Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4764324 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prospecta: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
I am looking for an Uber driver to start immediately to drive in Lagos.
Offering basic pay and performance based commission
Please call 0803-595-1301 or e-mail info@swifttransportservices.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babzyluv(m): 7:06am On Oct 09, 2016
protocol:
Mrsage and all pls wat does that waitlisting means. I read here where somone said his driver is being waitlisted. Wat can cause it

Hello,

Waitlist is another name for suspension and caused by poor ratings. This happened to my driver. He was however reinstated after 8days and just one week after because he did not get to the 4.4 mark, he was rejected which is another name for Bye Bye forever.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2016
Maybe you contributed to his problem. And this goes to all partners to always access dia drivers' dressings. This could give worst of ratings. See as drivers gathered at Uber lag office. Is this how they gather in the USA too?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samyyoung(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Uber does not pay for cancellation fee again, they neither refund for unpaid trips by rider, they reduced the banning process, if u like, cancel all trips, they rarely answer complaints, they are going so faceless now, even the app has got so many errors...... so drivers are on their own...,..only thing they do is ' computer generated mail reply' and ' crediting acct'

This is d best time a competitor can come around to party.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 2:07am On Oct 10, 2016
O'boy I don taya for this oloshos o. naso inside car dey smell Cigar. OMG! but what can I do? I need the money. so Berger have no choice than to do construction. but Adon park like this till morrow. una Doo. gn evribodi.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 8:20am On Oct 10, 2016
samyyoung:
Uber does not pay for cancellation fee again, they neither refund for unpaid trips by rider, they reduced the banning process, if u like, cancel all trips, they rarely answer complaints, they are going so faceless now, even the app has got so many errors...... so drivers are on their own...,..only thing they do is ' computer generated mail reply' and ' crediting acct'

You are absolutely correct.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3374339/thread-uber-partners-abuja

Tips for saving cost while driving on Uber : When driving on Uber, the little things really do matter, you want to save as much as possible on costs while simultaneously increasing your earnings, this post is dedicated to showing you the little things that make a difference.
When a driver receives a new request, the first thing he should do is call the rider, not go ahead and drive to the location of the request. This is for a myriad of reasons, first, riders sometimes move their pins to a different location from where their requests are initiated, this is because a rider might not find available cats where they are, so they have to move their pins to where there are available cars. Another reason is riders sometimes move their pins to avoid surge pricing. Another reason you should call first is that the rider might be requesting the Uber for someone else, who is in a different location. Sometimes the GPS can also send you to a wrong location, I've had this happen to me more often than Ube would like to admit. Calling the rider first takes care of all of this, instead of driving all the way to the rider's supposed GPS location only to find out that is not where the ride is needed can cause either the rider or the driver to cancel, that is money lost for money not even earned. And the driver might not get cancellation fees, since you might not be within a 5 minute distance to the rider ( this is the time window the driver must be in in order to be eligible for the cancellation fee). There are other reasons,but by now I'm sure you get the point, the moral of the story is; make sure to call first.
Another tip is, the air conditioner doesn't have to be on full blast all the time, just cool enough that the cabin of the car is comfortable. Do not put the AC on full blast unless you notice your rider is uncomfortable or maybe if they are wearing a suit, or clothing that usually causes heat. Direct the AC vents at the rider, this will create the illusion that the AC is cooler than it really is since it is blowing directly at them. Use your discretion but always make sure to ask if the rider is comfortable.
Make sure your driver is conversant with the city, this reduces the amount of fuel burnt due to wrong turns and longer routes, it also makes the riders happy. Riders are inherently suspicious of drivers who take wrong turns and don't seem to know where they are going, asides that, they think you are trying to increase the trip length so as to charge more. Besides you do not want to get your rider lost or late for a meeting.
Uber uses quite a large amount of data, as it stands, the cost of data is quite high considering the state of the economy at this time, it is advisable to get your driver an affordable as well as efficient subscription, such as the Globacom data subscription, at the moment it seems to be the most competitive data bundle in Nigeria. Otherwise you would spend a lot on data. I would advise to use a dual sim phone for Uber with an Etisalat as the back-up option in case your driver is in an area with limited glo coverage.
Maintain your vehicle properly to make sure the engine is as efficient as possible, check your tyre pressure regularly. 
Get a total card for fuel ( I've heard it is not the easiest thing in the world to get) but try. This is so that your driver doesn't inflate fuel costs, i.e. buy 2,500 naira fuel and then come back to tell you they bought 3000.
Another thing is, do not drive around looking for trip requests, they will find you. Sometimes however, it is absolutely necessary to drive from an area with generally low requests, such as satellite towns ( for instance, you most likely would not get trips in gwagwalada as much as you would get in Wuse).Also, there are sometimes when you are in area with high supply in the immediate area ( e.g you are in area with a lot of Ubers, so when trips enter they might go to better rated drivers than you), in that situition, you may want to move a shot dI stance away so that trip requestrian can find you more easily. If these situations come up and you absolutely have to move, drive slow with your AC off and your windows down, all four windows (to reduce drag, the optimum thing is to have all windows up but then the health implications are also there to consider). In fact, even when you have riders in your car, it is still advisable to drive slow unless the rider demands otherwise (not so slow though that you annoy the rider) and also avoid down-kicking ( pressing hard and suddenly on the accelerator) this forces a lot of petrol into the combustion chamber which then burns the petrol out very quickly. Remember to turn the AC back on as you are approaching the rider's location so you can have a cool comfortable cabin by the time you pick up the rider.
I am sure there are other cost-cutting measures you can apply for driving on Uber, if you know of one that isn't mentioned, please feel free to add.
Have a nice day, Cheers.

