Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4767741 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
OlugbengaE:

We saw this in May when Uber reduced fares but some nonentities called us names.
If gazzuzz can put his cars on sale then what do you expect others to do.
All uber drivers are into slavery. See if uber reduces their fares again some people will continue to do it.

Uber does not lose they will always make their money which is forever non negotiable

Dead cars

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
dckng16:
One of my painful experience with Uber. I pick up a lady from Maryland to local Airport. With 45minutes to 1 hour traffic before getting there. Uber calculate fare at N285 at end of d trip, I was mad, to me it's like I bought N1000 fuel to make N285. The lady was so surprise and pitied me and gave me 1k because she knew d fare is very cheap and not worth d trip. Here is d screenshot

Its not too late to make a complaint since it happened within the last 72 hours. They will refund you. Unfortunately, by my calculation, that trip will not be more than 700 naira. Still complain sha. Half bread is better than puff puff.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
chillex8:

Dead cars

this beef cannot epp you wink

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
dckng16:
This ain't matter of GPS error. Countless times things like this has occurred. Uber fares is Insanely low. If I start bombing this thread with instances like this with screenshot proofs. I don't think you would have any say. What of picking up someone from Magodo to Badary with 3K fuel, There was heavy traffic at Mile 2, festac, Agboju, iyana Oba, Volkswagen, trade fair, Lasu, Ojo, Okokomaiko. The fuel got depleted to reserve on arrival. At end of d trip Uber calculated d trip to 3000 Naira on 4 hours 30 minutes trip. I had to buy 3K fuel to go home without making any single profit. On a normal day yellow cab wld do 5k - 8k on badagry trip. I have been in d game for one month. Uber is not worth it for now. Except u drive your car yourself, but still not profitable enough.

Since the day I carried someone from Surulere to Magboro, and Uber calculated about 1800, I have stopped accepting Uber requests for long trips to outskirt areas like Ikorodu, Arepo, Magboro, Ibafo, Mowe, Agbara, Badagry, Sangotedo down to Ibeju Lekki. Once I get your request, and I call you and you say you are going to Badagry for instance. I will tell you that we MUST agree on an offline price. If you refuse and insist we must do it on Uber, I will cancel your trip and wait for another request. Uber to those areas is not profitable at all especially when you consider that you will not get another trip after you drop them until you drive down into town.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
elninosanz:

Since the day I carried someone from Surulere to Magboro, and Uber calculated about 1800, I have stopped accepting Uber requests for long trips to outskirt areas like Ikorodu, Arepo, Magboro, Ibafo, Mowe, Agbara, Badagry, Sangotedo down to Ibeju Lekki. Once I get your request, and I call you and you say you are going to Badagry for instance. I will tell you that we MUST agree on an offline price. If you refuse and insist we must do it on Uber, I will cancel your trip and wait for another request. Uber to those areas is not profitable at all especially when you consider that you will not get another trip after you drop them until you drive down into town.

i once took one guy from toyin st. ikeja to isawo ikorodu for 1,300. uber is criminal.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CavendishPlex: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
dckng16:
That's d route showed on d map

Experience teaches one that the route shown on the map isn't always the efficient way to take.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ccarlos: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
Are they making good profit from the partnership.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
sophoccles:

i once took one guy from toyin st. ikeja to isawo ikorodu for 1,300. uber is criminal.
too bad eyahhh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
sophoccles:

On the contrary, I once took someone from Surulere to Ijede on taxify for N5,100

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by djwdiamond: 1:28am On Jul 19, 2017
I am a professional UBER driver with a rating of 4.6*. I am currently in need of a car on a rental or hire purchase basis to drive for UBER. My number is : 08022743713. Email: djwinnieon@gmail.com Thank you in anticipation to hearing from you. Good morning

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2017
toyclicks:

On the contrary, I once took someone from Surulere to Ijede on taxify for N5,100
....but i once took one guy too from broad street to agbowa on uber for 4500k,and another one frm lekki to d festac 5k,festac to abraham adesanya ajah 4500k on saturday

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:22am On Jul 19, 2017
I dnt undestand why we always lament on d worse trip fares...nobody laments wen uber gives reasonable fare as a results of surge or no surge...we fails to realise dat life is all abt ups and downs....im stil very much satisfied wit my fares..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2017
shollywendy1:
I dnt undestand why we always lament on d worse trip fares...nobody laments wen uber gives reasonable fare as a results of surge or no surge...we fails to realise dat life is all abt ups and downs....im stil very much satisfied wit my fares..
lol.

stop replying these people. leave them to wallow in their laziness.

with the way they all talk of taxify, none of them makes more money than any uber driver by the end of the week. not because they cannot, but because they are simply lazy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2017
Please i want to use either airtel or etisalat for taxify/uber business. Please which one is better among d two as mtn and glo has failed me. I want to switch today. I've missed some couple of rides cos of bad network. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2017
Romeo3:
lol.

stop replying these people. leave them to wallow in their laziness.

with the way they all talk of taxify, none of them makes more money than any uber driver by the end of the week. not because they cannot, but because they are simply lazy.

