Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

Grammatical Blunder On BBC - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Blunder On BBC (888 Views)

BBC Staff Caught Watching A Sex Scene During Live News Broadcast - See Video / Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion / Jenifa's Diary: Give Us One Shege or Jenifa's Grammatical Blunder (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammatical Blunder On BBC by naijainfogalery: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
We are always quick to judge our local stations when they make mistakes, check this out. I am still trying to figure out what they are trying to communicate - "Syria is Advances"

Click here for More

cc lalasticlala
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by dustydee: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
naijainfogalery:
We are always quick to judge our local stations when they make mistakes, check this out. I am still trying to figure out what they are trying to communicate - "Syria is Advances"

cc lalasticlala
I think you should be more concerned about your comprehension of English.

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mistake of life!
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by ernesty20(m): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nobody is above mistakecheesy
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by naijainfogalery: 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
It shows your own level of comprehension, if you can't see anything wrong in what you see!! So pathetic cheesy
dustydee:

I think you should be more concerned about your comprehension of English.
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
IS means Islamic State.

In full, they mean "Syria Islamic State Advances"
naijainfogalery:
It shows your own level of comprehension, if you can't see anything wrong in what you see!! So pathetic cheesy

When did you start following foreign news. That is too poor of you not to have know that IS symbolize Islamic state. Its like some one stronger than you took the remote from you denying you opportunity to watch your movie.

7 Likes

Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by jerryunit48: 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
I think he is referring to Advances and not IS , but I think it's just typing error it happens when you are in haste we all make mistakes even you too .

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
jerryunit48:
I think he is referring to Advances and not IS , but I think it's just typing error it happens when you are in haste we all make mistakes even you too .
I doubt.
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
victorels:
IS means Islamic State.

In full, they mean "Syria Islamic State Advances"

When did you start following foreign news. That is too poor of you not to have know that IS symbolize Islamic state. Its like some one stronger than you took the remote from you denying you opportunity to watch your movie.

Still its an error, they should have written it well cos it still doesn't make much sense. My opinion though.
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by Ultimatesammie(m): 1:48am On Oct 10, 2015
jerryunit48:
So if we all make mistakes why is it dat people start alarming wen its d local ones dat make dem.
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by parrotibaba(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2015
"Syria IS(Islamic state which is in capital letters) advances"

What's wrong there? undecided
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by aoshi: 4:55am On Oct 11, 2015
People quick to criticise. Nobody is above mistakes but on this, there is no mistake whatsoever.
Op, please next time be absolutely sure before displaying your ignorance on a forum. And to think someone even corrected you..........

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by sod09(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2015
Syria IS(Islamic state) advances....
Are u happy now
BTW this is not aw fp topics look like
Verify nd get ur facts right ode!!!!!
Re: Grammatical Blunder On BBC by symbianDON(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
nothing is wrong with grammar.....the OP clearly misunderstood what was written.

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The Series: Into The Bad Lands / Jason Bourne Vs Ethan Hunt! Your Favourite / Home Alone "Star Actor Died After Having Minor Back Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.