Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? (26545 Views)

The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal / 10 Acres Of Land For N20million. / Samuel Robinson: Teenager Asks For N20million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
989900:

grin cheesy grin

Why would you do such a thing? wink tongue
cool lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
comradeodunze:
Your mentee took a loan to go build a house he will probably not stay in it for a month combined... he is on a long thing. Do me a favor, ask him how many times he has been to that mansion of his at Lekki. On a good day though, he can still pay off the loans . People need to understand that Economies are structured differently. Aside from this, education will open the door to many opportunities. When I mention education, I mean an inclusive one. The argument about people paying mortgages and loans does not suffice no matter what the statistics says. Let's take a step back and discuss about brothers, sisters and friends including foes that have been presented with financial help to establish or reestablish businesses and failed; mind you they are being helped by the same people most of you deride as being 'slaves' in another man's land. Note, most family members have ordinarily sent more than the mentioned amount to their family members to start one business or the other and yet nothing to show for it. The crux of it all is, if you choose to use the money to establish a business, get educated, be informed before you jump into it. The richest business men and women still owe, however, they can afford to pay. Omo the money is enticing, but proper planning and education will take you far with the money.

I totally agree with u sir
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Zenith21(m): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Its greencard to either USA, australia or canada mehn,

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by otiigba1(m): 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ofcourse green card is the ultimate! But wait o! I ve already gat green card undecided now what? *scratches head* embarassed
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
kilokeys:
I have seen millions go just like that... Guys wake up.. It ain't 20 mill dollars..

An average engineer earns 125,000 dollars per annum..

Equivalent to abt 25 million naira..

So what d heck.. With mortgage, security and loans and a chance at a better life... Knowing I could make that amount every year..

God punish 20 million naira

Lies from the pit of hell. An average engineer earning 125,000 dollars? Where do you guys get all these wrong infos sef. I was just looking at the earnings of civil engineers the other as sent by my school. it was averaging like 60k dollars for someone with MSc. Get your facts right bro

5 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by teetee12: 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
I beg I will go for green card. with that I can achieve degree in different field in u.s.a and earn over 100.000 dollars per annum. mind you your 20m here in Niger can get off under a year because your pole will come to you and buy things all kind of voodoo.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by ewizard1: 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
#scratching head...
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by doskie(m): 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
buy a land in awoyaya for 750k, sell it 50m when the airport, sea port, refinery and free trade zone is complete.

even 10 sef I go take. abeg na watin br green card again? no be that leaf wen mama ebo take dey cook eguisi? na him you say make person take? dem swear for you? abi dem tell you say I no fit use backyard treck enter london? I be bini boy oh! abeg oh!

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Elbreezy(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
Is there any money waiting for me in any country,Bleep green card...give me mah N20million.

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by bejeria101(m): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Alezy:
God bless u
Green card? Iya oyo amala joint dey there? Abeg hold your card biko hehehe
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by sleek82(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
mufasaus:
I just came back from Nigeria and I have been living in the US for almost 20 something years after graduating from Unilag with an engineering degree so I know USA very well and I have done quite a lot of business in Nigeria and I know Nigeria very well.

Please do not and I repeat NEVER equalize a USA green card with 50 million in Nigeria. They are not the same. If you work very hard in the USA and plan your life very well and not extravagant. You can easily become a millionaire in USA dollars within a short period of time.

Some of my colleagues children who own businesses and a dozen of houses in high brow area in Lagos can not even secure a job.

Please take a green card over any amount of money given to you in Nigeria any day and any time.

Do you know, you can even start a business from USA to Nigeria and vice versa and make #20m in a month.

I have friends here in the USA who are not lazy and not extravagant and plan their life very well. Some are working, investing their money and some are doing businesses between Nigeria and USA. All of them I know at least a minimum of 10 own a minimum of 1 million US dollars in assets. One of my friend lost his job about 5 years ago and he is only buying used laptops and sell in bulk in Nigeria. He just bought another investment property in New York for $450,000 and paid cash. All of us came to USA with nothing more than $100 in our pocket.
90% of the pple making comments are just thinkin of 20mill naira, they probably dont know what a green card is.....some even think its a visa, thats why they said they could get it with 20mill naira!
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Alezy(m): 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
bejeria101:

Green card? Iya oyo amala joint dey there? Abeg hold your card biko hehehe
lolz

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by mufasaus: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
The difference between Femi Otedola and those that I am talking about is they earned their money honestly and nobody have to suffer or live in an unjust society. To average Nigeria $450,000 is a lot of money but if you live in USA and work very hard, plan your life, it is nothing. I know Nigerians here who work for Investment Bank and their bonus alone is over $10m. May be you guys only hang out with the wrong crowd.

