Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,477 members, 7,846,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4844091 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (5714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

What financial risk does the driver intend to take if he can not pay 1 week rent in advance? Do you not pay your landlord 1 year in advance?

I know he called it deposit, he could have just said the rent is payable in advance.
this is not hire purchase and don't forget that the driver will fuel d car and pay another 35k after 6days. Later you will come on Nairaland shouting drivers are bad, they wreck your car, they do dis and do that bla bla... No reasonable driver will agree to that u upfront payment. pls don't compare house rent with vehicle rentage, the diff is clear a landlord is offering u a service while this is a job

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 3:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
blackylola:
this is not hire purchase and don't forget that the driver will fuel d car and pay another 35k after 6days. Later you will come on Nairaland shouting drivers are bad, they wreck your car, they do dis and do that bla bla... No reasonable driver will agree to that u upfront payment. pls don't compare house rent with vehicle rentage, the diff is clear a landlord is offering u a service while this is a job
Uber won't pay you before u start working

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OkunrinMeta: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
chillex8:

Why will he pay one week in advance

Is he an employee or a partner?

Why do you pay 1 year in advance to your landlord?

Is he your employee or your partner.

Can you go and hire a car and not pay in advance? I am talking about the regular car hire service people do normally before Uber.

A car owner has the right to request payment in arrears or in advance. This is purely a business decision based on perceived default risk and you have no right to make him feel guilty about it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OkunrinMeta: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
blackylola:

This is called capital. Uber invested capital when building the business. The partner invested capital when he bought his car. If the driver invests capital of 35k, he will NOT die. It will only make him more determined to make money.

I am not encouraging all partners to ask for advance but i cannot fault anyone who takes that route.

Driving on Uber is a business, not a job and in a business, financial risk should be expected. People unwilling to take this financial risk drive for companies for and earn a fixed pay of 50k/month without having to invest anything.

If you still disagree, i will agree with you.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
uber plus taxify earnings last week.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Why do you pay 1 year in advance to your landlord?

Is he your employee or your partner.

Can you go and hire a car and not pay in advance? I am talking about the regular car hire service people do normally before Uber.

A car owner has the right to request payment in arrears or in advance. This is purely a business decision based on perceived default risk and you have no right to make him feel guilty about it.

You pay rent for landed properties in advance cos its an asset and appreciates in value.
Also there is no guarantor(s) involved.

Uber business is a partnership. The vehicle is a liability.

The said vehicle is a used car.

The first partner (owner of vehicle) leases out his/her car to the second partner (driver) for the purpose of e-hailing.
The driver is to deliver weekly after he must have USED the said vehicle for E-hailing purposes.

This is the only agreement I understand.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamspeedracer(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
blackylola:
2.5 liter engine is not the best for dis business perhaps Taxify doesn't accept hatchback cars
Really?
No hatchback on taxify Chai wahala dey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
chillex8:

You pay rent for landed properties in advance cos its an asset and appreciates in value.

The first partner (owner of vehicle) leases out his/her car to the second partner (driver) for the purpose of e-hailing.
The driver is to deliver weekly after he must have USED the said vehicle for E-hailing purposes.

This is the only agreement I understand. .....love ur comment..u hv just nailed.God bless ur intelligency

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamspeedracer(m): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
Just dropped a couple off at the airport all the way from lekki. Wife was complaining that my almera is small in her local language later that my ac is too cold smh. You can't please people.
10 trips on Uber today. Inning for that 90k 60 trips. Didn't work yesterday so I have just 4 days more cry cry. These people need to stop complaining about my car

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
chillex8:

This is the only agreement I understand.

