Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757551 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
nitigriti:
3) Most times, all you need is your common sense. Example, I had a trip request. Pick up point was Anifowoshe area just off Computer Village. On getting there, the person that requested me asked me to park, that himself and his friends are going to Agege. So I parked, and looked behind through my rear view mirror. I saw four guys, drunk and smoking hemp. They were wearing black on black, with red berets. They were carrying black bags ... I drove off and cancelled the ride. Better to err on the side of caution
I feel for these driver partners, in a case where it is offline trip that has no record with uber/taxify. How do u secure yourself?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
dczieta:
Please i need a driver for an offline trip tomorrow 9am (March 20) from Opebi to Iyana Oba.

Please call 08144860119 if you're interested.

Thank you
March 20th is today, na people like you Dey carry knife. Joking grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
Don't do offline with strangers at night

brogxy:

I feel for these driver partners, in a case where it is offline trip that has no record with uber/taxify. How do u secure yourself?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by carixma: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
MissKerebete:
Another Taxify driver killed at Lekki Epe Expressway. Drivers partners should be very vigilant and at alert at night. Know when to cancel trip request that might seemed dangerous and suspicious.
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/03/20/photos-robbers-kill-taxify-driver-his-car-sold-for-n350000/
Now d Taxify driver has been murdered, is any form of compensation to d family of driver from Taxify or d car owner?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daguru(m): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
entparrot:

So how much should he value tokunbo 2004 camry?

The reason it might be available, is the 250k upfront payment. Most drivers don't have money.

My dear don't mind them jare.

Car cost me 1.6m. Spent 40k on registration, about 60k on comprehensive insurance, 30k on car tracker changed brake pads and oil change for another 15k

Total spent so far is 1.750k. 80% return on an approximately 2 year investment brings it to about 3.2m

Tell me how my offer is not a fair deal.

Unfortunately most drivers don't have upfront but some do. I'll definitely find the right person in a couple of weeks just like I did for the first 2 cars before this one.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dczieta: 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
ifyeez:
March 20th is today, na people like you Dey carry knife. Joking grin grin grin

Lol sorry my mistake i meant 21st. Thanks for the correction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
shams040:
This killing da fear me to enter d business
grin grin one tin must kill a man..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
bily:

Please what's taxify current fare rates. I mean base, per minute and per km
300/65/9
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
daguru:

Car cost me 1.6m. Spent 40k on registration, about 60k on comprehensive insurance, 30k on car tracker changed brake pads and oil change for another 15k

Total spent so far is 1.750k. 80% return on an approximately 2 year investment brings it to about 3.2m

Unfortunately most drivers don't have upfront but some do. I'll definitely find the right person in a couple of weeks just like I did for the first 2 cars before this one.

I think your price is fair, those ones crying price too much, don't have a penny to pay as upfront, don't be surprise they are one of the driver's that might have called u, pleading u give then the car without upfront deposit.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
daguru:

wrong tool for the job

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IWealthCreator: 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

Tomorrow, taxify will tell me not to ask destination. May Godwin's soul rest in peace

How does asking destination solve the problem... the killers can easily give a false destination or change their destination upon entering your vehicle.
Taxify and uber should subject riders to the same measure of checks drivers/partners are subjected to.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
IWealthCreator:

How does asking destination solve the problem... the killers can easily give a false destination or change their destination upon entering your vehicle.
Taxify and uber should subject riders to the same measure of checks drivers/partners are subjected to.
You’re right my brother, you can imagine a rider can see ur face when they make a request, while the driver can’t see there face until they get to them. Riders should make a proper registration like driver/partners
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
IWealthCreator:

You’re right my brother, you can imagine a rider can see ur face when they make a request, while the driver can’t see there face until they get to them. Riders should make a proper registration like driver/partners
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
ifyeez:
exactly... Same measures

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2018
Someone is still owing me 120k as at today.

omonla10:
most of them are yahoo Boyz.. I had to leave my 3k with them after 3 weeks constantly calling them.. Always waiting for alert.. Person wey get mind to scam white man millions, how e go ever think of karma..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
entparrot:

I think your price is fair, those ones crying price too much, don't have a penny to pay as upfront, don't be surprise they are one of the driver's that might have called u, pleading u give then the car without upfront deposit.

I still believe 3.2M is high. Also considering that a Camry is not one of the most ideal cars for the job.

By d way, I don't drive and I did not call him...

But ultimately it's a free market, everyone is free to quote a price. Demand and supply will take care of the rest.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 3:14am On Mar 21, 2018
mrsage:

I still believe 3.2M is high. Also considering that a Camry is not one of the most ideal cars for the job.

By d way, I don't drive and I did not call him...

But ultimately it's a free market, everyone is free to quote a price. Demand and supply will take care of the rest.

I have seen a lot of drivers using camry and pay their rent comfortably.

From what you have just said, it's not because the price is not good, but not the best car for Uber, so therefore price must reduce.

I have seen people take corolla same year for 4M, 3.8M.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daguru(m): 6:35am On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

wrong tool for the job

I agree with you bros. Next set of cars would be corollas. Challenge is getting people with good upfront deposit to take them on HP cuz I don't have the time to manage a rental fleet of cars. Also don't want fleet manager wahala.

Moreover a very good corolla is around 2m. Am really wondering if I'll get people willing to take them for between 3.6 and 3.8m HP with at least 350k upfront at 40k per week.