By the way, the guy who bought the $450,000 investment property is not only selling laptops alone, he does a lot more, he owns the Mr Biggs in Challenge in Ibadan, owns supermarket and he has a business he runs in the US too. I am not saying everybody can achieve this but it is much easier here if you work very hard, you don't need to kiss anybody's ass and the law will work for unlike in Nigeria where you can open a business and the authority can shut you down if you mess with the wrong person.

2 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Damminglola(f): 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
eldega:

wouldnt take time to identify a thief when u see one.........choose 1 but u want the two to ursef, typical nigerian lady

Na so e suppose be nah
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by FKMagazine(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Green card ko, blue what ni...I'll go for 20M shap shap...no dulling
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by magicminister: 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
mufasaus:
The difference between Femi Otedola and those that I am talking about is they earned their money honestly and nobody have to suffer or live in an unjust society. To average Nigeria $450,000 is a lot of money but if you live in USA and work very hard, plan your life, it is nothing. I know Nigerians here who work for Investment Bank and their bonus alone is over $10m. May be you guys only hang out with the wrong crowd.

By the way, the guy who bought the $450,000 investment property is not only selling laptops alone, he does a lot more, he owns the Mr Biggs in Challenge in Ibadan, owns supermarket and he has a business he runs in the US too. I am not saying everybody can achieve this but it is much easier here if you work very hard, you don't need to kiss anybody's ass and the law will work for unlike in Nigeria where you can open a business and the authority can shut you down if you mess with the wrong person.

Ignore them jare.
Person wey no know the value of something go talk say e dey useless.

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by ModiKen(m): 1:16am On Oct 10, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

If I get a green card to u.s. and I am allowed to enjoy the benefits american citizens enjoy, I can make back that 20 million and even more within 2 years after acquiring a college degree from u.s.....

Looking at things from another angle, 20 million naira is less than 200 thousand dollars and the average folks in u.s. go homr with about 50-80k dollars after tax.
The smarter choice would be the green card.
The easier choice is 20 million.

Disclaimer
I have been greatly criticized for my choice by some people that think it makes no sense so I feel the need to tell you guys a real life story.
My hitherto unemployed friend whom we fondly called fabulous won the us visa lottery about 2 years ago.
Now he is in the united states. He works in walmart or one of the huge stores.
He now owns his own home (three bed room apartment) and recently bought a brand new car.
He is currently pursuing a part time degree in a university and at same time working his walmart shift.
He enjoys the best healthcare, best gyms, 24/7 light and good roads. That alone will add another 5 years to his life and that is worth more than 20 milla looool

Currently, his wage is below the average income in the united states because he has no tetiary education u.s. and the nigerian degeee is not regarded.
He is working hard towards attaining a degree in accounting.

Even with 20million, he cannot enjoy such opportunities in Nigeria.

P.s. 20million cannot buy you a u.s. greencard like some people are insinuating

20 million is huge to some extent but it cannot buy you a house in ikeja or lekki phase1 or v.g.c. or ikoyi.

20 million cannot launch you a large scale business nor cannot it let you into the oil downstream sector.

Keep that at the back of your mind.

Do you ever wonder why most folks that cross over dont wanna come back??

Most folks abroad don't wanna come back home cos the country is a mess at the moment.

90% of Nigerians abroad would return back if Nigeria becomes half as developed as a western country.

Most of them miss home; they miss their families and loved ones at home and would love to be close to them.

Or haven't u heard there is no place like home?

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by talktohaywhy(m): 1:16am On Oct 10, 2015
To hell with green card.
When i can improve and expand my importation business with that and begin to make hundreds of mllions.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Blackkie: 1:21am On Oct 10, 2015
GREEN CARD!
It will redefine success for in inside out.

Give me a GREEN CARD today, call me back in 24 months and i will give you N20million with thanks!

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by sleek82(m): 1:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Empero1:

What a myopic viewpoint! Going by your analysis, someone like Femi Otedola started his business in Nigeria less than 20 years ago and today he's a billionaire in U.S. dollars. So, what are you saying?
im not sure you understand wat that word 'myopic' means. You mentioned Femi Otedola, do you know how femi started his biz? Pls go read about him

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Ryda(m): 1:52am On Oct 10, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:
20million Naira. .

20million is enuf for me to start Good agricultural business and My Political career.

4ck green card
4ck any country
4ck d government angry

Naija is My Home. . . angry
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 10, 2015
ttmacoy:
While I agree that N20 million is a lot of money, basing your calculation on $10 per hour is not taking into consideration people with good jobs who earn more.

I work in the Consulting sector and know people who work in Consulting and banking etc in the US who earn 6 figures and those quite senior who earn 7 figures in dollars. it all depends. MBA grads entering consulting start on $145k excluding bonus so will they be impressed with a one off $100k payment? That depends on the individual.

For those who are earning lower level pay or who are business inclined and have good ideas, then you are right N20 million is something to be considered but it doesn't guarantee financial success. That N20 million can be multiplied in a few years or lost in a few years.

