Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757261 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by newness12: 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
OlugbengaE:

Get it clearly. Uber used to be very profitable but it's not anymore. Let us say before, if you drive for 10 hrs you make 25k now to make 25k you need to drive for 18hrs.

You still make money but.... most people who started when Uber first came have pulled out of Uber.

See a friend of mine needed a nanny. Her budget was 35k she got 4,but all them were saying 45k to 50k they were determined not to take less she had to pay 45k.

Uber reduced fares alot of people were against it. Uber should have found a common ground with their partners but because we had no common voice. Nothing was achieved

If you have cash problems, Uber is for you.

In many countries Uber operates, once they crash their prices they don't bulge no matter the protest. It happened in many parts of U.S. & Kenya
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
"if you have cash problems uber is for you"
I have never seen a statement more daft.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
newness12:

In many countries Uber operates, once they crash their prices they don't bulge no matter the protest. It happened in many parts of U.S. & Kenya

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Uber-hikes-taxi-fares-in-Kenya/1056-3851776-7sqpalz/

read that

Taxi-hailing app company Uber has increased its fares, giving in to pressure from their drivers and MPs.

The drivers and legislators had said higher fares would be beneficial to its thousands of independent contractors and level the playing field for other players.

In Nairobi, it will now cost Sh42 per kilometre, up from Sh35, and the minimum fare has been increased to Sh300, up from Sh200.

MOMBASA

The base fare remains at Sh100 and the fee for time spent on the road remains Sh3 per kilometre.

In Mombasa, the price per kilometre is also up to Sh42 while the minimum was increased to Sh200 from Sh150. The base fare was increased from Sh50 to Sh70.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/taxi-operators-war-uber-national-assembly/1056-3797146-1467kyo/index.html

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Raise-fares-Uber-told--/1056-3841194-y4vn59/index.html

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Romeo3:
"if you have cash problems uber is for you"

I have never seen a statement more daft.

it is daft to you because you have problems comprehending deep things.
you are more of a "all muscle no brain" kinda guy.
So traversing the whole of Lagos for peanut is big deal to you. Goodluck in your slavery

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kaybee29(f): 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thanks a lot Romeo.....
Romeo3:
3.5 millon @ 45k weekly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
OlugbengaE:

it is daft to you because you have problems comprehending deep things.
you are more of a "all muscle no brain" kinda guy.
So traversing the whole of Lagos for peanut is big deal to you. Goodluck in your slavery
Dont be daft mr man.

i average 150k weekly traversing the whole of lagos. on and off uber... dont be daft.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2017

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
kaybee29:
Thanks a lot Romeo.....
you are welcome
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2017
GidiWoodsMan:

How will your friend know the location unless he meets the rider?

I think uber should be designed such that the driver is notified of potential rider destination immediately he sees the request, so he can decide whether its a safe zone for him to enter or not. This is Lagos not the western world. Roads can be unmotorable, flooded, gridlocked with traffic, etc

It seems you dont get it, in other country drivers know their destination, but here we are treated as zombie, drivers dont know riders destination until they start the trip.

Uber knows there are alot of terrible places in Lagos, and if they let drivers know their destination, there will be too many cancellation.

Uber want you to take many trips, so they get their 25%.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 02, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
jpworld:

It seems you dont get it, in other country drivers know their destination, but here we are treated as zombie, drivers dont know riders destination until they start the trip.

Uber knows there are alot of terrible places in Lagos, and if they let drivers know their destination, there will be too many cancellation.

Uber want you to take many trips, so they get their 25%.

ok now i understand. it's very wrong of uber to treat drivers that way. isnt there some sort of consumer protection body we can report to that will force them to align their operations with global standards?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odutope(m): 10:27am On Jun 02, 2017
Thank God i found this thread
I av been saving most of my salary so i can buy a car and become an uber partner before the end of the year
Bt it seems its no longer profitable with the way they slashed their prices without reducing the commision they take
I doubt if i can even get 30k profit weekly..
And i was really looking forward to this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:02am On Jun 02, 2017
odutope:
I av been saving most of my salary so i can buy a car and become an uber partner before the end of the year
Bt it seems its no longer profitable with the way they slashed their prices without reducing the commision they take
I doubt if i can even get 30k profit weekly

you cant even get 15k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2017
Romeo3:

you cant even get 15k
15k or 150k weekly are you guys serious
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2017
odutope:
I doubt if i can even get 30k profit weekly..

