Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4821600 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) ... (5707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 10:37am On Dec 27, 2019
izzou:

0803-901-2019

I’ve tried reaching them through that line but it’s saying the system cannot take message this time. I guess they’re on holiday. Thanks boss they wan give me compulsory leave
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 10:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Pls where is Uber inspection office?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jaidooo(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2019
famousguy01:
Bad time to get blocked, I only wish it’s not this time
Call or mail them. You'd be activated with no stress.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:42am On Dec 27, 2019
famousguy01:

I’ve tried reaching them through that line but it’s saying the system cannot take message this time. I guess they’re on holiday. Thanks boss they wan give me compulsory leave

I don't think they are on any holiday

With the numerous complaints of long pickup by drivers, and high fares by riders, I'm sure they must be receiving back to back calls

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2019
peeps4u:

There are various cars good for this business; ranging from popular options like Hyundai, Toyota Corolla, camry (Big daddy), honda civic, someone even uses benz c230.

But the popular sentiment is that corolla is the best for this business interms of fuel economy, cost of maintenance and strength but there is another school of thought driven by dru23 that honda civic is a better option than corolla with the claim that it is more fuel efficient than corolla, less cost of maintenance, better interior and even comes cheaper than corolla.
With civic, it is quicker to recoup your investment than corolla because it is less expensive.

So in essence, you may narrow your optons to corolla, civic and seek more advices on these brands as regards to ehailing

Less I forget, Uber accepts 2000 upward while bolt accepts from 2003 upward. You may consider nothing less than 2003 brand so that your car is accepted across all platforms.

For your car registration on uber, you need

1. Valid insurance docs
2. Lagos state road worthiness.
3. Vehicle inspection report from the center accredited by any of these ehailing platforms.

In terms of investment, you can either take the rental or hire purchase options.

I think I've tried a bit.

BTW, I need a car for rental.

Good luck.
what abt camry muscle?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2019
famousguy01:

In an hour time deh should unblock u, d last time deh blocked me, I didn't stress my and they did activate exactly an hour after.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:09am On Dec 27, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Lol, before we got there. I recall they once told me not to use any route that have police check points, na so I begin driving like mad man come claim to call my colleague as a policeman. I noticed they were panicking then I accused them of smoking in my car, they started swearing they never did such a thing.
I come calm down begin dey explain to them about surge and the wrong destination they put and all that.
That it will affect their fare, they said they don't have much on them ooo.
I end trip finally it was 7,400. After roughly 20 minutes of argument they grudgingly paid I confirmed the trip.
That's the end
grin
Thank God say I don first shake them

Nah u deh enjoy dis season o, infact u r d reason for d season.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2019
peeps4u:

I think the analysis was done here recently and it was shown thar uber is slightly better. But i'm of the view of sticking to a platform one is comfortable with so one meets the bonus on time and lower commission rates. Just have other platforms by the side and switch incase the darling platform misbehaves.

My own opinion.

BTW, I still need a car for rental.

Good morning and good day everyone.

Were u finally able to chat with Gazzuzz about the car swap u talked about?
You’re right jor... as for me I’ll just stick to only Uber as soon as I get back work because for me, there’s an extent I tolerate and since guys don’t want to come together and make things right na to just boycott them for some time till I start seeing testimonies about bolt.

Yes, Oga GAZZAZZ and I had a great chat but it’s unfortunate we couldn’t strike a balance due to some bad experience he has had with some bad people/drivers. The bad once always go ahead to spoil the way for the good once coming from behind. So he already made up his mind not to go that path again. Though I managed to convinced and then he was ready to shift grounds, but I made a little mistake counting my chicks even before they were hatched so negotiations broke down and the person that gave an offer for the car didn’t show up again.

Though everything is still in line and I’m positive that soon I’ll be back on the road with something real good.

Just be patient and don’t rush into settling for just any car. Just take your time “the patient dog eats the fastest born”.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:11am On Dec 27, 2019
Freshprince91:

grin Baba, all of una abandoned your brother on Christmas day, even egbon cooladex trowey face.
Gentlelife too. Make una well done.
God no go forget me as una do me this Christmas.

Meself deh vex say u forget me for dis season, how d hustle?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2019
Im also planning to stick with uber.