It all depends on the opportunities available to you.

People who earn 150k annually still take loans to send their kids to school in America. In 2015 America earning $100,000 is nothing. After tax you will be left with $69,000 which barely pays the bills if you are living in a rented apartment that cost $1,500 monthly.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 10, 2015
mufasaus:

Young man stop spreading lies. 98% of Nigerians living in America have never seen $450,000 before in their life. You guys just come online and start throwing money around. If you reach the milestone of 1 million dollars in your 401k account CNN Money will profile you. This is 2015 and nobody is brainwashed again. over 80% of Americans don't even have 200,000 in their retirement account after working for almost 35 years. The 10million dollars own make me laugh...No Nigerian went to the US. and made 10 million dollars, you are the greatest liar in recent history. How much is Obama worth? Most Americans (76%) cant even come up with $500- $1,000 in emergency savings for a common car repair or hospital visit. Here is a link from CNN. Wake up bro and stop living in Disney fantasy world. http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-savings/index.html

Here is a link of Obama's net worth...http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/05/15/obama-net-worth-2014/27402933/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by wilcox(m): 4:51am On Oct 10, 2015
How can green card give me 10 million in two months legitimately? But with 20 million I can make additional 10 to 12 million in a legit business transaction within 45 days. make the most hold their green card whenever I feel like throwing cash around, can easily cough out 3 to 4million and give myself and my family a good treat in any country of my choice Atleast 3times a year.
Bro and sis, to make money is difficult but not when you have 20million and know the right track principles to apply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 10, 2015
wilcox:
How can green card give me 10 million in two months legitimately? But with 20 million I can make additional 10 to 12 million in a legit business transaction within 45 days. make the most hold their green card whenever I feel like throwing cash around, can easily cough out 3 to 4million and give myself and my family a good treat in any country of my choice Atleast 3times a year.
Bro and sis, to make money is difficult but not when you have 20million and know the right track principles to apply.

Green card can't give you 5 million in 15 years. Do not believe the hype. When they get to America they will understand. Go to school do anything you like(aside from drugs and fraud), you will never be able to save up to $30,000. Everything you see in America is debt. People don't own their house, cars etc. Most Nigerians even take out burial loans to come bury a relative in Nigeria and you will be thinking they are rich. In America you just pay the bills, forget about getting rich.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings-2015-10-06?siteid=yhoof2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Blackkie:
GREEN CARD!
It will redefine success for in inside out.

Give me a GREEN CARD today, call me back in 24 months and i will give you N20million with thanks!

In 24 years time you will wish you burn the green card. The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there and find out it is a mirage. It is a shame in 2015 we still have Nigerians who think like this when Americans are renouncing their citizenship in record numbers. Millions would have renounced but with the new law that makes you pay a lot of money just to go through the process. Hollywood has done a lot of damage to most Nigerians. The American dream only make sense when you are dreaming, it is just a cruel fantasy, America is capitalism on steroids. http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/08/pf/taxes/american-expats-passports-renounce/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 10, 2015
sleek82:
im not sure you understand wat that word 'myopic' means. You mentioned Femi Otedola, do you know how femi started his biz? Pls go read about him

Sharrap there! Stop trying so hard to form oasis of wisdom and James Bond. I have investments in Nigeria, Canada, US among other places so I know better than you in all ramifications.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 10, 2015
mufasaus:

Sincerely, you reason like an average Nigerian to whom every rich person is an evil personified. What happened to they maxim "one is presume innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"? The last time I checked no court of law anywhere has ever convicted Femi Otedola for corruption, so I wonder how you arrived at your sordid conclusion about him. Don't come referring me to media publication about him, because as the saying goes "rumor is been started by an enemy, accepted by the fo.ol and propagated by the ignorant".

Dear, I have a grass to grace story. Therefore, I think I am in better position to know better than you do on this subject under discussion since I have business stakes in both developed and developing countries Nigeria, US, Canada and Australia all inclusive.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by abayomimoses: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2015
20 milion naira

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by cococandy(f): 6:52am On Oct 10, 2015
ayodele234:

People who earn 150k annually still take loans to send their kids to school in America. In 2015 America earning $100,000 is nothing. After tax you will be left with $69,000 which barely pays the bills if you are living in a rented apartment that cost $1,500 monthly.
So if you earn 100,000 dollars in America you pay 31,000 in taxes and take home 69,000? grin

I've read all sorts of things on this thread today.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by jaybee3(m): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2015
cococandy:

So if you earn 100,000 dollars in America you pay 31,000 in taxes and of home tog 69,000? grin

I've read all sorts of things on this thread today.

do you think otherwise?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / Access Bank To Acquire Cavmont Bank, A Zambian Bank / What Kind Of Business Will Someone Start With N100,000 In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.