You can make more than that if you work like romeo3 ie accpet all trip and work about 14 hrs every day
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2017
blackylola:
15k or 150k weekly are you guys serious
you are what you think of yourself...

if before you even start you already believe you wont make it then you will never ever make it...

no be curse.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2017
Romeo3:
you are what you think of yourself...

if before you even start you already believe you wont make it then you will never ever make it...

no be curse.
don't discourage d guy bro, how can a family man survive with 15k weekly let be realistic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:23am On Jun 02, 2017
blackylola:
don't discourage d guy bro, how can a family man survive with 15k weekly let be realistic
he is the one discouraging himself by saying he doubts he can make 30k weekly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odutope(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2017
Romeo3:

you cant even get 15k
Thanx for this
Would look for something else to do
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2017
update on my uber friend trying out taxify this week.

he doesnt come across requests so easily. too many drivers than riders on taxify. he still uses uber to augment.

taxify isnt strong enough to stand alone.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:36am On Jun 02, 2017
odutope:
Thanx for this Would look for something else to do
yeah
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2017
the taxify drivers on this thread are refusing to post facts and figures
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odutope(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2017
Romeo3:
he is the one discouraging himself by saying he doubts he can make 30k weekly.
Note that i wnt be the one driving this car
After uber deductions, driver and car maintainance/fuel
Can i make 30k weekly with the current prices Uber offers customers now.
Lets be realistic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odutope(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2017
OlugbengaE:

You can make more than that if you work like romeo3 ie accpet all trip and work about 14 hrs every day
Lol
No be wan drive the car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odutope(m): 11:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Came to seek opinions from experienced partners and drivers.
Before i jump into what i am not sure of
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2017
odutope:

Lets be realistic
depending on the make and year of the car, you can make between 40 and 45k weekly.

just get a good driver and not some negative lazy bum that complains about everything on the face of the earth
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odutope(m): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2017
Romeo3:
depending on the make and year of the car, you can make between 40 and 45k weekly.

just get a good driver and not some negative lazy bum that complains about everything on the face of the earth
Considering getting a kia Cerato 07 (is it a good choice)
And is it UBER that provides driver or i can bring my own person

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waterfas: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
odutope:

Lets be realistic

You cant make 30k weekly profit on uber now. Forget what people are saying now on this post, patiently read thru this post from page 1. Most of the first set of Uber partners are regretting now. It may be profitable for you if you drive your car, otherwise get prepare.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odutope(m): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
waterfas:

You cant make 30k weekly profit on uber now. Forget what people are saying now on this post, patiently read thru this post from page 1. Most of the first set of Uber partners are regretting now. It may be profitable for you if you drive your car, otherwise get prepare.
I have read alot on the page.
So if i dnt drive it myself, i shud be prepared for less than 30k profit weekly
That return no de ok o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
odutope:

Considering getting a kia Cerato 07 (is it a good choice)
And is it UBER that provides driver or i can bring my own person
Kia cerato 07 is good. but it's not the best.

a lot of people talk a lot of nonsense. if uber isnt profitable why are they still on uber?

Mr Odutope. If you do not believe you will be sucessful, pls venture into another line of business. No one goes into a business strongly believing he would fail and then expect a miraculous successful turn around.

if uber and taxify isnt as profitable as these naysayers claim, why havent they stopped driving? why havent they sold their cars?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Novaa: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
Good afternoon, I am a graduate, searching for job for a while now and i stumbled on a post on how to one can drive on Uber platform. I am now certified by Uber to drive on there platform anyone who need a driver should please contact me 07035575974 or via email abayomiadegbami@gmail.com. thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
@romeo3 plz check ur yahoo.com I send you a mail . I left my contact number to add me on whattapp. Let's see if we can do business in regards to Uber. The name is Andrew
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
dru23:
Romeol plz check ur mail I send you mail ... and I left my contact number for u . It's Andrew
my replies dont go through

anyone mailing me should do so directly via romeonl@yahoo. com

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.