Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,007 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4754954 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2017
LagosUberDriver:
just in case u need a driver I am available to drive for u
I want to drive it myself and if I see someone who needs a driver, will inform you. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 9:20am On Jun 01, 2017
Pls, I own a LEXUS RX330 and I want to drive it myself, pls @romeo or anyone to drop his contact for further information. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
a close uber driver friend of mine is about to try his hands on taxify. i am waiting for him to drive for a week and i calculate his average naira made per hr since no one on this thread has balls enough to show me..

i dont believe in too much english. show me the money made.
good morning brother, pls I want to ask how much do u think is an idea price for hp for a 2010 Toyota camry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ugbengasin34: 9:35am On Jun 01, 2017
Ok Guys, these guys have come up with a new one. No need to ask Peckham or Woolwich for exchange rate. MalooFx now captures the average daily rate at Peckham and Woolwich.

http://www.maloofx.com/rate/london-forex-rates

They also went 1 step further by calculating the exact money you get after yo pay the commission of these money changers at Peckham. Nice one Maloofx

Also a brand new look great for the phone with Canada rates still represented.

http://www.maloofx.com/rate/black-market-forex-rates

The only question I have is could they link me up with where they change the Canadian dollars, my uncle needs to change some Canadian dollars
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2017
ihimiray:
good morning brother, pls I want to ask how much do u think is an idea price for hp for a 2010 Toyota camry
depends on how much the car was bought and if it has been previously used in nigeria and for how long.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
depends on how much the car was bought and if it has been previously used in nigeria and for how long.
they man is asking for 4m,it has bun used but for just two. Onth
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2017
@Romeo, pls send me a whatsapp message on 08022840601. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2017
ihimiray:
it is worth it.

how much is he asking you to pay weekly?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 11:14am On Jun 01, 2017
ihimiray:

Shake him down to 3.5max if you're sure they've not used it up to 6months. Since its hire purchase he needsaid not to lose on his initial investment

Autocorrect cold be a piss sometimes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 11:18am On Jun 01, 2017

jayooh:

Shake him down to 3.5max if you're sure they've not used it up to 6months. Since its hire purchase he needsaid no to lose on his initial investment
please can u explain ur last sentence
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
it is worth it.

how much is he asking you to pay weekly?
he is asking for 40k per week
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:57am On Jun 01, 2017
ihimiray:
he is asking for 40k per week
its very fair

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
its very fair
thanks boss....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
ihimiray:
thanks boss....
just have the willingness and the right mental attitude to make it work.

40k a week is less than 6k daily.

if you are online for a minimum of 12 hrs daily you should be able to pay it off
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
Guys, how do you deal with LASTMA and Police. It seems I am going to break one of them's legs soon. I WANT TO KNOW, WHAT'S THE WORST THEY DO. pls share your experiences. Btw yesterday evening and today, I have lost N4K to them all because I am new to Lagos
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
toyclicks:
Guys, how do you deal with LASTMA and Police. It seems I am going to break one of them's legs soon. I WANT TO KNOW, WHAT'S THE WORST THEY DO. pls share your experiences. Btw yesterday evening and today, I have lost N4K to them all because I am new to Lagos
unless it's a police patrol team that double crosses you, or police men on bike that stops you or lastma men in patrol van or car, pay less attention to the others.

if any of them jumps in frontbof my vehicle and asks me to open the door i never do so. if they ask me to park well, no way. i engage them in an argument until traffic builds behind me and they have no choice than tell me to go
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
Why would police stop you. I have never being stopped.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
unless it's a police patrol team that double crosses you, or police men on bike that stops you or lastma men in patrol van or car, pay less attention to the others.

if any of them jumps in frontbof my vehicle and asks me to open the door i never do so. if they ask me to park well, no way. i engage them in an argument until traffic builds behind me and they have no choice than tell me to go

Hmmmm!!! Thanks. I know I just paid for "Omo go" as per I just entered town. That would be the last
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 2:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
toyclicks:

Hmmmm!!! Thanks. I know I just paid for "Omo go" as per I just entered town. That would be the last

Why did they stop you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josmila(m): 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
just have the willingness and the right mental attitude to make it work.

40k a week is less than 6k daily.

if you are online for a minimum of 12 hrs daily you should be able to pay it off

Chief, I sent a mail two weeks but yet to get a reply. I guess it's cos of your busy schedules. What's the best deal for a '04 corolla on HP please.He hasn't given me a price yet, but I need to be prepared for it, he's about to bring it in from the US.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
jarkbauer:

Why did they stop you.

Lol! First time, I passed wrong way, second time, which was just cos of my too much gentlemanliness, at a T-junction, the light passed me, and I turned behind them instead of in front of them. I realized that and reversed. That's when they played on my weakness
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
Josmila:

Chief, I sent a mail two weeks but yet to get a reply. I guess it's cos of your busy schedules. What's the best deal for a '04 corolla on HP please.He hasn't given me a price yet, but I need to be prepared for it, he's about to bring it in from the US.
sorry about that.

most of the mails i replied were returned as errors.

i dont think an 04 corrola should go for more than 3m on HP
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josmila(m): 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
sorry about that.

most of the mails i replied were returned as errors.

i dont think an 04 corrola should go for more than 3m on HP

Ok man. Thanks a lot. Will keep you posted. Meanwhile, mine is a gmail account, so I'm wondering how it returned as error.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kaybee29(f): 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello good evening. Please am thinking of putting a corolla 06 into uber on hire purchase terms. How much do you think is fair to give out this car on hire purchase and how much is fair to be paid weekly for this. Thank you so much for your anticipated response

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kaybee29(f): 4:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello please I need more clarification on this. By renting you mean the person pays me daily or still weekly? Please kindly explain better to me how the rental pay as you go works for uber
jpworld:
Why is Uber no more updating their newsletter, (Lagos Partner weekender)

Is it because the weekly highest earner has dropped drastically?
I have couple of 2005, 2006, Tokunbo Toyota Corolla registered with Uber, but I can only accept Pay as you go.
Weekly rental (6days) = 50k bottom line.

