Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728668 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mytshirtriches: 9:15am On Oct 17, 2016
Can some body explain this to me

N400 base fare + N90/km + N9/minute (N400 minimum fare/N1000 Cancellation fee)

I saw this on the uber rate. I dont understand the (N400 minimum fare/N1000 Cancellation fee)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by WebclickNG: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2016
The Nigeria Recession Survival Group is a Facebook support group to help individuals and small business owners to survive the current recession in Nigeria. Join us now @ https://www./NigeriaRecessionSurvival/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2016
mytshirtriches:
Can some body explain this to me

N400 base fare + N90/km + N9/minute (N400 minimum fare/N1000 Cancellation fee)

I saw this on the uber rate. I dont understand the (N400 minimum fare/N1000 Cancellation fee)
That is how Uber calculate their money o: 400 naira base fare, plus the number of kilometre you ride × 90 + the amount of minutes you ride × 9= Your total fare. 400 naira minimum fare means that no matter how brief your trip is, your fare price cannot be less than 400 naira. Cancellation fee is when you book a ride on Uber, then cancel after 5 mins. Uber then charges you 1000 naira, to cover the cost the Uber driver who must have started driving towards you incurred before you cancelled, the 1000 is for the fuel and time he is assumed to have wasted. If you cancel before 5 minutes, you are not charged the 1000 naira, only if you cancel after 5 minutes.

https://www.nairaland.com/3374339/thread-uber-partners-abuja
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2016
Hello. I want to ask a question.

How much do you make weekly on uber? If you have a car on uber or a driver please respond. Let's rub minds.

I noticed a lot of misconception
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mytshirtriches: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2016
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

That is how Uber calculate their money o: 400 naira base fare, plus the number of kilometre you ride × 90 + the amount of minutes you ride × 9= Your total fare. 400 naira minimum fare means that no matter how brief your trip is, your fare price cannot be less than 400 naira. Cancellation fee is when you book a ride on Uber, then cancel after 5 mins. Uber then charges you 1000 naira, to cover the cost the Uber driver who must have started driving towards you incurred before you cancelled, the 1000 is for the fuel and time he is assumed to have wasted. If you cancel before 5 minutes, you are not charged the 1000 naira, only if you cancel after 5 minutes.

Thanks my friend. I appreciate your response. One more thing is does uber customize the cars or they leave it as it is. There are some cab services that carry their service name on the cab. Does uber do same for their cars?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mytshirtriches: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2016
mrsage:
Hello. I want to ask a question.

How much do you make weekly on uber? If you have a car on uber or a driver please respond. Let's rub minds.

I noticed a lot of misconception

I have not noticed any misconception on the thread. How much you earn is quite dependent on how many pick ups you do. Read through from the beginning of this topic and you will find your answer
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 18, 2016
I am definitely buyin into this
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sehawale: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
mytshirtriches:

Thanks my friend. I appreciate your response. One more thing is does uber customize the cars or they leave it as it is. There are some cab services that carry their service name on the cab. Does uber do same for their cars?

Uber doesn't customize your car, they only inspect it six-monthly to be sure its in good condition. Once your car passes their inspection, You are good to go until after 6 months if no serious accident reported during this period.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 19, 2016
I still have more questions. What is this 20% uber collects? Is it weekly or monthly?

Are drivers paid weekly or monthly? How much are they paid?

I understand uber is responsible for fueling the vehicles, who is responsible for the maintenance of the car?

@OAKSFIVEFARMS
@sehawale
@TokyoBulls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 2:04am On Oct 19, 2016
ribechi:
I still have more questions. What is this 20% uber collects? Is it weekly or monthly?

I understand uber is responsible for fueling the vehicles, who is responsible for the maintenance of the car?

@OAKSFIVEFARMS
@sehawale
@TokyoBulls

Hello, Uber collects 25% not 20, it is deducted on every single transaction, thus it has no time limit.
Drivers can be paid weekly or monthly, depending on the agreement between partner and driver. Drivers are usually paid between 15-25%, often-times based on performance
Uber does not fuel cars, maintain them, nor insure them. That is strictly up to the partner.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 2:06am On Oct 19, 2016
ribechi:

@OAKSFIVEFARMS
@sehawale
@TokyoBulls

Hello, Uber collects 25% not 20%, this is deducted from every single transaction, thus it has no time window.
Drivers can be paid weekly or monthly, depending on the agreement between partner and driver. Drivers are usually paid between 15-25%, often-times based on performance
Uber does not fuel cars, maintain, nor insure them. That is strictly up to the partner.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 19, 2016
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Hello, Uber collects 25% not 20%, this is deducted from every single transaction, thus it has no time window.
Uber does not fuel cars, maintain, nor insure them. That is strictly up to the partner.

