Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4761165 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinchunchu: 11:02am On Feb 26, 2018
Mr for your information...you ain't better than most driver here...you were just opportuned that's all...the fact that you buy a car, give a driver to drive doesn't make him less or inferior... This is a business.. You ain't doing anyone any fucking favour...you invested to make money and he is driving to make money...stop seeing driver as your slave or maybe you are doing them a favour, he's not your personal driver...this is business...
olaboy1:
Trying to use emotional manipulation will not help drivers to gain employment. Nigerians are so fond of using emotion to try to win an argument.

Drivers working in Chevron, Banks and telecoms are employed as drivers and not partners. Whether you want to be called robotic fleet driver doesn’t change the fact that car owners invest their money for the sole purpose of making profit, and drivers should stop this egoistic behavior of wanting to make more money than the investor.

When you run your mouth that investors are not doing drivers any favor, I want you to remember Nigeria is currently in this financial mess because of poor mentality of people like you, most investors are pulling out of Nigeria. Now ask yourself who does this affect more, investors or Nigerian citizens.

So yes Uber investors are doing you a big favor by investing their hard earned money. Uber is not the only place they can invest their money.

Since you live in Nigeria with the very poor minimum wage, how long do you think it will take you to raise 2m Naira (10yrs I guess).

And for the drivers complaining, this job is for professional drivers who have driven commercially for many years like the danfo drivers.
Danfo drivers are on the road 10-15 hrs daily with no car A/C and lastma, Agbero/Police will not let them rest.

So be grateful to God and the investor that you can atleast earn around 100k monthly. This is not a get rich quick scheme.
Before Uber came to Nigeria, ask yourself how much were people earning and what job were they doing.
Many people do tedious laborer jobs and take home 2,500 daily. So far Uber is the only menial job in Nigeria that pays well.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 11:03am On Feb 26, 2018
Ifeanyimark:
This thread once had lots of hardworking drivers like egbon chillex, romeo, ogunvic (the driver not d fleet manager), myself, blacklola and others, competing daily and weekly, motivating everybody but unfortunately, its been hijacked by lazy drivers that say 100k in a week is not achievable, that say you cannot work 14 hours a day ( how many hours do bankers work), that try to force their conditions on car owners (why u no get car). That say drivers cant earn more than car owners (i continously earned nore than car owners, till i got mine). Pleaee, if u cant do it, keep quiet amd stop demoralizong people. Davenoja, keep it up abeg.
gracious

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 11:19am On Feb 26, 2018
A driver that will work 24 hours will work 24 hours whether he is paying 10k a week or 70k a week. Same way i worked with all my partners beacuase i had a target, same way i still work now beacause i stikl have targets, i need to own some keke marwas ( sorry kia rio). A lazy driver will give excuses even if he is one 15k a week.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:43am On Feb 26, 2018
vulpeslopez:
u know notin of this business oga, just go and dig a pit and bury ur money ......buy a car and put it on crazy rentals and see what happens...... No wonder that nigga defrauded u...... When u buy a car and u want to get ur ROI in 2 months... Wat u see is what u get..... PS.... Just shut up and stop creating awareness.....ur dumbness is making my tooth ache me.

Business adviser one of Uber village.

Nigga forming gangster for keyboard, meet me in real life and call me dumb, make ogun fire u.

Anupama.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2018
Ifeanyimark:
A driver that will work 24 hours will work 24 hours whether he is paying 10k a week or 70k a week. Same way i worked with all my partners beacuase i had a target, same way i still work now beacause i stikl have targets, i need to own some keke marwas ( sorry kia rio). A lazy driver will give excuses even if he is one 15k a week.

Godbless you sir. For this truth.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by letuak(m): 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

Reality shot.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
vulpeslopez:
oga,if u wan give out ur car give am outrightly with no conditions..... Forget seriousness and planning,when the poor driver suppose dey edge him go dey reason madam way him go go carry...for a reasonable driver to make money,he needs to work 12hrs daily.....the business is already over saturated to come and be doing part-time private driver/part time kabu kabu driver and still be rogering lord lugard
Guy u get mouth die. You just said everything on my mind. Its like u are a lekki guy man. May u live longer than Methuselah...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ifeanyimark:
This thread once had lots of hardworking drivers like egbon chillex, romeo, ogunvic (the driver not d fleet manager), myself, blacklola and others, competing daily and weekly, motivating everybody but unfortunately, its been hijacked by lazy drivers that say 100k in a week is not achievable, that say you cannot work 14 hours a day ( how many hours do bankers work), that try to force their conditions on car owners (why u no get car). That say drivers cant earn more than car owners (i continously earned nore than car owners, till i got mine). Pleaee, if u cant do it, keep quiet amd stop demoralizong people. Davenoja, keep it up abeg.