..good comment..God bless ur intelligency.u hv just nailed it...blackylola,u are great too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebubedrums001(m): 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin
iamspeedracer:
Just dropped a couple off at the airport all the way from lekki. Wife was complaining that my almera is small in her local language later that my ac is too cold smh. You can't please people.
10 trips on Uber today. Inning for that 90k 60 trips. Didn't work yesterday so I have just 4 days more cry cry. These people need to stop complaining about my car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nayantunde: 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
deedee44:

I live in Egbeda, Akowonjo precisely. Drop your number sir let's talk biznez

08097261945 is my phone line.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
Well done Romeo ,u work so hard and your result should be a motivating factor for many that wish to make it .

Romeo3:
uber plus taxify earnings last week.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
No work yesterday and 10 tris already today. 60 trips still d target by Friday then Taxify foe weeked. Thanks Uber

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
iamspeedracer:

Let's see a picture of this sexy almeria riders are complaining about undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
Enyinne:
Well done Romeo ,u work so hard and your result should be a motivating factor for many that wish to make it .

thank you. it's why i post them. to motivate others

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
I've not received the weekly payment from taxify. Has any one received? Uber has paid me this afternoon. Remaining taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

This is called capital. Uber invested capital when building the business. The partner invested capital when he bought his car. If the driver invests capital of 35k, he will NOT die. It will only make him more determined to make money.

I am not encouraging all partners to ask for advance but i cannot fault anyone who takes that route.

Driving on Uber is a business, not a job and in a business, financial risk should be expected. People unwilling to take this financial risk drive for companies for and earn a fixed pay of 50k/month without having to invest anything.

If you still disagree, i will agree with you.

OK o I rest my case but that 35k is not necessary
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stormyweather(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Enyinne:
The english is very simple ,its a deposit, returned on termination of contract .its up to the driver to try to do his tricks,then his antics will fall on him like banana .

I thought the banana fall means a different thing entirely grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stormyweather(m): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
Enyinne:
Your ability to manage ur risk makes u a good manager as we all know that business = risk
No one is under duress to deposit it as they person can equally buy himself his car and avoid the deposit while still making good money for himself .
Your just out deceiving the gullible while ur making ur daily bucks .
The fools losing while the wise making money

*Winks #

quote author=chillex8 post=60843080]

My vocabulary is also simple. Will you return same with interest? Cos investing 35k with zero interest makes zero sense.

If you are looking for a venture with zero risks then Uber is a no no.

That same interest you are trying to protect can be shattered with just one accident.

*winks#
please did you do risk management?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stormyweather(m): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Romeo3:
thank you. it's why i post them. to motivate others
I am motivated motivated sir cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamspeedracer(m): 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
My uber app has been misbehaving. Did 10 trips then it went insane like it doesn't want me to drive again
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
Pls did anyone get the 1.5gb free data for completin 50 trips since last week? I didn't get it last week and again this week.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebubedrums001(m): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
Yes oooo still awaiting the bonus money
xana101:
I've not received the weekly payment from taxify. Has any one received? Uber has paid me this afternoon. Remaining taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
ebubedrums001:
Yes oooo still awaiting the bonus money
I don't understand what u mean. Do u mean u have gotten alert for ur main payment remaining d bonus? Me I've not seen any payment from taxify today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ga1ba2003(m): 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
alstarmayo:
Send them a mail please

I've done that since like 1pm and no reply from them till now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
Don't panic they will pay their customer care service is poor. Have received mine
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamspeedracer(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
chillex8:

Let's see a picture of this sexy almeria riders are complaining about undecided

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=iamspeedracer post=60860799][/quote] lips are sealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ga1ba2003(m): 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
blackylola:
Don't panic they will pay their customer care service is poor. Have received mine
I'm not saying that they've not paid me I'm saying that they did not pay me completely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=iamspeedracer post=60860799][/quote]
Okay so they want to pay for Uber then get rolls Royce abi. Nice car.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
blackylola:
lips are sealed
this is equivalent to Micra and Toyota starlet, Taxify riders won't board this they will rather treck to where they are going. God will provide for you bro, you need to get another car with d way your rating is going

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (5714) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: confusedworld17, pope191, YeyeGbami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.