Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798960 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
I went for servicing it's due, I used coastal coz it's cheaper and USA, all 5w30 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
Tgiirl:
I will advise you not to raise it. Your driver just need to caution when climbing bumbs

I go see sha ..coz the elantras I have I lift them up ..and they are doing ok sha and shocks seem to last longer.. Thanks for your input
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
joeokoriem:
please what type of phone and network u use
iPhone 6s n LG G6.
I use smile 4G n Glo. Buh am switching the glo to MTN 4G today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
ifyeez:
I went for servicing it's due, I used coastal coz it's cheaper and USA, all 5w30 grin grin
Do they have extended performance 5w20 Mobil1?
Am not sure I can wait till Month end for Dru23 shipment
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
dru23:

Ha stealth101 you still dey here ? How far my brother, I recall when I dey naija few months ago.. We spoke once ,and I try calling calling tire ,u no answer at all .. I had to respect myself and stop calling, make the guy no think say na money I dey call am for. Such is life sha ...oga stealth 101 or 99 we dey sha .

Lol... I dey here dey observe. I prefer to text than talk on phone most times. Do hit me up when you're around again.
How business dey go? Heard your guy bleeped up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
Stake2odds:

Do you have to insult anybody that goes contrary to your opinion? you are such a bitter person and you think you need make life difficult for your drivers before you do business with them, like i said before i have no idea where my driver lives , yes i have it on record but never verified , he has not defaulted one time and the second driver has done 2 months with same result.

take life easy my brother.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
brogxy:

Soft work. Nysc camp to gbagada
Nice one.
Bro, try and remove identifying information before you post if you can.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2018
chillex8:

Yes o due to popular demand, I will be shipping all extended performance.. My first batch of oil was to test the market and the market response was that extended performance was more prefer ... your oil change will be less and it will last longer.. One of my loyal customer on the thread and an uber partner is doing ok so far ..
The first few weeks the extended performance was leaking or shorten .. He now found out that the oil filter was leaking and was not properly tighten... after that he said the oil is doing very oil ... He was one of my loyal friend that convince me to import more oil especially extended performance.. He stated that I should focus on 5w30 and 5w20.. But me I get strong head so also included 0w20 and 0w40..

Nobody has the bloody time to be changing oil every 3k miles. With extended performance and oil filter changes you are good for 15k miles.. Other oil sellers on the forum are also doing the 15k miles oil change challenge.. So far so good ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
chillex8:

I did not see extended tho I wasn't paying attention to that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
ifyeez:

SMH cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
dru23:

grin

U get 1?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
Tgiirl:

My friend got a clean tok corolla 06 for 30k weekly rentals from a non Nairalander today.

Im his guarantor. And the investor did n't ask for any deposit but good relationship.

Not a dead car, bro. Beside na dead cars owner they request deposit first. So that they can fix few things on the car with it.
U dey mind him? He's just making noise up and down here. I wonder if he's the only car owner here. He think everybody will be mean like him

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
Tgiirl:

Issue or no issue,

I met a driver 2weeks ago claiming to earn his money back b4 returning the car. He also claimed that, " after all the deposit is an upfront rental payment.
That's it, he knows there will always be story. So the best thing is work with the car and return it.
That's what most drivers do.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
brogxy:

I warned them ahead that I won't enter flood if it's on our route. Now this is what we are talking about all the way from phase 1

I took a rider to somewhere in Akoka, as we approach her street I noticed one River ahead, I just told her I can't continue the trip.

Rider: how am I supposed to cross this water nah?

Me: Sorry, this is as far as I go.
She just hissed, paid me and left grumbling...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
styveke:

I took a rider to somewhere in Akoka, as we approach her street I noticed one River ahead, I just told her I can't continue the trip.

Rider: how am I supposed to cross this water nah?

Me: Sorry, this is as far as I go.
She just hissed, paid me and left grumbling...
Low rating waiting, they know their road is bad. And they won't even pass the road with their own cars. I used tell them ooo, before someone will start telling me cars are passing there.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
Stealth100:

Lol... I dey here dey observe. I prefer to text than talk on phone most times. Do hit me up when you're around again.
How business dey go? Heard your guy bleeped up.