Careful now before they call you a slave. The fact that they are incapable of doing it, they make up silly excuses.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

How many partners did you have before getting your own car?
Would you say the ROI of each car owner at the end of your deal with them was equal to or greater than amount invested?
Total remittance + value of car after use = cost price of car+miscellaneous expenses to put on the e-hailing platform.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
I just remembered a case of a fraudulent driver, he signed up for an impossible target,
and guess what he did? He wakes up 5am, drives till 10pm and hands over the keys to his unemployed friend who drives from 10pm- 5am and pays a daily fee to him for use of the vehicle. Basically car never stopped working.

driver paid weekly payments with ease, owner was happy until........

You can fill in the blanks.

How is that even possible. Will the partner not see from the app how long the car has logged into Uber in the last 24hrs, will the partner not see the total daily earning and hours online. Except the second driver doesn’t use Uber or taxify app to work.

If drivers can still cheat then what’s the whole point of the Uber app. Partner already knows the average mileage covered weekly is around 1000km, will he not complain if he sees 2000km.

All driver’s earnings are captured on the app and the partner has access to it also, how then can the driver cheat. Anyway it’s only naive investors that will be cheated. Once I notice any magomago I collect my key.

The same problem why people don’t like to invest in transport business because of greedy drivers seem to be replicated on Uber also.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
chinchunchu:
Mr for your information...you ain't better than most driver here...you were just opportuned that's all...the fact that you buy a car, give a driver to drive doesn't make him less or inferior... This is a business.. You ain't doing anyone any fucking favour...you invested to make money and he is driving to make money...stop seeing driver as your slave or maybe you are doing them a favour, he's not your personal driver...this is business...

Who says I see myself better and above anyone. I am the most humble person you would ever come across, if you go back the pages, there was a time I solicited for low working hours for drivers (8-10hrs max), but many people countered it citing the poor economic conditions in Nigeria cannot be compared with the west.

I look out for both drivers and partners. Drivers should earn decent income and partners should be able to break even on the invested capital.
Drivers are at risk on the job, so are partners. Some partners do 2-3 jobs abroad just to raise the capital for the business and rather than been grateful many drivers sound rather harsh and ungrateful.

How many jobs has Nigerian government created for you?
what’s the poverty level in the land?
What’s the average income of people with masters degree in Nigeria?

I say it again be grateful that investors are putting their money in the business to gainfully employ Nigerians.

Ok let me come out clean so you have an idea. I have several investments and brokers in 3 continents, and I can conveniently afford to put 200 cars on Uber. I can decide to leave my money on foreign soil, but when I visit Nigeria I feel so ashamed of the poverty level and want to contribute my own quota into nation building, but I am not going to do that if the terrain doesn’t protect my hard earned capital of 18yrs.

Now the question is am I losing anything by staking my capital abroad....absolutely NO. One of my British brokers knows the Nigerian terrain so much that I marvel at his business acumen.

I don’t see how partners have been greedy so far, when I see I will call them out also. But a driver thinking he can rake in major part of the money for himself only doesn’t sit down well with me.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
olaboy1:

How is that even possible. Will the partner not see from the app how long the car has logged into Uber in the last 24hrs, will the partner not see the total daily earning and hours online. Except the second driver doesn’t use Uber or taxify app to work.

If drivers can still cheat then what’s the whole point of the Uber app. Partner already knows the average mileage covered weekly is around 1000km, will he not complain if he sees 2000km.

All driver’s earnings are captured on the app and the partner has access to it also, how then can the driver cheat. Anyway it’s only naive investors that will be cheated. Once I notice any magomago I collect my key.

The same problem why people don’t like to invest in transport business because of greedy drivers seem to be replicated on Uber also.
no be every body know bout app,no be every body understand uber,some give out cars cos someone told em uber is paying..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
BayoManuels01:
Had to close before schedule for the day as i no see fuel buy for evening... Not really a bad week for me tho
do u run taxify alone.. Cos I just surpassed 80k this past week.. Wish to learn more

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
olaboy1:

Who says I see myself better and above anyone. I am the most humble person you would ever come across, if you go back the pages, there was a time I solicited for low working hours for drivers (8-10hrs max), but many people countered it citing the poor economic conditions in Nigeria cannot be compared with the west.