Thanks bro.
I dont have problem waiting or being patient for a better result.

Wishing us all the very best this year as it rounds up and beyond.

Felicity001:

You’re right jor... as for me I’ll just stick to only Uber as soon as I get back work because for me, there’s an extent I tolerate and since guys don’t want to come together and make things right na to just boycott them for some time till I start seeing testimonies about bolt.

Yes, Oga GAZZAZZ and I had a great chat but it’s unfortunate we couldn’t strike a balance due to some bad experience he has had with some bad people/drivers. The bad once always go ahead to spoil the way for the good once coming from behind. So he already made up his mind not to go that path again. Though I managed to convinced and then he was ready to shift grounds, but I made a little mistake counting my chicks even before they were hatched so negotiations broke down and the person that gave an offer for the car didn’t show up again.

Though everything is still in line and I’m positive that soon I’ll be back on the road with something real good.

Just be patient and don’t rush into settling for just any car. Just take your time “the patient dog eats the fastest born”.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2019
izzou:
Mystical888

Remove your contacts from there, please.

Make ritualists and kidnappers no go contact you.

Just post the ad there. Whoever is interested should quote you, and then you take it up from there
What difference will it make lolz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:35am On Dec 27, 2019
peeps4u:
Im also planning to stick with uber.

Thanks bro.
I dont have problem waiting or being patient for a better result.

Wishing us all the very best this year as it rounds up and beyond.

Finally, you get to hit the road.

You've learnt a lot here and you've helped out too. Maybe you should study Data Science grin

Wish you the best bro

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2019
deedee44:

What difference will it make lolz

Very little difference. But it's better than nothing

He can screen the moniker to know if truly the person is a driver

But if someone contacts him directly, without no trace on the net?...... Hmmmm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 11:49am On Dec 27, 2019
engrprinceka:
Good morning. Please how much do uber drivers deliver to partner weekly and is the car going to work everydayp?
Depends on the condition and type of vehicles. Some demands for 25k. while some demands for 30k but that's when the car is very sound and attractive...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2019
izzou:

Finally, you get to hit the road.

You've learnt a lot here and you've helped out too. Maybe you should study Data Science grin

Wish you the best bro

Thanks bro.
Hope Poco is fine? Sincere question.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:51am On Dec 27, 2019
peeps4u:

Thanks bro.
Hope Poco is fine? Sincere question.

I'm sure she is grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:53am On Dec 27, 2019
Freshprince91:

grin Baba, all of una abandoned your brother on Christmas day, even egbon cooladex trowey face.
Gentlelife too. Make una well done.
God no go forget me as una do me this Christmas.
Eyaa, bro how life? No vex my body no too strong just dey manage am, this work wan kill me but God pass am. U travel?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2019
famousguy01:
Bad time to get blocked, I only wish it’s not this time
Lol, something they will open immediately. Na initial gra gra, but make una dey use brain dey cancel. Sometimes u just do some trips with unfavorable distance or pick up locations.
It's better than going to beg Uche and his men to unblock you, me don't even see wait for client to cancel most times.
If I wan cancel I use one trick and it have been working, I don't know ooo but it have been worked for me.
I don't even wait for 5 minutes and it doesn't affect my activity score

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
famousguy01:

They won't pick during these holidays, I told somebody here before.
Even reviewing trip is a waste of time because they won't attend to it, but maybe they will work today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
eyinola:
what abt camry muscle?

If the car is already yours, you might try it and see if the profit are good enough to override the cost. But it is advisable it isn't used full time, perhaps weekend. But I want to believe you might have few offline clients in just lil time, based on your car and customer treatment.

But if you're planning to buy a car for this husssle, I may not advise it to be considered for full time ehailing becuase of fuel consumption and maintenance cost. Afterall, what you earn from X distance on a trip with muscle camry is what another driver earns on the same trip with dru23 or Coro.

But one thing is most certain, muscle camry will fetch you good offline deals as times go on

Plenty good luck bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
pope191:

In an hour time deh should unblock u, d last time deh blocked me, I didn't stress my and they did activate exactly an hour after.
Exactly, they need drivers. So all those ones na initial gra gra

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2019
This one you guys are complaining of being block me I’m wondering why bolt have not blocked me o abi there’s something you guys are not telling us? Abi the soji dey vex them? Didn’t they get commission from the same trip that comes with soji?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
Felicity001:

This buhari time patient dog no go see left over bone chop oo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
drmikeadams:

This buhari time patient dog no go see left over bone chop oo
Hahaha... mad oooo... buhari na bad guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
All protocol observed..

