Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4765435 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Terrence15115: 6:29am On Nov 20, 2017
Morning House,

I am willing to immediately explore a Rental opportunity. I am quite experienced and conversant with Lagos routes. I haven't had and will have no problem in remitting 35k/week

Any prospective partner can kindly drop me a mail at terrence15115@ gmail.com.

Wish everyone a productive week ahead.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ga1ba2003(m): 6:32am On Nov 20, 2017
ogunvic41:

Says who? Have been refunded twice...
on taxify? shocked shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:51am On Nov 20, 2017
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2017
ga1ba2003:
on taxify? shocked shocked
YES BRO, U NEED A SCREENSHOT?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2017
This is what I received from Taxify this morning and it's such a disgrace to the platform. Uber anytime any day.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:49am On Nov 20, 2017
Taxify too will have to review its fares now, God bless competition

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2017
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OFFIC3R: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=62539045]www.nairaland.com/attachments/6141258_img20171020wa005_jpegabe62a279f6b17bcc0309d164436c49a

https://www.nairaland.com/4131360/peugeot-407-manual-nothing-fix

buy and start work, nothing to worry about wink[/quote

Good morning Gazz. Can this manual be converted to automatic? And also what year is this very car?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2017
technically, not a smart move, economically, bad idea. As per Brand, the manual is much more reliable.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gwng: 9:30am On Nov 20, 2017
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobiline, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 25K. Call us on 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamspeedracer(m): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2017
gwng:
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobiline, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 25K. Call us on 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

I already have a tracker. How much to install it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:14am On Nov 20, 2017
Hello house,

I need info on the below.

At what point does Uber pay the person that refers a partner/driver? And how much?

Does the new driver earn too, how much and at what point?

Thanks and God bless.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2017
No more referral bonus on uber for now.

But if it's an old referral before they stopped it, they pay after the driver partner completes 50 trips .

Epphy:
Hello house,

I need info on the below.

At what point does Uber pay the person that refers a partner/driver? And how much?

Does the new driver earn too, how much and at what point?

Thanks and God bless.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 11:02am On Nov 20, 2017
So Uber has increased their price. This is the beauty of competition. I can tell you authoritatively that Uber Nigeria was coming under intense pressure from their corporate head office. They reduced price in the hopes of getting more customers and they did increase their customer base for a while, but over the last 2 months Taxify has been crushing them. Due to long wait times before a driver gets to you, many riders where switching in droves to taxify. To make matters worse, Taxify was matching them promo for promo. They had no choice but to increase their fares.

It will be interesting to see how Taxify will respond. My guess is that they will hold on a bit on matching Uber they will probably increase a bit. Taxify still needs to differentiate themselves from Uber, and they will hope that lower prices will retain their customers. The question is will drivers remain.?

As for me, i hit the roads next week. I have not driven in 5 months, waiting patiently for a time like this. I will use this week to round up all my businesses and hit the roads next week. Let see if we can hit pre-price reduction fare earnings of 400k per month.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2017
can't wait for you to hit the road, you use to encourage me then

elninosanz:
So Uber has increased their price. This is the beauty of competition. I can tell you authoritatively that Uber Nigeria was coming under intense pressure from their corporate head office. They reduced price in the hopes of getting more customers and they did increase their customer base for a while, but over the last 2 months Taxify has been crushing them. Due to long wait times before a driver gets to you, many riders where switching in droves to taxify. To make matters worse, Taxify was matching them promo for promo. They had no choice but to increase their fares.

It will be interesting to see how Taxify will respond. My guess is that they will hold on a bit on matching Uber they will probably increase a bit. Taxify still needs to differentiate themselves from Uber, and they will hope that lower prices will retain their customers. The question is will drivers remain.?

As for me, i hit the roads next week. I have not driven in 5 months, waiting patiently for a time like this. I will use this week to round up all my businesses and hit the roads next week. Let see if we can hit pre-price reduction fare earnings of 400k per month.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mite: 12:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
Serious minded Uber drivers needed...send me a mail ; way2me5@yahoo.co.uk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gwng: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
iamspeedracer:

I already have a tracker. How much to install it

7K without online platform. 12K with online platform (NO SUBSEQUENT SUBSCRIPTION FEES)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
alstarmayo:
can't wait for you to hit the road, you use to encourage me then

My brother, thanks o. I used to work very hard those days. Tried to do about 12 -14 hours per day, and almost all day Fridays and Saturdays. I stopped when the things was not making financial sense again. When you are working that hard, i believe the money you are earning should be commiserate. Of course the fact that there where a few other options also helped because truth be told if Uber was all i had i would have had no other choice but to stomach the low pay.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
julietromeo:

Lol.
Romeo3 is too strong and smart to be my Romeo. But I fall in love with his diary though. I think I need to start writing about my own experience too.

