cos if wishes were horses I would be a master in polo

Leave dem make dem sidwn dere dey wish
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by tellwisdom: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

If I get a green card to u.s. and I am allowed to enjoy the benefits american citizens enjoy, I can make back that 20 million and even more within 2 years....

Looking at things from another angle, 20 million naira is less than 200 thousand dollars and the average folks in u.s. go homr with about 50-80k dollars after tax.
The smarter choice would be the green card.
The easier choice is 20 million.

Mugu embarassed
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by kolaaderin: 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

If I get a green card to u.s. and I am allowed to enjoy the benefits american citizens enjoy, I can make back that 20 million and even more within 2 years....

Looking at things from another angle, 20 million naira is less than 200 thousand dollars and the average folks in u.s. go homr with about 50-80k dollars after tax.

thanks Jare....... 20 million that the witches and wizard in their various villages will sit on and within 2 years they are back to ground zero.
before i can trade in free green card for cash in Nigeria, it g0t to be a very serious amount..... let say 2 billion Naira then i can say 4ck the green card

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Jexyme(f): 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hehehehehehehehehe..........................I'm laughing in tongues*

To hell with the green card. U can only collect it if u aren't doing well and have no hope of doing well even with the 20mil

Nigeria is the best country to live in!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by TheAlchemist: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
The green card...
why
1. Qualitative education for my children
2. I see one of my children becoming the next president of America... sorry to disappoint you folks it wont happen in Nigeria.. ethnicity, rotational crap and all that.
3. A society that values truthfulness more than money! see what bill cosby is going through!
4. A society that questions the source of your wealth
5. Qualitative health care system. why do you think all our rich men rush abroad for medical treatment.
6. No big man can dupe you and get away with it... the story of Nigeria
7. I dont have to make any funny calls on behalf of my children for someone to fix him/her up... if he is hard working he will easily make it abroad.
8. No need to worry about the so called african jazz.
9. Free from all those extended family.... constantly demanding...
10. I can comfortably drive my brand new car and be happy to see all around me people with beautiful rides
11. no more living in gated house, gated roof, gated street.... when one is not in zoo.. i call that living in bondage
12. It is better now to invest abroad... with the fall in crude oil price, the real value of shares will soon reveal itself which is southwards!
13. The average Nigerian worker is becoming poorer by the day due to depreciation of naira against major currencies.

6 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
kolaaderin:

thanks Jare....... 20 million that the witches and wizard in their various villages will sit on and within 2 years they are back to ground zero.
before i can trade in free green card for cash in Nigeria, it g0t to be a very serious amount..... let say 2 billion Naira then i can say 4ck the green card
lolzzz, so d witch n wizards no fit follow you come America

2 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

embarassed e get as this your choice be embarassed Your choice though sad cheesy
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by 989900: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
nextstep:

But if you're like most Nigerians who are successful within Nigeria, you don't need a green card to provide for your family. In fact, it's those people I admire: they have successful businesses; mansions in Nigeria AND in the US/UK; can travel as they like; and send their children abroad to study. Very very few green card holders can do any of that; most are just barely surviving. Which leads me to do the math, as you say.

$23/hour * 2000hours/year translates to $46000 anually. Let's break it down (roughly):

Tax rate in Canada on the first $45,000 is about 16%, leaving (46000 - 46000*16%) = $39000
Housing is about 1400, give or take, depending on if you have dependents, and adding heating+electric+internet+cable, leaving (39000-1400*12) = 22200
Food is about 500, transport 200 (600 if you loan a car), clothing, cell phone, etc. can become another $1500/month, leaving (22000-1500*12) = $4200

$4200CAD is about #700,000NGN

These numbers may not reflect your reality, but I'd be impressed if you managed to save more than 700k per year in Canada. If you did, you'll need to save for almost 28 years. Don't forget you're also going to pay sales tax on your car, clothing, phone, in short most things, so you'll end up with less than this.

With 20million today, hah, my life will change.

Actually tax is higher depending on province, liabilities, and a few other things.

That said, we are all different.
While some would/can turn that into many folds, even become 'dollar millionaires' in 5-10 years, some are totally incapable of doing anything sucessful business wise with that.
Some one on this thread already humbly acknowledged he is clueless (no disrespect intended) with large sums.

And, we have folks in Nigeria who gross north of N2,000,000/month on the average, and only started out with N5m some years back.

While we've had technocrats moved out to 'greener pastures' and become huge successes. While some returned back home with nothing to show in some cases after decades of sojourn.

I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

P.S. I wonder why this same thread-question is always featuring on NL every now and then to stroke commotion.

3 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheAlchemist:
The green card...
why
2. I see one of my children becoming the next president of America... sorry to disappoint you folks it wont happen in Nigeria.. ethnicity, rotational crap and all that.
3. A society that values truthfulness more than money! see what bill cosby is going through!
5. Qualitative health care system. why do you think all our rich men rush abroad for medical treatment.
7. I dont have to make any funny calls on behalf of my children for someone to fix him/her up... if he is hard working he will easily make it abroad.
10. I can comfortably drive my brand new car and be happy to see all around me people with beautiful rides
11. no more living in gated house, gated roof, gated street.... when one is not in zoo.. i call that living in bondage
12. It is better now to invest abroad... with the fall in crude oil price, the real value of shares will soon reveal itself which is southwards!
13. The average Nigerian worker is becoming poorer by the day due to depreciation of naira against major currencies.

but do u know dat after u established urself with dat 20 million u can still send ur children to the state for quality education? And be advised, ur children can NEVER be American president EXCEPT u born them in America. Also those witches n wizards u talking about work with air, so dem fit follow u come America too. Just work hard with the money and be prayerful
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by vodkat: 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

That is a fallacy.

dangote turn 500000 to become a billionare.