I look out for both drivers and partners. Drivers should earn decent income and partners should be able to break even on the invested capital.
Drivers are at risk on the job, so are partners. Some partners do 2-3 jobs abroad just to raise the capital for the business and rather than been grateful many drivers sound rather harsh and ungrateful.

How many jobs has Nigeria government created for you?

I say it again be grateful that investors are putting their money in the business to gainfully employ Nigerians.

Ok let me come out clean so you have an idea. I have several investments and brokers in 3 continents, and I can conveniently afford to put 200 cars on Uber. I can decide to leave my money on foreign soil, but when I visit Nigeria I feel so ashamed of the poverty level and want to contribute my own quota into nation building, but I am not going to do that if the terrain doesn’t protect my hard earned capital of 18yrs.

Now the question is am I losing anything by staking my capital abroad....absolutely NO. One of my British brokers knows the Nigerian terrain so much that I marvel at his business acumen.

I don’t see how partners have been greedy so far, when I see I will call them out also. But a driver thinking he can rake in major part of the money for himself only doesn’t sit down well with me.

Most rentals is not a profit sharing model, so if driver likes, he can work for 24 hrs as long as he delivers his pre-agreed weekly rentals, the partner cannot do anything, even if the driver makes 300k in a week, partner still collects pre-agreed amount Even if the partner can see what the driver makes, it's of no relevance.
So that's not cheating.
It's a fixed income model., except partner now what's to opt for profit sharing

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Please who has an idea of the cost price of original windscreen for a 2009 Honda city?

cc Gazzuzz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 2:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
vulpeslopez:
my brain is okay, u just want to eat ur cake and have it, just get a private driver for madam and end the story..... U don't need to burden a driver to come and do suffer head...... U claim to know the business but u Dont really know jack cos if u do, then u will know drivers dont have a planned schedule..... So if ur driver see a trip to agbara by 3pm, he will have to turn it down becos there is no way he will go to agbara and come back to ilupeju...... Ur sense has turn to akamu
This guy ehh. You too funny I swear and on the other hand u have a very good point.. Drivers don't have a planned schedule.... Trips can take u to where u never expected...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
bily:

Most rentals is not a profit sharing model, so if driver likes, he can work for 24 hrs as long as he delivers his pre-agreed weekly rentals, the partner cannot do anything, even if the driver makes 300k in a week, partner still collects pre-agreed amount Even if the partner can see what the driver makes, it's of no relevance.
So that's not cheating.
It's a fixed income model., except partner now what's to opt for profit sharing

In the west everything is based on percentages. Even your house rent should not be more than 30% of your monthly take home after tax.
I can’t give out my cars base on drivers model for my business. Profit sharing is 70/30, the more you work the more you earn, the less you work the less you earn. If we were to follow your model, then partners could also say I will pay you 100k monthly and it doesn’t matter if you make 1m monthly. Does that sound well to you?

Job contracts here even states working hours T&C in percentages.

It doesn’t make any sense for drivers to run down partners cars while chasing his personal goal only to dump the car and leave the partner with a devalued asset yet to break even.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
olaboy1:

In the west everything is based on percentages. Even your house rent should not be more than 30% of your monthly take home after tax.
I can’t give out my cars base on drivers model for my business. Profit sharing is 70/30, the more you work the more you earn, the less you work the less you earn. If we were to follow your model, then partners could also say I will pay you 100k monthly and it doesn’t matter if you make 1m monthly. Does that sound well to you?

Job contracts here even states working hours T&C in percentages.

It doesn’t make any sense for drivers to run down partners cars while chasing his personal goal only to dump the car and leave the partner with a devalued asset yet to break even.

It is what it is.

That is why every body has the right to change the narrative ;peasf it's profit sharing model you want, it's good too if there's mutual agreement.

In business and contacts, there's really nothing like cheating as long as there's a contract in place.

Even if you want to be paying driver fixed 100k monthly, i don't see it as cheating as long as both parties agree to the terms.

So partners agreeing to 35k weekly rentals should not be crying if drivers are making 150k weekly. If you no like am, change the narrative grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seanaddy(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
Yes, I am planning to drive it myself but I won't want to be spending all my money on fuel too. Thank you so much for the advice

justifiedcoyy:
according to reports, for uber, don't try EOD as it consumes more fuel.

maybe u can try it if u want to drive it yourself sha.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seanaddy(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Thanks Romeo. I could remember u were using Honda Accord last year.
Please, what was your experience??