I gave him a long rope to pull o .. And use I style to collect my car from him till the last drop... I didn't even have to be in the country to do that at all ... he chop my money through repairs talk, driver owing him , work slow etc... he go collect oil change money from driver, he no go change oil ..he go collect 4k naira to buy parts ,nay fake parts he go buy ..he go talk say my own mechanic no sabi work ,carry car go give his own mechanic.. He go talk say delivering money no complete ,coz he go buy parts to fix car without my consent... I just dey look am o .. They guy no knw say I get igbo man blood mix with mafia blood ..
He was even trying to sell one of my cars behind my back ..omo I fit go on and on ...I just dey watch am .. No greed ,women finally caught up with him .. Well at the end I will never be poor as the guy ..yes he chopped my money, but poverty will never follow me as they poverty go dey follow am .. Somethings should be left unsaid on these forum.. Make I keep quiet, those that will learn, will learn.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
dru23:

I gave him a long rope to pull o .. And use I style to collect my car from him till the last drop... I didn't even have to be in the country to do that at all ... he chop my money through repairs talk, driver owing him , work slow etc... he go collect oil change money from driver, he no go change oil ..he go collect 4k naira to buy parts ,nay fake parts he go buy ..he go talk say my own mechanic no sabi work ,carry car go give his own mechanic.. He go talk say delivering money no complete ,coz he go buy parts to fix car without my consent... I just dey look am o .. They guy no knw say I get igbo man blood mix with mafia blood ..
He was even trying to sell one of my cars behind my back ..omo I fit go on and on ...I just dey watch am .. No greed ,women finally caught up with him .. Well at the end I will never be poor as the guy ..yes he chopped my money, but poverty will never follow me as they poverty go dey follow am .. Somethings should be left unsaid on these forum.. Make I keep quiet, those that will learn, will learn.
So they do chop your money after all? I thought you are the master?
Is ask I ask oooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
All these people requesting me when they know their roads are flooded, why don't you guys try gokada?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
ifyeez:

Yes and don't forget two things

1. It is not USA spec Mobil
2. It is not full synethic oil and you have to change the oil every 5k miles.. So by the time you are changing your nxt oil ,extended mobil performance is still on its first leg and you now going for your second with coastal.. Can I get a big clap for the most High cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AllGadgetsNG: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
AllGadgetsNG:
Back and Better. Very Durable Phone Holder with Two High Power Charging Port. (4K Only!!!). 09055927540, 07066697724.

OTHER CAR GADGETS FROM US (TYRE PUMP, CHARGER, RIM DECORATOR, VACUUM CLEANER ETC): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product-category/car-gadgets/

1) In-car holder for iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, HTC and most smartphones

2) Works in all cars, easy to use

3) Adjustable rotation for 360 degrees

4) Adjustable Neck and Mount width from 45 to 106mm, adjust to any size of phones

5) USB car charger (5V,3.1A) Quick speed & high efficiency charging

6) High quality PC+ABS material

7) Non-slip feet, keep your cell phone in holder steadily

cool Input: 12V-24V

9) Output: 5V 3.1A max

10) Over current protection

11) Tightly fitting clamps

12) Flexible Banding Neck Cushioned Expandable Holder Maximum Output: 3A for 1-2 x USB

Instructions:

1) Secure the mount into your car’s cigarette lighter or auxiliary port

2) Insert your phone or device into mount

Push the side clamps together to tighten

Plug the USB Cable into the port and affix the other end into your device

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
mymotong:
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobilize, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 25K (without Online Platform), 30K (with Lifetime access to online platform/app).

Call us on 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

WHY DOES YOUR CAR NEED MYMOTO TRACKER

(1) Security: While anti-theft systems like push-buttons before car start, gear lock, pedal locks etc… are good, ONLY A TRACKING SYSTEM LIKE OURS ALLOWS YOU TO RECOVER (AND ALSO PROTECT) YOUR VEHICLE IF YOUR CAR IS HIJACKED FROM YOU WHILE DRIVING. Our trackers are both anti-theft and recovery in nature. e.g. You should shutdown your car before you sleep at night or park in a public space. Whenever you need to start the car, you enable it also.

(2) Remote Monitoring: GPS Security trackers allows you to monitor your vehicle location remotely from your phone. You are able to view your car’s location in real time (from our IOS/ANDROID APPS).

(3) Vehicle History: Through our online platform (IOS/ANDROID APPS) , you can view where your car had been between DAY X and DAY Y. A plot is shown on a map showing your car’s movement over this period of time.