[i][/i] If you enjoyed reading this, there's loads more where it came from, please give us a like and visit our thread.

22 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gbanj11: 6:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
Looking for a driver for Uber in Lagos. Must be resident on the Mainland, preferably Gbagada
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Boslo: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
House as it is ,is it not better to get the car and use UBER drivers?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vibrio(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
samyyoung:

Speaking of competition, has anyone heard about Cab Management Company(CMC),Nigeria? They are set to debut on 29th October,2016 according to their website. It seems promising but don't know if they are real.
Anybody with information about them can shed more light.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3374339/thread-uber-partners-abuja/1

Hello all, This post is for people that have vehicles that are under-utilised and want to earn good money on Uber.

Would you like to get some of that Uber money? Do you own a car that is 2006 or newer? Does this car have a lot of idle time i.e periods when you do not use it.? You can make good money from such a car, up to 25,000 naira a week, that is a whooping 100,000 naira a month from that car you have just sitting there! 
And what's more, we will do everything for you, all you have to so is sign up the car under our management company and we will do the rest for you, and we make sure you earn this amount every week, no questions asked, no stories told.
What we do
We will get you a well trained, smart and competent driver, we will take care of all the fuelling, data and voice calling costs, we will handle day to day maintenance and servicing of the car, we give your driver tips on how to earn the most money for you from the wealth of experience that we have managing cars on uber, basically, we do everything to enable you earn up to 100,000 naira every month. 
Your own job would be to provide the vehicle, sit back and count your money every week. And at the end of the day, your car remains yours, it is not a hire purchase arrangement. Instead of sitting on the side-lines watching everyone else make so much money on Uber, why dont you give us a call. We will do everything to make sure you are collecting your share of that money, that is our job, that is our promise. Call us today. 08186473185.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2016

Hello all, 
Though this thread is for partners, the realization has just hit me that there are a lot of partner-drivers on Uber Abuja, so this thread, in order to be fair should not be limited to partners. I think I should cover some things that are of interest to drivers. If you are a newbie driver on Uber or even a seasoned one with hundreds of trips under your belt, you would be interested in what this post contains, who knows, you might get one or two light bulb moments from reading, so here goes.