I once got a contract. I did not lift a pan. I got contract workers pay them some cash. They worked their yansh off. And I made my money. I used about 16 guys. What all these hardworking and not lazy guys made was not up to quarter of my profit. So much for slavery and hard work. Hard work is not everything. Sometimes you need to be smart and know your worth.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2017
Etisalat is better

xana101:
Please i want to use either airtel or etisalat for taxify/uber business. Please which one is better among d two as mtn and glo has failed me. I want to switch today. I've missed some couple of rides cos of bad network. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2017
alstarmayo:
Etisalat is better

Why is 9mobile better

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2017
xana101:

Bros are you still on this matter. I thought someone already suggested Etisalat to you. They are by far the best for now. I don't think anyone can argue that, it's a simple fact.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2017
OlugbengaE:

Why is 9mobile better

This bros, it's like you like to argue o. which one do you use?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:04am On Jul 19, 2017
lexylexy:

This bros, it's like you like to argue o. which one do you use?
I have 3 lines no Etisalat. Just asking
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2017
OlugbengaE:

I have 3 lines no Etisalat. Just asking

ok. Etisalat is faster and more reliable. I have used Mtn Airtel Glo and I can tell you d difference is clear.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2017
OK. Thanks. I'll go for etisalat today.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:44am On Jul 19, 2017
OlugbengaE:

I once got a contract. I did not lift a pan. I got contract workers pay them some cash. They worked their yansh off. And I made my money. I used about 16 guys. What all these hardworking and not lazy guys made was not up to quarter of my profit. So much for slavery and hard work. Hard work is not everything. Sometimes you need to be smart and know your worth.

what a dumbfuck analogy.

you got a contract bla bla yada yada.

you didnt use 16 guys. you employed 16 hardworking guys who did a job you could not do. they agreed to the amount you wanted to pay them therefore they cannot say you cheated them, because you paid them the exact amount you agreed with them. they cannot call themselves your slaves because you paid them.

slaves are used without pay. no matter how low you think the pay is, if you accept the pay without being forced, it is not slavery. what kind of school did you go to?

sometimes you reason with the blackest part of your ass... what makes you think you werent used by the person who gave you the contract in the first place? will you call yourself a slave because the person who gave you the contract made more money than you?

slavery is forced labour. did you force anyone to work for you? if the money you offered them wasnt enough to them, would they work for you?

stop quoting me to say stupid things to me. i have warned you that we arent on the same thinking wavelength. you keep saying uber is slavery but the truth is that they didnt give you a car to drive for them and they are not forcing you to drive your car on their platform.

forcing a car on you and forcing you to drive on their platform is slavery.
a slave has no choice. if you have a choice you arent a slave.

it isnt slavery when you concientiously CHOOSE to drive YOUR OWN car on uber. i have told you stubborn fly that if it isnt working for you, sell your damn cars and start another business and stop thinking everyone is lazy just because you cannot do it.

avoid me OR use your brain before you quote me.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2017
The week is looking nice.

Some people mek things happen, others wonder how and why things happen. My people whereever u are, keep grinding

working offline now. I will b back.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by osita123(m): 11:05am On Jul 19, 2017
protocol:

Some people mek things happen, others wonder how and why things happen. My people whereever u are, keep grinding

Nice. Keep up the good work Mr Protocol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2017
toyclicks:

surge price definitely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NextProdigy(m): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2017
Romeo3:

what a dumbfuck analogy.

you didnt use 16 guys. you employed 16 hardworking guys who did a job you could not do. they agreed to the amount you wanted to pay them therefore they cannot say you cheated them, because you paid them the exact amount you agreed with them. they cannot call themselves your slaves because you paid them.

slaves are used without pay. no matter how low you think the pay is, if you accept the pay without being forced, it is not slavery. what kind of school did you go to?

sometimes you reason with the blackest part of your ass... what makes you think you werent used by the person who gave you the contract in the first place? will you call yourself a slave because the person who gave you the contract made more money than you?

slavery is forced labour. did you force anyone to work for you? if the money you offered them wasnt enough to them, would they work for you?

stop quoting me to say stupid things to me. i have warned you that we arent on the same thinking wavelength. you keep saying uber is slavery but the truth is that they didnt give you a car to drive for them and they are not forcing you to drive your car on their platform.

it isnt slavery when you concientiously CHOOSE to drive YOUR OWN car on uber. i have told you stubborn fly that if it isnt working for you, sell your damn cars and start another business and stop thinking everyone is lazy just because you cannot do it.