(4) Remotely Stop Your Car: With our security GPS tracker, you are able to stop your car from ANY PHONE with an sms command. This function can also be carried out through our online platforms.

(5) Geo-Fencing Alarm:If your car goes beyond set a radius (or multi-point), say Lagos, you will be notified by sms.

(6) Other alarms (Over-speed Alarm, Ignition On Alarm, Low Battery Alarm ): Over-speed alarms notifies you via sms when your car goes beyond a particular speed. Ignition on notifies you WHENEVER your car is started. Low Battery Alarm lets you know when your car battery is low.

(7) Daily Mileage report (online platform): Daily mileage report shows you a daily chart (in KM) of your car.

We have heard of one or two expereience of how clients were able to recover their vehicles BECAUSE THEY HAD A TRACKER INSTALLED IN IT. We will be sharing some of them with you based on TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCES.

If you have had personal experiences also, kindly share with us.

WE STILL INSTALL THE MOST AFFORDABLE TRACKERS AROUND STARTING FROM 25K (VARIES WITH CAR MODEL).

CONTACT US ON 09032614208 OR 08060675824. More details on tracker: https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/

WE ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT OFFERS FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO OUR ONLINE PLATFORMS FOR MONITORING/STOPpING YOUR CAR.

YOU'VE SPENT QUITE MUCH TO ACQUIRE YOUR CAR, SECURE IT WITH A TRACKER. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Story 1
During one of our installs, the client shared with us how Mr Ayo (not his real name) borrowed his brothers car, and waylaid in the night somewhere in Lagos. Unknown to the thieves, the car had a tracker in it. That same night they tracked the vehicle to a military baracks (apparenntly the thieves had accomplices with military connections). They went with the police and they were able to recover the car (THE DEMOBILIZE FUNCTION OF THE TRACKER WAS USED TO ENSURE THE CAR DID NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY GOT TO THAT LOCATION)...

Story 2
Mr Bayo was bout entering his car in the night somewhere in Lagos when he was attacked. He immediately used his phone to demobilize the car some minutes after they had zoomed away with the car. The thieves ran away when they discovered the car wasn't strating again. The car was tracked to Ajah. Apparently the thieves ran away in fear with the keys of the car grin

If you have similar stories please share with us...

Call/Whatsapp 08060675824 for details on how to schedule an installation.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
Gentlelife50:

So they do chop your money after all? I thought you are the master?
Is ask I ask oooo

Yes money was chopped o ..but were is he now? Did he do something positive with the money.. If he has been chopping money all these years, how come he is not progressing now ... There are things that I will not disclose on the forum. Lol nope am a bigger man ...not going to disclose information, coz he reads my post on the forum ...never kick a man while is down. And he has been down for a long time.. cool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
Tgiirl:
grin

U get 1?

Bring your sister, wife, mother and girlfriends for confirmation
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

show me 1.

I seriously hate it when someone is just trying to force his opinion on others for just no particular reason. How many drivers have money to pay for deposit. A driver that has been looking for car for the past 2 months,where do you want him to get security deposit from.

I still know of a driver that collected a 2011 corolla from this same forum', no deposit, 3 months now and no issues. And So many cases like that. There are even partners that will give driver 5k, Oya take and buy anything you need to start the work. This thing is luck. As partner is praying to get good driver,so also is driver hoping to get a good and considerate partner.

Nobody said you shouldn't collect your security deposit, just stop trying to force it down other partners throat, haba! This is pure wickedness. You don't want your fellow man to work and cater for his family because he doesn't have money for deposit. That's very bad, selfish and quite disheartening.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
ifyeez:

That’s palm oil bro. Pls Don’t try it next time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
lexylexy:

I seriously hate it when someone is just trying to force his opinion on others for just no particular reason. How many drivers have money to pay for deposit. A driver that has been looking for car for the past 2 months,where do you want him to get security deposit from.

I still know of a driver that collected a 2011 corolla from this same forum', no deposit, 3 months now and no issues. And So many cases like that. There are even partners that will give driver 5k, Oya take and buy anything you need to start the work. This thing is luck. As partner is praying to get good driver,so also is driver hoping to get a good and considerate partner.

Nobody said you shouldn't collect your security deposit, just stop trying to force it down other partners throat, haba! This is pure wickedness. You don't want your fellow man to work and cater for his family because he doesn't have money for deposit. That's very bad, selfish and quite disheartening.