Tips for drivers on Uber :
So you have completed your Uber aptitude test and sign up and are ready to take your first trip, exciting isn't it. However there are one or two details that might help for you to 
observe.
I will start from when you get your first request, the ideal thong is to call and confirm the rider's address, this call would go something like this
Driver: Hello, good afternoon(depending on time of day)
Rider: Hello, good afternoon 
Driver: This is your Uber driver, I am calling you to confirm your address
Rider : Oh okay, it's No. 29 so, so and so street, do you know how to get there?. 
Driver: (If you know the place, please skip this step, otherwise you can tell the rider you will locate him using your navigation) No I don't, could you please offer any additional details?
Rider describes
Driver: Okay thank you, I should be with you in 10 minutes ( you know this because you have checked the Google map navigation which tells you ETA(estimated time of arrival).
Rider: Okay thank you
Driver: Thank you sir/ma, see you in 10 minutes.
Now you know how to get there, at the same time, you have locked the rider in to prevent him/her from cancelling(not foolproof though, but I have found it works well to reduce cancellations).
Now, you immediately head out to the address provided, keep in mind that the rider can see you on his/her rider app map in real time, so you don't want to waste time or make unnecessary stops.
Drive to the location with your AC off and your Windows down to minimise fuel consumption, as soon as you arrive at the correct location, switch off your engine (if it is safe to do so), this is because you might have to wait for the rider, as soon as the rider approaches your car, turn on your inner light ( if it is night), start your engine and immediately turn on your AC. Say hello, to your rider and their companions(if any, say hello to each one of them), remember to be super polite. As soon as the rider is in your car, you are allowed to start the trip, ask them where they are headed, that is if they have not already entered a destination into their rider app, in any case, the moment you start the trip, you will know if they have, if they haven't, click on where the address is written in your driver app, it will ask you for a drop off location, enter the location the rider gives you ( make sure to always enter the destination, it is very important, 1 because of your completion rate, 2 because Uber can send you back to back trips if they know your destination), then click "Navigate". After you configure all of this, start moving immediately, you don't want to waste a rider's time.
Ask them if they want anything, then state the accessories you have in your car, chargers, music, fm, movies, Internet, water etc ( Alternately you can have all these printed and placed where a rider can readily see it). Ask them if the temperature is OK, you want to make them feel pampered. Keep in mind that, for the duration a rider is in your car, figuratively speaking, it is their car, not yours.
Now, riders are different, some of them want to talk and hear what you have to say, some of them are just tired from a long day at work and want nothing more than peace and quiet, they just might not be in the mood, this is not the best time to start up a conversation with them, one rule of thumb I abide by is, I keep quiet till the rider shows interest in conversation, I then make sure that the ensuing conversation is an interesting one, they usually give large tips if the conversation is interesting or educating enough.
Some riders have multiple destinations, if this is the case, always enter each stop in the "dropoff location" by clicking the address in your app. If requests come in while you are on your trip, always accept, otherwise this would affect your acceptance rate.If you can't take on the new trip, call that rider and tell them why you can't take their trip request eg, the current rider is still in the car and isn't ending the trip soon.
When you arrive at your destination, if it is a cash trip, do "calculate fare", and always show them the screen, so they can see the amount for the trip with their own eyes. Once they pay, complete trip, if it is a card trip, simply complete the trip, the money will automatically be deducted. Wish them a good day, and bam, you have a great trip with hopefully 5 star ratings.
Be polite and professional throughout the trip, don't take any phone calls unless you absolutely have to, don't stop to "hail" you friends on the rider's time, don't stop to buy things in hold-up, do that on your own time. 

Step 5: Rinse and repeat. 

To many 5 star trips, Cheers.