Thank you so much. Just what i needed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 4:23am On Oct 19, 2016
tblackE61:
Hello to u all! I came across this thread and I av to read all the post over night I'm other for me to get more educated abt ubber! However I seems to be Intrested in this business as I am capable of buying a good car to place under ubber but I deem fit to tell my self the truth that am a bit confused on ow this is gonna work out after reading lots of people post who claimed it isn't profitable and the have to withdraw their car from ubber y some claim it's is a very lucrative business . Thou I know what is good for Mr A might be bad for Mr B but nevertheless I still deem fit to believe all business involve risk d gravity of the risk is now what am considering . Pls expert in this forum I would appreciate if u all can give me a good advise if buying a car under ubber is a good business to venture in and ow profitable is it. I don't mind we communicating outside this forum! My contact info are adegokeolatunde@yahoo.com u also free to what's app me on this digit 07038448164 . Thanks in advance to u all in response of ur positive advice.

#peacenation
Will give you a call later in the morning

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tobiyayo: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2016
I am looking for four Uber drivers with good rating to start immediately to drive in Lagos.

Please email tobiona@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Unibenfucker(m): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pls How much profit can I make in a month 4rm uber business
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BeingGabriel: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hello, please feed me in too.

I have a Toyota Corolla 2010 which I want to put on Uber.

OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Will give you a call later in the morning
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
BeingGabriel:
Hello, please feed me in too.

I have a Toyota Corolla 2010 which I want to put on Uber.

That is a good car to put on Uber, durable and economical. What would you like to know? Are you in Lagos or Abuja?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BeingGabriel: 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
I'm in Lagos.

Been to the website but still need to relate with those who are actually doing it. How does it go? Pros and cons?

Need to know the
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

That is a good car to put on Uber, durable and economical. What would you like to know? Are you in Lagos or Abuja?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
BeingGabriel:
I'm in Lagos.

Been to the website but still need to relate with those who are actually doing it. How does it go? Pros and cons?

Need to know the

Please be specific, what exactly would you like to know?
You can find answers at the link below.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
This goes to the partners (uber I mean). Do you employ th services of a secretary or you do all the stuffs a secretary has to do.

If you employ the services of a secretary, how much do you pay them?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
ribechi:
This goes to the partners (uber I mean). Do you employ th services of a secretary or you do all the stuffs a secretary has to do.

If you employ the services of a secretary, how much do you pay them?

Why don't you employ the services of an uber management company. That way everything is taken care of. A secretary has to learn from scratch, and there is quite a lot to learn when it comes to Uber, you might have lost a lot of money while the secretary is climbing the learning curve. Would a secretary have all the contacts required to manage an Uber?
A secretary would also be more expensive.
In my opinion, a management company would make more sense because they would use their experience to make sure you do not lose money, while charging a fraction of the cost a secretary would be paid.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fkayode: 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
Experience uber driver needed for toyota corolla 2012.
Call 08032201221 for details.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thanksoluwa: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
I've a corolla 2010 to put on uber.. Hw mch can i get weekly from rental?..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FxHouse: 1:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MamaTobenna: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Ready uber driver who has gone thru screening and all and has all the required licenses and is willing to work should contact me on wendy170ng@yahoo.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FxHouse: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lookers191: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2016
Good morning all,please is anyone experiencing an error message while trying to go online that says 'ERROR:You don't have any vehicle configured'
My partner has updated the vehicle docs and I have updated all docs too.If anybody has experienced this,what's the way to resolve the issue please?
I have sent series of mails to uber and they kept telling me it has bn resolved that I am active on their dbase.
This has bn on for about 5 days now.thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
Uber drivers are being harassed at the airport by car hire service personnel. There seems to be a tacit approval from airport staff, as they do nothing to stop this. Uber offers the least protection to drivers, these vandals have been known to vandalise Uber vehicles, throw stones at vehicle and driver, hold the vegicle hostage etc. What is Uber doing about this, partners please bring this to Uber's attention again and again? This is an important message as it pertains to threat to life and property, if anyone at Uber is reading this, what are you guys doing about this grave situation?!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
OAKSFIVEFARMS:
Uber drivers are being harassed at the airport by car hire service personnel. There seems to be a tacit approval from airport staff, as they do nothing to stop this. Uber offers the least protection to drivers, these vandals have been known to vandalise Uber vehicles, throw stones at vehicle and driver, hold the vegicle hostage etc. What is Uber doing about this, partners please bring this to Uber's attention again and again? This is an important message as it pertains to threat to life and property, if anyone at Uber is reading this, what are you guys doing about this grave situation?!

This isn't good enough. I was thinking about this and it dawned on me that this could incur other cost on the uber driver.

They are threatened because businesses are being taken away from them.

Something has to be done about this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fkayode: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Experience uber driver needed for toyota corolla 2012.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fkayode: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2016
fkayode:
Experience uber driver within Lagos needed for toyota corolla 2012.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dy4life, donfortune48(m), RainMoreDFARMS(f), Welz(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.