Who set the precedent of default? Drivers or owners? No one was talking about deposit until drivers started defaulting.

If I mention the numbers of drivers on this platform that owe me, tables will shake.

For the record they are over 12 of you cumulative of over 500,000.

So when I talk I don't talk out of ignorance.

The last one that defaulted was allowed to draft the agreement him self on a car He had previously used. I signed and gave him car and asked him to pay monthly.

30days latter came with zero naira and stories.

The Game has evolved, get with the programme.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Low rating waiting, they know their road is bad. And they won't even pass the road with their own cars. I used tell them ooo, before someone will start telling me cars are passing there.
who dey fear low rating? Lol.
If i get one 1star for that pool of water i no go even feel am

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Honestly I don't see how collecting deposit makes one a smart investor, it's kinda unfair asking a driver who probably have been idle for some time pay for deposit.
It's only on nairaland you will see people asking for that, and they also insist on the 35k weekly remittance. But people out there get cars 30k and even below, just saying my mind sha.

My brother you've said it all. It's only in this forum you here of security deposit. And it's the likes of gazzuzz and Carshopper that started this rubbish.

I still met one driver on adeola odeku, he's driving a 2012 corolla clean. Ask me how much he's paying for rental. 32k, no security deposit, infact the guy didn't even understand what I meant by security deposit.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
Last night I took this yeye girl from Ifako Ijaiye to Jakande estate, she kept complaining that I was drive too slow despite the condition of the road and that I was doing it intentionally to boost the fare. I just ignored her.

As we got to where I was to make a U-turn to enter Jakande, a vehicle hit me from behind tossing us to the other lane, when I got out of the car, the Mofo has zoomed off. I asked the girls if she was alright and she answered me with " Just drive me to my destination, I don't need Ur sympathy"
Me: like I have it to give U sef

On getting to her house, the fare was 2600, she said she's gonna pay me 2k for wasting her time...
I told her I won't take 2k so she should pay me so I can leave. She start mouthing off jaggons and paid me which was my immediate concern.

This afternoon, a lady from Taxify called me to ask about what happened between me and the rider so I narrated my own side of the story only for her to say that the girl was injured in the accident which was a paper thin lie. I told the lady to get me proof and I'll pay for her treatment which I know won't happen.

Lass lass, she said I should be more careful with riders.

Things we see in this biznez eh...

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stake2odds: 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
Please notify me as soon as they arrive. Tnx
dru23:

Yes o due to popular demand, I will be shipping all extended performance.. My first batch of oil was to test the market and the market response was that extended performance was more prefer ... your oil change will be less and it will last longer.. One of my loyal customer on the thread and an uber partner is doing ok so far ..
The first few weeks the extended performance was leaking or shorten .. He now found out that the oil filter was leaking and was not properly tighten... after that he said the oil is doing very oil ... He was one of my loyal friend that convince me to import more oil especially extended performance.. He stated that I should focus on 5w30 and 5w20.. But me I get strong head so also included 0w20 and 0w40..

Nobody has the bloody time to be changing oil every 3k miles. With extended performance and oil filter changes you are good for 15k miles.. Other oil sellers on the forum are also doing the 15k miles oil change challenge.. So far so good ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
dru23:

Yes and don't forget two things

1. It is not USA spec Mobil
2. It is not full synethic oil and you have to change the oil every 5k miles.. So by the time you are changing your nxt oil ,extended mobil performance is still on its first leg and you now going for your second with coastal.. Can I get a big clap for the most High cool
After telling me thunder will fire me, because I said somebody gave out his car without collecting deposit, now you're quoting my post that doesn't relate to you, i ignore you coz you feel u own n knw it all, upon that somebody ate ur money, you the smart ass.
So if the oil am using ain't Mobil then it's not USA spec.
Just like saying only apple makes the best nd original phone.
Anyway it's a matter of choice, before this oil change I bought the Nigerian made Mobil. 1 and my engine did not explode after 5k miles.
Now I have decided to use Coastal coz it's cheaper and USA product. My choice deal with it.
Quote me again and die. tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
Stake2odds:
Please notify me as soon as they arrive. Tnx

Yes bro .. I will and I reply your post last week when u asked about the oil ... am not sure if you got it

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gentlelife50(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.