Re: Thread For Uber Partners In Abuja

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tblackE61(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2016
Hello to u all! I came across this thread and I av to read all the post over night I'm other for me to get more educated abt ubber! However I seems to be Intrested in this business as I am capable of buying a good car to place under ubber but I deem fit to tell my self the truth that am a bit confused on ow this is gonna work out after reading lots of people post who claimed it isn't profitable and the have to withdraw their car from ubber y some claim it's is a very lucrative business . Thou I know what is good for Mr A might be bad for Mr B but nevertheless I still deem fit to believe all business involve risk d gravity of the risk is now what am considering . Pls expert in this forum I would appreciate if u all can give me a good advise if buying a car under ubber is a good business to venture in and ow profitable is it. I don't mind we communicating outside this forum! My contact info are adegokeolatunde@yahoo.com u also free to what's app me on this digit 07038448164 . Thanks in advance to u all in response of ur positive advice.

#peacenation

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 8:34am On Oct 15, 2016
vibrio:

Speaking of competition, has anyone heard about Cab Management Company(CMC),Nigeria? They are set to debut on 29th October,2016 according to their website. It seems promising but don't know if they are real.
Anybody with information about them can shed more light.
Thanks
CMC is a joke. no cab mgt coy can compete Uber ATM. Uber is an household name and has global standard and recognition. and they kp improving on a daily basis. Do you know you van now book in advance ? and they offer free ride bonus up to many.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2016
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Hello all, 
Though this thread is for partners, the realization has just hit me that there are a lot of partner-drivers on Uber Abuja, so this thread, in order to be fair should not be limited to partners. I think I should cover some things that are of interest to drivers. If you are a newbie driver on Uber or even a seasoned one with hundreds of trips under your belt, you would be interested in what this post contains, who knows, you might get one or two light bulb moments from reading, so here goes.

Tips for drivers on Uber :
So you have completed your Uber aptitude test and sign up and are ready to take your first trip, exciting isn't it. However there are one or two details that might help for you to 
observe.
I will start from when you get your first request, the ideal thong is to call and confirm the rider's address, this call would go something like this
Driver: Hello, good afternoon(depending on time of day)
Rider: Hello, good afternoon 
Driver: This is your Uber driver, I am calling you to confirm your address
Rider : Oh okay, it's No. 29 so, so and so street, do you know how to get there?. 
Driver: (If you know the place, please skip this step, otherwise you can tell the rider you will locate him using your navigation) No I don't, could you please offer any additional details?
Rider describes
Driver: Okay thank you, I should be with you in 10 minutes ( you know this because you have checked the Google map navigation which tells you ETA(estimated time of arrival).
Rider: Okay thank you
Driver: Thank you sir/ma, see you in 10 minutes.
Now you know how to get there, at the same time, you have locked the rider in to prevent him/her from cancelling(not foolproof though, but I have found it works well to reduce cancellations).
Now, you immediately head out to the address provided, keep in mind that the rider can see you on his/her rider app map in real time, so you don't want to waste time or make unnecessary stops.
Drive to the location with your AC off and your Windows down to minimise fuel consumption, as soon as you arrive at the correct location, switch off your engine (if it is safe to do so), this is because you might have to wait for the rider, as soon as the rider approaches your car, turn on your inner light ( if it is night), start your engine and immediately turn on your AC. Say hello, to your rider and their companions(if any, say hello to each one of them), remember to be super polite. As soon as the rider is in your car, you are allowed to start the trip, ask them where they are headed, that is if they have not already entered a destination into their rider app, in any case, the moment you start the trip, you will know if they have, if they haven't, click on where the address is written in your driver app, it will ask you for a drop off location, enter the location the rider gives you ( make sure to always enter the destination, it is very important, 1 because of your completion rate, 2 because Uber can send you back to back trips if they know your destination), then click "Navigate". After you configure all of this, start moving immediately, you don't want to waste a rider's time.
Ask them if they want anything, then state the accessories you have in your car, chargers, music, fm, movies, Internet, water etc ( Alternately you can have all these printed and placed where a rider can readily see it). Ask them if the temperature is OK, you want to make them feel pampered. Keep in mind that, for the duration a rider is in your car, figuratively speaking, it is their car, not yours.
Now, riders are different, some of them want to talk and hear what you have to say, some of them are just tired from a long day at work and want nothing more than peace and quiet, they just might not be in the mood, this is not the best time to start up a conversation with them, one rule of thumb I abide by is, I keep quiet till the rider shows interest in conversation, I then make sure that the ensuing conversation is an interesting one, they usually give large tips if the conversation is interesting or educating enough.
Some riders have multiple destinations, if this is the case, always enter each stop in the "dropoff location" by clicking the address in your app. If requests come in while you are on your trip, always accept, otherwise this would affect your acceptance rate.If you can't take on the new trip, call that rider and tell them why you can't take their trip request eg, the current rider is still in the car and isn't ending the trip soon.
When you arrive at your destination, if it is a cash trip, do "calculate fare", and always show them the screen, so they can see the amount for the trip with their own eyes. Once they pay, complete trip, if it is a card trip, simply complete the trip, the money will automatically be deducted. Wish them a good day, and bam, you have a great trip with hopefully 5 star ratings.
Be polite and professional throughout the trip, don't take any phone calls unless you absolutely have to, don't stop to "hail" you friends on the rider's time, don't stop to buy things in hold-up, do that on your own time. 