Daily Rental = 9K bottom line.

Based on my experience in transport business, its advisable to do Pay as you go, every driver should be able to invest little amount of money to make money.

You don’t need any lazy fleet manager to manager your car, just do pay as you go and add other strict conditions and success will be your portion.

In other develop countries, what they do is pay as you go, but here we do pay after usage. which gives room for fraud and manipulation.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
jpworld:
I have a friend, his target is to earn his money through cancellation, he get to Rider destination location, he wont bother call the rider, he only allow the app to notify the rider, because he knows he wont make up to 1k taking the rider to his destination, he choose the option of waiting the rider a little, so he can cancel, if the trip is worth more than the cancellation, he wont choose to cancel, he might even wait more, so he can make his money.

Uber is doing what they think is best for Uber, so I advise partners to do what is best for them.

For those of you who protested and shut down Uber app because the price is ridiculous and Uber choose to ignore you,

You dont need to shut down, you play Uber to their own game, frustrate them within their terms, Like Rider no show is one of the best option.

Rider no show will frustrate a lot of Riders, when they are frustrated to seek alternative.

Uber love to play dirty, Partners should also play dirty.

Finally, if your Rider ask you to take them to Ikorodu, you dont need to go, just cancel the ride.

How will your friend know the location unless he meets the rider?

I think uber should be designed such that the driver is notified of potential rider destination immediately he sees the request, so he can decide whether its a safe zone for him to enter or not. This is Lagos not the western world. Roads can be unmotorable, flooded, gridlocked with traffic, etc

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
kaybee29:
Hello good evening. Please am thinking of putting a corolla 06 into uber on hire purchase terms. How much do you think is fair to give out this car on hire purchase and how much is fair to be paid weekly for this. Thank you so much for your anticipated response
3.5 millon @ 45k weekly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Freaknasty: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
ihimiray:

Such an expensive car for Uber.....

The lord is your strength. Wish you luck
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
The reasons people attack Romeo3 is his line of reasoning. He comes here defending Uber as if they make the best of decisions for their partners.
It's appalling that anyone can defend Uber.
No matter how low Uber bring its prices people will always make money but making money isn't the issue here but is it worth your effort?
Uber made people to buy almost new cars only to change all the requirements
When pump price was increased Uber refused to increase the fares.
Imagine Lagos and Abuja(with negligible traffic) have the same rates now. Why?
Now people are buying 2003 corolla for Uber tmrw Uber will wake up and say it accept only 2010.

Soon they may fully deregulate and petrol sells for 250 Uber will not increase their fares.

I can never defend nor praise Uber even if I make a living from them because I understand their gimmicks.

Some of Us try to resist their evil ways but people like Romeo3 think we are stupid and lazy. I am happy for you atleast you have some cash to meet your immediate needs.

But think twice before you praise Uber. Soon you will understand. Because it will hit hard

I welcome all your missiles. Just don't send Nuclear warheads

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Etfash(m): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
OlugbengaE:
The reasons people attack Romeo3 is his line of reasoning. He comes here defending Uber as if they make the best of decisions for their partners.
It's appalling that anyone can defend Uber.
No matter how low Uber bring its prices people will always make money but making money isn't the issue here but is it worth your effort?
Uber made people to buy almost new cars only to change all the requirements
When pump price was increased Uber refused to increase the fares.
Imagine Lagos and Abuja(with negligible traffic) have the same rates now. Why?
Now people are buying 2003 corolla for Uber tmrw Uber will wake up and say it accept only 2010.

Soon they may fully deregulate and petrol sells for 250 Uber will not increase their fares.

I can never defend nor praise Uber even if I make a living from them because I understand their gimmicks.

Some of Us try to resist their evil ways but people like Romeo3 think we are stupid and lazy. I am happy for you atleast you have some cash to meet your immediate needs.

But think twice before you praise Uber. Soon you will understand. Because it will hit hard

I welcome all your missiles. Just don't send Nuclear warheads

Truthfully, so many may have planned to either drive on or put a car on Uber. Your comments and those of many will greatly deter those set of people. Romeo3 has been doing exactly the opposite with valid evidence. Now, pointing out the weak and not-so-good aspects is good, as it will help one manage one's expectations; but, you shouldn't shield real knowledge of the other from being made known.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
Etfash:

Truthfully, so many may have planned to either drive on or put a car on Uber. Your comments and those of many will greatly deter those set of people. Romeo3 has been doing exactly the opposite with valid evidence. Now, pointing out the weak and not-so-good aspects is good, as it will help one manage one's expectations; but, you shouldn't shield real knowledge of the other from being made known.

Get it clearly. Uber used to be very profitable but it's not anymore. Let us say before, if you drive for 10 hrs you make 25k now to make 25k you need to drive for 18hrs.

You still make money but.... most people who started when Uber first came have pulled out of Uber.

See a friend of mine needed a nanny. Her budget was 35k she got 4,but all them were saying 45k to 50k they were determined not to take less she had to pay 45k.

Uber reduced fares alot of people were against it. Uber should have found a common ground with their partners but because we had no common voice. Nothing was achieved

If you have cash problems, Uber is for you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LagosUberDriver: 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
ridwanadedapo:
I want to drive it myself and if I see someone who needs a driver, will inform you. Thanks
Thanks bro ,I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donfortune48(m), olusola2bello and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.