Romeo3:
None.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seanaddy(m): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for the advice boss.
Please, may I know you??

timifakay:

I'm answering cos I know you in person. Please don't buy any Accord, get a 1.8l or lesser engine car. Honda City or Kia Rio or Toyota Corolla at most.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
olaboy1:

How many jobs has Nigeria government created for you?

i do 35k weekly, 30k for myself. But occasionally when i need extra, i sacrifice my comfort and get between 40-50k for myself. I don't joke with my sleep, anyhow. I dont understand the idea of who earns more or who erans less. The 35k rental is the only constant thing for me, provided the car is ok.
And yes, i have gone home with 15k before, one funny week like that..
Make una easy o, jeje!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
jpworld:

Business adviser one of Uber village.

Nigga forming gangster for keyboard, meet me in real life and call me dumb, make ogun fire u.

Anupama.
forming gangster for rat like u.... Burster move..... U can't even stand me in ur dreams ,not to talk of real life........dumbass like u, who just come here and run ur stupid mouth, just cos u buy 10mb....... U r a dumb motherfucker..... I drove @carshopper car for 3months..... He is here, ask him who I am......I am sure u r used to dealing with illiterates..... So guess what? Just pass and look for ur type......pride comes before a fall...who r u??.. I triple dare u.... Who r u?? If I see u in real life, I won't marvel I will step on u.....fool

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ifeanyimark:
I agree.... But most drivers have misplaced priorities sha...... Some people haven't asked themselves why they are hustling 5am to 10pm... Monday to Friday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
bily:

It is what it is.

That is why every body has the right to change the narrative ;peasf it's profit sharing model you want, it's good too if there's mutual agreement.

In business and contacts, there's really nothing like cheating as long as there's a contract in place.

Even if you want to be paying driver fixed 100k monthly, i don't see it as cheating as long as both parties agree to the terms.

So partners agreeing to 35k weekly rentals should not be crying if drivers are making 150k weekly. If you no like am, change the narrative grin
Well said
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emekayoung:

Guy u get mouth die. You just said everything on my mind. Its like u are a lekki guy man. May u live longer than Methuselah...
amen o.... I live in badore ajah..... And I am always sure of getting a trip out to lekki/Vi every morning..... So I don't play with my 5am wake up time....most times I work till 12pm, go home to sleep and match tv, and do my second half by 5pm till 11pm......

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
vulpeslopez:
forming gangster for rat like u.... Burster move..... U can't even stand me in ur dreams ,not to talk of real life........dumbass like u, who just come here and run ur stupid mouth, just cos u buy 10mb....... U r a dumb motherfucker..... I drove @carshopper car for 3months..... He is here, ask him who I am......I am sure u r used to dealing with illiterates..... So guess what? Just pass and look for ur type......pride comes before a fall...who r u??.. I triple dare u.... Who r u?? If I see u in real life, I won't marvel I will step on u.....fool

Lol,

robocop in the making.

Don't worry pm wen u out of job, I have a special fee 4 u.

Right now face ur driving, if u still have car to drive.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
bily:
Please who has an idea of the cost price of original windscreen for a 2009 Honda city?

cc Gazzuzz

Plus install 20k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ifeanyimark:
any driver who doesn't hit 100k week in, week out.... Is a learner and lazy. 100k is the least I do weekly before one man decided to change the narratives and I got angry and doubled my hustle to the promise land
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
jpworld:

Lol,

robocop in the making.

Don't worry pm wen u out of job, I have a special fee 4 u.

Right now face ur driving, if u still have car to drive.
see how retarded ur brain is....i don't know u but u r too loud to be somebody important.... Just becos uber reduced their requirements and u manage put one pencil light for road nobody go hear word again... some of us would have stay in our office jobs and be collecting salaries of 72k and pretend to look important like u and be OK stylishly.... But some people were never meant to be okay, they are meant to be great..... And thanks for the free money but Help ur family first.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
vulpeslopez:
any driver who doesn't hit 100k week in, week out.... Is a learner and lazy. 100k is the least I do weekly before one man decided to change the narratives and I got angry and doubled my hustle to the promise land

U be mumu... with that ur front teeth wey Don comot grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by imole000: 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
I'm interested please. whatsapp 08024740194

dayosaurus:
Is this offer still available?

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.