Step 5: Rinse and repeat. 

To many 5 star trips, Cheers.

Re: Thread For Uber Partners In Abuja
wow! thank you for this man! am planning to go for customers service training cos of this Uber riders av been very mean to me this days. imagine me that have a high rating before, now am having 4.42 which is even killing my morale generally. and its affecting my performances. I now drive with fear of unknown. I don't know what else to do to have their 5stars. maybe they think other stars count that if they give 4star is still OK like Nigeria lecturers. pls I need help now!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2016
vpaymoney:

wow! thank you for this man! am planning to go for customers service training cos of this Uber riders av been very mean to me this days. imagine me that have a high rating before, now am having 4.42 which is even killing my morale generally. and its affecting my performances. I now drive with fear of unknown. I don't know what else to do to have their 5stars. maybe they think other stars count that if they give 4star is still OK like Nigeria lecturers. pls I need help now!
Hello vpaymoney, Uber uses the GPA system used in Nigerian universities to calculate driver ratings, so your comment about Nigerian lecturers may not be far from the truth.
Riders may think a 4 star rating is good enough for the fantastic service you rendered, in actual fact, a 4 star rating is a vote to get the driver deactivated!
The onus is on you to improve your service, you need to stop worrying and get proactive. Pay close attention to detail. Your car hygiene, your personal hygiene, dress well, your customer relations (very very important), the accessories in your car, your city knowledge.
To get 5 star ratings you need to go above and beyond the call of duty everytime, open the door for your riders ( ordinarily I wouldn't suggest this), treat them very well, right before you move the car, ask them if they are comfortable in a meaningful way( you know, like if they are not comfortable, you can move the earth to make them so). If they have luggage, always help them load it in the booth,
whenever it is raining, escort them with an umbrella. Always have change. When it is night, tell them you will wait for them till they enter their house to make sure they are safe. Increase the number of accessories in your car.
Hopefully, your ratings should increase dramatically.
I wish you luck.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2016
thank you so much on this. pls the accessories like what and and what bro. apart from the sweets. I think this is the main issue many Uber partner/driver will face in times to come. and I also thinks for Nigeria riders to know about this rating importance in a big flaw. if a driver offer them all sort of goodies, they expect to see such treats in every Uber car. of which Uber collect their own share without minding your expense on a daily basis. (that aside)
So any other Uber car that doesn't have goodies/ accessories as fondly call, is not good enough which is very wrong. if I have my way I will scrap the ratings on the platform in Nigeria. Its very easy to get 5star ratings in America than in Nigeria cos we here don't appreciate ourselves. All the white guys av taken so far gave me 5stars. and they really enjoy me as we drive along ,we chat and both of us are very happy. and if I check my rating afterwards it's up a step. so , I suggests that Uber pls do scrap the crap call ratings by riders (Nigeria only) cos those ratings are influenced by goodies, eye service/pretense, (on d part of driver cos he's not Happy doing it) thus: the ratings are not genuine in any way. its so painful when you give your all and what you get is shit. Not all underrated drivers are bad drivers. Uber pls reduce your policies to Nigeria standard . Let us operate as in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
Brother see ehn this issue is a Nigerian thing imagine when you wait for a ride for about 25 to 30 mins because them dem makeup after taking them to their destination in their own church mind they should give you 5 star but no they won't only oyinbos do that without hesitation in fact they will be waiting for you outside but no Nigerians will wait till you call them to come out but on the other hand some Drivers are wicked people get pissed most especially when you waste time on purpose some drivers do that a lot which I call cheating and it's wrong. I also use uber as a rider and I remember a driver was doing 40 on 3rd mainland by 3AM there was nothing on the road u can do as much as 80 on that Bridge but just so the money could accumulate I was going to Yaba from Oriental Hotel now that's just mean I will never give such person 2 star sef it's annoying.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by KayMan05: 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
@Tokyobulls,please i am interested in uber but i have very little idea about it.I need u to intimate me with the procedures cause i intend starting the business as soon as possible.Hope to hear from u soon
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
I am looking for an Uber driver with good rating to start immediately to drive in Lagos.

. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MamaTobenna: 3:52am On Oct 16, 2016
Hello all, pls I would like to find out something. My driver went to drop someone at the airport and got a call to pick up another person in the same airport. That was how the airport taxi Union nabbed him o. We had to pay 50k to get the car out. We reported to UBer and we are yet to hear anything. Does this mean Uber cannot pick up people at the airport and if yes then should drivers receive requests from the airport cos cancelling would be an issue again. Pls any insights
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2016
Ur driver must have done something wrong. Mayb he stoped at d wrong place or something. Ask him well.

uote author=MamaTobenna post=50237130]Hello all, pls I would like to find out something. My driver went to drop someone at the airport and got a call to pick up another person in the same airport. That was how the airport taxi Union nabbed him o. We had to pay 50k to get the car out. We reported to UBer and we are yet to hear anything. Does this mean Uber cannot pick up people at the airport and if yes then should drivers receive requests from the airport cos cancelling would be an issue again. Pls any insights [/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:01am On Oct 16, 2016
MamaTobenna:
Hello all, pls I would like to find out something. My driver went to drop someone at the airport and got a call to pick up another person in the same airport. That was how the airport taxi Union nabbed him o. We had to pay 50k to get the car out. We reported to UBer and we are yet to hear anything. Does this mean Uber cannot pick up people at the airport and if yes then should drivers receive requests from the airport cos cancelling would be an issue again. Pls any insights

The Airport is a very delicate place for pick up. You have to be very careful around there.
The existing cab men at the Airport have formed a cartel so no hope for an outsider.

The key to airport pick up as an outsider is never to disclose your identity as an uber driver. Just act like a normal Company Driver and call the rider.
Always ask the rider to wait outside. So you just drive through. Pick up and move.

To avoid stress you can park at the car park sometimes

Trust me they hate Uber.

However I need to ask. Where did your driver park his car or how did they nab him?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babs50g: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2016
If uber is not having inscription on their vehicle there is no way they would have known unless he parked at a restricted area within the airport . I doubt if because of uber he was arrested. I ve lot of experiences at the airport. At times there is a collusion between the driver and the so called union . Just to make rip off from the owner.
To avoid future scenario

don't pick up under the bridge

Make use of the V I P before the arrival of traveller if you can afford. It gives u rest of mind
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2016
babs50g:
If uber is not having inscription on their vehicle there is no way they would have known unless he parked at a restricted area within the airport . I doubt if because of uber he was arrested. I ve lot of experiences at the airport. At times there is a collusion between the driver and the so called union . Just to make rip off from the owner.
To avoid future scenario

don't pick up under the bridge

Make use of the V I P before the arrival of traveller if you can afford. It gives u rest of mind

You are right bro. I still don't understand how and where exactly the driver was nabbed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sleekender(m): 11:41am On Oct 16, 2016
100K a month?? When drivers make over 100K a week on Uber...