I love this guy! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jonsnow88(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2017
2010 camry available for rental!!! 37k a week. Interested parties shud let me know
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
protocol:

If you are lucky you reside in area such as apapa, you will make more from surge, Uber is under supply from that area.

This week Uber promo for some people is 1.3surge, the point is why do promo if ur rate is good.

Drivers are now waiting 40mins to get a rider in ikeja area, and after that you pick a rider that will pay you peanut.

I AGREE YOU CAN MAKE 16K BUT THAT IS MINIMUM OF 18hours.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
Romeo3:

what a dumbfuck analogy.

You make some sense chief,(though I wish you didn't have to use your tone/language). For starters, you are right in the sense that nobody is forced to drive on Uber, if it is not profitable for you, you are free to pull out. In that sense it is not forced slavery. However, there is a term called Capitalist or Wage Slavery. A Capitalist slave is defined as someone forced to work at a "job" owned by a capitalist (owner of jobs, the means of production, and the profit from the jobs) through NECESSITY or through mental or physical threat. The keyword here is necessity. For many people working on Uber despite low earnings is necessary in order to take care of their families and take care of themselves despite the harsh working conditions and low earnings. Due to the economic conditions, they are forced to accept the demands of the Capitalist or face hunger. Think about it, despite the low fares, an average Uber driver can still make about 10k profit of he works for between 13-16h ours non stop(if you don't own the car). It is very taxing on the body but you must do it to survive. What other alternatives are there in this economy that can earn you as much?(I am not referring to white collar jobs). There are not much.

In civilized countries, the workers are protected somewhat from vulture capitalists. There are labour laws that serve to protect the interest of the worker. If these laws are not followed, the company pays dearly. Do you know for instance that in many countries(Kenya and UK are good examples)By law, employers cannot unilaterally cut an employee's pay. If, in exceptional circumstances such as the current recession, employees agree, they need to be aware of the implications for any subsequent redundancy payment and their pension rights. We don't have such things here, so employees and workers are forced to become Wage slaves

So what is the essence of my epistle. Romeo3 and others who seem enlightened should not castigate others for complaining, rather should be encouraging others to see how they can transit from becoming wage slaves to becoming real capitalists. In a country like Nigeria, the capitalist is king( this is true in all other countries), but the worker is a slave( peculiar to Nigeria and some other countries).

I don't know you Romeo3 but I sense you are a car owner(possibly multiple cars) this kind of insulates you from the sufferings of others. That's okay by me, you have worked hard to earn your status. However, I don't want you to look down on people complaining. Encourage them and let's see how we can pull each other up.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
I dont kw what u are talking abt... I did two trips and i med what u see there. Look at the time. Yesterday i did 8 and i med what i posted. Ask people how they do it. Their strategy and u learn. Stop hating uber or oga taxy or taxify. Focus ur mind, ur strenght on d job. Meking money is nt easy anywhere. Someone said is just an ordinary app, y not develop it and lunch... I will subscribe. I was debating this same issue of uber and their low fare with my rider, a german guy with julius berger, he said to me that my people are lazy... But i fail to believe that.
Initially i was complaining but not any more.
Get a fuel efficient car and u are gud to go.

Wen i stop meking money, i will still come here to say it.
Going online now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
protocol:
I dont kw what u are talking abt... I did two trips and i med what u see there. Look at the time. Yesterday i did 8 and i med what i posted. Ask people how they do it. Their strategy and u learn. Stop hating uber or oga taxy or taxify. Focus ur mind, ur strenght on d job. Meking money is nt easy anywhere. Someone said is just an ordinary app, y not develop it and lunch... I will subscribe. I was debating this same issue of uber and their low fare with my rider, a german guy with julius berger, he said to me that my people are lazy... But i fail to believe that.
Initially i was complaining but not any more.
Get a fuel efficient car and u are gud to go.

Wen i stop meking money, i will still come here to say it.
Going online now.

What's the big deal of what you have posted, 4hours online with 3700.

There is no strategy to drive in Uber, if u are lucky to find ur self in a surge area, then u make little more.

Despite the reduced fare drivers are still made to wait for 30-40mins.

Maybe Uber should slash there price again. So we get rides as quick as possible.

I'm sure u are driving under 1.3 surge promo and still you have only 3700 to flaunt.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donfortune48(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.