Hmmm, see come and get me plea
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Abcdef01: 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
Message below from Taxify.
Hi ........, Remember, asking for your rider's destination on the phone gives a poor customer experience and will lead to lower ratings. Avoid at all costs #TaxifyTips

My rating dropped from 4.48 to 4.45 two sundays ago so I didn't work Monday Tuesday and Wednesday and used opportunity to change my front shocks, still rating drop to 4.40 yesterday. Never have issues with riders but from message above if it's cos of asking for destination my rating is dropping no wahala.

I have tested Ubers new promo with 3 trips today and I can see on Uber app that i have three 5 star today alone so what's the problem with Taxify rating? Taxify should make details of rating on their app visible for us to see.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dyemida(m): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
deedee44:
Taxify too will have to review its fares now, God bless competition

Taxify still pays for now with zero commissions. Uber would deduct 25% still
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
dyemida:

Taxify still pays for now with zero commissions. Uber would deduct 25% still

Which would you prefer Uber with double the former fare but 25% commission or Taxify with lower fares but 0% commission?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Abcdef01:
Message below from Taxify.
Hi ........, Remember, asking for your rider's destination on the phone gives a poor customer experience and will lead to lower ratings. Avoid at all costs #TaxifyTips

My rating dropped from 4.48 to 4.45 two sundays ago so I didn't work Monday Tuesday and Wednesday and used opportunity to change my front shocks, still rating drop to 4.40 yesterday. Never have issues with riders but from message above if it's cos of asking for destination my rating is dropping no wahala.

I have tested Ubers new promo with 3 trips today and I can see on Uber app that i have three 5 star today alone so what's the problem with Taxify rating? Taxify should make details of rating on their app visible for us to see.
Call me on 08032800453... I will teach u how to improve ur ratings...
One love bro...let's keep Lagos moving...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Reeefe(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
elninosanz:

My brother, thanks o. I used to work very hard those days. Tried to do about 12 -14 hours per day, and almost all day Fridays and Saturdays. I stopped when the things was not making financial sense again. When you are working that hard, i believe the money you are earning should be commiserate. Of course the fact that there where a few other options also helped because truth be told if Uber was all i had i would have had no other choice but to stomach the low pay.

so technically its not like it didn't pay you probably you got something paying higher.

because if u getting 400k n u see it as not making financial sense that is alot.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dyemida(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
elninosanz:

Which would you prefer Uber with double the former fare but 25% commission or Taxify with lower fares but 0% commission?
After my calculations, Taxify with zero commissions pays me more. But zero commission cannot be sustained.

So let's see what Taxify would bring up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Reeefe:

so technically its not like it didn't pay you probably you got something paying higher.

because if u getting 400k n u see it as not making financial sense that is alot.

In order to make 400k a month(after Uber fees and fuel but before car repairs and maintenance), i have to put in about 96 hours per week(15 hours Monday to Thursday, 18 hours Fridays and Saturdays. I don't work on Sundays). In my opinion, those are already hefty hours. When Uber slashed their prices, and later surge dropped drastically i realised that in order to make 400k a month, i had to increase my weekly hours to 130 hours. Even if my wife accepts, my body can't.

Business is all about time. Time is equal to money. I had to find some other business that will gurantee similar income with similar amount or even less time/input.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
dyemida:

After my calculations, Taxify with zero commissions pays me more. But zero commission cannot be sustained.

So let's see what Taxify would bring up

Mathematically, i fail to see how Taxify will pay more. Uber has increased their fares by 100% even if you factor in their 25% commission, thats still a 75% increase. That is still far more profitable mathematically. However, the situation in reality may be different. Drivers need riders to make money. With this price increase will there be enough riders on Uber?, or will they prefer the cheaper Taxify alternative?. I guess time will tell
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigass(f): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
elninosanz:

Mathematically, i fail to see how Taxify will pay more. Uber has increased their fares by 100% even if you factor in their 25% commission, thats still a 75% increase. That is still far more profitable mathematically. However, the situation in reality may be different. Drivers need riders to make money. With this price increase will there be enough riders on Uber?, or will they prefer the cheaper Taxify alternative?. I guess time will tell

The bulk of money comes from distance covered. Uber is N60/km while Taxify is N65/km.. Uber can only pay better if there is mad traffic.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dyemida(m): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
elninosanz:

Don't forget that base fare remains the same and that Taxify's fare was higher. The only thing that's higher in uber now is the per minute rate. Which is just #4.5 higher.

The only reason uber is really challenging now with this recent update, is because of the guaranteed surge.
But still, with Taxify's zero commission, it makes it still better.

Check the fare rates that person put up earlier.
Remember to remove 25% on all uber trips there, you would see what I'm talking about.

I have worked with both apps today, so I know what I'm talking about.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dyemida(m): 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
bigass:

The bulk of money comes from distance covered. Uber is N60/km while Taxify is N65/km.. Uber can only pay better if there is mad traffic.

Gbam
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
it's not a 100% increase, they increased their fare from 55naira per km to 60naira per km. Time increased from 5.50 to 11naira per minute

elninosanz:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kemspec(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
Plz help me, can someone explain this to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.