Kindly assist me with answer to the following

1. I registered for bolt and I did the online test on my phone and got a completion/success message after the test and was asked to download the app, which I did, I have being trying to log in but all the credentials I entered keep saying error. Please any advise on this

2. I registered for uber and I submitted the necessary documents but it keeps rejecting my drivers license.. It's temporary as frsc ppl said gheir network is bad and just keep stamping it for me... Kindly advise

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
pope191:

Nah u deh enjoy dis season o, infact u r d reason for d season.
Lol, bros u no go understand. I carry one family that their car broke down, they wanted to use my car as second car but theirs couldn't start.
After going through one rough street with big big stones in Lekki, came out and my tire gone flat. I drove to one vulcanizer we saw the tire is condemned, next time if I insists I won't do such they will think I am wicked.
Funny enough yesterday evening I got a request at farm city 1.5, I run call they said they are waiting.
Got there and like 5 guys were trying to force themselves inside my car, if u see the way I shout.
They kept pleading I should help them, I didn't even hesitate to cancel. Shock that I am managing is what they want to come and spoil, u went to farm city to form and can't afford cab. Una try

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mystical888: 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2019
Done!
Thanks Bro.

izzou:
Mystical888

Remove your contacts from there, please.

Make ritualists and kidnappers no go contact you.

Just post the ad there. Whoever is interested should quote you, and then you take it up from there
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
peeps4u:

If the car is already yours, you might try it and see if the profit are good enough to override the cost. But it is advisable it isn't used full time, perhaps weekend. But I want to believe you might have few offline clients in just lil time, based on your car and customer treatment.

But if you're planning to buy a car for this husssle, I may not advise it to be considered for full time ehailing becuase of fuel consumption and maintenance cost. Afterall, what you earn from X distance on a trip with muscle camry is what another driver earns on the same trip with dru23 or Coro.

But one thing is most certain, muscle camry will fetch you good offline deals as times go on

Plenty good luck bro.

I love ur analysis bro,i am looking at working for 8 hours everyday I.e 8am to 4pm starting by January..btw is dru23 a car name now grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
Vision2045:
All protocol observed..

Kindly assist me with answer to the following

1. I registered for bolt and I did the online test on my phone and got a completion/success message after the test and was asked to download the app, which I did, I have being trying to log in but all the credentials I entered keep saying error. Please any advise on this

2. I registered for uber and I submitted the necessary documents but it keeps rejecting my drivers license.. It's temporary as frsc ppl said gheir network is bad and just keep stamping it for me... Kindly advise

Thanks

For your no 2. What is frsc stamping? Paper?

I think only coloured temporary DL given after capture would be accepted.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2019
peeps4u:

For your no 2. What is frsc stamping? Paper?

I think only coloured temporary DL given after capture would be accepted.

Yes bro.. The one issued after capturing but the validity date is passed and when I went there to collect permanent all they did was to ask me to do photocopy and they stamped it extending the date to January 2020. They said their network is bad and they are very busy this December
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
eyinola:
I love ur analysis bro,i am looking at working for 8 hours everyday I.e 8am to 4pm starting by January..btw is dru23 a car name now grin

Yes, it is named after a certain man who drove the argument that honda civic is better than corolla and then popularised its usage on the platform.

I guess you already own that muscle?
Give it a trial, but after a week or weeks, sit down to do your cost vs profit analysis to know if you're to continue with the car.

Good luck again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
Vision2045:

Yes bro.. The one issued after capturing but the validity date is passed and when I went there to collect permanent all they did was to ask me to do photocopy and they stamped it extending the date to January 2020. They said their network is bad and they are very busy this December

Oh I see.

I advise you go to bolt office.

I had issue with my DL as well, the picture of my DOB wasnt so clear. After days of failing to upload, I went to uber office, they asked my DOB and other blurred details on the DL and it was accepted instantly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) ... (5707) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: codeManiac(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.