With green card ur not guaranteed to make 20 Million naira in 10 years. As your getting the money your spending it.

Everything is overpriced especially health care.

And then paying for insurance rent etc

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by chrisdonpedro: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

Choi..nd u geh sense o..smh
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
I concur with you. Most forumites chose to take the twenty million-to start a business. My question to you all is this, how many of you all have successfully managed a small business, if at all? Do you know what kind of business you want to go into? Have you thought through and learn the rudiments of such business enterprise? The fact that you look around and hear people chat about how successful one area of business is, does not mean it is for you. With green card you can get yourself educated, get a job and make money and still establish a business. With just the business, either you make money or loss all your capital and your profit inclusive. The choice between the two is yours...the hustle is real!
TheAlchemist:
The green card...
why

3 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mcteeblack:

95% of them don't even have ordinary $9000 in their account. Someone saw $200 8 my wallet around 26 of d month n she was even telling her friends dat am rich to have CASH wt me by that time of the month

grin

2 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
See jamb question green card nii

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Green card, biko...

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Cutehector(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Green card ooooooooo. I wan run go norway.

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by 4stylz: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
20million is just 100k USD joor.. with green card and a nice job that money is small na

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

[b]Wake up and go see a doctor, u have malaria.

I wear that same shoe u are dreaming of having but the truth is this, that shoe really hurts.

Everything u wrote up there are nothing but fictions either from ur imaginations or fictional stories u heard from fictional people.

With #20ml u can actually get a green card within the space of 1&half yr and still have lots of millions in naira left but with green card you will not be talking of having #20ml In 3yrs time except u are Into some Illegal shi.ts.

Wake up!

Note: People earn such amount legally and yearly too in US but not so fast as you think.

Hundreds of millions of US citizens are in all manner of debts and u are talking of green card as a means to Eldorado?

Lol @average folk earning $50k-$80k yearly? Those at that annual income range are few and the majority are below that annual wage scale.

Leaving in a functional society does not mean that its citizens are rich rather the society is structured in such a way that the citizens can at least have the basic things that makes life worth living.

Don't sit in Nigeria and write thing's u have no clue about.

[/b]

6 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by fart: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Both. How dare you make me choose

2 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
who else sees how s.t.u.p.I.d this question is?
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Funny Nigerians. Even with green card or any kind of card you won't be able to save $15,000 in 20 years. Most Nigerians are truly in the dark. 62% of Americans don't even have $1,000 in their savings. Even if you go to college you won't be able to save 20million in 15 yrs. People need to wake up, 62% of Americans don't even have $1,000 in their savings account while most Nigerians are here thinking America is what they see in Hollywood movies. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings-2015-10-06?siteid=yhoof2

3 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=byrron post=38822305]

Wake up and go see a doctor, u have malaria.

I wear that same shoe u are dreaming of having but the truth is this, that shoe really hurts.

Everything u wrote up there are nothing but fictions either from ur imaginations or fictional stories u heard from fictional people.

With #20ml u can actually get a green card within the space of 1&half yr and still have lots of millions in naira left but with green card you will not be talking of having #20ml In 3yrs time except u are Into some Illegal shi.ts.

Wake up!

Note: People earn such amount legally and yearly too in US but not so fast as you think.

Hundreds of millions of US citizens are in all manner of debts and u are talking of green card as a means to Eldorado?

GBAM !! IF U RE CALCULATING WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE , U MADE A MISTAKE .. for example ..we pay house rent Monthly , petrol/gas not the same price etc
YOU WON'T GET THE TRUE PIX .UNLESS U COME
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by sukkot: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
20 million. green card is just a piece of paper. with 20 million i can do some thangs
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=byrron post=38822305]

Wake up and go see a doctor, u have malaria.

Wake up!

GBAM !! IF U RE CALCULATING WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE , U MADE A MISTAKE .. for example ..we pay house rent Monthly , petrol/gas not the same price etc
YOU WON'T GET THE TRUE PIX .UNLESS U COME
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by riczy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
green card bro,no vex wailers!
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by 989900: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
ayodele234:
Funny Nigerians. Even with green card or any kind of card you won't be able to save $15,000 in 20 years. Most Nigerians are truly in the dark. 62% of Americans don't even have $1,000 in their savings. Even if you go to college you won't be able to save 20million in 15 yrs. People need to wake up, 62% of Americans don't even have $1,000 in their savings account while most Nigerians are here thinking America is what they see in Hollywood movies. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings-2015-10-06?siteid=yhoof2

Bills! Bills!! Bills!!!. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 / Wheelbarrow Shopping: Shopping With A Difference / Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.