I'll say that is an unfair proposal.

OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Hello all, This post is for people that have vehicles that are under-utilised and want to earn good money on Uber.

Would you like to get some of that Uber money? Do you own a car that is 2006 or newer? Does this car have a lot of idle time i.e periods when you do not use it.? You can make good money from such a car, up to 25,000 naira a week, that is a whooping 100,000 naira a month from that car you have just sitting there! 
And what's more, we will do everything for you, all you have to so is sign up the car under our management company and we will do the rest for you, and we make sure you earn this amount every week, no questions asked, no stories told.
What we do
We will get you a well trained, smart and competent driver, we will take care of all the fuelling, data and voice calling costs, we will handle day to day maintenance and servicing of the car, we give your driver tips on how to earn the most money for you from the wealth of experience that we have managing cars on uber, basically, we do everything to enable you earn up to 100,000 naira every month. 
Your own job would be to provide the vehicle, sit back and count your money every week. And at the end of the day, your car remains yours, it is not a hire purchase arrangement. Instead of sitting on the side-lines watching everyone else make so much money on Uber, why dont you give us a call. We will do everything to make sure you are collecting your share of that money, that is our job, that is our promise. Call us today. 08186473185.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babs50g: 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
@Mr sage . Apart from UBER configuration on itinerary of vehicle . U can also do that on ur mobile device to track what where ur vehicle is , what happened .. UBER can reliably give you details of what transpired there through tracking by showing history of vehicle that particular point in time.

Its difficult to beat certain technology . Though the person w ey do pencil na same do erazer
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FxHouse: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
It makes sense really...probably when the driver dropped the rider off, they saw him ending the trip and probably showing the fare for the trip to the rider and then one of them logged on to a rider account and made a request for an uber taxi. Truth is, there are times this airport taxi men request an uber taxi and when the uber arrives, they arrest his vehicle, probably they were waiting with the airport authorities and stuff...These things happen, so the safest way is not to accept requests around the airport, as you might not be able to tell if the rider is genuine or its one of the airport taxi men disguising as a rider. Go offline the moment you drop off a rider at the airport and only come online after you must have left the airport vicinity to avoid being requested by these airport taxi men and getting arrested upon arrival. 

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MamaTobenna: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
mrsage:

You are right bro. I still don't understand how and where exactly the driver was nabbed.
me sef I tire. Do you know I had to pay 50000 to get my car out. It was not funny o. I sent all manner of people, even police, dem no gree.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
MamaTobenna:
me sef I tire. Do you know I had to pay 50000 to get my car out. It was not funny o. I sent all manner of people, even police, dem no gree.

I sympathize with you.

However, to educate other members here. How did the airport guys identify your driver as an uber driver?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:20am On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=sleekender post=50244599]100K a month?? When drivers make over 100K a week on Uber...

Thanks for the feedback, let's use your calculation, 100, 000 a week. Based on an average benchmark of 1000 naira per trip at 14.285 trips per day. Uber takes 25,000. At that rate, fuel costs at 4000 naira per day, data and voice calls at 1000 naira a day, comprehensive car wash at 3500 per week, servicing fees at 1000 naira per week, miscellaneous such as minor repairs, candy, water and wifi, (these are optional but necessary) 500 naira per day, 3,500 per week. We pay the driver 20% net. All of this tallies at 25,700 net profit, subtract 20,000 and we are left with 814 naira per day, and still open to negotiation. You do not think that is fair?! angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: MacHerb, pope191, Djdamian(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.