I'll soon give it a try though with 2 units for starters
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daguru(m): 6:49am On Mar 21, 2018
entparrot:

A lot of people (at least 10) called with different stories that touch as to why they didn't have an upfront payment for the 2 Camrys I bought 4 weeks ago. Almost gave one to the guy thay posted here with plenty plenty grammar looking for HP without upfront. Decision to turn him down was because he didn't any on the job experience. Would have given one of them to him if he had actual experience driving on any of the platforms.

Right now both Camrys are gone. Took me two weeks to find the right people with upfront deposit and 1 week to close the deal with them. Both cars are now working on the platform.

I have now bought another Camry and am sure I'll find the right person before the end of March.

I wouldn't even be advertising the cars of I was willing to give them out on HP without upfront cuz there is a lot of people looking for that type of deal.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:01am On Mar 21, 2018
It's about to go down .... grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harbewilliams(m): 7:02am On Mar 21, 2018
Do you think your car qualifies for uber, taxify, oga taxi.
You need more information on how to go about it

We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manager their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services, your investment is our priority.

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 (call or whatsapp)
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04am On Mar 21, 2018
hire purchase is a very good way of owning your own vehicle.

With consistent earnings and very few car faults, a focused driver can easily achieve this.

Problems with hire purchase.

1. Loss of focus. When the driver becomes lazy and is only driving to earn his hire-purchase fees for the week (forgetting to put aside some money for maintenance and repairs)

2. vehicle break down. Major repairs (engine/transmission/suspension) could take a toll on the drivers ability to meet up with his H.P payments.
major repairs could result from negligence from driver (longer oil change intervals, ignoring sounds from vehicle, avoiding preventive maintenence proceedures.

3. major accidents without comprehensive insurance (this one explains it's self)

4. Health challenges.

5. A change in E-hailing policies overnight (40per slash by uber)

6.Village people.

As a provider of HP try and add clauses to help your driver achieve his goals.

As a driver with intent to take a HP deal, put all these factors into consideration before you sign the dotted lines. Also visit MFM.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:06am On Mar 21, 2018
daguru:

I agree with you bros. Next set of cars would be corollas. Challenge is getting people with good upfront deposit to take them on HP cuz I don't have the time to manage a rental fleet of cars. Also don't want fleet manager wahala.

Moreover a very good corolla is around 2m. Am really wondering if I'll get people willing to take them for between 3.6 and 3.8m HP with at least 350k upfront at 40k per week.

I'll soon give it a try though with 2 units for starters

You have a lot of money out there, the Lord is your strength.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 7:23am On Mar 21, 2018
LMAO @ no. 6 grin

Village people and MFM

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kunletoks(m): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
hire purchase is a very good way of owning your own vehicle.

With consistent earnings and very few car faults, a focused driver can easily achieve this.

Problems with hire purchase.

1. Loss of focus. When the driver becomes lazy and is only driving to earn his hire-purchase fees for the week (forgetting to put aside some money for maintenance and repairs)

2. vehicle break down. Major repairs (engine/transmission/suspension) could take a toll on the drivers ability to meet up with his H.P payments.
major repairs could result from negligence from driver (longer oil change intervals, ignoring sounds from vehicle, avoiding preventive maintenence proceedures.

3. major accidents without comprehensive insurance (this one explains it's self)

4. Health challenges.

5. A change in E-hailing policies overnight (40per slash by uber)

6.Village people.

As a provider of HP try and add clauses to help your driver achieve his goals.

As a driver with intent to take a HP deal, put all these factors into consideration before you sign the dotted lines. Also visit MFM.

Number 6. lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lovedayugo(m): 9:04am On Mar 21, 2018
I need urgent and fast reply, on Uber site dey said they now accept cars from year 2000 till date, does that mean i can use my Totoya Camry 2001 evelop light for uber ? Please advice needed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 21, 2018
lovedayugo:
I need urgent and fast reply, on Uber site dey said they now accept cars from year 2000 till date, does that mean i can use my Totoya Camry 2001 evelop light for uber ? Please advice needed
Yes you can, but it is the riders that will chase you out of uber

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2018
daguru:

A lot of people (at least 10) called with different stories that touch as to why they didn't have an upfront payment for the 2 Camrys I bought 4 weeks ago. Almost gave one to the guy thay posted here with plenty plenty grammar looking for HP without upfront. Decision to turn him down was because he didn't any on the job experience. Would have given one of them to him if he had actual experience driving on any of the platforms.

Right now both Camrys are gone. Took me two weeks to find the right people with upfront deposit and 1 week to close the deal with them. Both cars are now working on the platform.

I have now bought another Camry and am sure I'll find the right person before the end of March.

I wouldn't even be advertising the cars of I was willing to give them out on HP without upfront cuz there is a lot of people looking for that type of deal.

Hello do you mind sending me a copy of your HP agreement. I'm considering letting out a corolla on HP. Email address is bizzeze@gmail.com. I'll be most grateful. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 9:18am On Mar 21, 2018
brogxy:

Yes you can, but it is the riders that will chase you out of uber
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2018
lovedayugo:

If na Uber site u see am then dats all..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2018
cross8701:

Hello do you mind sending me a copy of your HP agreement. I'm considering letting out a corolla on HP. Email address is bizzeze@gmail.com. I'll be most grateful. Thanks

We don't believe you... you need more people

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m), Betnomore, sunnymighty(m), Itsrm(m), pope191, IFSHR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.